Forum › Posts by PineconeJuice

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I could see this happening in the show. Like an episode where the three of them sit down and wonder how Bocchi functions on an everyday basis.

last edited at Feb 7, 2023 6:56AM

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

And then we let the little (les)bean sizzle in her gayness for a bit and we're done

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Those chibi art remind me of Maple story. I love 'em.

So did Pei Yu make the deal with the devil or did she actually do her research to land as close to Liaoiao as possible? Because you have stars aligning for you and then you have this kind of scenario.

Oh well, I'm not complaining. I do enjoy this. I also like the fake relationship bit. It's an easy foreshadowing with some fresh drama on the horizon.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

It's a silly little thing and I'll enjoy it for what it is.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

So we won't see any more of this on here? That's too bad. Those chapters got better and better.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Hey, I knew those two remind me of someone.

Pretty neat oneshot. Wouldn't mind seeing more of them

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

This is so fitting of Mu. Is she weirded out that a girl likes girls? No, her issue is age. I think that for the first time, I'm fine with the main pair not immediately and officially getting together. Because what might happen sounds fun. Since I'm sure that Shi has no other limiters applied to her gayness, she will just go full speed ahead.

Also, I know the whole thing will settle down, because I'm sure Mu being the mature adult with a business degree that she is, will finally figure things out. Yet I can't stop thinking of the possibility that it actually doesn't work out for Shi. Not only could she curse herself for being "born this way" but also for being born at the wrong time. Such a dark though, luckily there's no way this could happen.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Isn't this officially translated by now? I know they finished translating the cooking mangas but I swear they also translated this.
Oh well, still, it's nice to see it finished on here as well.

Their interactions in here and in the anime were fun, however awful the latter ended up being. Makes me understand why people want an event with them so badly. I mean ehm, a blacksteel event, obviously.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

That chapter title. I know people joked about them adopting Rio, but come on.

Anyway, glad Rio will stick around in some way. I'm always game for more fun characters that will spice things up for the main couple.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

This chapter was one big "Bruh" moment. The definition of an idiot couple in the dictionary should redirect to this.

last edited at Jan 26, 2023 3:42PM

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I really like the narration style in this one.

Also, I thought about it being too fast, but then again what was Rurika supposed to do? Komugi's gay radiation was so strong that Rurika didn't need a gaydar to notice the highly concentrated lesbian energy that accumulated around her. And since Rurika learned that Komugi tends to be passive even about things she likes, she'd just take that initiative.

Now, what worries me more is the "We going back to the country soon so don't get used to the city life" part. Since now we know what will happen later, I wonder how it'll be resolved. For some reason, I feel like anything could happen with this story. Even a bittersweet goodbye without a follow-up "sometime later"

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Yeaa... This plot point was the first thing I thought about after reading the first chapter. Because it's the typical situation that occurs in this type of story. I think it's done that way on purpose, to show a situation of "what if". I also don't think it'll go that way. Like, the mom or even mom and dad would learn from their "mistake" and happiness. Or maybe they'll be softened enough to be convinced. Or hey, maybe we'll have something more exciting happen. Regardless I don't think they'll just settle for "Oh okay I guess we're done have fun marrying a random dude MoMo".

Anyway, after reading the chapter, I had a blast reading all those over-the-top reactions. So just for that I hope this plot goes on for a bit.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I won't lie I hoped we'd get Uda stuff first and fluff later. But I won't complain, since this chapter was excellent. I mean that ending killed it all. Mashiro wonders if her nails are trimmed properly while Nagisa, changed by her love, is still the same old practical Nagisa. But I guess those quirks are what makes them depend on each other, just for different reasons.

Anyway, ready for the emotional hit with Uda stuff. I trust the author that it'll be all nice and comfy as well with maybe a few road bumps.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Nice

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

This chapter (40) just made me let out a deep sigh. I wanted to ask if the author is running out of ideas, but to be honest it takes a creative level of stupid to come up with something like this. Like I get that breaking out of tropes is becoming the new trope, but not like this...

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022
104460821_p0

When I first watched the show I thought we'd get more Kita and Ryou stuff. Considering she apparently had a crush(?) on her.
Not that I'm complaining, I'm just surprised.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022
Kuma74204798-1614976977940905986-img1

That level of smugness should be illegal.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Unless it's handled in a weird way, it might be another "Oh no I'm gay?!" moment for a side character.
Can't wait for the sequel to this manga. "About a world that was turned gay by a college girl who gets picked up at a mixer party by an older girl and the older girl."

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I'm starting to appreciate mangas where in each chapter the author reminds us of the names of the characters in it. Because I really forgot how the other two were named. I'll blame myself since I'm horrible with remembering names, but still, I wish this had it somewhere at the start.

Still my own issues aside, I'll yet again say what an amazing manga this is so far. There's this mystery of what really happened and what will happen, but it doesn't make me feel like there's some buildup to something "big". At least not yet. It's really grounded so far, and I like it. Too many stories have an incredible buildup for a lousy payout. Mostly because the buildup was too big, even if the payout wasn't bad on its own.

And it's so bittersweet! It always turns either wholesome or cute or both but it's always in the shadow of the tragedy that both happened and in a way is still happening.

P.S
Making any kind of rolled pastry is a bitch and a half >< I wish it was as fun and amazing as it was shown here.

last edited at Jan 20, 2023 10:15AM

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

So I originally dropped this after I think 10 chapters. Decided to skim through a few chapters but I still have to ask, is this sequel still in the "mistake" territory? I mean I loved the first one, but this always seemed like the main reason most people are so tired of the artificial drama in their stories.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Ah yes, understanding from the get-go parents. If only things could be this nice. Still, I wouldn't mind for this to boil a little longer before mom "realizes". Just for some extra "funzies" and awkward situations.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

So after nobody came they just went for a walk. I mean... We all knew that would happen. So we could only go up from those expectations huh...
Also, we went through quite a bit lately and we ended up with a kiss. So what's ahead of those two I wonder.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

This is so nice

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

And then the saleswoman invited the client to showcase how this "new" method works in action. The end.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

This seems nice. It gives that old-school vibe to me but with some promises of a certain more modern approach to the plot and stuff