Forum › Posts by moglius

joined Mar 18, 2023

its crazy how i got what i wanted with this chapter, yet i dont even care anymore.

i guess a bad arc can truly exhaust you, huh?

joined Mar 18, 2023

what a chapter of a manga.

joined Mar 18, 2023

I wish this had more romance. I like all the plots and the characters, they're fun. I just wish we would get a bit more out of Hinata and Naori. I'm not sure for how long this will go, but I hope we'll see them confront each other about all these feelings somewhere in the middle of it all, so we can have them sail to the end as an official couple. I'd hate it if they did that at the end "just" before the curtain falls.

And yes I know, they're into each other. Bad. But this "idiot couple sideshow" will get tedious at some point. I'd hate for it to happen to a series I'm enjoying.

this manga has so far been the most generic romcom ive ever seen, so id definitely say that your hated scenario is exactly whats going to happen.

havent you noticed the effortless protag harem forming?

moglius
joined Mar 18, 2023
Wktfrv47n-1744109501786239076-img1%20(1)

funbags

moglius
joined Mar 18, 2023

another red flag yuri series featuring unskilled adults, ill pass this time.

joined Mar 18, 2023

the tone of this manga is truly all over the place.

It's pretty consistent. It's shit is scary and monstrous until it's not because Naori is so sweet and caring that she disarms all her foes by being herself

which just means, that its consistently all over the place.

joined Mar 18, 2023

the tone of this manga is truly all over the place.

joined Mar 18, 2023

its crazy to me, how much damage a single character can do to a story.

joined Mar 18, 2023

this is a sweet little side dish, but its getting a bit too stale for my gourmet taste, i hope we can get back to the regularly scheduled event of our bottom queen offering herself up as a five star buffet.

joined Mar 18, 2023

why is the author making her issue a fake apology this late in the story?

joined Mar 18, 2023

all those pages of proper discussion and genuine criticism, yet somehow it all gets boiled down to simply loathing a character for just existing, and getting called a hater for not enjoying an unlikable character?

can someone make sense of this gross mischaracterization? is this poor sarcasm or something?

joined Mar 18, 2023

i guess after aki and hima, this means its now time for yori to get assassinated for the sake of shiho supremacy?

joined Mar 18, 2023

the simple truth, is that kamiya is a plot device before she is a character, so it isnt all that hard to see how or why many have come to dislike her sudden inclusion.

and to make matters worse, the method she uses to move the plot forward is through negative actions, to which goes against the grain established so far.

why do authors always chose artificial growth (external force), instead of organic growth (character development)?

joined Mar 18, 2023

seems fun.

joined Mar 18, 2023

as far as i can see it, there seems to be a dissonance between the readers understanding of the severity of the slap, the authors intentions for the slap, and the characters actions in regards to the slap, which causes things to be out of order.

this results in how charitable you are towards shacky writing, determining how out of order this section of the story feels.

joined Mar 18, 2023

I didn’t ask you what an empty apology is—I already know that. I asked you why you thought this one was empty. I thought you might conceivably have some support for your argument besides that it subjectively “rings hollow” and “feels like a bad joke.” You have clarified that you do not.

okay. lets end this here.

the apology is all good, nothing is wrong with it.

joined Mar 18, 2023

yet i still wonder, what good is an empty apology?

OK, I guess I’ll bite:

What is “empty” about her apology?

What would constitute an apology that was not “empty”?

i wonder why it is, that you always seem to need a clarification on some of the most basic concepts?

anyway, an empty apology is a meaningless expression of regret for wrongdoing, and in regards to chapter 30, its displayed in how the author has minimized the ill will of the victim of the wrongdoing, to the extent that the apology given rings hallow, instead it ends up feeling like some kind of a bad joke.

Thanks, now I get it—the apology “feels” that way to you. Like everyone, you certainly are welcome to your personal “feelings.”

sigh.... first the stupid question, now the snarky attitude, huh? you never change, do you?

joined Mar 18, 2023

OK, I guess I’ll bite:

i wonder why it is, that you always seem to need a clarification on some of the most basic concepts?

anyway, an empty apology is a meaningless expression of regret for wrongdoing, and in regards to chapter 30, its displayed in how the author has minimized the ill will of the victim of the wrongdoing, to the extent that the apology given rings hallow, instead it ends up feeling like some kind of a bad joke.

after all, the author set up this sham of a dramatic plot line by having a non-consensual kiss lead into surprise domestic violence, then payed said drama off by having the victim of domestic violence blackmail the victim of the non-consensual kiss into giving her a kiss on the cheek she slapped, in the name of calling things even.

and, i would love to say that this is the end since this is already bad enough, but for some reason the author is hell bent on making this manga the best comedy possible, as kurumi proceeds to once again steal a kiss from ruriko repeating the mistake that started the drama, and yet this time its seen as an acceptable act somehow?

tldr.

her apology feels “empty” as a result of the author making light of her wrongdoing.

serious reflection and genuine introspection.

joined Mar 18, 2023

"I'm afraid that if I ask for more from our relationship you'll end up unhappy or resentful of me."

"But I'm sure I can slap the shit out of you and that won't make you in the least unhappy or resentful of me."

As I already pointed out, they were both wrong in that situation, and they've both apologized for it.

joined Mar 18, 2023

"I love you but I hope you don't love me back... because it would mess up your HOBBIES!"

Wut.

that be some wild logic there, dont it?

joined Mar 18, 2023

sigh.... this is such a good development, and yet the route to get there has managed to ruin it for me.

joined Mar 18, 2023

well.... that was certainly underwhelming....

joined Mar 18, 2023

well.... that was certainly a whole lot of nothing, what a way to waste all that built up tension from the last chapter.

joined Mar 18, 2023

having a bit of time to think about it, this is a debate between those who enjoy the story despite the negatives, and those who cant enjoy the story because of the negatives.

so, it goes without saying there will be no agreement, since those who like the story despite its negatives will focus on the positives and dismiss the negatives as no big deal.

while, those who cant enjoy the story because of its negatives will focus on the negative aspects, as its making most if not all of the positive aspects of the story rather pointless.

moglius
Citrus + discussion 22 Jul 21:34
joined Mar 18, 2023

mei is quite the character this chapter, aint she?

she starts off by calling yuzu her fiance and questioning her lack of faith within her, as if she hadnt done everything in her power to be most undeserving of it?

then, when yuzu opens up to her by attempting to explain her insecurity, she not only fails to comfort her so called fiance, she chooses to coldly inform her that arata the source of her insecurity being involved in her plans is unchangeable, and on top of that asserts that she is being a nuisance who is going to cause her trouble if she keeps this up.

and finally, she asks for advice from a friend which was actually just her telling said friend what happened, to then double down on her convictions implying that the insecurities of her fiancee are worth less than the academies future, and she wont stop at any cost for currently unexplained reasons at the moment.

this chapter is hands down some of the most contrived forced drama ive seen in quite a while, which is a fun little way of saying a couple of minutes ago, since most stories are pulling this sort of shit these days.