Rkkixs_v_400x400
joined Feb 16, 2023

Oh thank fuck for that.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Presumably this is going to end now? ^^;

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

As expected, there was no way to postpone this long overdue talk now.

Clever girl.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

Still think addressing the conflicts first would've been more satisfying writing, but it got resolved fast so we cool.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

When Kurumi faked her out with the cheek kiss but turned her head, I literally shouted "Yes!" I'm so happy for them.

joined Aug 1, 2022

Man that confession felt like it took way too long and was dragging the story. The lack of communication was starting to kill me. Overall a pretty sweet confession, tho.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

the cut off Yamcha death pose at the end lol

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Ruriko slaps her after the kiss and is surprised that Kurumi apologizes. Also that uh laughter on pages 102 and 103 doesn't really look like laughter.
In general, the past few chapters were awful. I get why they were there, but we took a fun date turned it into a drama, and then resolved it in the most hand-waving way possible. If it was that easy why even make it a 3 chapter chore to go through?

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

yesssss fuck yesssssss so happy

joined Apr 15, 2013

Kind of strange that in the story about two women living and being married, the love confession happened in chapter 30. Just glad we got here.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Really hope it doesn't end in two chapters at the close of the current volume. There's a lot it can do from now on.

joined May 3, 2014

Ruriko slaps her after the kiss and is surprised that Kurumi apologizes. Also that uh laughter on pages 102 and 103 doesn't really look like laughter.
In general, the past few chapters were awful. I get why they were there, but we took a fun date turned it into a drama, and then resolved it in the most hand-waving way possible. If it was that easy why even make it a 3 chapter chore to go through?

complaining for the sake of complaining, you make no sense.

joined May 3, 2014

Man that confession felt like it took way too long and was dragging the story. The lack of communication was starting to kill me. Overall a pretty sweet confession, tho.

TRUE! like it was cute the first 15 chapters about them being like an marriage couples and such, but the story did start to drag out the inevitable romantic confession.

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

probably the worst way to work through the post-slap relationship. this was the most likely route but still actually kind of dark af. like, actually kind of realistic where the injured party just kinda wants to not think about it and pretend everything is fine. but, y'know, also literally how abuse starts in relationships! with the person in kurumi's position blaming themselves and being sure that they did something wrong to deserve it.

like sure, toxic actions happen in irl relationships without always proceeding to abuse. but we also need to take them seriously as a society? and they still very frequently doom the relationships? there's a reason even "just a slap" is an infrequent source of drama for the true endgame relationship in josei anymore. if taken seriously it is incredibly hard to come back from. compare run away with me, girl.

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

Well, after the kiss and confessions they should stop this try-out-marriage and start to live it

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

YEAH BABY, THEY FINALLY DID THE THING

joined Jul 1, 2023

probably the worst way to work through the post-slap relationship. this was the most likely route but still actually kind of dark af. like, actually kind of realistic where the injured party just kinda wants to not think about it and pretend everything is fine. but, y'know, also literally how abuse starts in relationships! with the person in kurumi's position blaming themselves and being sure that they did something wrong to deserve it.

like sure, toxic actions happen in irl relationships without always proceeding to abuse. but we also need to take them seriously as a society? and they still very frequently doom the relationships? there's a reason even "just a slap" is an infrequent source of drama for the true endgame relationship in josei anymore. if taken seriously it is incredibly hard to come back from. compare run away with me, girl.

it's not dark af it's just two adults who both fucked up talking it out lmfao. if we're gonna overanalyze the situation at all, why are we acting like kurumi didnt kiss her without any consent and completely out of nowhere? why is that not an action to which a slap is a, maybe not great, but at least understandable response to?

last edited at Aug 25, 2023 2:30PM

joined May 11, 2020

Fucking got her! So good!

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

I am. So pround of themmmm. Let's go, have an official marriage and honeymoon chapter!!!

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Don’t engage with the mentally ill.

yeah get engaged with them instead

Ren%e2%80%99py_logo_6-13-6_200x307px
joined Jan 21, 2023

"I love you but I hope you don't love me back... because it would mess up your HOBBIES!"

Wut.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

That's because it's not laughter? She's giving a strained cry of exhaustion and relief.

joined Mar 18, 2023

"I love you but I hope you don't love me back... because it would mess up your HOBBIES!"

Wut.

that be some wild logic there, dont it?

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

(facepalm) Slapping someone because they kissed you without asking isn't abuse or a toxic action. It's self defense.

Don't get me wrong, the kiss in this case is a fairly benign infraction as well, but Kurumi was still the one in the wrong for kissing somebody without asking first.

And yeah, sure, let's compare with "Run Away With Me, Girl":

In that series, Tazune had already established a clear pattern of emotional abuse. He considered her his property, he only went out with her in the first place for selfish reasons, he negged her constantly, and what's more, the background established that he is explicitly a misogynist who viewed women as inferior. Oh, and his reason for hitting her was because he was annoyed that she politely asked him to be involved in their wedding.

Compared to here, where Ruriko slapped Kurumi because she panicked over being kissed without permission.

Not to mention he didn't just give her a slap on the cheek. He clocked her with his bag, just straight up decked her. Her nose was bleeding.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/run_away_with_me_girl_ch06#31

The fact that you compared that to this is nuts to me.

(Edit: Man that series was good, though.)

last edited at Aug 25, 2023 5:50PM

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Maybe the slap is setting up a future arc? Seems kinda nonsensical to have it happen and then the next chapter has a TV special on domestic violence, just for the gravity to be unaddressed.

To reply you must either login or sign up.