Forum › Posts by Cornonthekopp

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Get a room you two

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

even a single page of winter trees looks beautiful when colored and illustrated by this mangaka

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

I've read the mandarin one of this but nothing beats the English trans lmao. Thank goodness, I'm still trying to cleanse my eyes from the last season. It's unfair how we get so much geordo and Keith's moments but only yuri baiting with Maria and Mary. I'm so happy doujinshi exists

It’s crazy to me how the anime simultaneously managed to feel biased against the gals in the harem, and yet still gave them all better chemistry with Katarina than the guys

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

I see it, my eyes are opened to the Yuu/Misha crumbs hidden here

I like how so obviously charmed Claire is when Rei puts her jacket on her, and she has to pretend like she isn’t. Things are really starting to build up now that we know Rei is secretly selling her recipies and saving up money for… something. Loving the multiple loaded statements and glances she’s giving Lene here too. Loooots of great little background moments with Relaire too, I love seeing this little slime kid have a blast on Claire’s head.

Overall I think this chapter felt a little more disjointed than it did in the novel, and I can’t quite put my finger on it, something about the Lene-sensei bit and the creme brulee both felt a little rushed somehow, but I’m really looking forward to the actual cafe/festival scene that should be next chapter (?) Yuu in a dress is critical, I gotta see it

last edited at Sep 25, 2021 12:01PM

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

At this rate we aren’t gonna see a confession until the heisei era at least

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

I wonder if the end there is hinting that Wanko got a gig voicing one of the mobage characters.

What if her “big break” ends up with her being the voice of a fan favorite character on a mobile game that suddenly blows up? It kinda reminds me of all the big voice actors who started streaming genshin and play as the character they voice

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

iirc she said she was done writing yuri at least for the time being but she still planned on including girl-girl couples in her works. Nakatani also has a pretty good track record of not having adults be creepy towards minors so I don't expect any sort of weird age gap thing.

Yeah I remember that, and so I’m thinking that there’s definitely still gonna be plenty of queer people in this series.

I also do have some hope, Nakatani is one of the few artists who pretty solidly avoids being creepy to kids, and I think it definitely shows in Bloom into You that she’s not trying to sexualize the characters for the audience.

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Has anyone else heard that she’s starting a new series that comes out next month? According to the tweet I saw about the series it’s

a new sci-fi manga series titled "Kami-sama ga machigaeru" in upcoming Dengeki Daioh issue 12/2021 out Oct 27, 2021. The weird daily life of a middle school boy and the female scientist he's living with in a world filled with bugs.

I’m a little weirded out by the wording and whole “middle school boy and adult woman” thing but I’m willing to give it a shot since she wrote Bloom into You, and my assumption is that it wouldn’t be some weird age gap thing.

I’m a little surprised that she doesn’t seem to be doing yuri this time, although I do remember she did say she never really identified as a “yuri mangaka” per say, and I kinda remember seeing some stuff about her wanting to write a more fantasy/sci fi type story.

My prediction is that even if it’s not specifically a “yuri manga” that it’s still gonna be full to the brim with queer characters and possibly romance subplots, it’s just that the main focus of the story isn’t on the romance.

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

The thirst is strong with this one but I'm getting red flags from everyone.

I think that might actually be where this is going. I could easily see a twist where it turn out that none of them actually love the protagonist because:

1. Former idol is just unintentionally really flirty because of her past in the entertainment industry and just wants a friend.

2. The teacher seems to do this to all her students (probably as a way to make them keep their grades up).

3. The tomboy is just using her looks to convince women to join her club, and is just "putting on a performance" for both the protagonist and all the other girls she ropes into joining.

4. The kiss demon is probably called that because her personality totally changes when she's sober and she doesn't remember or follow through on any of her promises made while drunk.

5. The roommate seems to like the protag as a bodypillow? But maybe not as a person. (Also did anyone else see her teeth? What if she was a vampire and "liked protag's scent" because of that?)

Of course this might not happen but it seems like most of these women noticed the big lesbian energy and used that to get what they wanted out of her.

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

I'm glad they've kinda made up some, although watching Tanaka literally retch at the plot twice was hard to read

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Okay I gotta wonder, what part of growing up is suffocating? Is she only consenting to sex because she feels like she has to? I’m confused and worried

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Wait how did this other person know what they said that night? ....Were their conversations being recorded?

That's creepy.

I think it was a 4th wall break gag? Maybe

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

You-chan cried this time huh, what a reversal

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Uh ohhhhh, ponko got factory reset…

I’m curious though if we’ll get any more info about her past through this, either through her “blank slate” talking about how she’s secretly a war robot or whatever, or if they reset her to the time she spent working as a nurse with the deceased wife… there’s a lot that could happen here

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Crazy that we got two different yuri harem series in one day. I think this one is a lot more fun though, since its all college age women or older, we can just revel in the self indulgence without having to think about ages and stuff (looking at you, 12 year old princess knight)

I think if there’s any series that deserves a poly/harem end it’s gotta be this one. This protagonist has all the chaotic horny energy of Arisa with none of the monogamous attraction and I’m so here for it.

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

I can already see the princess saying she’s not in love and just feels normal about the prince

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

i liked how the Prince even managed to charm her male classmates. Usually when there’s a female “school prince” type character it’s an all-girls school, so having one at a coed school is kinda novel. I’m interested to see where this goes.

Lowkey that was my favorite part of this chapter. Seeing the boys get all blushy from how handsome the prince is was a lot of fun, and now I kinda wanna see a story that basically transplants a stereotypical yuri prince girl into a regular coed school but her raw charisma is still enough to make all the students swoon regardless

Cornonthekopp
VAMPEERZ discussion 21 Sep 00:05
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

I am once again asking for a full length GL historical drama about persian lesbians (bonus points for vampires)

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Minister best grill!!!

As soon as I read the first chapter I was like “the minister is probably the secret option huh”

last edited at Sep 20, 2021 11:57PM

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

I almost cried at page 20 when Umi had the presence of mind to comfort her and say, "Sorry to make you wait like that." There's such conscientiousness from both of them, so many of their interactions feel so tender and wholesome. And I love love love the consistent artistic choice to simply show interactions like this without any particular exposition or dialogue. Really drives home the genuine care they have for each other.

You put into words what I was thinking exactly. This entiee chapter is chock full of moments of casual intimacy between the two of them, without the stereotypical shoujo inner monologue. There wasn't some big "oh should i grab her hand or should I not" or "oh i feel alone, Umi really is in a different world from me" moment but I feel like the fact that they didn't overemphasize those moments made the whole chapter feel so much more grounded and real in a way a lot of manga struggle to achieve.

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

So this is basically Bloom into you, but if Touko was kind of an idiot and Yuu had an even more sarcastic personality :P . Hey, I'm on board !

I was literally thinking that too. The senpai is just like Touko, but from more of a comedy angle than a drama angle. It seems like it’s gonna be a blast

Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

Well that was an awfully casual almost rape scene huh

Cornonthekopp
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020

uh oh

Cornonthekopp
Image Comments 18 Sep 03:22
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020
Liella3way

As far as I’m concerned Keke is the protagonist of this series

Cornonthekopp
Image Comments 18 Sep 03:19
Image0
joined Jul 6, 2020
E_arkafveaobcu2-orig

Kanon's face is like "how did this happen?!"

Keke: this child is a manifestation of my love for Kanon, and my love for School Idols!