Forum › Take Responsibility For My Stomach! discussion

joined Sep 28, 2017

How is this yuri again? Or will it be in the future? So far is merely subtext and I'm being generous in the term

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

Yeah a lot of fat free products are actually just code for “we swapped the fat content for sugar content” and it’s sometimes less healthy to go for the low fat/no fat options. Plus it won’t keep you full for as long

I'm told that this isn't quite as much of a problem in Japan, as they don't have the same food culture of putting sugar in everything. I recall people visiting from Japan commenting on how everything in the US is so overly sweet that it was sometimes hard to deal with.

There are still plenty of candies and desserts, but supposedly not so much sugar in everything else.

last edited at Nov 6, 2021 1:13PM

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I'm told that this isn't quite as much of a problem in Japan, as they don't have the same food culture of putting sugar in everything. I recall people visiting from Japan commenting on how everything in the US is so overly sweet that it was sometimes hard to deal with.

There are still plenty of candies and deserts, but supposedly not so much sugar in everything else.

In fact, one can absolutely make the argument here that America is the true outlier of the two, with how much more sugar and sweeteners they put in their food compared to literally anywhere else. Keeping an eye out for sneaky sugar in your everyday food is still a good idea of course, but it's probably a lot more pressing to an American than anywhere else.

I haven't been to the US myself, but others who have tell me that american bread is very literally what we in Europe would consider cake. Some people actually can't eat american toast because it's like eating a dessert to them.

last edited at Nov 5, 2021 6:14PM

joined Aug 21, 2017

There are still plenty of candies and deserts, but supposedly not so much sugar in everything else.

In fact, one can absolutely make the argument here that America is the true outlier of the two, with how much more sugar and sweeteners they put in their food compared to literally anywhere else. Keeping an eye out for sneaky sugar in your everyday food is still a good idea of course, but it's probably a lot more pressing to an American than anywhere else.

I haven't been to the US myself, but others who have tell me that american bread is very literally what we in Europe would consider cake. Some people actually can't eat american toast because it's like eating a dessert to them.

I've heard some Europeans visiting America have gotten headaches from all the sugar. Bread seems to be a common example.

A%20hentai
joined Feb 16, 2016

Yeah a lot of fat free products are actually just code for “we swapped the fat content for sugar content” and it’s sometimes less healthy to go for the low fat/no fat options. Plus it won’t keep you full for as long

There are still plenty of candies and desserts, but supposedly not so much sugar in everything else.

I dunno, they put sugar in the heckin' BEANS and in all the 5249 types of breads.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I dunno, they put sugar in the heckin' BEANS and in all the 5249 types of breads.

Tbf most of those "breads" in Japan that you always see teenagers eat in manga are actually made to literally be enjoyed as sweets and snacks. They're not "food bread" like we in the west usually think of it, they're literally candy substitutes.

If anything, it's quite funny to me that one of Japan's most popular forms of "sugary-sweets" are so bland by American standards that it just registers to them as weirdly flavoured bread. xD

last edited at Nov 7, 2021 7:45AM

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

Chubby girls? In this manga? Where? xD

Yeah, I don't see anyone who actually looks chubby.

True lol, wich is why!!! we need actual chubby girls in yuri manga!!!! more!!! need!!! mighty need!!!!

never wheat shredded eat
joined Aug 21, 2019

this chapter was real gay

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I'm beginning to suspect there won't be any recipes I'd enjoy in this story, all of them so far have been either bizarre or gross.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Really didn’t expect to see uhh checks notes ntr roleplay in this chapter of the yuribait dieting series

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I'm beginning to suspect there won't be any recipes I'd enjoy in this story, all of them so far have been either bizarre or gross.

I'd eat the mackerel tofu sandwich, doesn't seem that unusual or even gross to me heh

joined May 1, 2015

Ruka sama, please grace this lowly swine with more yuri.

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

I enjoy these yuri bait food manga, and this one has an odd appeal to me as I don't want to eat anything in it therefore it doesn't make me hungry.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Holy crap! What a cute art! furiously subscribes

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Ruka sama, please grace this lowly swine with more yuri.

+1

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

the moment she said she put an egg in the microwave....
Like that next panel comes as a shock but not a surprise haha

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Squish

joined Feb 21, 2019

Squish

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

[Obligatory -SQUISH- Goes Here]

Finally, a dish that's not crazy! Still wouldn't eat it because shrooms, but at least it's not cray-cray like the potato salad with sodding oat meal in it.

joined Jun 1, 2016

Always cook my eggs in a pan so I wouldn't know but, do eggs blow up in the microwave?

joined Sep 6, 2020

Always cook my eggs in a pan so I wouldn't know but, do eggs blow up in the microwave?

Indeed here's a video that explains it easily and quickly. https://youtu.be/PfyVRhL2Dgw

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

Dunno about Ritsu but I think Ruka does have a bit of hots for Ritsu. Is that fair to say?

joined Sep 9, 2016

Sorry Ruka, but banning Ritsu from using knives because she beaned you with a potato from across the room is using potato reasoning.

I'll die alone on this hill if need be.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

The recipe at the end involves cooking diced chicken in a microwave. As someone who isn't very knowledgeable about cooking, is that safe? I've always understood you need to be extra careful with chicken meat.

last edited at Jan 9, 2022 11:15PM

joined Aug 21, 2017

The recipe at the end involves cooking diced chicken in a microwave. As someone who isn't very knowledgeable about cooking, is that safe? I've always understood you need to be extra careful with chicken meat.

You need to be extra careful with chicken because chicken can have salmonella. So unlike how you may be able to cook beef rare and eat it "safely" (in America at least), you must cook chicken all the way through. Each kind of meat has a certain minimum temperature necessary to actually cook it properly, though I don't remember what they are. If your microwave can heat things up at the minimum temperature I suppose you could cook it that way, though I personally would avoid doing so if possible.

To reply you must either login or sign up.