Forum › Posts by Pyoro

Pyoro
Murcielago discussion 15 Oct 03:56
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Personally I also found the later volumes not really enjoyable; or at least last time I caught up. But maybe that's just me, dunno ...

Pyoro
Yuru Oyako discussion 13 Oct 11:44
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

To be fair, he pícked most of his astronomy ideas from Pierre Louis Maupertuis, William Derham, Edmond Halley (who gave his name to the comet) and Johannes Hevelius.

That's generally how science works ;)

Pyoro
Yuru Oyako discussion 12 Oct 15:03
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

"Objective" means derived by fact, irrespective of opinion. Ie. you lay out the foundations of mathematics, then argue 1 + 1 = 2. Objectively true.

There's no objective truth in "killing is bad" (killing Hitler clearly isn't) or any other morale statement. Objective morale philosophies (Kant, utilitarism, etc) to my knowledge are all contentious and competing which as far as I'm concerned just shows that they aren't objective.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Nope. Nope nope nope. Nope.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I know it's not applicable here, but with the somewhat rushed development I really want to say ... it got axed ;)

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Now everything makes sense.

Or ... maybe ... not.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

(the classmate has a different name too)

Different classmate. She's just collecting a harem of classmates' mothers.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Hopefully it'll actually go somewhere. The one-shot clearly says so, but ...

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'm always up for more Miss Himawari-Sunflower-san.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Hrrrm. Hopefully there'll be a reveal later on that shows she isn't just into it because she's already in pain anyway; that'd be disappointing.

Pyoro
Roid discussion 19 Sep 07:44
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Like this, there woldn't be jealousy (I think), because Anna is loved like their children

I wouldn't want to be considered a child of somebody who is intellectually and memory-wise at best my equal (on account of being the friggin' same person; that doesn't change just because she's a different name now). If anything, they should be considered sisters.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Life is suffering. But sometimes the suffering is worth it.

Pyoro
Roid discussion 12 Sep 02:51
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

They pretty quickly started looking at Anna as "this other girl", eh? Don't even notice when they talk about her ... just back when she was still human ^^;

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Wholesome handholding ...
... psycho sadism.

I see the connection.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Why are the Japanese so into alpacas, anyway?

Aren't they pretty popular everywhere these days? Alpaca wool is kinda "trendy". Either way, I know Swabian and Bavarian alpaca farms and petting zoos. Clearly there some global alpaca fad going on ...

Pyoro
Arknights! 07 Sep 15:44
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Except that you... can. You can literally use just guards and clear story content without vanguards or medics or whatever else.

Of course you can. As I said. But is that the kind of advice you'd give a new player who has only one guard character? The point was: that's enough. You don't need any more.

You can of course clear maps in completely ridiculous ways. Especially for the early chapters you don't even need to actually block any lanes, you usually can set up things to have enough DPS to kill everything without any block at all. Especially once you got all those crazy 6-star characters that make the game a snoozefest. But that's not advice; if you are at that point, you don't need to go on a forum to wonder whether your characters are enough.

Useful for someone to know who only has a guard is: if you want to clear the story content, that's more than enough. If you are struggling, then the problem is not that you don't have more guards, it's that you're missing some aspect of the mechanics.

Pyoro
Arknights! 07 Sep 15:21
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

This is untrue considering how people always joke about how Arknights is basically guardknights. Once you get higher rarity guards, they're basically the most OP class in the game. Once you have your 5/6 star guards leveled, you can pretty much have a team full of guards and clear most of the content. Examples of OP guards being Silverash, Hellagur, Blaze, Lappland, Specter, etc etc.

Yes, nice. But you still don't need them for the normal content. Try playing through normal content without vanguards or guards or healers or whatever else the situation requires - possible sometimes, but not orthodox strategy. Meanwhile, guards aren't necessary. That's not saying they can't be great. It's just saying they aren't necessary. Because, as I said, they aren't necessary.

Pyoro
Arknights! 07 Sep 15:00
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Guards are pretty whatever for the normal content. There's probably no situation where you absolutely need to have one (vanguards can do as well usually), and if not, then Melantha is perfectly sufficient.

Anyway, for playing for the story the level barely matters in my opinion. ATK/DEF etc. don't actually scale that much. Getting some skills to Level 4 is useful and of course as stuff gets more difficult you sooner or later need some raw firepower, but especially for the first few chapters it's more about understanding what you're doing with your units.

I mean, random example - Amiya has 276 ATK at level 1, 320 at level 20, and 390 all the way at level 50 (all before promoting of course). It's not insignificant but it's rarely a decisive difference. This is not like an RPG where a Level 20 character is roughly 20 times stronger than a level 1 character; it just scales stuff a little.

last edited at Sep 7, 2020 3:00PM

Pyoro
Liberta discussion 07 Sep 13:26
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Everyone arguing this way around. Well, what of the opposite direction? This is a prequel, and Nikaido is the child of those two. Which is why she's so freakishly strong.

Pyoro
Roid discussion 05 Sep 05:12
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Giving how Japan is all about conformity I'd say the message will be about the robots being in the wrong to upset the social order; so it'll end with everyone deciding that they need to be banned altogether so people can continue on living in peace. ^^

Pyoro
Arknights! 05 Sep 04:28
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Jessica's skill is great. Love her.

Perfumer is great for those maps where you get some sort of constant-damage effect. Whether it's burn or just generally a map effect or whatever.

Pyoro
Dear NOMAN discussion 03 Sep 17:12
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Now for a super hard-boiled death match that levels the entire city between the loli and her snek nee-chan for a finale.

... gotta say though; it came up a few time in the comments: based on previous series people expected a variously rushed or otherwise underwhelming conclusion and I'm getting the suspicion that wrapping all this up in 1 (or 2, if you want to count it that way) chapters will feel kinda similar. Again.

Pyoro
Yuru Oyako discussion 03 Sep 17:05
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

According to my impeccable knowledge of manga and anime Japanese sex sounds can be heard approximately in a reach of 23.7m in all directions irrespective of whether there's any wall between source and listener, and irrespective of what type of wall it is.

Therefore it would have been pointless trying to stifle her sounds either way, unless she was prepared to go to a love hotel just to masturbate (which presumably all Japanese teens have to do when figuring out their sexuality if they don't want to be overheard by their parents).

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Personally I'm a bit skeptical that the third-party actual-villain-magical-girls were part of the concept from the start. They feel to me more like "it's going well, we can expand the story now" than "all according to keikaku". Not that I'm complaining; it's an interesting direction to take.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

with the reincarnated princess not being automatically good at everything

Literally a genius at the one thing she cares about.

(not) and massively popular,

Yet everyone indulges her.

rejecting her claim to the throne

The noble hero who gets into a position of power despite not wanting it. How novel.

and focusing on science and research rather than personal power or politics.

Essentially the standard recipe of the "our worlder" bringing their knowledge to the other world and this making them successful. I also really disagree; I've read at least two if not more isekai that are about "magic research" - it usually is coupled with the "child genius" trope.

And if any of those novels ever were about any serious sort of politics I'd praise them for it, that's certainly not standard.

Plus, you've conveniently ignored all the other crap - like the "heroine vs villainess" setup with the prince and his goons. Or the generic Western-ish fantasy world. Or the overindulgent-yet-stressed father.

last edited at Sep 1, 2020 4:43AM