Forum › Posts by Serenata

Serenata
Anime season 05 Dec 11:22
Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

I've been following the Blade master so I can shine some light on the plot, this is all basic stuff so I won't spoil anything critical.

The protagonist was a former hero who loved to battle, but because of his rise as a great hero the people turned him into a king and he always regretted how his life turned so boring in a castle.

In her now second life, the starting point is from the moment she's born with the memories of the previous life... By the time she's teenager, I think it's fine to assume the protagonist has no problem being a woman, in fact she's pretty proud of how cute she look and the agility of this body.

Being reborn as a girl doesn't make her preference for woman change but we never see her act like a pervert or anything, she's pretty bashful in fact.

Her only concern is to NOT repeat the same path, she wants to become a knight and battle powerful enemies that's all...while also hidding the secret of the previous life, anything else is very spoilery.

Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

Noctis posted:

ITS BAAAAAAAAAAACK

It bothers me that it appears up there in recently added but in the front page is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way down beneath all the doujins, almost in the second page, I hope fans don't miss it

last edited at Dec 4, 2022 5:52PM

Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

b58 posted:

I find it interesting that the Rei before being reincarnated is implied to be an "empty shell"... it poses a lots of interesting questions, but I don't expect they will get asked, it doesn't seem to be that kind of story at all.

I talked about this before Some of these isekai and otome game stories are very creepy, the previous soul just vanishes? dies? this bit is most likely trying to lessen the impact and morals about it.

SrNevik posted:

That "normal" is bs is what I'm saying, for Manaria, is okay to get away with anything she does, even betting for Claire's company and she was gifted with all the powers to do so, and she won't be questioned at all, because of the settings, Rei is the villain now and no one doubts it, Claire notices something is very wrong but the though of asking Manaria didn't cross her mind, is all on Rei obviously even if they talk about it later in detail, is still really awful to watch... And what's worse, Manaria probably has 0 regrets, in fact I bet she's thinking "she's such a coward, good thing I'm here to help!"

Response:

Remember that the chapter ends before we've had time with Claire and Manaria. It's far too early to comment on how Claire is treating Manaria after hearing what Rei said. All we see is Claire literally crying because Rei left her (on her own, mind you). I think we can't just absolve Rei of responsibility for pushing Claire away here. Manaria can only do so much on her own and this "game" is all in Rei's head. Claire hasn't given any reason to assume she favors Manaria over Claire. That is all in Rei's head and she lashed out at Claire because of it.

If they talk about it, all those sides we didn't see and I'm just jumping to conclusions that's great but if they just skip it and everything just happens behind the scenes in favor of Manaria master plan then that's awful imo... As you said, we can't absolve Rei of her responsibility and bad behavior... But the story is making us understand that for Manaria, that's alright.

These are a lot of black bars so I'll stop for now.

last edited at Dec 4, 2022 4:06PM

Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

Awww that's a sad note to end the chapter, makes you think that it is better if Hinata keeps them after all, because these costumes can be adjusted to a smaller size but hardly for bigger ones, that's just a fact.

I'm hoping she'll find inspiration to make new ones instead of saying something like "I just have to lose a few kilos!" because as we can clearly see, she looks pretty nice already.

Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

The chapter has been in Mangadex for a couple of days New girl makes an appearance, this time a hardcore otaku and I think I know what's her appeal... hair, in many places. And she's clearly underestimating the protagonist lo/

Thank you, Amarrez!

last edited at Dec 4, 2022 12:27PM

Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

SrNevik posted:

Responding to this:

Rei gets heavily hurt, badmouthed, humiliated and throw aside and on top of that Manaria who plotted the whole thing keeps shitting on her but Rei is the one who take all the blame.. Manaria gets away with 0 repercussion and Claire doesn't suspect a thing, they both made a bet but the one to blame is Rei only... This is beyond bullshit, is fucking trash, it takes me out of the immersion completely.

Response:

That's not what happens. How the school views the event is normal. Manaria is popular and Rei is not. That's how things go. As for Claire, she clearly didn't side against Rei. She wanted to talk with Rei and even told Manaria to leave them to speak privately. She asked Rei what had been happening and was concerned for her mental state. Then it was Rei who lashed out and quit. Rei did so out of insecurity of course but I don't see how we can say that Claire did anything odd.

That "normal" is bs is what I'm saying, for Manaria, is okay to get away with anything she does, even betting for Claire's company and she was gifted with all the powers to do so, and she won't be questioned at all, because of the settings, Rei is the villain now and no one doubts it, Claire notices something is very wrong but the though of asking Manaria didn't cross her mind, is all on Rei obviously even if they talk about it later in detail, is still really awful to watch... And what's worse, Manaria probably has 0 regrets, in fact I bet she's thinking "she's such a coward, good thing I'm here to help!"

last edited at Dec 4, 2022 11:56AM

Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

Rei gets heavily hurt, badmouthed, humiliated and throw aside and on top of that Manaria who plotted the whole thing keeps shitting on her but Rei is the one who take all the blame.. Manaria gets away with 0 repercussion and Claire doesn't suspect a thing, they both made a bet but the one to blame is Rei only... This is beyond bullshit, is fucking trash, it takes me out of the immersion completely.

Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

juanelric posted:

So, what is going on with the translation for this? It went on a long break.

There's only one more chapter in RAW so you're not missing much right now, I want to believe sensei is busy adapting a hypothetical season 2 for the anime and that's why there hasn't been updates regularly... but who knows.

Serenata
Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013
Beverlylove-1598163369252753409-img1

I'm weak, if this is what's actually happen I would watch it

Serenata
Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013
Nyangnyang3580-1595751950964109313-img1

I think it's safe to assume marriage

Serenata
Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013
Stmbkna_-1593595580315365376-img1

I think the original scene is from Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Serenata
Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

Woow girl, careful ! with great power comes great responsibility ... With girl's hearts

niewaznekto posted:

meh. This manhwa is still quite a bit above average... but i would say the last 2 chapters represent a drop in quality.

If you claim to have such high standards you could drop it now and save yourself the trouble

last edited at Dec 1, 2022 10:58PM

Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

KingZDj posted:

Just finished watching the anime for the third time. Guess it's finally time to catch up on the manga lmao

I'm sure you'll reach the part where you'll be like me and think "how the animators are going to handle THAT?!" because wheeew, it's gorgeous... Well, assuming a theoretical season 2

Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

they play it waaaaay too safe, it was more like a number trivia and to promote their friends... I guess that's why it wasn't promoted.

Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

Youtube officially started a new program, a podcast for trending stuff and guess what's the first topic? that's right! and you know who they invited for the show? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_igTYoM_VI

I can see 3 scenarios ... A very safe introduction with scripts and all; A very awkward moment if the host has no idea about anime culture (unlikely, this guy is famous for researching) or just meme content,

last edited at Nov 30, 2022 9:38PM

Serenata
Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013
Mikururun-1596724633364885505-img1

Legs for day!
But for real, IRyS 2.0 is GORGEOUS

Serenata
Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

luinthoron posted:

I don't think literally becoming music is such a good idea...

Hmmmm

I knew this world was one step away from chaos, but what now? we're going too deep!

Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm used to the manga's style at this point, lots of "..." and puzzling faces, unsaid words that even the readers don't have access to...

But

this time, it was pretty straightforward, it wasn't subtle and it hurt a bit. Of course, I'm rooting for Botan! but still, a heartbreak is a heartbreak, I don't wish that to anyone.

Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

beeaggro posted:

Also upon rereading, the jokes are somewhat a bit way too dated at this point to probably make a good anime. Also the mangaka basically made a sequel. It's about vtubers now.

Yeah, the ending was very cute and it had some good jokes but the premise only gives you so much to work with unless you reset and repeat...and that's exactly what happened, Shinozaki would learn every time that her friends are nice, can get along with Otakus and that she doesn't have to hide anymore, but she would go back to "ugghh disgusting!" the next chapter.

Now with anime being a worldwide thing, normies getting into it with netflix and whatnot, simulcast... Her behavior would be too on the nose.

Serenata
Genshin Impact! 27 Nov 18:06
Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

Genshin is kind of gentle when it comes to difficulty, they take in consideration people playing on mobile for stuff like that and also don't put primogems locked behind the hardest difficulty, they totally could!

The first events in the game were a different story, most people had like 5 or 8 characters AR 20 to 35 and they throw us in a circle with 5 fatuis or the rolling monster and say "well good luck with that!" it was nerfed after the first week lol

I just finished a quest that takes you to the desert in some ruins, then the giant pyramid and then a third pyramid... it was looooong !! could take you 20 to 30 hours and it gives you a device to interact with hidden rooms in the desert so it's very important sadly there's a racist bigot npc that ruins the mood with any chance he gets so try not to read any of his dialog also I need to lvl up Candance but Farusan uses the exact same mats so idk what to do~

Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

Shipping wars lets GOoooooooooooooo!!! wheeew that was lewd and that DID NOT look like a bellybutton LOL

Also nooooooo please don't mess with Nemo and Matama, they're so precious TAT my babies

Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

There's Also A likes B and B likes A but for some ungodly reason, it's decided that A is the one with the responsibility to confess first.
And the relationship enters and stalemate for months or a year... LoL I swear, if B says "You took too long!" I'm going to go bald

Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

I've have not heard of the Hebrew group but being from South America, I doubt I'm their target audience, who knows ... I checked Lily, the succubus looking loli and she looks great and has a nice energy, but I'm pretty full with content already.

In other news, Hololive has perms to play the Samurai yuri kissing game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDa_yGBRj8E

Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

yuri n wine posted:

coward ass little bitch. It’s hella selfish and fucked up to tell someone who is obviously romantically interested in you “just wait.” nah bitch, grow some ovaries and tell her your feelings

Obviously to the readers only

Kuronie
joined Apr 20, 2013

"Wait a minute... did we... accidentally outed ourselves? I mean... I outed us by jumping the gun?"