Forum › Posts by b58

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Well I thought we'd get more of the sister in this chapter especially after that first colored page, so that kinda took me by surprise

last edited at Apr 12, 2024 9:41AM

b58
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I like the "love vision" in this chapter, used to a great effect... also I'm somewhat surprised Xiaoen is actually a bit afraid of Sixi, it didn't really seem like that so far lmao

last edited at Apr 9, 2024 3:09PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Very cathartic chapter. "Power couple" is the only way to describe them. :-)

Also, I no longer think that the Witch is future!Elsa. She has shown her face to Evie and she didn't recognize her, so it must be someone else. My bet is on Olivia, based solely on the shape of her hair (even if the color doesn't match).

We were shown her face too :P
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/please_bully_me_miss_villainess_ch61#6

b58
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I know this was like, the least important part of a very emotional chapter, but I fucking died from laughter at Sixi, yeah who's encouraging these romantics, says the girl that came up with this stupid billboard lmao

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Crescent Moon and Doughnuts was a lowkey romance between two asexual women, and Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend was mostly platonic love between two female friends. Let's see if it could get more steamy this time :))

The cover already looks like it to be fair...

Also, it feels very weird now to read an Usui Shio story that's not about adults but I'm sure there were some before :P

last edited at Mar 18, 2024 8:44AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

rip ankle

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I...Did Evie literally just forget that she went back in time to find a way to stop the monster invasion?

I almost did too

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

"It's almost like a dream!"

Smash cut to Hinoka waking up in bed

This seems so obvious and would be the funniest thing ever that I will actually be disappointed if the next chapter doesn't start like that

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I cant believe this place is more moderate in discussions about the various yuri elements in this manga than fucking mangadex.

I do like this place a bit more than mangadex when it comes to discussions, I dunno if it's just about that slightly oldschool forum feel, Mangadex comments feel to me more like just a comment section (even though technically there isn't really a distinction is it). I'll ignore the rest of your comment :P

I do wish we got more time with the main couple. They don't even appear in most of these chapters now.

I dunno, I feel like we had plenty appearances of Mashiro and Nagisa even after the deal was done, in fact chapter 38, so literally the previous one, was largely about them :P I feel like the author managed to strike a nice balance (maybe only sliiiightly dragging out things sometimes but I don't dislike it).

last edited at Mar 1, 2024 5:10PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I really like this direction, it's very interesting (even though the Rubeus thing did develop unusually fast), but I also feel I'm losing the plot a bit - why did Vino-kun even speak in code words to Lapis about Diana fighting some random commoner as if it's all according to their plan? I thought if anything, they're scheming with some nobles or whatever :P And if it's not some kind of spark to begin the evil scheme or purge or whatever the fuck is she even planning at this point, why didn't the servant simply say that Diana is stirring some shit up and you should take a look (not like that's a secret at this point, they're clearly making a public scene?) It's extremely minor but just doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

... but I guess it may be explained in later chapters?

last edited at Feb 29, 2024 2:27PM

b58
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

This was like 2 bait-and-switches in one chapter and both worked well, this didn't go like I thought it would at all :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I know better than to get excited for what comes next, and I think you all should too, considering this story's track record :P

last edited at Feb 23, 2024 5:12AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I thought this was a little bit deranged but then I read the translator's note and it only makes me more worried to be quite honest lmao

... but I'll try to keep my mind as open as I am able to

last edited at Feb 19, 2024 7:39AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

XD

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I like how they called magic unscientific followed by something that sounds like a somewhat scientific explanation of the phenomenon

last edited at Feb 16, 2024 4:47AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Yuzu's character changed in the exact same way as Minami's did at the start of the series for mostly the same reason (forced to acknowledge their romantic feelings after being confronted with the possibility of their crush dating someone else) and before that they weren't at all thinking about the way they were behaving toward one another, Minami because she wasn't aware of her feelings and Yuzu because she was repressing them.

I think it was executed very poorly, doesn't mean I'm "deliberately missing a point" (what the hell does that even mean :P) It's similar only superficially - for one thing Yuzu actualy confessed before the manga even started, and we also got these (extremely) small glimmers that she still remembers even before the author felt the need to introduce the third character. But we're supposed to accept at face value that while all of this was going on, she was simultaneously completely oblivious like on that planetarium date (and all the other chapters really). That's not repressing feelings, that's just the author trying to pull a dumb plot twist (that everyone saw a mile away anyway), while the story suffered for it in the meantime. I don't think that whole progression was at all believable and that's why I didn't like it.

But anyway, I'll reiterate I'm glad we're past that point, story is already better for it.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

two chapters ago Yuzu's personality inexplicably switched

Did you miss that part where Kamiya forced Yuzu to stop bottling her feelings? It is a very explicable switch

Long buried feelings begin welling up once more

I didn't miss it, I just don't buy it as an explanation :P

last edited at Feb 10, 2024 3:45PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I don't particularly care for this since it swapped PoVs, Yuzu was more fun when it was implied she had a subtle crush but wasn't aware about relationships much.
Right now she just kinda became a fairly stock useless lesbian character, she doesn't have the uniqueness she had before.

I can see that, it was pretty disappointing that there was no real mystery about Yuzu or anything complicated, but she was just a typical character from the start but the author just inexplicably didn't show any of it. That part in this chapter where she actually recalled the planetarium feels like pointing out their own writing mistakes - yeah she didn't notice it was a date because two chapters ago Yuzu's personality inexplicably switched :P

... that being said, I prefer stock useless characters to bad writing of previous chapters, that reveal should have happened in one of the early chapters. So I'm liking this more now, for the same reasons you don't like it anymore :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

how much you wanna bet that grandpa doesn't even know that his granddaughter is running around the park and battling monsters, maybe he really just thinks it's sword practice lmao

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I liked it, it probably wasn't intentional but Takimiya's story being so underbaked makes it even funnier, that last "fuck you" for her at the end is a very Akashi kind of humour.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Best case scenario, they find each other and Asumi realizes she can't throw away the life she built with Nanao for a childhood crush that she wasn't even really aware of, and they become friends instead and Mai finds her own girlfriend.

I still think this would make the most sense, first and foremost because it would be funny and this is a comedy manga :P If after however many chapters it turns out that they'd rather just go their separate ways, that's pretty humorous to me. But I think it's hard to predict anything because I also don't get the impression that any of this was planned out.

last edited at Jan 29, 2024 10:22AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

OH IT WAS HER THE WHOLE TIME but like what is the point of that, it was a nice story even without this massive coincidence

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

PS: there's no such thing as "Standard" English. It's not French (and plenty of French people make fun of the Académie Française anyway).

When I was taught English at school (as a foreign language) it was "officially" British English, at least according to curriculum, not sure if that's common around the world. But realistically it also didn't matter in 99% of cases :P

last edited at Jan 12, 2024 9:59AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

she's got some preconceived notions about oni (i refuse to call the ogres)

get out of my swamp