Forum › Posts by kenkyokitsune

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Presumably that's not an easy mistake to make in Japanese.

Chinese, isn't it? And ye, i assume if anything it'd just be a typo. Martial and Marital are almost identical after all

Martial is intentional, just for the record.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

an aspiring emperor is supposed to be physically perfect, according to Chinese tradition

You might be thinking of the Byzantines.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Oh the tags have changed I wonder wh-
Oh, welp, now the premise of the story doesn't really make sense anymore.

Though, I do wonder why the emperor isn't just left ambiguously transmasc, considering they're seemingly just fine with being a guy, and don't really seem interested in being a girl.

Ok i got it, is this story pretending to be one of thous chinese stories that has “yuri” tag but also the cross-dressing tag so we get what i feel is an STRAIGHT romance story were even in the chapter 15 we got the other supposed “lesbian/bisexual” MC having SEX with HER HUSBAND, how is this YURI?!?!?!?!

I’m sorry but i don’t see anything yuri in this story, is it gonna change? will we EVER address the idea of the EMPEROR being a women? or the idea of two women in an relationship? we will EVER see the concept that no, relationship between straight people is different from gay ones? or will the MC suddenly be OK with her supposed HUSBAND being a WIFE?!?!?!?

there was one other Chinese novel that i coudn’t finish reading were the General was hiding her gender and for some stupid reason, we don’t get the other MC to know that the General was a women while the Princes was so gay she made sure the General was USED AS A PAWN WITH NO MERCY cuz he was a MEN! (abd the general fell for the princes so she did whatever the princess ask of her) that farce of an supposed “Yuri romance” HAPPEN AT THE END! 1/5 of the story with 0 romance with only the GENERAL being in love with the princes! the ROMANCE didn’t exist at all cuz the author forgot to build ANY relationship with them because the princes didn’t found out the general was a women early.

this story will need some solid exploration of the relationship they have AFTER the MC finds the emperor true gender! but i do wander if an Chinese story can pull it off were even the Japanese mangas shy away from the concept of “Sexual Orientation”

...are you okay?

Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

So this has gotta be planned for one volume right? The pacing seems to suggest next chapter will be the finale in my mind.

Not that I have a problem with that, I love a one volume yuri.

Chapter 6 is the first chapter of a new volume.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

90% of the reason I come to this site is you, thanks so much for bringing us these amazing stories!

Aw, thanks! You made my day!

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Just wanted to make a small correction: The general's surname is Tantai, which is one of those relatively uncommon "double-character surnames" in China. I've corrected the previous chapters!

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

What are the others?

Fall In Love With The Empress is another one, I don't know what the other one that's referenced would be.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Are the titles of the first five chapters supposed to form a sentence together?

I thought it was supposed to be a poem? Or at least poetic

Yeah, they're all lines from Classical poems. Right now, I'm organizing them in five groups of four stanzas, or at least, I'm trying to.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Please tell me this was in the raws, because that's some expert shade throwing.

Yep, this was in the original.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

I miss this comic. I've reread what's available like four times because I like it so much.

You and me, pardner. The author has pretty much written the mcs up against a wall and suspense is unbearable; I'm crazy eager to know what's going to happen now!

I wonder if the translation group has abandoned it? A lot of their other series have had multiple new chapters translated since the last one we got for My Dear Lass. Do they have to make a formal notice before another group can respectfully pick it up?

We have not abandoned it. We're waiting for cleans from our partner group.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Sorry folks, there was a mix-up where Chapter 28 was uploaded as "27". The real Chapter 27 has been uploaded now - and hopefully the card game makes more sense now!

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

help, I'm trying to create an account to bilibili to support the author can someone tell me up to what number the Philippines country is??I've been trying it one by one but I keep getting lost in counting when I go back.T-T.

Look for the text 菲律宾.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Is Paypal available to buy coins in the Bilibili manga app.?

You can add Paypal as a payment method to iOS.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

but there's always these doomsday comments when authors tries to do more than the normal fluff. The writing always coincidentally becomes "terrible"

Don't worry, it will turn around when everyone realizes this is just an excuse for fluff between them as kids

Since you are the uploader I will take this as gospel.
LET'S FUCKING GOOO

Uploader is just a role that multiple people have.

Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

That epilogue was somehow even more of a let down than the final chapter.

Thanks for translating, though! This was a cute series.

That's just the omake for Chapter 15 - the epilogue is 17 pages long and I'll start work on it soon.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

That newspaper could have been the NYT or the Post frontpaging about Russia or China.

i hope you got your 0.50 for this

LOL true I forgot about that XD did they at least get 2,50$ for the word count?

Please don't derail this comment section, folks.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Our little witch could use a Japanese girlfriend to help her out in this less than welcoming place, after all.

Stay tuned for the next chapters, peeps.

Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Has the original novel finished? Or it's still ongoing?

Still ongoing.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Apparently they have detailed sex in the novel
Like naked naked but it seem author can only go with metaphor with the manhaw sadly

1. Presuming you're going off of machine translation, so there's no way you can be sure about any of the things you're saying.
  2. manhua
kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

@Serenata This is a manhua...

Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

So there's a conflict between two goddesses who, considering the genre, are probably estranged lovers.

Did not see the sudden bit of dark past coming...

Yvonne isn't running short on reasons to dislike herself anytime soon. She's under coercion but hasn't betrayed nor been fickle, and the penance can't be too bad if she met Elsa.

And we're at or near a milestone! The novel translation is now about caught up to the manhua, because both are at this flower scene but the timelines are different. Thank you and congrats Golden Orchid, riverFlower, and 狐 (fox).

Thanks for following along till this milestone! river deserves a ton of credit for assiduously translating literally tens of thousands of words!

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

meh. This manhwa

*manhua

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Pei will absolutely take advantage of this, she must know that he's her actual brother.

Just wanna clarify, she's calling him "bro" out of (presumably platonic) familiarity, not because he's actually related to her.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

So, just to make it clear, the system avatar outright tells the MC at the bottom of this page that the "beautiful jiejie" is actually the emperor, and she still keeps referring to them as if they were different individuals? She is not very good at this game, is she?

No, the hatching indicates the system is merely thinking it.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

My words don't carry any particular weight, but please stick to discussing this manhua here?