Forum › Posts by Cornonthekopp

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

This continues to be the weirdest premise for a yuri manga ever. "I'm married to you, but no homo". What's even the point?

Are people really that unfamiliar with the “marriage before love” trope? I’ve seen so many different series that all use this (mostly cnovels or historical/fantasy) where they get married out of convenience, for political reasons, to get parents off their back, because its an arranged marriage, of for a myriad of other reasons. This premise definitely isn’t the most far fetched use of the trope either.

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

The other sheepgirl maid is the audience insert watching these two blushy idiots

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Happy pride! I’m impressed we’ve already raised so much money in just a couple of days, good job everyone

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Y'alll uh, I just had a cursed flash of forbidden knowledge.

This story is Still Sick as a highschool comedy 4koma isn't it

oh my god

holy shit my third eye has been opened

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

“Not a yuri guy” yeah sure whatever you gotta tell yourself

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

It can get confusing to read if you dont understand the Chinese cultures and some of the usual term. This story is a famous novel in jjwxc, one of the biggest novel site in China. It won a big award on there as well. This is usually rare for novel and it's extremely rare for a yuri novel to win as well.
The manhua is kinda underwhelming vs the novel, but the story is very solid. If they stay true to the novel, then you'll love the relationship between the two main characters.
The amount of tears and laughs I had for this novel is quite a lot. The one thing I was really disappointed by is Feng Yu character portrait. I expected her to be less childish looking, more like a sporty sunny side-up egg.

Ooh is the novel translated? I’d love to read it, chinese GL novels are my addiction right now, there’s so much good stuff.

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Happy chapter 69, and looks like we get some juicy drama to go with it. I’m really curious how this is gonna turn out, I could see Kyouko going either way

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Ah what a hot mess

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Knight heron calling out the difficult truths of the genre

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

SO PRECIOUS!!!!!

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Can’t wait for the culture festival battle tournament arc, and tbh I was really shocked by the revelation that Ponko was actually a robot, totally changes the story here.

Also shout out to the “spot the hidden image” panel with Ponko and Grandpa in the train station

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Here’s hoping for the eventual “fake their own deaths and escape to live peacefully in a quiet countryside town” plan. That’s the only way this series could ever have a happy ending tbh.

last edited at Jun 8, 2021 2:15PM

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Sera says, "It still feels like we're just friends," in the same panels where Rurika is collapsing because that's exactly what's happening in the moment: Rurika is not treating Sera like a wife, she's treating her like any other friend.

Agreed. That's also why I see this as primarily a chance for Rurika to develop and be more honest about her feelings. If she wants to be a "real" couple with Sera than she should try and communicate that and I'm sure they'll find some way to handle things. Sera has already started doubting the "fall in love" rule, so while she took her time, she's certainly getting there.

Overall, I'm excited to see what the next chapters will bring. Ushio has so far been excellent at handling more serious matters in her manga, so I'm sure this will be resolved in a good way too.

Yeah, I see the whole “endure the pain of whatever sickness you have for the sake of Sera” as a parallel with Ruriko enduring her own one sided love for Sera because she’s afraid of alienating her and or losing her.

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Finally these two dummies can get together properly

Cornonthekopp
Image Comments 08 Jun 01:31
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Now this is a pairing I haven’t seen before

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Idk why everyone keeps saying yandere, I read it as the popular girl putting these rules in place to make the weak willed girl learn how to get comfortable with saying no. I think the whole point is to train her to express herself more honestly, even if initially she’s just following orders.

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

So how much more obvious does it need to get since she didn’t outwardly react to the “couple” they saw being a mirror (? Or something it looked like ghosts at the end)

This denial from Julie rivals that of Adachi at this point.

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

You know that feeling when you platonically just live with your bff, go to work with them, spend all hours of the day together, wake them up, cook breakfast for them, straddle them in bed and ruffle their hair…

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

I agree that the introduction of a rival character feels forced, and she certainly didn’t make a good first impression, but it’s kinda fresh to see a love rival thats interested in the protagonist rather than the protagonists love interest.

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Wonderful, I love them as always

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Youre not yourself when youre thirsty, have some green tea

Maybe take some time to appreciate the white lotuses around you

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Gay awakening in 3...2...

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

By the way for anyone who doesn’t know, in Japan (and generally in east asia) the number 4 is associated with death and sometimes considered an unlucky number, similar to how 666 or 13 are sometimes considered unlucky in the US. So Reiko getting 444.444 on the punching machine is very fitting for a ghost.

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

[54] i'm just glad that fuji jr did not appear in this chapter.

He would have been a total creep about it, but instead we get to enjoy potato powered fart rocket ponko? Idk. But I laughed my ass off when she started lifting off.

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

The people standing next to her for sure heard some of that...