Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I wonder, now that I'm looking at the character details I notice Elsa's doesn't have her birthday on it.

The eternal question of ‘is this plot relevant, or did they forget?’

Maybe she doesn't have a fixed birthday, allowing the player to give any date?

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Does anyone else think it is possible that Elsa is ALSO a person from the real world reborn into the game?

It's a canon fact that she has absolutely no idea how the villainess system works, or even that such a thing exists... so to answer you: sorry, nope.

Miku
joined Feb 27, 2016

I wonder, now that I'm looking at the character details I notice Elsa's doesn't have her birthday on it.

The eternal question of ‘is this plot relevant, or did they forget?’

Maybe she doesn't have a fixed birthday, allowing the player to give any date?

Well, from the chapter with the priestess, she grew up from an orphanage, so maybe she was either left in the orphanage as a baby or abandoned, so we're not sure what is her actual birthday. In this case, the player can instead set her birthday for themselves.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Worst two things about your average garbage rom-com with male protagonist are:

1) He's really average or below average looking man with little to no redeeming qualities.

And yet for some reason every woman within 10 kilometers wants him, and is willing to go incredibly degrading lengths to make that happen, regardless of what their characterization should be, based on their age / education level / general personality.

It's way worse than reverse of this is in shoujo, there the worst problem is that all men are "perfect", more like gods than real people.

2) Harem aspect. Women may compete for a guy, but most of the time it stays unnaturally civil, and often even the most jealous woman will end up being happy to share with other competitors, even though none of them is getting any real satisfaction or attention from him. Nobody ever walks away from the competition either in anger after feeling rejected. They all stay in the plot, and sometimes are still after this nobody even when he managed to force himself to "choose one".

Yuri harems are rare, and usually lampoon the concept or make it seem more plausible. Like "She Gets Girls Every Day", where the protagonist is incredibly attractive and sweet girl, who arguably really could charm every non-straight woman she meets.

What's a yuri harem anyway? Off the top of my head I don't remember that many. I can think of two that are updated regularly and I follow: Asumi is interested in Lesbian Brothels and Sorry I'm not Into Yuri. In the 1st one Asumi PAYS those girls to go on dates with her and have sex, arguably she's such a sweetheart she could charm them but not many seem to be seriously smitten with her. In the 2nd one the protagonist is a cute girl with a horrible personality (she's like the lead of a mainstream rom-com in her total lack of redeeming qualities) and she does have a female harem... but only after she drugged all those girls with a love potion! So yeah, the authors make a point of making it plausible.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Vilainess System, the greatest yuri wingman

really good news if it doesn't... it really is the greatest yuri wingman for this story

Now I'm wondering whether the villainess system got fed up and decided to pick a new girl to order around that would actually pick the nasty choices

If the system is actually based on game routes and Elsa forced herself onto an Evie route, then it might make sense for the system to be quite, since she's no longer the villainess. Now the question is: does the system upgrade into a heroine/love-interest system?

joined Jul 21, 2020

Worst thing is the hero always defined as a "nice guy" who gets all the popular hotties just because he's "nice" and that seems to be all the needed reason.

Compare this to the superior yuri harem manga Watamote, in which Tomoko gets the girls because she's a scumbag weirdo.

Are you aware that Watamote is a cgdct comedy for a male audience, created by two experienced shōnen mangaka, serialized in Gangan and sold as manga for boys?
And that nobody in Japan ever called it yuri, or tagged it as a yuri manga?

I sometimes wonder if we're all really on the same page when we think about yuri...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018
youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

What's a yuri harem anyway? Off the top of my head I don't remember that many.

There is one that is quite popular right now: Watanare (aka Yuri the Romcom)

last edited at Apr 21, 2022 5:32PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Earth Girls was kind of yuri-haremy too.

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Tachibanakan to lie Angle too, kinda.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

What's a yuri harem anyway?

Ojou-sama wa Love Come no Shujinkou ni Naritai!

This series took like all the plain male MC harem tropes and just had fun with a Yuri cast. It was great! Big fan of Cherry-Chan myself.

Other recommends would be “B.G.M.R.S.P”, “I don’t know which one is love” and “She gets girls everyday”.

last edited at Apr 21, 2022 6:59PM

joined Jan 11, 2014

So happy with the amount of yuri harem recs I'm getting in the discussion sections. Yuri lovers deserve trashy rom com too

joined Jul 21, 2020

There's also I Wouldn't Mind Being Loved by Amano Shuninta. Plot is similar to Asumi-chan's except MC starts working at the brothel almost immediately. She makes girls fall for her left and right.
It's completed in Japan at 4 volumes. The first book was partly translated by Sexy Akiba Detectives; but then they stopped and I don't know why, I'd like to ask them but I don't use Discord. (Actually if some of you do use Discord I'd be thankful if you talked to SAD and asked them about the status of this manga and their plans for it!)

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Worst thing is the hero always defined as a "nice guy" who gets all the popular hotties just because he's "nice" and that seems to be all the needed reason.

Compare this to the superior yuri harem manga Watamote, in which Tomoko gets the girls because she's a scumbag weirdo.

Are you aware that Watamote is a cgdct comedy for a male audience, created by two experienced shōnen mangaka, serialized in Gangan and sold as manga for boys?

I sometimes wonder if we're all really on the same page when we think about yuri...

Considering how many of those girls are taking an interest in Tomoko, both romantically and otherwise, I'm pretty sure we're not.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Considering how many of those girls are taking an interest in Tomoko, both romantically and otherwise, I'm pretty sure we're not.

Yeah, Watamote took a pretty sharp turn towards the true and golden Yuri subtext path during the school trip arc, starting approx chapter 62 ish when Tomoko was forced to start to come out of her shell and began building some friendships and the Emoji misunderstandings
and issues began.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Can we stay on topic ?

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

MOAR

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Why must the system jump in with the worst timing?

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

SYSTEM NO! DONT YOU FUCKING DARE BETRAY ME LIKE THIS! JUST WHEN I CALLED YOU THE BEST WINGMAN!
THE COMMAND BETTER BE GAY AS HELL OR ILL HAVE TRUST ISSUES FOREVER

Miku
joined Feb 27, 2016

Oh come on, Yvonne is stopping the encounter with the MCs... looks like she doesn't want her to trigger those routes and stay with her in the new route that's being created... Come on Yvonne, you should start knowing how you feel already and give us more diabetes...

Hopefully, this system will give another shipping choice... don't let me down now

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 5:00AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

She was so close to accepting her feelings, but then backed down again even after all her earlier thoughts...

And damn, that system just had to pick that time to pop up... Although I guess I did already expect it to after seeing the knife. No way the system could have resisted that.

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

Aww, I was hoping we’d actually get to see some of the play, darn.

This story arc (the date to watch the play) is not yet finished in the web novel, so it’s resolution will first be seen in the manhua.

Doesn’t the web novel have over 200 chapters? How could this be the case? Did they shift events around that much?

joined Jun 5, 2018

Whoever "drew" Yvonnes shirt deserves a smack. I understand being efficient, but you cant possibly just paste over a grid...

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

Oh no... Do you guys think the villainess system became the romantic system? Am I hoping for too much?

joined Jan 25, 2021

Whenever things start going well, I find my anxiety building at the absence of the villainess system. What horrible action will it force Yvonne to perform next? And now it looks like it's done something even more horrible! Like it glitched the heroine out of the scene entirely or something. Is it going to cause a reset to get things back on track??? ;.;

To reply you must either login or sign up.