Forum › Posts by Serenata

Serenata
Genshin Impact! 30 Nov 08:37
Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

Not to mention the official illustrations that comes with it! for this event I'll wait until everything is available to speedrun the thing, and have the store reset and the abyss reset and try a 10 pull or maybe a bit more. I don't think I'm strong enough to wait for Shenhe to come to keep rolling haha, plus Eula's cons are all great, but I can at least save during Itto's banner.

Serenata
Anime season 29 Nov 19:43
Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh yes! AKEBI CHAN IS SOOOOO GOOD!!! well, at least the manga is, if they make a good adaptation we'll have one of the bests animes with subtext ever created ... But the latest chapters of the manga have been dangerously close to yuri, and not just one character but 3

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

I was too curious so I looked up the Japanese dub for Shrek and they call him Kaibutsu lo/ not ogre or Oni, but something more akin to monster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o1HDZSnCcA I think the word Ogre in Japanese would not work, like Oguru or Oguretto? it was an interesting culture talk I think, aaaand that's all I'm going to say about the topic haha

Serenata
Saki discussion 27 Nov 20:44
Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

Clearly they have to offer their underwear to some deity to gain super powers in this world.

Serenata
Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

Onibi's evolution is amazing, from the nerd otaku stereotype to a genius passionate artist who is secretly really handsome!

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

Aahhh this poor angel is gonna break my heart! Good luck!

Lol the title is really fun, at the last page I read it as "Blue skin, big tits; To be continued........... AND A FUCKING LONER" sometimes I remember it as Blue skin and fucking big tits

last edited at Nov 26, 2021 9:48PM

Serenata
Image Comments 26 Nov 21:35
Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013
Ffdk8xwvkaav1yd-orig

Hololive has all kinds of ship's dynamics and this is one of my favorites!

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hmmmm it is probably a lot to do with the last part, some people might be thinking "It's all gonna be worth it when the character I like "Wins" at the end or is proven right" and then cling to that hope to the very end... Not sure how enjoyable that would be, in my experience, when a story is turning bad or weird I just walk away and wait for the end, like right now with Whispering you a love song, I just can't enjoy it, despite how sweet it was before, and I learned my lesson with other mangas.

last edited at Nov 26, 2021 2:37PM

Serenata
Saki discussion 26 Nov 14:04
Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh My GOOOOOOOOOD there were several chapters where I said "Lol Ritz doesn't care to hide it anymore XD" but this time... is like, there was no doubt in her heart anymore, she went all out and poured her soul into these angle- ...chapter. Ah! the game? yeah that's gonna be interesting too.

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

You're pretty free to support whoever you want of course, that's normal, but man this series had a particularly big amount of people who hated the main characters and still decided to read it to the very end, I wouldn't be able to do that lo/ it's like listening a whole album of a band I hate just because the occasional pianist that shows up sometimes makes good tunes.

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

La+'s debut was great! she is so composed for someone with 165k viewers on her first stream too... She must have experience, but I loved her voice, design and lore haha but we don't know much because she forgot.

We will hear more about it in an hour during her second stream, this was a bold move from hololive no doubt! but it worked

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

Purple Library Guy posted:

Not a fan of Oni being translated as Ogre (personal pet peeve, lol), but otherwise this looks great!

Gotta say I'm with you there. Ogres and Oni are not the same thing. Let me put it this way: If I was reading a Western fantasy book written in English, with a Japanese setting, and it had Oni, they'd call them Oni. I know because I've read several such and that's what they do.
For that matter, I've read at least one manga that did have at least one ogre girl who was in fact a Western ogre (along with an elf girl, an orc girl, a werewolf girl etc) so when I saw "Ogre girl" I was glumly expecting an actual ogre girl.

And it makes me think of Shrek hahaha

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

White Rose posted:

Niiiiiiiice!!! I was waiting excited in MD as soon as I saw the cover but the chapter wasn't uploaded yet, and then I come to MD and BOOOM 2 chapters at the same time! That is amazing! and then one more thing, it's uploaded the same day as we get a Kamiina Botan update! that can't be a coincidence, some spiritual thing is going on here.

I thought the same thing. Must be the universe telling us to get boozed up!

Bring the booze!!! let's wake up the next day with some onee san we don't know XD haha

Also something I noticed, the term pervert probably comes because she called her hentai in Japanese, right? it has a broad meaning there I think, here it comes out too strong imo, because it sounds sexual and she's just happily making a drink.

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

Niiiiiiiice!!! I was waiting excited in MD as soon as I saw the cover but the chapter wasn't uploaded yet, and then I come to Dynasty and BOOOM 2 chapters at the same time! That is amazing! and then one more thing, it's uploaded the same day as we get a Kamiina Botan update! that can't be a coincidence, some spiritual thing is going on here.

They're both pretty interesting characters but... i'm waiting, what's in for Naori? surely a smile can't be all, this isn't water or juice, these drinks can be pretty expensive to make and 3 to 5 a day will make things difficult in the long run! I was expecting the ogre to make a deal.

last edited at Nov 25, 2021 1:47PM

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah, is like "now that we're both not crumbling apart in despair, what are we going to do?" I mean, the pain hasn't faded away, but it's not eating them inside anymore, this will be a peaceful "arc" ? I think, I'm gonna enjoy it because it feels like, the next time things get really serious it will be the last.................. or the author just keeps throwing us slice of life moments for another year xD I don't mind that either.

Serenata
Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm lost at words too, like, we are not sure if some of these characters are ghost or human or mermaids and then this mysterious girl at the bottom of the sea shows up, we don't get much time with her and now there's a new one, and for some reason this crazy girl had venom stuff in her eye so I'm like aaaaaaaalright then. But hey, panty flash! nice

The individual parts are really good, the attention to detail, art (really stylish) ambient and mystery (the translation notes help a lot, for example the different kind of swimming methods) but they're not put together very well. But now that the crazy stuff has been "defeated" and the factions have been introduced, maybe they will give us a breather and some talking next?

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh Thank God! she didn't met the parents now, the hospital bill would kill me if I take too much at once... I just finished reading Ienai himitsu and then this pops up too! Have mercy! lol, yeah this wasn't the big encounter we feared and yet, this chapter is still packed! we extend the A M A Z I N G scene from the store, we get to see some of Misumi's internal struggles, what hurts her and what she wants and the embrace of her lover. That was soooooooo gooooooood.

On top of that, not one but TWO offers for serialization! oh my God! maybe she truly is a Goddess? and what the teacher said is cold but true, it's not a recommended job, after all, you get paid as long as you're serialized so you have to be on top of your game always and fight the tides, it's really stressful ! But isn't that the same for most professional works? is not more or less stressful than working on a big company, as doctor or researcher, is just different, she was actually too hard, asking "Are you making money from it ?" Huuuuuh? do you ask that from all your students ? are they getting paid while going to the University? you're supposed to guide them to their desired path, not tell them what to do, if you want them to take specific choices then don't ask them what they want to do ! JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT WORKS DOESN'T MEAN IT'S BAD!

Baaaaaack to the yuri... we didn't get to see the parent's reaction but judging by Misumi's seemingly relaxed call, it wasn't so bad? but I bet she omitted the most difficult parts.

We're going to really exotic waters mates, tides that even the same age yuri works avoid (not even YagaKimi went there) the parent meeting, whatever happens from this point onward is uncertain, don't lose hope! this ship won't sink!

Serenata
Genshin Impact! 22 Nov 17:37
Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

Shenhe looks reaaaalllyyyyy goood! And yeah, I got Ganyu, Diona, Rosaria, Eula and Ayaka... The last thing I need is another cryo but, welp, I will still try haha.

They'll really make us wait for Yae, huh?

Serenata
Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

Page 14 is like, when the voice is so cute you just go

Critical damage!! LOL and ooooooooh boy she's already imagining the Forbidden Stuff!!! there's no way back now, we're past the wholesome zone, brace yourselves for impact!

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

kenkyokitsune posted:

She's back at her old school just like that? feels like, the whole exile thing was almost meaningless ...but well, I guess I have an idea of how seriously I should approach this, in other words I should sit back and enjoy the yuri haha

No, she's still exiled in the border town. Unfortunately the artist didn't make the uniforms between her old school (in the capital) and the new one different visually.

It's seriously confusing me, I had to come back and read all the super important details in the credit page, like the fact that she enrolled in a new school behind the scenes, that her parents are in one place and she's in another and that the the heroine also transferred to that school in the border town, all behind the scenes from one chapter to the next while keeping the same uniform. Like this comic is complementary to the novel readers.

last edited at Nov 20, 2021 6:12PM

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

She's back at her old school just like that? feels like, the whole exile thing was almost meaningless ...but well, I guess I have an idea of how seriously I should approach this, in other words I should sit back and enjoy the yuri haha

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

The extra strawberry is simply too cute LOL such an abuse of authority!!!

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh yeah I misunderstood the description then, feels like there's a gray zone in between but anyway it's all good

Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

FiddlePop posted:

Is the baby really a Non-science baby? Looks pretty much like a science baby to me

Yeah to be honest I'm pretty confused too... Unless science baby means Sci Fi/futuristic only

Serenata
Anime season 19 Nov 17:39
Nyohohoho
joined Apr 20, 2013

It is pretty much, we're getting subtext here and there but nothing more than that, maid dragon had more yuri with Kanna than the main couple and we'll get pseudo yuris in the next seasons... Plus I'm tired of the idol animes because they're idols, they can't never date. I was going to give Selection project a chance because it looked pretty nice but then I realized it was a reality show and they would be filmed 24/7... I found that super creepy and dropped the anime asap!

And next year only Machikado Mazoku s2 could save the world, but I already know what's gonna happen from the manga... Is yuri anime truly dead now?

By the way this season I'm watching Mug Cup s2, Komi san, Blue Period and yuuki yuuna, these are all good!! I want to wach Mieruko chan too but, because it's really creepy I don't feel like watching it during my breaks to eat or very late at night, I never get the timing so I just watch vtubers Y-Y I also dropped Aquatope because of the bait, I said this before, just waiting to see how it ends first.

The best thing out there right now is Arcane from League of Legends and that's not anime.

PS: GIrl's Frontline and Arknight anime trailer surprised us with female leads, Arknights is 90% confirmed but yeah... there's that for next year

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 5:42PM