Forum › Posts by Pyoro

Pyoro
Saki discussion 26 Nov 15:20
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ya, that was just ... "hm, what pose would be appropriate for a completely random chatter panel? Let's see, have the shortest skirt possible and bend her over and put the view behind and below, yeah, that makes sense ..."

Pyoro
VAMPEERZ discussion 25 Nov 05:58
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I have seen that concept in a decent chunk of vampire stories outside of yuri as well. It actually makes sense as a story device.

What's funny about this is that while it's a common vampire trope I've literally yet to see it. The classic route is forcing the human into a situation where they are mortally wounded or otherwise have no choice; thus the gamble becomes acceptable. And so far I've only ever seen it go right - which of course makes sense, but also means there's no real tension or feeling of jeopardy to this sorta thing.

It'd imo be more interesting if the downsides were something less "it goes perfectly right, or it goes perfectly wrong". That'd give the author actual scope to make something bad happen without it being a complete "now everything's fucked" story.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The good old "I'm using you all for my own purposes and the fact that it makes you all insanely powerful will definitely absolutely never come back to bite my arse" evil mastermind strategy ...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

how the heck did she manage to curl her index and pinkie finger like on page 3 of the final chapter? these moves are way too advanced.

So advanced that in the last panel of that page she's got 6 fingers ...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Use your internal hard drive only for applications and temporary files you won't mind losing!

There's literally no difference between saving stuff on an external harddrive compared to an internal one. Just remove the harddrive and your internal drive becomes an external one. Or vice-versa. ^^

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Mhm. Seems like there's maybe more to this than the usual "casual suicide attempt thwarted by sudden appearance of love interest who then does pretends to double suicide with you after inviting you to live with them because their parent is a piece of shit".

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It's fine; they want to be friends anyway. They just don't know it yet.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Noted.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

"Sneaking into Yuri School" would have been a more interesting story still ...

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Kinda meh vacation trip, gotta say ^^; "Let's fly for hours to go to some malls!" Ok. Guess if that's your thing ...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, at least this should finally reveal a bit about Nikaido.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

If at least mangas acknowledged how fucked up this is, but of course they don't ...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I feel like this’ll be educational to all girls who lack real knowledge about their boobs and bras

Probably insofar as "maybe I should look into this", but I'd be wary taking whatever edification this manga does as gospel ... ^^;

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Boo. Implying that she gets herself beaten up deliberately...ish cheapens the whole violent aspect of the relationship. Boo boo. That's barely properly abusive now ...

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Yeah, this gives too much of a generic vibe for me. I guess aiming for the reader participation thing might have made that a necessary choice, but aside from it being yuri there isn't enough that's interesting going on here.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Mhm, dunno if it just feels too similar-ish in terms of the lead character to Amnesia to me, but I found the first chapter a bit underwhelming. Also, after like the 3rd "love interest" appeared there was a bit of a "okay, I get it now" feel. But I suppose to real question is how this will go forward; whether it'll manage to actually have some interesting developments or whatever it is it's aiming for ...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

dunno. Yes no maybe. I do like some bits of it, but the Prince/Princess bit seems somewhat overdone and borderline obnoxious ^^;

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Urgh, I hate that sort of "rescue somebody" romantic/friendship development. Guy's been an asshole to her the entire time, but, hey, it's okay, but he's shown some basic decency once ...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Tsk. Doesn't feel convincing.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Nothing to read into this chapter at all. Just random every day life stuff.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Blood-blade angel might be Glamor's obstinate fiancé or somebody else our heroes can rescue her from. To establish friendship, of course.

I rather suspect he's after Ruri

tbh the moment I had posted that I decided that I'm an idiot; obviously a sword-wielding angel would be some type of demon hunter ^^; But then, you never know ...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Blood-blade angel might be Glamor's obstinate fiancé or somebody else our heroes can rescue her from. To establish friendship, of course.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Suspects there's somebody in the room. Doesn't check the most obvious hiding place. Ok.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Of course that's Wanko's battle cry ...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'm sure Neji-sensei will write a way around that at some point via magic hocus pocus

She does have a fetish for some last-chapter tragedy that's hastily introduced and half-assed resolved in the final chapters though.