Forum › Take Responsibility For My Stomach! discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I can't tell if that bit at the end was romantic confession, or are my yuri goggles making me read too much into it.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Diets are usually a trap since even when they work, you're just gonna gain the weight back if you don't change the rest of your lifestyle to keep your weight where it is afterwards. Diets are designed to make you lose weight, not maintain it; if you stay indefinitely on a diet which works then you'll just slowly kill yourself.

unless you´re a boxer triying to go down 2 weight classes i highly doubt a diet will kill you ,besides you don´t have to eat a plate of salad every day you can start by changing small things like eat less fast food, exercise on a daily basis, etc the idea that you can´t change your weight permanetly is dumb and unfounded

^ Agreed. And I’m currently dieting. Just working out a bit more than usual, watching calories and eating foods in high protein and less carbs. Usually works for me, but we all have diff metabolisms so it really varies but I doubt it’s going to kill you.

last edited at Aug 6, 2021 1:39PM by

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

unless you´re a boxer triying to go down 2 weight classes i highly doubt a diet will kill you ,besides you don´t have to eat a plate of salad every day you can start by changing small things like eat less fast food, exercise on a daily basis, etc the idea that you can´t change your weight permanetly is dumb and unfounded

First of all, I never said that dieting will kill you, I said that if you're always on a diet that actually works, you will continually lose weight until you become anemic and underweight. "Dieting" means managing your food intake in such a way that you lose weight, you're supposed to stop dieting after hitting your goal weight and instead switch to a life-and food style that keeps you at that weight without gaining or losing weight in general.

No one has claimed it's impossible to change your weight, the issue raised was that diets are usually bullshit because they try to sell you the idea that "just do this for a few weeks and you're done" when in reality, you then have to also change your entire lifestyle permanently to one that can maintain you at that weight. Going back to what you were doing before dieting will just get you overweight and in need of dieting all over again, which conveniently means you're back to giving money to the people trying to sell you dieting bogus.

A lot of dieting manga have this flaw, where they will introduce a diet that works for the character but then once they hit their weight goal they just stop and go back to the same behaviour as before, only conveniently they don't gain the weight back because fiction doesn't have to follow rules. Not saying all dieting manga do it, just that it's usually a good sign that the author is writing about something they probably don't really know much about.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

First of all, I never said that dieting will kill you, I said that if you're always on a diet that actually works, you will continually lose weight until you become anemic and underweight. "Dieting" means managing your food intake in such a way that you lose weight, you're supposed to stop dieting after hitting your goal weight and instead switch to a life-and food style that keeps you at that weight without gaining or losing weight in general.

No one has claimed it's impossible to change your weight, the issue raised was that diets are usually bullshit because they try to sell you the idea that "just do this for a few weeks and you're done" when in reality, you then have to also change your entire lifestyle permanently to one that can maintain you at that weight. Going back to what you were doing before dieting will just get you overweight and in need of dieting all over again, which conveniently means you're back to giving money to the people trying to sell you dieting bogus.

you seem to have the wrong idea about diets ,if you´re talking about diets from magazines and shitty internet articles you´re probably right but If you go to nutritionist or a doctor they will tell you that diets usually involve eating heathier and at proper times not eating less

A lot of dieting manga have this flaw, where they will introduce a diet that works for the character but then once they hit their weight goal they just stop and go back to the same behaviour as before, only conveniently they don't gain the weight back because fiction doesn't have to follow rules. Not saying all dieting manga do it, just that it's usually a good sign that the author is writing about something they probably don't really know much about.

well to be fair most of the times when characters gain weight is because they started overeating and/or having an unhealthy life style and when they get back to their original weight is implied that they also went back to a somewhat healthy life style

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I'm definitely going to be trying some of the recipes.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

That scene with the fried food
Get yourself some better friends, man

Transcendent Egg
Home
joined Sep 27, 2018

A daily intake of 1200 kCals??? Isn't the recommended daily intake for an adult woman like 2000 kCal? 1200 would be enough for like a 12-year old

Starving yourself isn't a healthy way to be (and isn't the best way to sustainably lose weight, either, since it can fuck up your metabolism)

last edited at Aug 29, 2021 11:58PM

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

At least her chubby design is super cute and can be used to inspire new works.

(Everyone should strive for health, yada yada, but people gotta live their lives and be happy as well. No point in being miserable for the benefit of others when it comes to your appearance.)

joined May 8, 2011

A daily intake of 1200 kCals??? Isn't the recommended daily intake for an adult woman like 2000 kCal? 1200 would be enough for like a 12-year old

Starving yourself isn't a healthy way to be (and isn't the best way to sustainably lose weight, either, since it can fuck up your metabolism)

Cutting calories doesn't mean starving yourself. It's that you would hopefully eat a balanced diet of fewer calories in general since the best way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories in general. Especially if you're eating fewer low nutrient high calorie foods and more high nutrient low calorie foods.

joined Mar 26, 2021

Well, now im hungry... ugh. I think i'll keep reading this just for food and recipe of it

joined Sep 6, 2020

Frist things first, her "friends" are pieces of shit for not supporting her and subhumans for mocking her, she should start by losing them before the flabby tummy.

I agree with most of the things said here but I'll add my two cents anyway.
-Refined sugar is the devil and should be avoided like the plague, that includes soft drinks and juices. Designate a day a week where you can eat a sweet (ice cream, chocolate, cookies). Once you go trough the withdrawal symptoms you are good to go.
-No alcohol, alcohol and sugar go hand in hand and have the same effects on the liver.
-Intermittent fasting, look up Dr. Fung.
-Diet breaks. Long story short, diet at deficit for 2/3 weeks and go back at maintenance for 2/1 weeks, repeat for 5/3
months and go back at maintenance for a month. This helps prevent plateaus and the slowing down of the metabolism.
-Keep an active life style even if you don't enjoy exercising. Go out for a walk, find a friend to play some sports with, find an hobby that isn't just binge watching tv or YouTube for hours on end
-Be severe but not harsh with yourself, learn to love and listen to your body, take your time because you're in for the long run. Remember that everyone is different, you need to experiment and find out what works well for you.
-DON'T GIVE MILK TO CATS this one has nothing to do with dieting but people should know.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

"It's like someone is eating fried foods right next to my ear."

taiyou_scandalous
Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-t7xta6axzfsg
joined Jul 20, 2014

thanks

i hate it

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I am not sure about this one...will keep reading. Her friends...she might need to lose something else besides the extra fat.

Eozyobwvgaa3f5r
joined Feb 10, 2019

whenever i see the chubby tag i get 3x stronger

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Like a few other people have been saying, sugars and saturated fats are the most dangerous things. I think the best part of this series is that it doesn’t just do the whole “eat a fistful of salad as a healthy option” thing and calls it out for being unfun and dangerous.

It’s healthy to eat a diet with lots of fat as long as it’s unsaturated imo. Whole milk, nuts, some meat and fish are all foods that are high in fat but still healthy. The truth is that people have different metabolisms, so even if she is cutting out sugars and oily fried foods and stuff she might still not actually lose that much weight.

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

The first chapter already established that her BMR+exercise is 1800 kCals per day. Removing 600 kCal is like skipping one out of three meals a day, and I know multiple people who skip breakfast every day and are just fine.

Certainly way healthier than some dieting plans I've seen people do, including one local guy who took up smoking as an appetite suppressant.

Frist things first, her "friends" are pieces of shit for not supporting her and subhumans for mocking her, she should start by losing them before the flabby tummy.

I agree. That's a horrible thing to do to someone who is on a diet. Not cute or funny at all.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

i CAN'T GET NO, I CAN'T GET NO

CAUSE I TRY, AND I TRY, AND I TRY

Also, I dunno with such great reactions from Ritsu I would be real tempted to tease her as well

joined Oct 22, 2020

Diets are usually a trap since even when they work, you're just gonna gain the weight back if you don't change the rest of your lifestyle to keep your weight where it is afterwards. Diets are designed to make you lose weight, not maintain it; if you stay indefinitely on a diet which works then you'll just slowly kill yourself.

Don't take health advice from Japan, folks xD

They have one of the longest average lifespans of any country. They must be doing something right.

Years ago people were into the Mediterranean diet for the same reason (and that diet is full of fatty oils, btw), people on Crete had crazy long lifespans and it was assumed to be diet related. We now know that past around 85-90, lifespan is genetic and has little to do with lifestyle. Hence stories of 100+ people talking about attributing their long life to unhealthy things as often as healthy stuff. Island genetic isolation has more to do with the Japanese lifespan than anything else

joined Jun 25, 2021

We now know that past around 85-90, lifespan is genetic and has little to do with lifestyle. Hence stories of 100+ people talking about attributing their long life to unhealthy things as often as healthy stuff.

yeah, like that man who lived to 112 and had whiskey and cigars every day

joined Mar 28, 2021

I will admit that her target weight of 40kg seems a little low.

depends on her height but it isn’t odd to want to be that weight

joined May 3, 2014

so this AIN’T YURI??? I need an 100% confirmation not some worthles subtext :/

joined Sep 7, 2021

I'll save this to a list and binge read it at a later date. Ch1 looks promising.

joined Jun 6, 2021

The word is “sep*a*rate”, not “sep*e*rate”. Although it's not related to “*par*t”, it is still mnemonically useful to think of “se*par*ate” as if that were the “par” in “part”.

And remember, kids: You won't learn proper English in AOL chatrooms.

To reply you must either login or sign up.