Forum › Posts by flowsthead

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Sakura blushing down to her feet is utterly adorable. But also, girl, your gay is showing.

I also love the theatre club commentary like "her face is just so nice...it's like a weapon...". Takamine out here attracting all the gays.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Props to Karin. Mei's indecisiveness should get more of the girls to explore each other. Karin can't stop being best girl for me.

That's lame and defeats the point of the manga. Why have the girls date each other when the point of the manga is they are attracted to Mei because of one of the 5 senses. If any character activates that attraction than the manga's entire plot is thrown out

Things can start one way and develop another way. The theme of the manga revolves around the senses, but not every chapter focuses on them, and the plot actually revolves around Mei wanting a girlfriend after feeling (though not actually being) rejected by her childhood friend. Nothing about this would deny Mei getting a girlfriend.

Props to Karin. Mei's indecisiveness should get more of the girls to explore each other. Karin can't stop being best girl for me.

That's lame and defeats the point of the manga. Why have the girls date each other when the point of the manga is they are attracted to Mei because of one of the 5 senses. If any character activates that attraction than the manga's entire plot is thrown out

Yeah, it's still labeled as harem and it wont happen. Karin is the kind of character that's good to move the plot forward or in a specific direction (like making mei or the other girls jealous to take their relationships further).

But boy she's not dating material. Great for a fling and some fun and that's it. If she wasn't so promiscuous and nonchalant about kissing and thirsting after other girls for Mei to see, she would have dated her.

It's true she can do whatever the f she wants but fondling and making moves on her friends while she's still going for Mei? I don't see why people would like her in a harem manga.

Considering Mei has also been kissing others, I don't think this is really fair to Karin, and is pretty sex-negative. She might not be dating material for you, which is fine, but her being into more open relationships or hooking up with people before she's exclusive with someone is not morally bad.

Consider this, Mei was making out with a drunk Maria and only stopped because someone knocked on the door. Even forgetting the consent issues, she then tried to hide it from Karin, whereas Karin has been really open about her kissing other people. In real life, Karin is 1000% the better person here.

As far as why like her in a harem manga, she's direct. I like direct characters. I prefer characters who know what they want and go after it.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Lovely manga.

Questionable font choice by Windyfall...

I was just thinking the same thing. This is by Windyfall? They usually do a stellar job

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

They both have a point, but in different ways. Ningwei needs both of them in her life. She needs someone like Jing Xiu there so that she can grow and be better, someone honest, but she also needs someone like Youyan who will be supportive since criticism alone doesn't help for most people.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Not really a fan of Minato's "protection" vibe. She made it sound like Karin would harass her. Mei is an adult, she can make her own decisions.

If Minato wasn't last before for me, she sure is now.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I was really confused why it was blacked out for a sec given what manga it was but yeah that was definitely a normal spa/massage visit

Especially since we know very well that they've both done almost everything that a black screen would normally indicate

Yea, I am pretty sure the joke is that Sempai has convinced Asumi to go brothel-hopping around Japan in the remaining days of their vacation, and the dialogue takes place right after they have arrived at the airport (hence "a little late for that [hesitation]"). The "squeeze" is Sempai grabbing Asumi's hand as they head for the gate, and "my first time" refers to them never having taken a plane before, since their preferred mode of travel until now seems to have been the bus.

Anyway, I am pretty sure it won't be long until they sleep with each other now. Asumi has already begun fantasizing about Sempai, and the latter was so horny for her, she had to leave the hotel room in the middle of the night and heavily implies to have booked another hooker just to blow off steam.

Seriously, Asumi is some kind of lesbian crack with the way every girl wants her. I read the senpai leaving in the middle of the night the same way. Wild.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I wonder if this is how Mitsuki's non-school persona will be revealed to the rest of the school. Aya's friends know about the piercings and tattoo, but haven't really seen her in performance mode.

last edited at May 26, 2024 6:16AM

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

After chapter 69, I think I'm just really tired of this storyline. I want to go back to Hime. Kanoko has drained all of the love I felt for this manga.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

zanpakutoman posted:

With the way this story's been going I feel like the Idiot couple and Lots of kissing tags should be added.

Nah, the idiot_couple tag is for stuff like Kase-san to Yamada or Strawberry Shake Sweet. These 2 may behave idiotically, but they're not an "idiot_couple"

You might have a point with the lots_of_kissing tag, tho....

"She's kissing my stomach and getting jealous when I talk to other girls...if only she didn't hate me!" - Wakaba, an idiot

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

That was fun. I like the unspoken jealousy present with the flower bracelet. I'm not totally sure what that last panel meant though. Did Kozue not pick out Kaho's underwear? Did Kaho lie to make Sayaka jealous on purpose? Or am I misreading it?

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Maybe Miyuki helped Natsuko realize that she likes girls?

I was thinking the same thing. She caused like 50 gay awakenings and now has to deal with the consequences, although judging by the cover art only 3 seem to have latched onto her (so far). It would be hilarious if Natsuko ends up as the final girl though just by being supportive in the background, but I would kind of love it if she just has a stable relationship the entire manga.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Kanna is such a baddie. Joe needs to step up his game.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I don't see much the animated medium could add to this, TBH. To me at least, this is a lot more suitable for a live action adaptation, preferably a movie, given how short a lot of the chapters are. You could probably make a very good 1h45-ish movie out of this story.

As long as it's not like one of those anime adaptations with the excessive close ups and where everything looks too clean. It's gotta have a grungy, realistic feel to it, like a Linklater or Fincher film (although obviously less dramatic in the latter sense), or something like Only Lovers Left Alive or Booksmart. Actually, I'd even take Alice Wu, especially since she does sapphic films well, and the Half of It wasn't as clean as most of the other teen Netflix fair.

But then I'm thinking, it definitely can't be a one on one adaptation, because either the halfway point is the cultural festival reveal or that's the end of the film, and if it's the end then you'd probably want to put a kiss there. If it's the halfway, then the end could be Mitsuki writing her own song and sharing it with Aya.

...I got too into this.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Ch 68
This just feels so unearned. Like, am I supposed to root for this?

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

This is kind of brilliant. Props to Maria-sensei, she bumped up in my fave spots to number 2 behind Karin. It's essentially a way to make everything explicit. She's calling out all the players involved and is hoping to force Mei to actually deal with these people and their feelings. Will it go that way? Depends on if the author wants to actually move the story along or keep in the holding pattern it has been so far.

So it's okay for Mei to be fawning over multiple girls, but it's not okay for Karin to have multiple girls fawning over her?

This is really starting to aggravate me about this story. The hypocrisy that Mei is allowed to get away with just because she's main girl.

Mei does call herself out on it in chapter 27 internally, and they do talk about it in 28. I think the bigger problem is that Mei isn't actually in love with any of these girls, just really attracted to them. She can call that love if she wants, but all the relationships seems really shallow right now.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

This might actually be good for Kaguhara. More layers in the summer means more sweat after all. She might explode though from the overstimulation.

Still, she got her notebook back which is huge. Now we have what Akishita wanted to ask her in chapter 10 left. Ughh, I want some kind of confrontation between Akishita and Kaguhara. Akishita is such a sweetheart.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

It's nice that despite finally dating Tsukushi still lives up to the idiot couple philosophy. Just dumb as bricks.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Library girl doesn't even get a face. I wonder if this will go the typical route of having her be a catalyst of some sort. That'd be kind of disappointing.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I think that with the success of this work, the gay shenanigans had to take a backseat because the main sponsors of Sumiko have become the music industry (mainly Universal Music Japan) and not the manga industry or the yuri fandom.

She's been enrolled to promote Universal's catalog in Japan, not to promote the gay agenda.

For her sponsors, the gay is secondary. It's cute and it adds some appeal to the manga, but it's not the main theme anymore.

The first part focused on Aya and Mitsuki and the gender misunderstanding, but once it was out of the way, the second part focused mostly on music, because it's what pays the bills for Sumiko. So she toned down the romance (still keeping the rizz moments) and propped up the western music side.

So I wouldn't expect any actual onscreen kiss or definite gay thing, because it's become too big for that unfortunately, even if Sumiko has not shied away from the gay in the past.

I could maybe see this, but even recently, chapters 75 to 79 seem much more character focused than music industry focused.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

We've come so far from people doubting whether this manga was even yuri, lol.

I dunno if you're reading the same comment section as me, but people were arguing about it not long ago saying it was yuribait. I'm sure it'll come up again.

To be fair, there's still a pretty good chance that we won't see anything definitive as far as confirmed romance goes. It all depends on how you define ''bait'' in the end.

Based on how she normally talks about the series, I'm expecting something like what Yukiko does with her pairs ("Futaribeya," also the recently posted "Cry for the Moon"). Both authors describe their character relationships and their intentions in similar ways. We'll see though.

Except that's not really how any of Sumiko's other works go. Like a lot of Yukiko's oneshots are subtext too. None of Sumiko's are.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

That was fantastic. Adorable and sexy, which is a great combo.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Riri is so boring to me. This felt like a nothing chapter to me. I'm not feeling the chemistry either, it was just Mei checking out her boobs.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Mitsuki's fashion gets talked up a lot, and it is great, but as a femme I love Aya's looks so much. Those earrings are adorable!

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

It's a little vague, but I think this implies Chizuru hasn't picked up that Aya was talking about Mitsuki.

Unless I'm completely forgetting a scene, Aya only told some of her friends about '' Onii-san'' to begin with and she didn't tell anyone about finding out that it was Mitsuki all along. Narita might be the only other character who's been privy to the whole thing.

I was thinking there were some scenes that might imply she knows, but I reread through it and I think it's just the end of ch 52 that does. "The watching over MitsuAya Squad..." implies it's more than just Narita, which in this case should be Chizuru and Mao, but idk.