Forum › Posts by FluffyCow

FluffyCow
Image Comments 19 Sep 16:02
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017
Sick_by_samanthadoodles_dd52qkv-fullview

What Aquwin said. People like Bruce Timm have been drawing ship "fanart" of them since forever ago, and them being coupley is definitely not anything new, just something DC danced around confirming for a really long time. Luckily the times are at least a bit more accepting so they finally confirmed it a couple years ago.

last edited at Sep 19, 2020 5:05PM

FluffyCow
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I see the comment section is a mess like usual, and people that have problems with prostitution still aren't avoiding works in this short story collection, and the prostitution tag. So another typical day on Dynasty, or maybe I should say the internet since people constantly refuse to skip/avoid things that they hate, and instead choose to complain that they exist.

FluffyCow
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Hope someone does the sequel

We will be translating the sequel, maybe I should've specified that in my first post. It should be out sometimes next week.

Awesome, thank you!

FluffyCow
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Simply amazing. Thanks for this!

Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Not really buying it, Sango's weird. Would this count as prostitution or pay for gay?

She's primarily hired as a maid, and in the story both characters are said to love each other, with no implication to imply otherwise. So I don't think this qualifies for prostitution or gay for pay, regardless of if you personally buy it or not. Plus EVERYBODY is weird, that goes for me, you, and everyone here. We all just have to find someone out there that matches our "weird", and in the case of this story both characters (and the author obviously) love their breast play/fetishism.

last edited at Aug 20, 2020 3:52AM

Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

This was super wholesome. The rich girl has some problems, but her girlfriend will help her smooth them out. Plus the rich girl communicated and apologized at the end, which I think shows that they do genuinely care about each other.

last edited at Aug 20, 2020 1:27AM

FluffyCow
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Just saying, I don't recall anyone ever complaining when a guy was introduced in Girl Friends ¯_(ツ)_/¯

To be fair, it doesn't seem that the complaint is necessarily that a guy is introduced. It's that he seems more like a plot device than an actual character. There are ways it could be interesting, but yuri manga is filled with terrible male characters that only exist to make the choice between them and the female love interest really easy. It's too early to tell if it would end up like that though, and I feel like the author deserves the confidence they can do something interesting with it based on past work.

The big thing is that Girlfriends wasn't extremely angst and melodrama driven. It had some drama, as romance stories normally do, but nothing on this level. The boyfriend in Girlfriends was a short and temporary period of the characters figuring themselves out, sorting out their heads. Which is entirely fair in my opinion, and Girlfriends was fine with the male character. The problem with Useless Princess is that it's constantly trying to drum up excessive melodrama and jealousy, for what really feels like no good reason and it's exhausting.

FluffyCow
Image Comments 08 Aug 06:09
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017
Ezu9oucueaa4mg3-orig

@You cant hear image they say: Maybe I'm stating the obvious or something you already know, but if you're talking about the very original Fate Arthur, the prototype design, he's an entirely different character. Or maybe you're talking about the myths & stories of king Arthur that all of this is based on. Either way, Artoria herself wasn't originally a man within the context of her character and the story. She looks good in suits I think in part because she's got handsome qualities to her. Some of her handsomeness might stem from her having to assume the role of a male figure to be the king. For this she has to pass as a man so people don't find out that the king is a woman, and the king is a "man" with charisma.

Edit: Also I mean a lot of women just look great in suits, at least I think so anyways haha

last edited at Aug 8, 2020 6:35AM

FluffyCow
Image Comments 05 Aug 15:52
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017
61602817_p2

@SushiKnight Sweet, thanks! I'll keep that in mind going forward, sorry about that.

FluffyCow
Image Comments 05 Aug 04:43
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017
61602817_p2

Spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the series - @TctyaDDK I don't know if in the series it really counts as...age gap? Since it's weird. Papika got reset and turned into a baby, the same age as Cocona. So she lived life once to adulthood, but then she was basically reborn and is the same age as Cocona in her "new life". I think it's tricky to say if there's an actual age gap between them in the anime. In this art sure, since this is obviously adult Papika.

last edited at Aug 5, 2020 3:51PM

FluffyCow
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Here I am wondering if nobody here read Kodomo no Jikan or Chu-bra!! where certain characters' precocious physical developement fueled entire character arcs - and neither of those series is exactly recent.

Oh yeah those as well. They slipped my mind unfortunately, but it's late.

FluffyCow
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

This would've been way more believable in a more fantastic setting, like Azuki and Coconut from Nekopara, you can believe it because they're different breeds of catgirls that develop differently from humans. It feels way too forced when there isn't an element to make it believable.

Fiction logic makes almost anything believable to me. I've seen far weirder things than this in mundane day to day life fiction in both Western and Japanese entertainment. I again don't know how this one-shot is breaking people's minds.

Edit: Main thing when reading fiction is that I never expect it to be bound by the rules of my own reality. Maybe life in this fictional world that the author is writing about is different than my own, after all why not? It's entirely born from the imagination of the author.

last edited at Aug 4, 2020 6:22AM

FluffyCow
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Nobody is mentioning "Recorder and Randsell", I'm disappointed. This isn't anything new so I don't understand why some people are freaking out in these comments. That series had an anime back in 2012. Basically it's about an elementary school student that looks like an adult man, and he's constantly getting into situations where the police are almost arresting him.

Also JoJo has some super manly teenagers.

I'd like to think I have a high suspension for disbelief when it comes to manga, but you can't just draw an adult, throw a backpack on them and say, elementary schooler.

"Hold my sake"
- manga authors, probably

This. Plus it's fiction, the author can literally do anything. The author's imagination is the only limitation of writing fiction.

FluffyCow
Image Comments 01 Aug 01:15
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017
Edl4tfqu4amtymt-orig

I definitely don't think it was axed. Not every series has to be long, the series in my opinion was well paced and ended in a natural way. Nothing to me felt rushed or cut short. A lot of people just assume when a series ends that it was axed, which is something I never understand. Plus romance stories especially can easily tell a whole story within 20-40 chapters or less. With that said I'm very much looking forward to what this author does next.

last edited at Aug 1, 2020 1:16AM

FluffyCow
Image Comments 26 Jul 06:07
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017
82106665_p2

@ChippedIce They're likely DJ'ing in a packed club. Those places can get pretty hot with all the people and motion.

last edited at Jul 26, 2020 6:07AM

Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

My theory is that the girl is a succubus, and that's why her wish can't be seen. Also so far this is a fun raunchy comedy romp imo.

FluffyCow
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Although the translation is woefully bland, the art and the emotions it conveys are fantastic.

The original script is just as plain, sadly. Personally, I like it that way, but I understand if it's not your cup of tea.

I also prefer it this way. I wouldn't call it bland myself, more just simple and to the point. It's supposed to be very relaxed and "mundane", an almost surreal and slightly melancholic story. Part of it's elegance is in the simplicity of it's script, while the art conveys the majority of the emotions and tone.

Also thank you for the upload!

last edited at Jul 19, 2020 3:56AM

FluffyCow
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

In my opinion, this is at the very least a more tolerable read than "Run Away With Me, Girl", and the husband in this is less of a hack cartoon villain than the husband in that series.

FluffyCow
Image Comments 18 Jul 15:13
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017
Ecqg488uwaaenwp-orig

@Bugpope Ah right. I don't know enough about blindness, but would a blind person's eyes move towards the location a sound is coming from? Even if they're not seeing anything. Lucifer opening the door and being surprised would direct Justice's attention in that direction. If that's not the case, maybe it's simply something the artist thought worked like that. Either way it's not the end of the world imo.

last edited at Jul 18, 2020 3:14PM

FluffyCow
Image Comments 18 Jul 08:41
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017
Ecqg488uwaaenwp-orig

@Bugpope Lucifer walked in on them and they're looking at her. That's why Lucifer is in the little bubble in the top left, and it's why she looks so surprised. Honestly she should should join in on the fun.

Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Here's hoping this scuffle brings Tadokoro back to the light side (so to speak) in drawing hardboiled manga.

I realized when reading the newest chapter that this is likely the EXACT reason for this whole set up. She's going to see her girlfriend act like a badass, get inspired and make a new hard boiled manga. Her new series will be a hit, and it'll prove the stupid editor wrong. I'm 100% calling it, this event isn't just a "random occurrence" like some are claiming. It's entirely set up for manga inspiration. Still I hate the attempted rape, and I wish the author could have found another method for hard boiled inspiration.

last edited at Jul 15, 2020 5:04AM

FluffyCow
Image Comments 03 Jul 22:15
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017
Elczkipueaavxma-orig

@juanelric I think Aoki's art is great, but I also love Ningiyau's art style for the manga, so I'd definitely recommend the series if you like comedies and if you haven't read it already.

last edited at Jul 3, 2020 10:16PM

FluffyCow
School Zone discussion 03 Jul 22:09
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

While I'm enjoying this very much, remember to take your well deserved breaks, the amount you've released in such short amount of time is pretty incredible!

Thank you. Some chapters need a lot of redrawing, others almost none, but I think within a volume one chapter a day is very manageable. There might be pauses between the volumes though.

Thank you for all your hard work, this series is very cute and hilarious!

FluffyCow
Image Comments 27 Jun 02:52
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017
75141139_p0

^^^ Well I think she was in charge because she was trying to do something good, and make progress towards the goal of finding the cure to the infection/illness correct? Or am I wrong? I don't think Silence realized just what the end goals of her company were. Also I don't think it's creepy so much? When Silence takes responsibility and feels bad for what happened to Ifrit, and is trying her best to help her. Similar to Saria also having guilt in that regard. I don't think it would be better for them to run away from Ifrit, when they have tools and knowledge to help her, especially when they're responsible in some way.

last edited at Jun 27, 2020 2:54AM

FluffyCow
Image Comments 27 Jun 02:24
Cow%202
joined Sep 27, 2017
75141139_p0

Yeah I think "myrrhmidon" is just saying that the core Rhine Lab characters in game working for Rhode Island are lovable. Which as "Shira" is saying these characters aren't the higher-ups that made a mess of things. Personally I think this ship is fantastic. Silence from my understanding wanted to help people, and try to be a force of good in the company, but things unfortunately went poorly.