Forum › Posts by Zormau

joined Aug 29, 2019

Heh, pots and kettles and all that.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019
Grf0yqjb0aiobx1-orig

@DrJamesFox and who would clean up the inevitable puddle after Bocchi melts from Kita suddenly kissing her?

joined Aug 29, 2019

i love how they're both stupid its entertaining

Sometimes you don't elaborate plots. A dumpster fire is good enough.

Yep, this is one of those titles that's both "all the right kinds of wrong" and "dumb, but in a very entertaining way".
I love it.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019
Go8r8skbsaakq9a-orig

It's weird how little fanart there is on here around this show. Then again, I guess that comes with the territory of being an anime original with no tie-in gacha.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Wholesome horny is the best horny. By a country mile.

Zormau
Anime season 05 Jun 12:03
joined Aug 29, 2019

Jellyfish's last episode was rough on my heart.
And in the preview we see Kano being depressed, which means this episode is looking like it'll be rough too.

Yeah the current high drama arc isn't the fluff you might want from a CGDCT show, but I really appreciate the way it's done. It seems relatively well grounded and I think the characters are all acting in a very consistent and "realistic" manner according to what we know (or have just learned, talk about presenting backstory) about them. I don't watch external previews for future episodes. I usually take my anime as they come, when they come.

I had the impression that they took a very effective "show don't tell" approach to both current and past events in this episode, with little commentary added (e.g. mama Hayakawa's manipulative approach to negotiation was super well presented without overplaying it too much or making her an obvious villain). In the later parts it felt more like Kano was reliving some of her uncomfortable experiences, allowing us to learn of the past through her eyes, rather than having her explain it to others (which is what I meant by "commentary").
Direction, acting and animation were top notch in this one.

Zormau
Anime season 05 Jun 08:53
joined Aug 29, 2019

Man that last episode (#9) of Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night went hard. Not so much with regards to being yuri (though it's extremely relevant here), but moreso with regards to being my favorite episode of all the shows I've been watching this season so far.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

I am not sorry for necroing this thread because I think that this manga needs to be read at least once per year, so here's your kind reminder.

joined Aug 29, 2019

When she said she had Xmas presents, I looked first at the one in her left hand—and I was puzzled for a while. "What is that, a maraca? Does she want to sing karaoke?"

Then I looked at the one in her right hand and spat my lemonade all over the screen.

This series has just gained a level in ecchiness. (>///‿///<)

Don't fret, pet. That's nothing next to the megajump in kinkiness that My Girlfriend's Not Here Today has just experienced.

Oh, my, maybe I should catch up on that one after all! Didn't stick with it since I wasn't feeling the high drama when the first chapters came out.

joined Aug 29, 2019

What really stands out in this chapter is how many weaknesses Komaki shows. For someone supposedly so perfect she suddenly appears much more hopeless. She can't handle spicy food, she can't sleep without her specific pillow. It's all contrary to her perfect image. Wakaba even actively compensates for those weaknesses.... Hmm. I think there is a point to that too.

I am still pretty sure Komaki wants to be called out on her bullshit, forcefully. It seems pretty apparent that she hates the way she is and wants to be reined in instead of everyone (including Wakaba) letting her get away with it.
I think subconsciously Wakaba is kinda attuned to that part of Komaki and does deeply care about her friend's self-hate. She's going about it the way she does because she doesn't actually see another way. Just severing ties with her would leave Komaki to suffer, so the only way she sees to break her out of this spiral is eventually beating her.

Outside of the explicit challenges, Wakaba has several times managed to break her composure for a moment, but I'm not even sure she realized that.

Edit: The overall vibe of this one reminds me of Arioto in the best way possible, and speaking of which, apparently Arioto's manga has ended now? On Mangadex, the 15th chapter released two weeks ago is tagged as "end" and the series as "completed". Too bad Me-A didn't do the third volume.

last edited at May 21, 2024 6:06PM

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019
118539873_p0

It is kind of surprising how closely the characters, plot points and tropes of the two align. I've not read Whispering (yet?), but from the show so far they share tall black-haired senpai that falls in love, short redhead kouhai that does not fall in love but still wants to play along, and senpai has a classmate with a secret crush on her, and that classmate has a not-quite-friendly conversation about their rivalry with the kouhai. Though admittedly, Sayaka was a lot more dismissive of Yuu.

Then again, I guess a lot of those are common Yuri tropes that simply predate YagaKimi, and since that was kinda my entrance to the genre, that will obviously influence my perspective. I don't mind the use of tropes if they're well-implemented and fleshed-out enough. WYALS isn't as good as YagaKimi in that regard, but then again: what is...

last edited at May 11, 2024 9:57PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Whoops, someone accidentally flipped the Yandere switch and didn't see it coming. Welp!

joined Aug 29, 2019

Makino talks too much. Although getting it all out in the open may actually help them through their problems quicker. Maybe even give Mashiro a way to go on without having to rely on her less well regarded job. Depends all on how mom will take it, though.

Yeah she is feeling a bit too invincible right now. Her confidence has served her pretty well so far, though.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

Man if Meguru isn't down worse than I thought. Well, her situation is also a bit more fucked up than expected.
I love it when a Manga's all the right kinds of wrong.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019
__4zm-1771345798015725658-img1

The show's so deep into "I do believe it is hentai" territory...
Following the "uncen" version and then cross-referencing the relevant chapter I think they went further than the source material.

It's quite fun to see the creators give zero fucks about decency.

last edited at Mar 27, 2024 12:23AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Maybe Sadist want to go out with her but since she know she wouldn't accept ir if she ask directly, she did those challenges to get through her. Also how many time before say gex ?

That and Sadist-chan's just desperate to finally be beaten and acknowledged as a human being while taking the weirdest and most ineffective roundabout way to do the naughty with her crush. That they say gex should be totally on the agenda of this series, but we know how things go, it's not Flowerchild or anything after all :D

People who read the LN probably know more, but I'll stick to speculating on the info that we have here :D

joined Aug 29, 2019

Gotta love/hate how Hijiki is still keeping the "AM I FOR REAL THIS TIME OR WILL THIS BE ANOTHER FAKEOUT?!" skit going, with the chapters endings referencing being "like a dream"...

joined Aug 29, 2019

Whoa! Another chapter!

joined Aug 29, 2019

I...Did Evie literally just forget that she went back in time to find a way to stop the monster invasion?

Like, maybe she got what she needed somehow without realizing it, but SHE wouldn't know that, right? Shouldn't she be panicked right now because she hasn't made any progress on the thing she literally went back in time to stop? Am I missing something?

The curse now resides in Elsa, not Evie. I guess it's good-bye, System Administrator. I guess that's gonna massively change things.

Also this arc started in February 2023. It's been over a year in the making.

joined Aug 29, 2019

no... No... NO! Hijiki, you are NOT backing out of this one by saying "SYKE, it was a DREAM!"

joined Aug 29, 2019
Betockiwm-1756976084900577691-img1

sees thumbnail
Ah, a piece by Betock!
So naughty.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Wow, good LORD are they going the extra mile to be extra useless!!

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

Kind hard to believe that this is the first doujin for the series on Dynasty (since the manga's been going for a fair while).

joined Aug 29, 2019

Task failed successfully.

joined Aug 29, 2019
Sha_nays-1753626068152639603-img1

Whoa, new YagaKimi fanart!