Forum › Posts by fauce

fauce
School Zone discussion 21 Dec 06:00
joined Aug 21, 2017

the fact that Yatsude opened her eyes when asking that, sht's back to being serious :>

the entire sequence was like Yatsude was awakening to the truth

joined Aug 21, 2017

Holy shit. Not unexpected, but still. Damn.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Funny Wanko poses this chapter (ch45).
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_two_of_them_are_pretty_much_like_this_ch45#1
Bottom left. GLORIOUS
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_two_of_them_are_pretty_much_like_this_ch45#2
Bottom right. Reminds me of a video game grunt.

joined Aug 21, 2017

-WAIT!- If the arrows mean what Mei thinks it means, does that mean in chapter 1's first page, her dad only loves her mom superficially however her mom loves her dad more deeply intimate?

Good catch! Straight-tipped, solid color arrows seem to be more superficial, while transparent spade-tipped arrows seem to be deeper.
BUT we've also seen transparent straight arrows:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/if_you_could_see_love_ch01#3

and solid spade arrows:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/if_you_could_see_love_ch01#6

So there's another dynamic at play too. Maybe intensity? As in, the more solid the color, the more intense the love, while straight vs spade dictates superficial vs deep love. But size also seems to dictate intensity, so does color do the same, or something different?
If there's a logically consistent "love arrow system", kudos to the author for attention to detail.

DEEPEST LORE

last edited at Dec 12, 2020 5:24AM

fauce
Oddman 11 discussion 07 Dec 02:31
joined Aug 21, 2017

But this can't be the end. There are lots of things without answer. Who is the other oddman? And the love part? This can't end like this.

First time reading something by Dowman Sayman?

CLASSIC Dowman Sayman move

joined Aug 21, 2017

bruh moment

joined Aug 21, 2017

Magical Zoom

fauce
SHY discussion 30 Nov 02:11
joined Aug 21, 2017

Ai Mai... Mii?

Mii Channel Theme intensifies

last edited at Nov 30, 2020 2:14AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

I feel like there is a fair amount of deeper meanings in this manga that are just flying over my head.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Between this and "We are Magical Boys", something about twisting the Magical Girl formula a little is pretty entertaining.

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

It's quite novel to have such a manga also focus on the dirty dealings of the corporate world. I feel like I'm watching a television drama and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Today I learned other countries have their own bread customs

joined Aug 21, 2017

That's rough buddy

Also, I thought the girl who got picked up was from another manga and felt a little confused until I realized that it was just Elly and Wako's lives intersecting.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Now we have a werewolf... which kind of implies there are probably other werewolves out there. Deepest lore.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Anyone who understands what the fuck is going on in this chapter please let us know.

Basically a lot of anime host radio shows to promote them, which often feature the cast, sometimes acting in character. One of the notable examples is the Hidamari Sketch radio show, which sparked the whole Terry Asumi meme. As for this chapter in particular, Kyouko seems to be trying to do her job properly while Mirei is messing with her (that, or they're both intentionally putting the yuri business into practise), while Wanko is being Wanko, flubbing up as per usual but getting her act together at the end.

But what are those sounds they keep making?

Blowing air into someone's ear (I think) is apparently erotic.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Cool, progress

joined Aug 21, 2017

dude... spam is so good for a hard salt kick. Breakfast, hotpot... if you want some meaty salt to flavor your food, spam is a nice guilty pleasure.

joined Aug 21, 2017

BRUH

B R U H

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

Glad to see this got updated

last edited at Nov 13, 2020 1:59AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

Accurate depiction of internet degeneracy

last edited at Nov 11, 2020 1:48AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

I like this! It has interesting characters and a relatively interesting setting.

fauce
Weird Love discussion 07 Nov 02:42
joined Aug 21, 2017

bruh moment

fauce
SHY discussion 03 Nov 02:11
joined Aug 21, 2017

What is it with anime villains and the Hobbesean ideal of our state of nature? I mean, it's like every other bad guy in action anime is motivated by nothing more than "true nature of man is evil, and so society is just a thin layer over it, so let's strip it away with magic and turn everyone evil", completely oblivious to the fact that antisocial behavior only emerges when it is imposed upon from above. I mean, it's a good Aesop, but it's also kind of a "Baby's First Villain Motivation" here -- when you cannot come up with an interesting villain, make them spout Hobbes instead. :-\

Funnily enough the claim that antisocial behavior only comes from above is kind of on the opposite side of the spectrum to Hobbes. Antisocial behavior doesn't only emerge from above. Societal pressures and other negative factors certainly play a large, even majority, role in producing antisocial behaviors but there a non-negligible proportion of the population is born with some sort of (probably genetic) antisocial personality disorder.

For an example, see the YouTube video called Interview with a Sociopath by Special Books by Special Kids. There might be a better example elsewhere, this is just the one that came to mind.

fauce
Mirage discussion 02 Nov 02:15
joined Aug 21, 2017

The portrayal of kids being terrible and the general gas-lighting, in the beginning, was pretty good, but the ending felt too abrupt. She decided not to accept their halfhearted apology and she got over her infatuation with the one girl, but that felt like it was only the start of conclusion, not the end. It's not like she doesn't have to deal with them any more and she hasn't gained any actual friends or really found a way to deal with her loneliness.

Ultimately, I would have liked at least one more chapter, so we could have gotten a bit more of her character arc, or at least some idea of how everyone else reacted to her rejection.

I think the point was that we can take a pretty accurate educated guess. The rest of her time at the school was probably rough and lonely, some more bullying because she decided to go against the grain and stand up for her self. The story jumped forward to say, well she made it through the shitty times and found happiness afterwards. I think the author maybe didn't want to dwell on the bad times even more, instead they wanted to say, hey growing up can be pretty rough and lonely, but you'll get through those times.

Yeah, I thought it was more about "getting over your first love" than everything that comes after it.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I liked this, I hope it gets a sequel.