Forum › Posts by bubuu

bubuu
Spell discussion 06 Mar 08:17
joined Jun 5, 2018

A (2-)sphere has no boundary as a manifold.

The euclidean space does not havea topological boundary.

I guess Yukaris boundary is just the boundary between plot convenience and vagueness. Like always sigh

bubuu
Spell discussion 03 Feb 09:52
joined Jun 5, 2018

I dont see much stuff about the vampire incident so this is very interesting

I feel like all of the stuff used to be about touhou 6-8. That has changed drastically hwoever.

bubuu
Spell discussion 03 Feb 09:51
joined Jun 5, 2018

"A era before spell cards"

Yeah you mean PC-98.

Where's my PC-98 Reimu

Give me my Purple Hair Reimu Bob

Rip touhou 1-5 you will be missed

bubuu
joined Jun 5, 2018

I like full color. And ^ the puppets are really thoughtful... towards alice.

joined Jun 5, 2018

Why did marisa not want to eliminate akyuu right then and there?

If you mean chapter 29, supposedly 24,300 points was simply the most she could get out of Akyuu in that instant.
If you mean chapter 30, she felt she had to slow down if she didn't want to risk being countered by Remilia or Youmu.

i thought if one player runs out of points the match immediately ends, so Marisa would come out on top in ch. 30?

joined Jun 5, 2018

I do love seeing everyone cheat either by using their abilities or by simply normally cheating, while Youmu plays entirely fair even though she could if she wanted to use her ability to look at every tile on the table and have constant perfect information, which would not only negate several other people's abilities (because their abilities depend on swapping the unknown tiles around) but also mean that she'd be fully capable of playing around everyone else because she'd have perfect information.

Good on her, though it's fun to think that Youmu pretty much always cutting the correct tiles is also a manifestation of her ability.

how would youmu do that?

Way way back when she was playing Rumia, to counter her hand being covered in darkness she learned how to perceive the tiles with closed eyes, by harnessing the "inner eye" she uses in combat. She notes how she could probably use this ability to look at the other players' hands as well, but decides against it because she doesn't want to cheat. It's never brought up again. (Well, not that I remember.)

Hm, yeah, youre right, there was something along those lines

joined Jun 5, 2018

Why did marisa not want to eliminate akyuu right then and there?

joined Jun 5, 2018

I do love seeing everyone cheat either by using their abilities or by simply normally cheating, while Youmu plays entirely fair even though she could if she wanted to use her ability to look at every tile on the table and have constant perfect information, which would not only negate several other people's abilities (because their abilities depend on swapping the unknown tiles around) but also mean that she'd be fully capable of playing around everyone else because she'd have perfect information.

Good on her, though it's fun to think that Youmu pretty much always cutting the correct tiles is also a manifestation of her ability.

how would youmu do that?

bubuu
joined Jun 5, 2018

Why is everyone in this comments section just going on about the dangers of smoking lmao. Absolutely no chill.

As a smoker myself I can tell you than smoking is an horrible habit that me and many other wish we didn't have, every smoker I've meet will always tell you about how much they want to quit and how they will never teach anyone how to smoke or provide a cigarette to youngster cuz all of us know how nasty of an habit it becomes. Maybe I'm being pretentious here but the only people that find smoking hot are impressionable teenagers

+respect

joined Jun 5, 2018

For full context: Unlike Gensokyo of Humans and Magician Who Loved a Fake, which were published through Strange Creators of Outer World, this is Ashiyama's self-published doujin that's been going since 2015. He's been working on it before, in between, and sometimes during those other series.

Most of the series has been originally published as books, which were then divided into chapters for the Pixiv release used here.

The plan is to upload two chapters a month, and once we've caught up, just do them whenever Ashiyama publishes more.

How many are out and how frequent do they update?

bubuu
joined Jun 5, 2018

Ah, sweet ReiMari after a while.

^

joined Jun 5, 2018

Yeess, bully Akyuu! Make that girl cry! Go Marisa!

joined Jun 5, 2018

The Remari ending was a let down, but other than that, it's okay. Felt it would have been better if Reimu had sealed Marisa's magic on purpose, and then that forced a confrontation that made Reimu accept that Marisa is perfectly capable on her own, and that she can't tie her down.

I agree, this ending was rather shallow for all that build up

joined Jun 5, 2018

joined Jun 5, 2018

This was comfy. Seiran and Ringo don't show up too much in doujins, which is a shame when there's a lot of interest you can do with them and their new life in Gensokyo.

probably because most people never beat seiran in legacy lol

joined Jun 5, 2018

page 7 there -> they're

last edited at Sep 6, 2023 6:31AM

joined Jun 5, 2018
Kur0r0-1516459887903244288-img1

@star light: excruciatingly painful headaches whenever you have both eyes open at the same time

joined Jun 5, 2018

I did not know Aya's name was that fancy. In fact, most doujins only go ayaya...

It is weird to think that there exists this many newspaper, but the only* one to cover outside tengu territory is ayas. (And hatate)

Megumu should have said in response to ayas accusation of only being an eye for her, that aya may know of the saying "to treasure something like the apple of ones eye"

joined Jun 5, 2018

This latest chapter puts a bunch of things in context.
This is my interpretation, so take anything I say with a grain of salt.

The relationship between the witch and the priest mirrors Marisa and Reimu's relationship. The priest (Reimu) knows that they shouldn't be friends with the witch. It goes against their code where they would exterminate those who break their religious beliefs. Despite those beliefs, they maintain their friendship.
When Marisa loses her powers, Reimu is at first relieved but slowly loses interest because Marisa is no longer the person that she became friends with. That curse, first established by the priest, awakens Reimu.
Because the priest and the witch, after those books were published and sent to her, brought context to the title of this doujin series.
The priest is the magician, the one who made the curse, and the witch is the fake, the one not responsible for the curse. The priest (Magician) who loved a Witch (Fake).

Bringing this post back to the present, Reimu has become "corrupted" by the priest's books/curse and has become the magician because she loved her relationship with Marisa the fake human witch. Reimu was never corrupted by the book, it simply enhances her previous emotions because she misses her old Marisa. Even if most of the village sees Marisa as Kirisame's daughter, Reimu only sees Marisa as the human witch. So when Marisa "learned" the abandon food skill, Reimu's life was already altered and after Marisa lost her powers is when the camel's back broke and allowed the curse to possess her.

While this story will most likely revert to the status quo of 2hu lore, it was a great read and I look forward to the author's next work. I'm very curious about which character they are going to focus on next.

I agree with most of the comment, except when it comes to who the title is referring to. When the woman in the past said something about the priest possessing a much more powerful magic, I dont think she was being literal about it. (since per their convention, a witch must learn abandon worms, which clearly the priest hasn't) The powerful magic was the word, spread of false info and authority.

I am not even sure if a fake necessarily refers to another person, it could be Marisa (the magician) loving the state when she was a fake (Witch). (Iirc she was quite elated to have mastered the first few steps accidentally).

Either way, the temporal form of the title might play a more important role now

bubuu
MA+P discussion 27 Aug 06:13
joined Jun 5, 2018

These are so adorable! XD

This on-going? I guess dropped...

Miracles do happen!

joined Jun 5, 2018

The "tile"... text boxes are the best

joined Jun 5, 2018

If you remember any Touhou authors that have very good (and creative/unique) works under their belt, recommend them here so that I can give them a stamp of approval, such that in the forest od many old touhou doujins, the most brilliant ones can shine.

Ill add those which have already gotten one later.

I dont care about any ships in particular, if an author specializes in one, thats fine, but they cant be generic stories.

last edited at Aug 20, 2023 4:58AM

bubuu
joined Jun 5, 2018

Bubuu stamp of approval

bubuu
joined Jun 5, 2018

This person, although sometimes dubious, has the bubuu stamp of approval

joined Jun 5, 2018

This author has the bubuu stamp of approval