Forum › Posts by Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I love this, it's like the good ol' days of quarterly yuri hime but with more polish

Nail polish, to be precise. But yes, it does have that lovely old school yuri girls feeling.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013
Gocgbjcbaaa9k0w-orig

Wait, wait! WHERE is her underwater hand?

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Getting pedantic, but I don't think the lady in the mirror is a ghost. Well, she might be, we don't know very much about how she got that way. But the impression I get isn't so much girl dies-->haunts mirror as girl alive-->gets trapped in mirror, either as a whole or just her spirit or something. The difference being that once you're dead, coming back to life is generally not a thing, but if you're trapped, you could escape. Right now her plan is to escape by possessing our heroine, but it's all kind of vague . . . she doesn't seem to know how exactly. Given the general uncertainty about just what is going on and how it works, I don't think we've foreclosed on the possibility of her getting out in a more solid sort of way.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Hopefully the princess stands up and hits the stone cold stunner on that assistant

Prophetic words. Smack!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So this servant thinks that she can, in view of the Empress, push someone and blame the Empress for it?

I'm trying to wrap my head around why anyone would think this was a workable course of action. Someone tried that in a real Imperial court, I don't care if it's Asian or Roman or Persian or whatever, they would find themselves getting forty lashes double quick. This isn't a case of your word against hers--she's the Empress, your word is NOTHING, what happened is whatever she says happened. Heck, even if Yu Dingdang HAD pushed the princess, it would be amazingly stupid of a servant to say so, let alone in an admonishing way. I guess maybe she has some protection because she serves the Dowager, and she's probably a noble in some way, but still there are limits.

I'm thinking of a bit from Blackadder; the Queen and her stupid courtier Percy are playing some little ball game--
Percy: "Caught it! I win!"
Queen: "Percy. Who's the queen?"
Percy: " . . . Whoops! Butterfingers!"
This servant has not properly internalized this concept.

last edited at Jun 10, 2024 5:45PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

"So why is it that you, the one who can't see anything, are happier than me?"
Well, I guess if you're determined to despise everything and everybody, the things and people in your life aren't going to make you happy.

Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

"my Crush" Dying in Gay Panic

Before you get too excited, the original word was "my Oshi." The scanlators like to translate it to "crush" for this series but Oshi is actually used to refer to an artist you love and support

Yeees, although I've noticed a recurrent theme in stuff with an "Oshi" of how people aren't supposed to actually be in love with their oshi but they are anyway.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

At this rate it might be best for Ruka if Suuna never learns what sex is. Poor girl won't be able to stand up for days if the beast inside Suuna awakens.

Ruka about to get the Stephen Hawking special

Extra appropriate since Suuna is dense as a black hole.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

"since it's just the two of us we've been staying up late"
staying up late doing what I wonder? probably playing too much uno./j

I'm sure that's it.

Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Bla bla bla about romance, she should go poly, even the author continue drawn 3P because she is not convinced

Go poly? I don't think she even wants a cracker. Man, seems like there's a LOT of people into parrot play lately . . .

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I like that the she's so frustrated to see the General she took it out on the grass. Gird your loins, General, battle will soon be joined.

I think she's looking for the kind of battle where you UN-gird your loins.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Cats DO smell like fresh sunshine. Particularly impressive since in theory they should smell like cat drool after licking themselves that much.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I like to have something to contribute to these discussions, but all that's going through my head is
CUUUUTE OMG SO CUTE!!!

Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well, that's a lot of panic and disclaimers but it was so cute and touching and adorable that all is forgiven.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So uh, nobody's mentioned it here yet so I might as well.

https://twitter.com/masa_tsuka_/status/1777515695510790450

(asked my translator about this) Masatsuka attempted suicide a week or so ago and will be in a mental hospital for 3 months. I'll put it in the credits for the next translation but I'm not sure when we'll get to it so might as well say this here. Please support the author if you can.

Oh, jeeze, hope they're gonna be OK.

I saw people commenting on this at 4chan. There were even some fuckers cheering it and mas they didn't died.

4chan really is where the lowest of the low gather around.

They did what. Oh my god how can someone even be that much of a sack of shit?

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

He's hilarious, is what he is. Beyond that, I don't really care what particular kind of gender fiddling he might be doing or if he's just a pretty boy with interesting fashion sense.
I'm dying. Funniest chapter yet.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Missing the Long strip tag here, I think.

I thought the stripping happened quite quickly, though?

. . . Gotta admit, she has to be dead right about the degeneracy of her creators. In fact, in terms of pure naturalistic realism it's a bit far-fetched, but as biting commentary this could be good.

last edited at May 7, 2024 2:15PM

Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

"Let's make my only daughter the crown prince and heir to the throne. Oh, and also make her the wife of a powerful duke who will manipulate and treat her like shit. What could possibly go wrong?"

Hee! Yeah, this king's dynastic decision making doesn't make a ton of sense even in realpolitik terms.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So is younger sis a total bitch or what? "I can feel they're in the middle of things, which means it's my twin sister's first time, and with the girl she's been passionately in love with all this time. Guess I'll interrupt with the mail!" She's always been pretty snarky but really, WTF?

Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I can definitely see why this won the award! It was super cute, sweet, and funny. I had to stop and catch my breath after seeing the Edison yukata, I was laughing so hard. XD

It was the second Edison yukata that did me in . . .

That poor gangster-like science nerd! Don't worry, someday you'll meet a straight science girl with a yakuza fixation!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I think the best part is that if the guy gets into another guy the lesbian fujoshis will piss and shit themselves and go insane etc.

Could we just not do this kind of shit?

Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

With this one, how many lesbians did Truck-kun isekai so far? He needs a new hobby.

I think of it more as a full time job. Nothing but work, work, work, underappreciated . . .

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well. It's a lucky thing for Meguru that the person she decided to fixate on happens to be sweet and nice.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I feel like granny is a monster hunter. Hijinks could ensue.

Purple Library Guy
Suito-to! discussion 23 Apr 19:46
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This manga singlehandedly convinced me to trek down to Fukouka on my last trip to Japan, and also led me to several extremely memorable meals (I could eat that mazesoba from the first or second chapter literally every day), so I'm both super happy to see it back here and mildly disgruntled because now I want to go back to Fukuoka for delicious karaage.

I, myself, am feeling fairly gruntled today, and a chapter of this helps that along.