Forum › Posts by Pyoro

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I really don't get why this series needed the tiny bunny boss.

Pyoro
Ikoku Nikki discussion 13 Apr 12:55
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Frankly it's the best manga I've read. And I'm not qualifying this with anything or saying "in that regard" or "up until here" or something. I just think it's the best.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

When she turned down the money I expected her to go "I'll take it but only if you make me do something for it" or somesuch thing, to keep the theme of the story.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

This and Transistor Enus might not always deliver on the yuri goods, but they are still amazing. Totally not biased either.

cats lots of cats all the cats mrow mrow mrow

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

lots of copy & paste

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I noticed that the art changes a bit. Not much, but compared to Chapter 1, they look much older.
Am I the only one who noticed that?

No. They went from round heads that look super young to sharper ones to the standard ones with the triangular chin shape thing. Definitely makes them look older (maybe time is progressing in the story instead of just art refinement?).

Pyoro
Saki discussion 07 Apr 03:01
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Good to see Achiga: Saki-hen sidestory reliably continued.

I don't think Ritz even remembers the male characters at all.

Someone's gotta make the tacos ...

Pyoro
Semelparous discussion 06 Apr 13:41
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

At least there's no pretense that this is about a story anymore.
I'm saying that like it's a positive thing. Sorry, it's getting too retarded for me.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It was fun, but it's always the same issue with romance stories - "woo, finally some progress ... oh, it's over".

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Hopefully that doesn't mean it's immediately over.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Imagine this turning into a Baru Cormorant-esque political fantasy thriller ...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It's not said as explicitly as in many others, but it's the usual stuff, isn't it?

I don't know how much of that is just being scared, but it comes across to me like there's also a bit of "unusual stuff" this time - namely she feels vaguely jealous, or perhaps not good enough.

Bullseye 200 points? Are Japanese using different darts boards? 'cause I only know that as 50 ... which is why you go for 3x20, not bullseye ^^;

I don’t think that was the dartboard proclaiming 200 points but Kyouka who doesn’t seem to know how the game really works anyway.

On page 19, it's actually written inside the bullseye. Actually, looking at that picture, and I can't believe I didn't notice earlier ... this board doesn't have doubles and triples oO

last edited at Mar 30, 2021 7:20AM

Pyoro
VAMPEERZ discussion 30 Mar 05:49
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Plus it just makes things extra delicious that all the gay stuff Ichika's been teaching Aria were all first experiences for her.

This emphasis on first experiences is precisely the type of thing that annoys me about (Japanese) romances, so ... ^^

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Bullseye 200 points? Are Japanese using different darts boards? 'cause I only know that as 50 ... which is why you go for 3x20, not bullseye ^^;

Pyoro
VAMPEERZ discussion 30 Mar 04:29
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

With Aria's backstory it was already clear that nothing had happened, but making Chiyo gay and then not giving Aria at least a taste seems like a wasted opportunity. To me it'd have been more fun if Aria had already been a secret lover of Chiyo; especially if Ichiko then found out later.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I don't know. Bit serious and grimdark to me. Could have been more cute and wholesome.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ah, yeah, again one of those immortality debates we've had here 17 times already ...

Personally I don't like the vamp design and she doesn't come across as nearly vamp-y enough. Also the cheesy way to get the plot to go somewhere where she's forced to turn her maid-lover felt incredibly cliché.

Okay overall, but not exactly great.

Pyoro
Omegaverse discussion 15 Mar 06:55
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Disgusting crap. I don't mind some supernatural dominance tropes, but this entire setting is a toxic pile of rubbish ... and bad writing. Blergh, blergh, blergh.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Mhyeah ... this all makes sense ... the snow ... clearly stands for ... um ... yes. Gestaltzerfall. And the asparagus is a metaphor for ... youthful sexuality. Surely. Yes, it's all becoming clear.

Pyoro
A Cute Guy discussion 28 Jan 16:14
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Cute stuff. Pretty neat.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Popular with girls and cats. In other words: with pussies in general.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

All the oneesamas.

... also a mild case of Madoka.

Pyoro
Image Comments 19 Nov 16:46
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017
Ea9ruf1waaawfiy-orig

@Ultamisia Just because BioWare themselves fucked that up as well doesn't mean artists should stick with it. ^^

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

What a time to be alive.

Pyoro
Image Comments 14 Nov 08:31
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017
Ea9ruf1waaawfiy-orig

Waaay too human Tali.