Forum › Posts by Red K.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Well, that conversation went better than expected. Just Mei making it clear she wants a committed relationship and she's not conformable with poly, with no shaming.

It seems people don't have a strong grasp of what poly is. A polyamerous relationship is one with 3 or more people who all love and care for eachother equally.

What you are describing is an open relationship, where in two people either date or are married, but each mutually agree to allow the other to engage in usually sexual (but sometimes romantic) relationships with others, while staying in the relationship.

Poly would imply that every girl Karin has a fling with would be expected to have an intamite connection with Mei as well.

Poly relationships can be very committed, but Karin seems to enjoy her quick flings as a way to blow off steam.

Not to say I expect this story to go in a poly direction. Quite the opposite, actually, as it is clear that none of Mei's potential love interests are particularly interested in eachother, and infact seem to get jealous quite easily.

last edited at Mar 10, 2024 11:23PM

joined Nov 22, 2019

And I think Yvonne's return to the past only helped create a loop leading to the present (saving Elsa as a child, a kiss between the two, Yvonne's mother is still alive,...) but did nothing to change the future, right? Calling the original world 0, the world where the plot takes place is 1 (the world is in danger of BE), then what Yvonne did was only change 0 into 1 but did not do anything to turn it into world 2 (the world there is HE) right?

I think Yvonne going back in time and remembering the promise was itself the thing to change the timeline, because there exists a world in which Yvonne never remembers her promise because a future Elsa doesn't send her back in time (which is the universe that the future Elsa came from).

Of course that doesn't make sense though because for there to have been a promise in the first place, Elsa would've had to send Yvonne back in time to take over her younger self, which means a universes in which Elsa remembers a promise but another Elsa doesn't send Yvonne back in time to remember it cannot exist.

But it doesn't really matter because there's magic in this universe anyway, so our laws of physics clearly don't apply anyway.

last edited at Mar 10, 2024 9:13PM

joined Nov 22, 2019

Wonder why people here are calling Meiling the dense one when Sakuya spent 8 hours holding Meiling at knife-point asking her whether she thought she was cute and then went to the shrine to boast about it as a confession with completed confidence.

joined Nov 22, 2019

I know scummy gap student in Japanese is "kuzu rouninsei" but I wonder, what exactly is it that Makino calls her mother and is translated as toxic mom?

I haven't read the Japanese version, but I'm guessing kuzu mama or kuzu haha.

meh, sounds too cutesy, like saying "shitty mommy" she probably calls her baba, meaning "old lady", but translated to "hag" in a negative context

edit: this question made me curious enough to watch an ad to read the raw chapter and she actually doesn't call her mom kuzu/scummy at all, she calls her 毒親: 毒 being the character for poison or toxin and 親 of course meaning parent.

last edited at Dec 25, 2023 7:45AM

joined Nov 22, 2019

Y'know, this is actually a significant departure for Morinaga Milk. I mean, her characters have had anxieties, but only along the lines of "She's so awesome and I'm not (plus I'm a girl), so any hints I might be thinking I see of her maybe liking me must be wrong" kind of stuff. So self-deprecating, even a bit insecure, but nothing serious.

What we have here on the other hand, seems to be operating at an existential level--"Am I anything if she isn't looking at me? Is there a point to my existence?" This is not a kind of thinking Morinaga Milk characters have ever done before as far as I can remember. Living for the romantic partner, and maybe being supported by them to do . . . something, has always been more than sufficient for girls in Morinaga Milk stories. Often taking care of the partner has even been the basis of a character's career, going right back to Girl Friends--Mari became a nutritionist basically as an extension of cooking for her beloved Akko, and that was totally enough to make her happy and fulfilled. So yeah, this one is different.

I cosign this, pretty hard. Ignoring debates about the execution, I think it's nice to develop and investigate the normal internal issues that can happen within a relationship. Most stories are too "perfect" in the sense that any issues that do occur are external. Author's tend to be afraid to make their characters temporarily unlikeable or to have truly difficult aspects of their personality or mental space. The most internal issues we get are the "acceptable flaws" like "oh I'm not good enough," or "oh I'm too shy." Every other issues is external stuff like jealousy or a new character, work etc. I like that we get to follow her through these issues she's having and how she's hopefully work through them.

I think another problem is that when authors do make their characters be flawed, they're usually super petty, contrived, and unrelatable (Looking at you Singing You A Love Song), so seeing a story about adults dealing with realistic character flaws that aren't even necessarily their fault, its just oddly comforting and enjoyable to read.

last edited at Oct 1, 2023 9:20PM

joined Nov 22, 2019

No...no Zun...you don't understand. These shots of Marisa and Reimu's feet, Zun...they're necessary to convey the story Zun...the reader just won't understand without them Zun...I have to draw them...

joined Nov 22, 2019

What? This whole manga is called fucking "i wanna quite being a hitman." Rose literally had everything she wanted right in her hands: her girlfriend, Shirifune, a way out of the country, and the perfect cover to escape in, and then all of sudden she switches to "Actually being a hitman is no different than any other job (despite the fact that it puts my loved ones at risk), I can't quite now!"

joined Nov 22, 2019

Kurumi doesn't seem to even remember the slap, which is an odd storytelling choice.

I mean, she had a reaction to the report on marital domestic violence on the news.

joined Nov 22, 2019

This might be one of the most disturbing/scary pieces of media I've ever consumed. I don't know why, like most people who grew up on the internet, I've seen my fare share of gory fucked up shit, but when she dug up that grave, man. It was like the wind got knocked out of me. My body got cold and I genuinely started shivering, like, this manga scares me, in a way I don't think I've felt before.

Not to mention the black haired girl staring up at her window, at sunset, while she's home alone? Touches that primal part of my brain

last edited at Aug 7, 2023 9:20AM

joined Nov 22, 2019
joined Nov 22, 2019

I beleive people are looking at this the wrong way. This manga is a piece of realism, and it expresses that realism beautifully and emotionally. However, that dosen't mean the author supports what they are depicting. When realist artists of the past painted picture of impoverished families, or men coming home from the war with a thousand yard stare, they weren't in support of their subjects condition, they wanted to show people the reality of their situation in hopes of invoking change.

Now, do I think this author planned on making this a realism piece? No. What I think happened is that they tried to make an escapism story, but accidently created a narrative that was too similar to their own. And overtime, the parallel between their real life and the story caused a pessimism which seeped into their work. However, I do think this manga has a lot of value if you view it through the realist lense, and look at this outside of the perspective of just a narrative: this is the overall narrative about how a happy story of escaping an abusive system based upon the authors own situation, was slowly corrupted as the reality set upon the author that the abusive system was inescapable, even in fiction.

last edited at Aug 5, 2023 6:00AM

joined Nov 22, 2019

The vigilantes did nothing wrong. Don't stab people and you won't get beat, simple as

People don't commit crimes because they think it's a fun hobby to get into, they commit crimes because their pushed into a corner and feel they have to. Brutally punishing individual offenders without addressing the material conditions that forced them to commit the crime in the first place dosen't solve anything and only encourages more violence. You think a single mother stealing food for her starving children is going to stop just beside she took a beating? And on top of that, composing the justice force of other refugees creates animosity amongst the people and creates more violence, while also conveniently keeping the people's attention away from the government that is putting them in that situation. Don't be fooled, what is being shown in this chapter is not a sense of justice, but of a governments ability to manipulate its people to hate eachother, ignore the government, and keep working to fuel the factories to produce goods for the more lucrative tax payers.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Jesus fucking christ

joined Nov 22, 2019

Even without yuri a good touhou like this is a lot of fun :)
Wish there was still as much touhou being done as their used to be.

p.s Does Alice count as a yokai? I know she isnt human but the people in makai were devils i think- does that count as a type of yokai? And her mom was the godess so maybe she isnt a devil either - or half devil half god? who knows..

Yes, magicians who perform life extending rituals become youkai. Abandoning part of your humanity is viewed as a negative thing. Thus they are viewed as some form of evil.

Celestials and hermits had to abandon their desires first and live virtous. So they are immortal but they are not youkai.

I think it's funny though that because of this, Alice is considered a youkai while Seiga isnt, even though Alice is much more human than that necrophile.

joined Nov 22, 2019

This story is interesting to me because a happy ending seems unlikely given the tone of manga so far, but I also don't see how Collin's situation could possibly get any worse. So narratively, i can't look away, because I genuinely have no idea where this is headed.

Plus, it's already started with so much shock value that there really isn't anything else that could happen that would invoke that much emotion in me. I mean, you have a child, burying their dead baby, that they conceived by copulating with their biological father. Now where, in the ever loving fuck, do you go from there?

last edited at Jul 13, 2023 2:41AM

joined Nov 22, 2019

As much as there is something of a plot these last few chapters, I'm not surprised the formula of intro ch then sex ch is still going on. I mean really, did any of expect that she wouldn't fuck everyone in that picture before we got any answers?

She hasn't fucked anyone yet, she is currently in the running for biggest bottom of the decade

She literally ate a girl out last chapter

Yeah, after getting on her knees in front of her and waiting patiently until she was commanded too. And then not finishing herself until she was given permission.

last edited at Jul 11, 2023 1:32AM

joined Nov 22, 2019

She couldn't of just....pushed her a way?

Red K.
joined Nov 22, 2019

I feel like maybe Tsukasa is the one who gets her girlfriends so dependent on her that they threaten to commit suicide if she leaves, not the other way around.

My prediction? Tsukasa and the main girl get together, Tsukasa continues to isolate the mc and tell her that she needs her, and then it ends up just how it started, with Tsukasa chatting up some other girl on the phone about how clingy the mc is, and leaving her after making her dependent on her.

Red K.
joined Nov 22, 2019

"You keep wanting me to think about "later on" or whatever, as if you guys can predict the future. But in the end, what you want is standing right here in front of you, and you can't even see it."

"People who think they're being smart...do the stupidest things."

Holy DAMM these lines.

last edited at Jun 22, 2023 8:03PM

joined Nov 22, 2019

Jesus fucking christ that was... good lord. That was so hot. Absolutely perfect.

This is the one with the ASMR companion, right? Can anyone enlighten me on how can one get the thing? I think I really fucking want it.

It's on dlsite

last edited at Jun 22, 2023 8:29AM

joined Nov 22, 2019

unpopped popcorn

You mean corn?

Red K.
joined Nov 22, 2019

We STAN an autism coded queen, who has real emotions but an inability to express them, and isn't just an emotionless cardboard cutout.

last edited at Jun 16, 2023 2:23AM

Red K.
joined Nov 22, 2019

I'm still incredibly disturbed by the whole skin suit thing. That page walking through the skin gate is horrific, and the fact that the mc got hard underneath the skin is a thought that will stick with me for a long time

They couldn't just...cast a magic spell? Or drink a potion, maybe? Did they have to go the skin suit route? And the fact that the author went out of there way insist that passing through the gate took physical effort, with the veins bulging out of the guys head, and the fact that the skin suit got snipped off at the toes...it's just a but too much.

Red K.
joined Nov 22, 2019

At first I thought the bunny had drawn a building for the local nazi group, but then I remembered that a lot of Asian countries don't have that same association with the symbol that the west does. That made a whole lot more sense.

IDK Japanese people should know exactly what it means. They were nazi Germany's allie in the war.
However I know if you draw the design with arms turned one way it's the nazi symbol, if you draw the arms the other way it's just some old religious symbol. I want to say buddhist, but don't quote me on that. The trouble is I don't remember which way is which. And I don't really want googling nazi stuff in my search history. So I'm going to be outraged by the nazi bunnies to be on the safe side.

Yeah lol I came to the comments just for this. The swastika was originally a Buddhist symbol, and in countries where Buddhism is popular its pretty much the symbol of Buddhism, on par with he cross for Christianity. It dosen't quite have the same weight as the cross, but it is still a very popular symbol used throughout history in buddisht art and architecture. So the symbol likely is just to denote the local Buddhist temple.

While the nazi party did appropriate the symbol, it still exists across numerous ancient statues and temples. As a result, in those countries, the swastika's tie to the nazi party is secondary to its religious meaning, since most people growing up there will see the symbol numerous times in Buddhist imagery before they ever learn any sort of WWII history.

last edited at Jun 13, 2023 5:32AM

joined Nov 22, 2019
  1. I don't like the guy character. I don't really think he need to be there anymore and is sort of just third wheeling the main two

2. I can't beleive we're still in the "totally don't even recognize our relationship as ever being possibly romantic" and "getting overly blushy over an indirect compliment" stage. Plus, the whole "I don't actually have a crush on her, I just admire her because she looks cool and I think she's brave" bs. I thought we were over those sort of stereotypes in yuri, but I guess this author wanted to do a period piece.

This chapter title got me all excited for finally some sort of development away from the usual sterotypes of the last 20-30 chapters, but it ended up just being gross. I don't care that the token straight guy thinks the girls are cute. Who gives a shit.

last edited at Jun 11, 2023 7:47AM