Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

It seem like Evie is finally starting to realize she can't run from her feelings anymore. Good!

And the Villainess System popping up now was pretty expected. There was too much set up for it not to appear that the perfect/worst time.

joined Jan 6, 2017

What kind of bookbinding leaves the edges closed? I know Chinese style folds the front edge but that's because only one side of the paper is printed on so it wouldn't need to be cut.

joined May 1, 2015

This cliffhanger.
At the worst possible time.
Damn you villaness system.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

What kind of bookbinding leaves the edges closed? I know Chinese style folds the front edge but that's because only one side of the paper is printed on so it wouldn't need to be cut.

It can happen in old fashioned bookbinding--not the outside edge, I believe, but top or bottom. Not generally all of them, but if the folds weren't quite even, the part in the process where they cut off the top/bottom fold can leave a few.

joined Jun 25, 2021

I never knew, until this chapter, that books are printed on huge sheets that are several to-be-pages at once, and then only after printing are they separated into pages. And apparently they are folded up into pages rather than cut into pages, and only cut after being stacked into a book (or, old style, never cut at all, needing a paper knife)

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

She was so close to accepting her feelings, but then backed down again even after all her earlier thoughts...

And damn, that system just had to pick that time to pop up... Although I guess I did already expect it to after seeing the knife. No way the system could have resisted that.

Oh my god I bet the system commands her to injure Elsa with the knife. So Evie makes a small cut on her finger or something. Then maybe, just maybe.. The finger sucking to heal trope is added in.. Kinky..

joined Aug 29, 2019

Y'know, I really hated how "conveniently inconvenient" events kept interfering in Can't Defy The Lonely Girl, and there's loads of "conveniently inconvenient" occurrences here, not only but often involving the villainess system...
But I don't mind here, it's supposed to mess with the heroine's life, so I can totally excuse it.
Plus the situations that arise from the interference have so far been fun rather than actually disruptive more often than not. I wonder which it'll be this time.

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 8:40AM

M1%20-%20memory%20snow.mkv_snapshot_07.53.879
joined Aug 9, 2021

Things have been to nice lately, throughout this entire chapter I felt like this was coming. And to be honest, I would be disappointed if it didn't.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Oh what now. It better not be something sinister.

joined Mar 14, 2021

She was so close to accepting her feelings, but then backed down again even after all her earlier thoughts...

And damn, that system just had to pick that time to pop up... Although I guess I did already expect it to after seeing the knife. No way the system could have resisted that.

Oh my god I bet the system commands her to injure Elsa with the knife. So Evie makes a small cut on her finger or something. Then maybe, just maybe.. The finger sucking to heal trope is added in.. Kinky..

Yeah I think it's definitely gonna involve the knife

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

Whoever "drew" Yvonnes shirt deserves a smack. I understand being efficient, but you cant possibly just paste over a grid...

ever single one of those lines would take as much time drawing as the line art of the entire pose.

We are talking about at least 30-60 mins of extra work per frame.

A day's or more worth of work, by the actual artist and not their helpers. For something so small and insignificant.
And done wrong it looks far worse then copy pasting a grid

edit: reason of it taking longer: outlining the body/clothes is one thing, but such a small grid requires 3d-drawing, making the manga possibly taking double the amount of time

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 10:19AM

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Welp things are getting along quite nicely... the pop up should ruin things up soon enough...
AND THERE IT IS!!

Also, a knife has been introduced, that can't be good.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Elsa: "Ahem. Evie, I bought you a present! I present to you... CHEKHOV'S KNIFE!"

Me: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOOOOOOOO AAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Villainess System: "Aaaand that's my cue, folks! Pop goes the weasel! Didja miss me?"

Me: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

Is this going to be where she finally gets fed up and just stabs the villainess system?

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Aww, I was hoping we’d actually get to see some of the play, darn.

This story arc (the date to watch the play) is not yet finished in the web novel, so it’s resolution will first be seen in the manhua.

Doesn’t the web novel have over 200 chapters? How could this be the case? Did they shift events around that much?

Yeah I was confused about this as well. I think I've been spoiled on some developments way down the line, so I thought there was a ton more novel content left.

joined Jul 14, 2021

What if villainess system "got mad" and said to kill herself? :V

joined Jan 11, 2014

Whoever "drew" Yvonnes shirt deserves a smack. I understand being efficient, but you cant possibly just paste over a grid...

ever single one of those lines would take as much time drawing as the line art of the entire pose.

We are talking about at least 30-60 mins of extra work per frame.

A day's or more worth of work, by the actual artist and not their helpers. For something so small and insignificant.
And done wrong it looks far worse then copy pasting a grid

edit: reason of it taking longer: outlining the body/clothes is one thing, but such a small grid requires 3d-drawing, making the manga possibly taking double the amount of time

The grid looks good. You forget that real clothes often paste repeating patterns like this. The difference from real life is that the interior contour lines don't follow the form of the body, so it flattens the dimensionality of the body. I've seen this done a lot with skirt patterns, like in Virgin's Empire. The end result is more graphic.

With how clean the art style is, graphic is good. Also, for hand drawn patterns to fit in and not stand out in this style, pattern would have to be drawn incredibly evenly and consistently (other styles like Shimeji Simulation allow for looser and funkier line work). The artist made the right choice.

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

Yep Evie, none of those other love interests are good enough for Elsa.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Strange. So strange.
Keep thinking, neutron star girl. Maybe you'll figure out something.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

This story arc (the date to watch the play) is not yet finished in the web novel, so it’s resolution will first be seen in the manhua.

Doesn’t the web novel have over 200 chapters? How could this be the case? Did they shift events around that much?

Yeah I was confused about this as well. I think I've been spoiled on some developments way down the line, so I thought there was a ton more novel content left.

I'm seeing some confusion over the story arc's unfinished status, so please see what I wrote for chapter 23 - that's still applicable. Chise went back and inserted a couple of new chapters and a new story arc (regarding the date and the play) in between what was her chapters 18 and 19. (The newest chapter in terms of sequential number is chapter 262, so yes, there's a lot more left)

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

Damn it. I had a bad feeling something like this was gonna happen... and seeing as how she just straight up dropped the knife I dunno whether it was just cause she wasn't expecting the system to pop up or if it's cause the options just made her recoil that much. I'm really hoping it's the former, but with how quiet the system has been lately I have a bad feeling it's going to be a bit extreme this time

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I'm seeing some confusion over the story arc's unfinished status, so please see what I wrote for chapter 23 - that's still applicable. Chise went back and inserted a couple of new chapters and a new story arc (regarding the date and the play) in between what was her chapters 18 and 19. (The newest chapter in terms of sequential number is chapter 262, so yes, there's a lot more left)

I'm still confused... Can you just tell us how long it will take to get the conclusion of the system popping up? Seems like it'll take a while because not even the light novel knows? I'm so confused.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

I'm still confused... Can you just tell us how long it will take to get the conclusion of the system popping up? Seems like it'll take a while because not even the light novel knows? I'm so confused.

It will be resolved very soon and then the story will go back to adapting straight from the novel.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

An there it is, the order. I wonder if it will be something like just try drowning her in the water or telling her to reject her forever.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

We were mistaken and the web novel has already completed this arc in full. Just ignore what was said before about it being incomplete. Sorry for the confusion and the web novel notes page will be updated. The next chapter will continue where this one leaves off.

To reply you must either login or sign up.