Forum › Posts by Nene

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Let's hope there's A LOT OF SEX THIS TIME.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Akaii: Wow! Thanks for your post! So much good information! ^_^

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

A very cute tea set indeed.

I love Chinese porcelain. ♡
Ah, except maybe it's not Chinese? But it looks Chinese to me.

I wonder if Ema realizes that every word she says about her plans for the future (both the immediate future and the distant future) spell D-I-V-O-R-C-E to the ears of any unbiased listener.

Nene
Flavorful discussion 13 Mar 03:52
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

"Just according to keikaku." OMG rotflmao

This is a Chinese manhua, but it has such a Japanese manga vibe...

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I lol'ed at Aya who tries to act all adult like, and even asks Erika for lessons on how to seduce a romantic partner into having sex... and then it turns out that even a hug is too much for her.

And that hug was like, barely a hug in my book.

If Koto had said "Now that we have confirmed our feelings, let's have some French kisses and sixty-nines and tribbing!" I think Aya would have nosebleeded a geyser and died.

last edited at Mar 11, 2024 6:27PM

Nene
Anime season 11 Mar 13:46
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

https://i.imgur.com/jiCN0HV.jpeg

If there's one thing he will be remembered for, it's this. Not Dragon Ball. Not Arale. Not the Arale ufo, which is pretty iconic on its own.

No, he will be remembered for a water drop with a smiley face on it.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

SUDDENLY HETERO

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Riri and Karin are still my top choices.

Ah, I see you are a person of culture as well.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Honestly, with AI being where it is right now, the "can robots have feelings" debate is actually pretty important to be having. I mean, people are already in the present day getting deeply emotionally attached to chatbots. Personally, if I started having romantic feelings for a robot it would prompt a deep existential crisis...

Nadeshiko and similar androids have been in fiction forever but we're not really any closer to them being real. The current crop of "AI" isn't remotely like a thinking feeling consciousness, it's all just a bunch of glorified filters, and it takes up way more space than a human body does. State of the art is basically 1% of the thinking and 10,000% of the size, lol. I would be genuinely very surprised if a Nadeshiko could be made within my lifetime. So I don't think the silly sex comedy manga is actually relevant to today's issues lol

I agree with you that today's AI are still shitty. However, unfortunately, there's a very real trend of some people using AI chat bots to replace human contact or even using them to fulfill a boyfriend or a girlfriend function. "Replika" is one AI app that multiple people -- if you can trust the internet -- have reported "falling in love" with. While that doesn't necessarily say much about the quality of the AI, I think it speaks to the human capacity for developing connections with non-humans.

There's also the curious problem of AI bots making up stuff when they don't know the answer to something. There have been hilarious examples, like one lawyer who asked an AI bot to find authoritative precedents to reinforce his position in a certain legal case -- and then discovered that everything the AI found for him was fake information and complete bullshit only after he presented it in court.

last edited at Mar 9, 2024 12:24AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Oh, that asshole better suffer for this...

Leave it to me. Grr.
(Prepares Kamehameha and aims at William. Akira Toriyama cheers from Heaven.)

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

But, but... wasn't she going to tell Karin-senpai that she accepted to be her girlfriend? Things went kinda fubar there...

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

At least the blonde is dropping hints and sending signals. The other girl doesn't do squat.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

SAD started working on volume two?!?

Time to reread volume one since the beginning! ♡

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

AAAA I LOVE THIS MANGA AND IT'S ONLY 2 CHAPTERS LONG!!

It does me no end of good that this manga exists.

Seriously, these days I've been a little bit dispirited -- because a "schoolgirl yuri" manga that I used to love, after a long time on a downward slope and accelerating, finally crashed and burned. But now that I've read this new chapter of My Blue Garnet, all's right with the world again.

It pumps me up to know that there are authors like Akiyama Haru out there. People who will bring me the good stuff, who will keep it real and won't make fucking concessions to anyone or anything. Hell yeah.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018
Il_2539-1762100927228785113-img1

Cute cute.

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I'm confused. What happened after the "Close your eyes" line?

Don't tell me she dressed the other girl like you would a child, and the other girl never noticed?

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

And she wants to somehow make amends. This matters a lot, by my book. I hate the notion that when you grow up and become an adult you have to forget all the things that happened before because it was just unimportant children silliness. You know, like those assholes were saying in the chat? Thx god Tianli doesn't think like that.

I agree with you and I'm extremely glad that the author is making a point of conscientiously and resolutely rebuke that moronic notion. You find a lot (in comics or films or tv shows) characters who have been hurt or bullied when they were kids and still carry the scars as adults, and everyone tells them "What, you're still sore about that? You pathetic loser. It was just children stuff. Get over it. Grow up." It makes me so mad. It's basic textbook that repressing childhood traumas wrecks you as an adult and takes you straight to the divan of a psychiatrist.

And you thought the author was making a point of it last chapter...

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Am I the only one thinking the drama of what happened at the beach felt completely unnecessarily and just some cheap drama cash in?

No, you're not.

And Hinoka's suffering in this chapter is another thing that shouldn't have happened.

To end up crying bitterly and saying "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have kissed you, please don't hate me..." No. Just no.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Keep liking childish stuff as a teen ==> Get hot date with your high school crush

You don't joke with destiny in Japanese manga. It's written in the Book of Fate that these two belong together and the world will keep pushing them towards each other until they realize it.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018
Stmttt-1756530695818842123-img1

Even in pajamas, their standard color patterns remain.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Huh, so she's trash... and then you give her deep and passionate kisses?

O-kay. I get it. People are contradictory. Live with it. ¯ ⧹_(ツ)_/¯

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

DON'T END THE CHAPTER AT SUCH A DRAMATIC POINT AAAARGHH

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018
Dachell_art-1761594011200954735-img1

Yumimi and Nononon will be like this one day.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Gyaru reincarnated is refreshing.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Good job, emperor! Although looks like she's still somehow managing to keep her secret...

I'm... not sure about that. It's a bit confusing. When she asked the general for ecchi doujin books and got only yuri ones, she thought: "Could it be that the general too has found the secret of the emperor?" And I was like: "Omg she knows!!! Dingdang knows her husband is a woman!"

But now they've had sex and Dingdang's reactions are so ambiguous that I don't know what to think anymore.