Forum › Posts by Zormau

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

lol Kenji staring back at them at the end

anw people on Dynasty really needs to loosen up, Kenji was a bit pushy but since he never confessed and Kaho never outrightly rejected him, it's fine for him to continue "flirting" with her.

Honestly every time people in Dynasty Scans criticized a man, I wonder what the reaction would be if that had been a woman. Like seriously, you people are absolutely fine (and love it) when a woman is creepy as fuck (My Younger Senpai series, where the MC actively preyed on a teenager) but a man being a bit too persistent is definitely a creep.
Hypocrisy much?

inb4 mods having to shut this down
This won't end peaceful. Let's not go there.
Besides, there's plenty of hate for series like My Younger Senpai as well, different strokes for different folks. The forum has at least some measure of diversity of opinion and there's quite often a lot of criticism about how and why certain works make it onto the platform.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

The guy came off as a bit too persistent, if not outright rude, to me. The whole confession scene was definitely uncomfortable, he was invading her personal space without her ever having said to be okay with it, and his attitude towards Tamaki seemed a bit arrogant(?) to me. I mean, is it really your place to reject someone who hasn't even really expressed an interest in you? Especially doing that in front of their coworker, making it awkward for both of them.

I guess the fact that he never got a clear rejection can justify his actions to a degree, but considering this has supposedly been going on for two years, can he not take a hint? He seemed awfully quick to notice that Tamaki "liked" him, yet unable to see that Saho did not. Also, I can't imagine having someone you aren't interested in flirting with you at your workplace as anything but uncomfortable. It didn't seem like Saho minded it much most of the time, but I'd think one would have the courtesy to stop when their advances have been dismissed countless times.

The line between "endearingly persistent" and "creepy" appears more blurry to some than others. You could say he was being "old school" that way. Ultimately I think there is no "easy out" that provides closure. He probably felt the need to finally clear the air for a while now and Tamaki's arrival and his perception that she's into him gave him the push he needed.
His attitude towards Tamaki definitely seemed unduly cavalier, but I'd say he acted like that based on bad intel, not because he's an irredeemable creep. A false perception of attraction that leads to a misguided pre-emptive rejection is a trope, after all (followed by the rejecting party either being simply baffled that they aren't so hot after all, or by the rejected party getting slapsticked if they "rejected" a tsundere).

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

love chubby tag used without stuff like food^^

//

it's so rare to find chubby yuri, especially chubby yuri that isn't about the character being chubby. Mega mega props to this!!!

^/^^ this. I'm neither chubby nor a girl, but I do have a chubby girl at home :D
I do think the chubb (as a health concern) isn't inappropriate as a topic in portraying a relationship (as in a longer series), but whenever pronounced chubbiness is used for a lead character, it becomes the defining character element far too much, while it really should be a subplot at best.

... is what I think at least :D

But am the only one that would be very uncomfy with so much physical contact by someone rando, more so grabbing shoulders or arm around them? more so if it's a pushy customer, that keeps talking about dating you forever.
Maybe I became too sensetive for that tho.

I think that's a pretty reasonable reaction, though if you think about it, he'd been a regular for two years. He did come off pushy and not exactly endearing, but he wasn't just "some rando" to Saho like he is to us.

joined Aug 29, 2019

BV posted:

Ah, I see this finally found it's way here.

it was posted like 2 minutes after the gallery on e-h don't be a hater

I think BV's referring to the other translation that's been around since February. Doesn't impact how much we appreciate you bringing this to us now. ;)

Also, wouldn't it make sense to have "My Girlfriend is a Femboy" on the reader as well?

last edited at May 19, 2022 11:33AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

stalking...well, it's for the greater good this one time. do your best, scum-chan!

I guess she'll also be honest enough with Maron-san to tell her how and why she came to be there.
Gotta love how she's always a little bit torn between being a good girl and indulging her baser desires :D

joined Aug 29, 2019

Aaah, good ol' Ehohin.
I've seen this one elsewhere, yeah, but it's much appreciated here. :D

joined Aug 29, 2019

So, does Takahashi actually have suicidal ideation or is she just prone to exaggerating her misery?

Just your average pass from teenage to adulthood... Full of misery

Just your average day as an adult.

Get up, eat breakfast, maybe shower, go to work, go home, don't let the existential dread set it, eat dinner, don't let it set in...

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

hmm, I see volume 1. Methinks every volume is going to have it's own little group of people and the most important thing for the characters is to get through their volume alive. With Tokiko at the center of it all everytime.

My theory that the deaths are caused by negative emotions seem to be falling through though, I don't doubt there is still something supernatural at play but it seems to go deeper than initially thought.

That would be a plausible theory, but Voume 1's over and we still have three survivors, at least one of which is unlikely to remain that way (sorry Rina), and the investigation/sensational article isn't finished yet either.
So while we could see new "expendables" being added to the cast and introduced to the "end of chapter roster", I do think it'll be a continuous narrative rather than discrete volumes.

Idk, I'm still on board with negativity towards Tokiko being causal to the deaths, Rina not having died yet doesn't really go against that theory.

It's gonna be a great month if we keep getting a chapter a day :D

joined Aug 29, 2019

"Garth is the only love interest I can trust" yeah you can trust him to help Elsa woo you, Yvonne. haha good job outsmarting yourself

Classic "Task failed successfully" moment.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

Ok, I was confused because Guro is often used as a sexual tag (short for Ero Guro). Somehow I feel like her friend is safe. Not sure what really triggers her "curse" yet.

Guro is basically short for "grotesque", so it's mainly used for depictions of grotesque violence regardless of sexual content (different from the vanilla Violence tag which is mainly punching and stuff with limited use of blood).

Huh, and here I thought it was an odd re-romanization of "gore"... It always kinda fit the bill so I never bothered to actually look it up.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

Personality wise I am just going to say this is her "being happy" like her friend told her. Really can't wait to find out why she seems to know when people are going to die.

Speaking of her friend, Natsuki's probably the only character that I'm actually a bit afraid for. Everyone else feels kinda like fair game for the reaper.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

at this point, i just hope the tomboy gets to stay alive and happy ç-ç

I have a feeling that neither "alive" nor "happy" are in the cards for our main cast...

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

Thanks for hosting this.

Same deal as with Satsuki, I'll try to have a new chapter out every day. There's 34 chapters in total.
There'll definitely be a few breaks though, like when new chapters of Liar Satsuki release.

I think it's a very interesting little mystery; a bit rough around the edges but I love seeing how an artist grows, exploring a lot of similar concepts to Satsuki.
Fair warning, it is much darker. Satsuki is a rollercoaster of highs and lows, while Shi ni Aruki is more of a constant descent.

Sounds promising. Don't overwork yourself, a new chapter every few days would still be plenty fast. Is it completed at 34 or is it still ongoing?

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

Kinda crazy that even with all the new yuri stories that drop this seemingly short manga still is right in the top 3 and has been for a good 4 years now. I'm re watching the anime and then re reading the manga and woow. I'm crying from the nostalgia (wasn't even that long ago as well)

Honestly among all the Yuri I've read since this ended, only one completed series could hold a candle to this), the ones I enjoyed most are either still ongoing, or are a short oneshot. Plus there are so many that I still haven't gotten around/gotten my ass up to read, like Hello Melancholic or Hana ni Arashi (which is also still ongoing).

I occasionally also put the OST for the anime on (which still deserves a season 2, even if it'll never get it), it's such a great score. (Tidbit of Trivia: Ōshima Michiru also composed the score for Little Witch Academia, which I also listen to sometimes while working.)

last edited at May 12, 2022 5:16PM

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

Pretty neat detail that the blood splatters on the "X remaining" page correspond to where the fatal injury was dealt.
Guess we're not gonna see any butt-related deaths, I suppose...

Oh you...

Liar Satsuki has been too tense for me last time I tried it and got three chapters in, even though those were really good. (being put off by it somehow being tagged as "comedy", which totally didn't work for me)
This I think I'll be able to enjoy more easily. Good and honest Final Destination/Death Note tension.

last edited at May 12, 2022 4:52PM

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

It's so nice to get one of these every now and then.
If I understand the afterword correctly there might eventually be more, but it could also be left as-is? Time will tell I guess.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Oooh, now here's a doujin that deserves another read.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

Now I wonder what we'll be getting for the 100th chapter :D
I'm hoping it'll either be the biggest tease yet... or not a tease after all. Either is fine.

Also

It's okay... We get it...
But you don't!

But yes, Koguma, they get it. You don't. (jk, I know we're no longer in the "oblivious"/"dense" phase)

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

see new chapter of Hino-san - squee a little - enable fullscreen - press F11 for full fullscreen

Ok so this was probably one of the best chapters yet.
Got me good this time.
Love how we keep getting "progress but not progress", this time by ways of the rest of the class getting in on the fun.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

Flowerchild is that you?
This was a nice read, gotta love some loving lovemaking.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Hmm.
I do think the story and its concept is kinda interesting and I'll probably stick with it, but the writing seems rough and kinda incoherent.
And I don't think that's down to the translation, it feels more like the original dialogue doesn't seem to flow really well, or would require major alterations for an English-speaking audience to properly work.
So yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that while Windyfall's recent output hasn't exactly been stellar, they also have chosen a few works that were rough to begin with.

last edited at May 8, 2022 10:00PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Yes, I enjoyed that. Nice.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

idk, I feel like "mage and familiar" isn't the correct translation from Japanese, maybe "mage and maid" would be closer? yeah I feel like it would

:v

I mean, it's Zanka, so the "Maid" part kinda goes without saying ;)

I'll take a couple dozen more chapters like this, thank you.
Does this count as wholesome? Because I think it's almost as wholesome and cute as that other Witch and Familiar story.

joined Aug 29, 2019

I like this, nice, short form, cute.

Also geez, this dropped on the reader like yesterday and we're already on page four?

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019