Forum › Posts by Dynasty Reader

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

I felt that. The premise was something I didn't know I needed. The feelings felt genuine to me. What was being conveyed, got across, it was articulated very well, for a short, top marks.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

So that's it then.. the ship has sailed?

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

Same but she had a dream about kissing her now. Idk if it can just be friendship anymore after that.

Good thing she didn't have a dream about confessing and being rejected, hm?

I mean, let's not be too hasty now, that could be the next dream.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

The whole air pocky sequence with Ed and Ian was uncalled-for, unneeded and superfluous. Yuck. Blegh.

Quite the contrary, it was hilarious. Giant rodent attack!

That should have been Ayano and Miyoshi.

Nobody reads this manga to watch middle-aged gay guys flirting.

Okay dude, I don't know who here is asking ngl but hey, if you wanna have a little cry about it, by all means though, perhaps Machiavelli or whatever they're calling themselves will put an arm around your shoulder.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

I like their friendship, I don't know if I want it to turn into something romantic

Same but she had a dream about kissing her now. Idk if it can just be friendship anymore after that, say nothing comes from it, it's still gotta be explored at least now.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

Eli strikes me as the kinda girl that will just say it, like, I think she will just straight up tell Honoka about it, like it's a comment in passing for small talk between them but like, the ending being kinda abrupt doesn't give much context as to how she feels about this beyond the immediate reaction so like, it's hard to tell of she actually will or maybe this is something she'll pocket away for once.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

I am trying to remember other points as to where Eli and Hono have hinted some attraction to eachother, I know there have been other moments more subtext though like, this feels like the 1st time it's been more explicit though. I am gonna say it, guys I think Elisha has a crush on Honoka.

joined Sep 7, 2021

Welp, that was resolved rather, unfussed like in the end. Idk, I guess I just thought that there would be more of a point to their standoffishness but there was point enough ig. Oh well, ig "alls well, that ends well." On that front at least.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

Other than the husband. The women in this show are horrible. I understand, that it's not easy but they're so insufferable, acting like they're victims or not in control. They are, they're just horrible at making decisions. They talke through their problems and refuse to do anything to resolve them, they deserve every struggle they get with their relationships, yikes. Ew.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

This is good, this is good horror. It's actually making me recoil, gag and want to claw my eyes out. It's horrific and in an unfortunately almost real way.

I am cold with fury. I want to drag the grown ups in this story responsible, into a room and go nuclear.

joined Sep 7, 2021

Well one of two things happens now. One, they both recoil back into their shells and avoid eachother or what happened, setting back months of build up and progression between them.. Or Two, they actually sit down and discuss what happened, what it means and what happens next. The secret third route is that, they talk about it but instead of being fully honest with eachother, they just hide the truth.

It's going pretty much as expected tbh and I think that's okay. This was always gonna be one of the more slower burners, with romance.. I don't know if that's the right term but yh (or maybe love is a better term.) anyway, the end goal is basically for them to realise what their feelings are ig. Rn it seems like an affectionate love story and just wanting to be together, more than a normal "romantic" love, idk, it's hard to explain, all I can say is that obviously this all budding and new to them. I believe that this is supposed to be a different take on "love" and that's tripping some up, that are expecting a progression to a more conventional romance and personally, I am not much getting that vibe as much as of yet.

This comment was atrociously structured but I am really confused on how to explain the way I feel their relationship is with eachother, at least on a deeper level and where I think things are going. I just don't believe that it's supposed to be as conventional as some seem to be angling at, I could be wrong though, or even overthinking it.

last edited at Aug 5, 2023 1:03PM

joined Sep 7, 2021

Lol, I wonder if all of them were secretly pretending to be lesbians. XD
Imagine that, and then like the only actual lesbians there were all just standing and sitting down normally without the PDA.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

The last episode had me confused. So basically everyone else knows that Ayano is more gay for Miyo than Ayano knows, herself? Or does Ayano know and she's just trying not to make it obvious.. The dynamic between these two is hard to read for me, I know they're close but I just can't get a read on, if they know just how close they are or not.

joined Sep 7, 2021

I love this. No drama, just two girls getting it on and getting along. Ah, my back ached from the pressure of the cringe I just dropped. XD

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

Ayaka is smarter than I gave her credit for clearly. I have a feeling, everything will work out just nicely for her.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

Ayaka is smarter than I gave her credit for clearly. I have a feeling, everything will work out just nicely for her.

joined Sep 7, 2021

Well one of two things happens now. One, they both recoil back into their shells and avoid eachother or what happened, setting back months of build up and progression between them.. Or Two, they actually sit down and discuss what happened, what it means and what happens next. The secret third route is that, they talk about it but instead of being fully honest with eachother, they just hide the truth.

And for everyone having a fit and a panic attack over how Riko reacted, just really.. please, it's fairly obvious that they're kinda aloof and frigid characters, with regards to relationships and very introspective. How on earth this reaction is surprising to anyone is beyond me. Obviously she didn't mean to react like that, it was simply panic, she had never envisaged Kurumi actually doing something like that. It's like swatting at a butterfly in your peripheral vision. Obviously no one wants to hurt no butterfly but sometimes you get spooked. She was obviously spooked. It's not that wild to be reaching for nonsensical absolutions like physical abuse. Come back to us now. XD
Obviously it's frustrating that this happened but it was never not completely out of the blue, like some seem to think.

joined Sep 7, 2021

Yoh is either incredibly stupid or this story is rather predictable or both.

Like, why is she going along with his every whim if she doesn't like him.. Just don't join, it's not her problem if he says he likes her, just don't accept, even if he comes out about it. I get that she's trying keep it under wraps because of Misa but the truth always gets out.
She's gonna catch them in the act eventually, that's obviously where this is going right?

Like come on, idk, maybe this kinda story just isn't for me, it's too predictable for no reason and the logic isn't there. I am all for love triangles and stories where dark stuff like molestation happens but this makes no sense.. Like why the hell is she going on a date with someone she doesn't like.. What's the game plan with that? Is she subconsciously becoming interested in him that I missed.. idk.

I am still sticking with it because I am a sucker for a good car crash. Also, who knows maybe there's a twist I am not seeing coming down the line, I doubt it though.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

I am gonna get heat for this, but I don't think Hiroko should be obligated to change her stance just because Ayaka has come out to the whole office about it. I think she will though, due to the nature of the story, but if she didn't, I wouldn't blame her.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

This is an incredible development and goes a good way to giving insight into Hiro's mindset. Not completely shocking if you understand the kinda corporate working environment Japan promotes, traditionally, at least.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

I respect Risa's persistence in tryna shoot her shot and get Ayaka to move on but that's not the way I'd go about it lol.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

Yeah, I felt harsh towards Hiroko for being disingenuous to Ayaka but that was me forgetting the bigger picture. Hiroko is a professional career woman with aspirations, goals and feelings also, she doesn't want to shake those foundations and that is absolutely a valid (and tbh, imo the right) decision.

Risa doesn't see this because she's not in a position of power. She's on the same level as Ayaka. Hiroko isn't. Hiroko deserves respect, not for how she conducted herself but her intent here. She's trying to show a level of maturity and responsibility, you don't often see in this medium, even though it's more often than not expected, in professional environments.

last edited at Jun 15, 2023 2:19PM

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

The art is insane. I wish they did more.

joined Sep 7, 2021

Y'all were kinda right. Kurumi really is falling for Ruriko. Ruriko fell first but is doing more to keep herself in check because she can't imagine that Kurumi would ever feel the same.
Kurumi seems to be approaching the cliff edge. I am gathering that she seems to be, developing some kinda understanding that she might be in love. Maybe their next bonding night will solidify something's for her?

I am really liking the pacing of this slow budding mature romance. Too few and far between it feels like these days.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021
Okazakiokaa-1607461547722567681-img1

If you ever know Gundam, you know hope is a futile aspiration.