Forum › Take Responsibility For My Stomach! discussion

joined Mar 15, 2015

I assume that it's the last chapter, since Ritsu accomplished her goal(for the moment) and because of the timeskip to a year later, but I don't see any sort of "Fin" or "The End" that I can tell. I'd like some official confirmation on whether the series is over.

Out of curiosity, is Ritsu the protagonist's full first name, or is it short for Ritsuka? If it's the latter, then that might explain why people call her "Zuka-chan."

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I assume that it's the last chapter, since Ritsu accomplished her goal(for the moment) and because of the timeskip to a year later, but I don't see any sort of "Fin" or "The End" that I can tell. I'd like some official confirmation on whether the series is over.

Out of curiosity, is Ritsu the protagonist's full first name, or is it short for Ritsuka? If it's the latter, then that might explain why people call her "Zuka-chan."

I think it's bc of her last name. Tsukada > Tsuka > Zuka

also, according to this tweet, this is indeed the final chapter (of the "main story" if twitter autotranslate can be trusted)
https://twitter.com/ComicNewtype/status/1552852709467881474

last edited at Jul 30, 2022 5:44PM

joined Mar 15, 2015

I think it's bc of her last name. Tsukada > Tsuka > Zuka

also, according to this tweet, this is indeed the final chapter (of the "main story" if twitter autotranslate can be trusted)
https://twitter.com/ComicNewtype/status/1552852709467881474

Thanks for explaining. I had a suspicion that her last name played some part in inspiring her nickname, but wanted to be sure. The other "Zuka-chan" I'm familiar with is Shirobako's Shizuka Sakaki- "Zuka-chan" to her yearmates Aoi "Oi-chan" Miyamori and Ema Yasuhara(no nickname), and "Zuka-chan-sempai" to her kohais Misa "Mii-chan" Toudou and Midori "Ri-chan" Imai.

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

what a shame they didn't explicitly end up together in the end

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Man I was so confused by this chapter I thought it was a flashback for ages.

Overall, good series, obviously I’m upset we got no payoff but it’s on me for clicking a Subtext series :P

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I take solace in the fact that it's labeled as yuri on the raw page, that's good enough for me. Them's gay

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

This felt like a strange chapter...just a "well all that effort for nothing, and now everyone is gaining weight lol". I don't know what to think...I still love the art and character designs at least haha

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

I feel like the subtext was thick enough to accept that they're a couple that just isn't into public displays of affection.

This felt like a strange chapter...just a "well all that effort for nothing, and now everyone is gaining weight lol". I don't know what to think...I still love the art and character designs at least haha

My guess is the author didn't want to portray weight loss as a necessary thing for one's self esteem, so they tried have their cake and eat it too and played it off for laughs. A bit clumsy maybe, but I honestly like it better than a lot of those shoujos where the protagonist "becomes beautiful," and then everything is great for them.

Polish_20220813_091412010%20(2)%20(1)
joined Oct 17, 2021

Ruka said she'd be more pleasant to hug when she's chubby, means that Ruka "hugs" Ritsu on daily basis.

Ritsu awoken her lesbanon chakra at the gayheadpat incident which ultimately leads her to accept her build for Ruka's BBW fetish.

I would go full conspiracy theorist to prove that these bitches, are undeniably, unironically, systematically, gay.

Soramori_takebe_0_lowres
joined Dec 4, 2020

and thus was the work done in vain

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

My guess is the author didn't want to portray weight loss as a necessary thing for one's self esteem, so they tried have their cake and eat it too and played it off for laughs. A bit clumsy maybe, but I honestly like it better than a lot of those shoujos where the protagonist "becomes beautiful," and then everything is great for them.

I thinks it makes sense, the only reason she started dieting is cuz she wanted to impress her old classmates, it's clear through the story that Ritsu doesn't enjoy her new lifestyle and is more confortable being chubby.
And when her old classmates enrolled on the same college and they started spending a Lot of time together, probably was easier for Ritsu be herself around them

joined Sep 7, 2021

I enjoyed this tbh, I hope to see more from this author.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I hope if the author makes extras, they show their relationship being more explicit

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

OH MY GOD I was NOT ready for the vol 1 Bonus, it's soooooooooo hot!
This level of roommateism is quite high, damn I'm going to miss them
How IS THAT A PUNISHMENT?!

Vol 2 bonus: They got even fatter
I hope the author draws that.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I ended up giving this a miss after the first few chapters. Like, it was a food yuri, and to enjoy that I would need either some yuri or I'd need to enjoy the food, and I really didn't see eye to eye with the author's taste in food.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

nice, a happy ending^^ bit too much alc for my taste, but still fun.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

There is literally no heterosexual explanation for that scene in the bath.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

There is literally no heterosexual explanation for that scene in the bath.

Indeed, you can't possibly convince me it's not yuri after these two pages.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Since this manga soon will be forgotten, they should at last tap each other

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

two bros chilling in a hot tub, 5 feet apart cuz they´re not gay

To reply you must either login or sign up.