Forum › Posts by Pyoro

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'm surprised people here are saying "wow who cares if everyone finds out about the curse!"

For me, it's not really about that. Obviously it'd be a big deal (enjoy becoming some sort of science experiment ^^), but I'm willing to bet that wider social/political/... implications will just be ignored anyway. The motivation, means, and goal are just "manga edgyness". It's manufactured character drama, not actually about anything of substance.

And even if it's not, when reading such a quirky romance manga I want to explore those quirky themes through the main characters and their issues. We are just a few chapters in; we barely even know the main couple yet. If the mangaka feels they already got so little to offer that it needs that sort of tone shift, well, that doesn't bode well, does it?

Obviously in the end anything's possible and maybe the first few chapters were a bit misleading and this all turns into a wide-ranging socio-political works or, I don't know, aliens invade or whatever.

But more likely it'll just be MC's calm understanding will sooner or later convince antagonist-girl how wrong she is, and for no reason she'll end up with bully-dude, because that's how these plots go, and it's all sorta meh ^^

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Yeah, stupid plot direction; stupid random edgy-ness. Maybe it was always planned that way all along, but it kinda gives "out of ideas by chapter 4" vibes ^^

last edited at Mar 22, 2024 3:55AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Yeah, I'm pretty casual about my phone too. But obviously, if somebody did it without permission and my knowledge that'd still be an inacceptable betrayal of trust. Which ultimately is what that is about; not some embarrassing stuff ^^;

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Great song in any case.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Age gap, but which way?

Both ways.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Not going to happen. There's no one other than Baiser who could possibly make this happen, there's pretty much no chance of her losing control like that again, and she's certainly not going to do it willingly, considering how much she's against even the existence of Magenta's dark La Verita.

I agree that Baiser wouldn't willingly do that, but what if it spreads like a virus? Like what if Dark Magenta ends up accidentally infecting Azure and Sulfur somehow?

Exactly. Especially since she has a big syringe to inject "things" into people.

... plus, who knows what the mascots are scheming.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

If she never went to any school, I don't think she could become a transfer student. How is she supposed to follow the lessions?

You don't even have to be human to be a transfer student in manga. You can be too old, too young, the wrong gender (in all-girls/boys schools), an android, an alien, a monster girl, a ghost, literally anything or anyone.

I don't think "hasn't gone to school before and has zero public records" has any sort of implications here ^^

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Also, I get the idea that this might lead to the "Dark La Verita" issue being resolved, somehow, buuuut ... how about it first "infecting" the other two too? Come on, we should get to see that as well ;)

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'm infinitely surprised there wasn't the "suddenly a transfer student" plot point.
... maybe next chapter.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Mh, for me, "handsome girl"'s design isn't as convincing as I've seen in similar manga plotlines.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, she did realize what'd happen before it did. Only a little too late ^^;

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

... how useless was that?! JUST ASK YOU ... argh.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Urgh, the direction implied in the bonus chapter sounds ... very meh.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Pretty tasteful either way.

That was as blatant and obnoxious as it can get.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The way the protagonist went back to (vaguely) confront - or mostly justify himself - to the (kinda) bully dude just comes across as incredibly weird.

Not sure what to make of the "dramatic development" at the end. Feels like it might be a rather unnecessary distraction from the relationship stuff.

Pyoro
Love Bullet discussion 19 Jan 14:52
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Getting to be a cupid under those circumstances would definitely make me give a big middle finger to that so-called love goddess. What sort of fucked up god comes up with this system and thinks it's any level of being "nice"?

... also, how on earth does the world move on but you get reincarnated back at your own age? Do you get a new family? What about your ID, job, anything? Do you travel back in time!? But then what about the people who moved on without you ...
... I can't imagine that making any level of sense.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Simple but cute. Not bad at all.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Kinda gives me The Real Her vibes, without the BDSM.
reads author's notes
... so far.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Hrrrm. Yeah, it's kinda fun, but feels a bit too arbitrary wacky. Eh, first chapter. Let's see what it does with the idea ...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The real Christmas ... was here all along ;__;

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

For all the punchiness of the early chapters that felt a bit too calmly "realistic" to me, as an ending.
Either way, was a fun series.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

No sense of pacing, and the art is weirdly off. 3D program painted over or something ... ? Meh. Maybe it'll do something fun but having to resort to the "random rival girl" appears right away and the completely over-the-top-Mary-Sueness of the heroine doesn't sound promising.

last edited at Dec 23, 2023 10:35AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Very wholesome. Maybe a little light, but eh, Christmas season, I guess it fits.

Pyoro
Ikoku Nikki discussion 20 Dec 17:08
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That manga relies so much on narrative techniques unique to manga I really can't imagine that working as a live action movie ... but I agree. Any opportunity to go on about how good it is is a worthwhile opportunity to take ;)

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Oh, wow, don't tell me there's actual plot progression now ... at some point ... maybe ...