Forum › Posts by Nyuu3

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

I didn't think much of the page count at first, but always having a payoff every fourth page feels like I'm reading to a click track. 4/4-ass manga.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

Not like I'm worried, it's just less satisfying and I doubt what we're getting next will outweigh that. Oh well.

of my fuck, I hate this manga. They kiss and it still manages to go nowhere.

lmao

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018
95074188_p28

Marisa and Remilia in angel cosplay.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

I don't really want a series, the ambiguous ending is scarier.
The worst of Haruka's yandere vibes are probably a joke, but she's clearly messed up and we didn't have enough time to pin down just how badly this could go. And imo the last page is just saying that whatever happens, Fuuka's going to hesitate until it's too late.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018
G_r_s__-1736854105073635663-img1

Girl seriously thought she didn't need to specify "in minecraft" the first time, like google was just gonna get that.
Jesus.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

Granted, some of my criticism could be eleviated by future chapters, I just got the feeling that this Vice Prez scene was very final, she literally and figuratevly left the building, so to speak. I fear that she is not gonna feature much in the future, and we never get Prez's ideas and ideology challenged in any meaningful way.

I really doubt that. She's now the person most firmly opposed to Satsuki's mindset. If the author wants to keep challenging it, she's the obvious person to do it and if they want to redeem it, her approval would mean the most. I agree that she came out looking too good and I do want her and especially prez taken down a peg, but if she reconsiders Satsuki's ideas just because he messed up once, that's kinda cheap. She needs to realize his whole thing was fucked.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

Wait, so now she's supposed to free Mitsuki from the clutches of music theory? Nooooooooo
Just learn drums or bass.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

I hope this doesn't just get resolved next chapter, because a rift emerging between two music lovers when one of them gets musician brain is really interesting stuff.
Could go for a whole manga about this, honestly.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

According to Grimoire of Marisa, she does really want some kind of servant since that'd open up a lot of spellcard options.

Thanks for the translation. I think I saw a sample on pixiv and really wanted to read this one.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018
113082522_p0

I do like the Yukari ones, but I also like her and Reimu and I never knew what to do with Ran in that case. Nice to have options.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

Cute, but why does she always end up on her left?

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018
Shiben_c16e4-1713471909038530563-img1

A lot of the time when artists contrast two characters' colour palettes, it's all in their clothes and you're supposed to just kinda ignore the skin color.
But thanks to her hair, skin colour gets associated with Lumine while the blue in both of their outfits gets associated with Furina, balancing the pic in a really nice way.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018
Truffleduster-1712658508452073771-img1

Wait, Lucky Star is still running?
That just fucks up my whole conception of time.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

Obviously Seo planned all this before the prez came after her. She might have had plans to prevent the explosion if he backed down, but honestly, probably not. She probably made a mild attempt to turn over a new leaf, but gave up some time ago and this was just validation of something she was already convinced of.

About her going all the way to mass murder, though. Normally I'm fine with detectives encountering death everywhere they go because "it's just that kind of story", but the president found it unnatural, so I guess it's not. Similarly, this could just be "the kind of story" where every other character is insane, but is it though? Should I find that unnatural? Not knowing how far I should stretch my suspension of disbelief can hurt a mystery manga.

But anyway, none of this really bothers me much because I'm way too invested in Satsuki and her turning point to mind.

Nyuu3
Happiness discussion 17 Oct 17:54
Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

The ending does feel tacked on, to the point that it doesn't even detract from wholesome part for me. I can just ignore it. There's an entirety of one little flower setting any of this up and I'm flower language illiterate so the implication doesn't really register even after having it explained.
And maybe it's because it's so tacked on, but it's hard to feel like this Marisa is that beyond saving, anyway. I mean, they have some time and Alice seems to have had a realization of her feelings so things could go a lot of ways from here.

All that said, Marisa being psycho about it is at least a fresh take on the tired MariAli lifespan drama so it's not like I hate it.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018
Marshukitty-1708688621320949826-img1%20(1)

Ain't no way this is girl is the normal type.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018
Pingke_box-1698672254903828880-img1

The text says Bocchi's the seme, but I can't see that under any circumstance.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018
Hirori_5-1699076266178351489-img1

Looks like a Dakimakura cover. A self-sufficient one. You try to hug it and they're like "nah we're good".

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

Alice being the innocent one while Marisa's looking out for her is a rare angle, but a welcome one.
Plus I've always liked the dynamic where the guardian character is also the bottom.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018
Agu_knzm-1698218700091068549-img1

TGSWIIWAGAA

Mouthful, needs an acronym.
TGWAG
TWG
W

last edited at Sep 6, 2023 2:16PM

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

Still think addressing the conflicts first would've been more satisfying writing, but it got resolved fast so we cool.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

Uhhhh....I didn't really get the ending. I get that MariAli authors just like the angst of them being separated, but I'm pretty much never satisfied with the reasoning. This time she DOES become a youkai magician and somehow that's why she's alone now? That seriously needed some fleshing out.

Still, I really liked the stories in the middle so that's a win anyway. Thanks again for the translation.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

Oh hey, a pair of lesbians bonding over GOOD rock music. Neat.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

reimari

You're in the wrong neighbourhood, fucker.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

Yep, can't go wrong with Mitsunara. Feels like the art style got funnier this time, too.