Forum › Posts by PineconeJuice

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Bless the translator for not keeping us in suspense for too long.

As for the story I have no words. No, I do have an open question. Will this become a monster collecting thing, or will it just be two-three (or a few more?) of those to give us a different perspective on this whole monster world?

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I don't think this development feels very forced or unnecessary at all. It actually makes a lot of sense to me, honestly.

This is p much their first encounter with a couple of things, namely direct opposition to their relationship and the jealousy that's brought on by said opposition knowing a side of your lover that you don't.

Mashiro was already struggling with feeling like a burden bc of how Nagisa and her met. Now someone who knows her gf from a time "before her" comes along, tells her to her face that she's a bad influence on Nagisa and she beats herself up over feeling jealous of that person. A real hattrick of insecurity.

Meanwhile Nagisa reels from being ambushed by the pressure of someone idolizing her and having to put her foot down against their talking down on her gf. And then when she catches a glimpse of Mashiro's cracking facade she gets real concerned of course, the time when her gf broke down bc she found out about their first meeting prob still fresh in her mind.

But instead of talking to her about it Mashiro tries to play it off, which hits Nagisa with a double whammy of "Oh, I guess she doesn't trust me enough to confide in me" and "What if she runs away from me again?", making her feel hurt.

And thus is the volatile cocktail of hurt feelings and uncommunicated worries created. All in all i think this is a normal, and dare I say necessary, direction for their relationship. Working through conflict makes a bond stronger after all. And the chapter is even titled "Misunderstanding", smth like this was inevitable, really.

That's the part I agree with. I think what creates issue(s) for some people and partially me as well is that it all happened so suddenly. But even then, it's a heated argument so maybe it's just how it's visually represented that creates this odd dramatic overblown effect.
There's a chance I'll eat my words, but till I see the next chapter I wouldn't go as far as compare it to that awful Kase-san arc.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I admit I thought this manga established how the story would go and at best we could later wonder what kind of outcome we'd get with those two. I did not expect this kind of twist to happen. With art, the ridiculous premise, and an amazing translator(s) peopleperson this is prolly my favorite thing to follow right now.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022
Gqweviyboaaljns-orig

Having finally watched it I understand why people thought it was... Well, not as good as it should be. It felt like half of the episodes were missing past the halfway point.
I still think it's a fun anime and I love those two.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

It's hard even to make those "They'll marry and still worry if the other person sees them that way" jokes since the story itself is basically becoming just that.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Wasn't there some tiger mommy in the 5.0 trailer

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022
Ghrzw4pa4aasarc-orig

^My favorite types of shows. Leave the shipping and romance to the fandom.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022
Gsdbhitawaatgfa-orig

The evil sempai and the clueless kouhai

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022
Utena

Oh, I watched it recently. Someone told me that it's like the OG yuri or something. So I did. And then one of them turned into a car and I got very confused.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

We need more girls. How about a time cop trainee that will chase after them for potentially screwing up time.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022
Gq7jab6aqae1p2i-orig

the most wholesome of pairs

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

This was pretty sweet

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022
118619966_p0

^Is the series any fun? I'll finish the Jellyfish one in a few episodes and was curious if I should pick this one up. I heard mixed things.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022
Grtj8u-weaadq90-orig

^While I hated the novel I would love to get a second season of the show, although I'm afraid it was treated like one of those "Advertisement" anime.
And seeing those other titles you mentioned I gotta say, yuri anime doesn't get any respect.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Duality of siblings. One allows you to make a wholesome surprise cake party, the other sneaks in secret rare Bocchi sightings.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022
Episode_2420

I like the name Gayne

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022
Gq6a_kpbwaar0iv-orig

^I'm not an expert but she does have a whip. That has to mean something.

Also after that one scene with those two, I was expecting a bit more fanart.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Hopefully there's a path out of this hole they've dug for themselves in the animosity going on between them. Maybe Takahashi will get into serious trouble and get helped by Itou somehow? Cuz right now Itou's position in their relationship is as a burden, an obstacle, and a liability. Bad places to be for a friendship, let alone romance.

Also I co-sign recommending the Otherside Picnic novels, they're the absolutely best implementation of the "slow burn" model for romance I've ever seen.

There was that one odd "flashback" of Takahashi. Plus I think that Takahashi is indifferent towards a lot of things and she just pretends to have any kind of strong feelings towards them. Hence why her hating Itou for real is, in a way, progress. She managed to get her emotionally invested in her and not just treat her as food/fleshsuit

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022
Gmcwb4zasaebytd-orig

Best girls

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I mean that's sort of progress, right? That Itou made Miss Monster feel something genuine towards her.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

What a sweet story, I hope this author gets a chance at their own series. So far all their oneshots were great.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022
Gn64es2ayaawnpz-orig

^Hey don't hate the player, hate the game. I'm just saying how it is. Not that I mind them being overhyped. I hope we'll get plenty more Firefly pics preferably with other girls. My secret desire is her and Silver Wolf. Such untapped potential for a ship.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022
Gn64es2ayaawnpz-orig

They would fit perfectly, two overhyped waifus

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

It was an awful tease in a story dry in yuri content. A tease that announced that no further progress shall be made till another eight mysterious characters appear at the end of certain chapters. This is my main gripe with this, the story isn't anything great, it's average at best. It would be fun to follow along with a bit more yuri sprinkled on top and that's really what I expected from this.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Fine, I'll admit that the third chapter got me slightly curious.