Forum › Posts by Nene

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I've read (and enjoyed) Chu-Bra, Recorder to Randoseru, Kodomo no Jikan, and all the others that were mentioned — even that one in Margaret that Nene was talking about.

Ueda-sensei sure knows how to write risqué stories for little girls, doesn't she?

Aww, poor Hitomi is sho shad because grown-up hunks (college boys, sararimen) don't take her seriously: they just see her as a grade-schooler who is a bit on the tall side. Luckily, her friend Mao-chan (the black-haired shortie) will come up with a few ideas to fix that.

Mao-chan enlisted the help of her big sister and they gave Hitomi a makeover to make her look less childlike. Let's see those grown-up studs resist her now!

I love that this manga was published in Margaret, lol. Japanese magazines for little girls: giving our cute readers the right ideas!

last edited at Aug 4, 2020 2:08PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This is actually a very common trope in manga.

Just like you have the adult lady who looks just like an underaged loli, you also have the grade schooler who (due to a precocious growth spurt) has the looks and the body of a foxy sexpot bombshell, with bigs boobs and a bubble booty. I've read dozens of stories with this premise, both shoujo and shounen, oneshots and long series.

I remember one where the MC (the adult-looking kid) falls in love at first sight with a cool, hunky sarariman in his mid-twenties. She thinks it's hopeless... but then this other girl (her best friend and classmate) tells her that, with her looks, she has a chance: all she has to do is pretend to be a grown-up! With the right clothes, accessories and makeup, she can pass for a super sexy twenty-year-old woman! And so, long story short, MC gives it a try and it works like a charm: the guy falls head over heels for her. And even though the truth is eventually discovered, he forgives her and they start officially dating with the blessing of her parents. Oh, btw, did I mention that this manga was published in a shoujo magazine for little girls? That's Japan for you, lol.

I think this is the first time I do find this trope in a yuri story.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

How, I wonder, can anyone read this story and question whether it's yuri?

If it was plain vanilla hetero shoujo stuff, there would be hunky boys around Satou -- acting all cool and catching her eye -- from the very first chapter.

And Watanabe would most certainly be a MALE.

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

GOD I JUST LOVE AKIHITO YOSHITOMI!!!!
Like every book is a pearl in my personal yuri treasure box <333
God bless yuri, God bless yuri authors and yuri fairies and yuri people
God bless cheap fast internet providers I'm so lucky to be alive right here right now as I am TT_TT
I love you people <3333 VIVA LA YURI

I devoutly join you in your prayer.

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

"Is it hot today?" your roommate asks.

And you, standing next to a window, flip out your cellphone and check the online weather report.

Kids these days, I swear...

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Thank you for the little side comments, editor-san. CATFIGHT!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This skit with the umbrellas...

It's taking uselessness to a level previously unknown to mankind.

Nene
Image Comments 01 Aug 15:14
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018
Ed9-whivoaivio1-orig

It's too soon to say she's angry. Maybe she's turned on?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

There was a time in Japan when, if a character in a tale happened upon something as obviously supernatural as this, the story would always end with the words: "So-and-So shaved his/her head and became a monk."

These days, stories are more likely to end with: "So-and-So thought 'Lucky!' and shagged the spook."

Times sure have changed.

Nene
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The analogy of the last piece of cake ended up shooting itself in the foot, didn't it?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Nobody's ever gonna make me believe that this girl will ever have money problems.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I wish there were more comments... it seems there aren't many people here who appreciates this adorable series...

Gyaru, who started as a wannabe mean girl, is now quickly turning into a little Nikaidou. Love how she's absolutely confident that she can kick that rude guy's ass.

There's something I didn't get, though. Dude who bumped against Plainy called her "fat" and "gloomy" but never said anything about "smelly" afaict. How did Plainy start thinking that the problem is that she smells bad?

Nene
Image Comments 28 Jul 16:58
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018
Futomomomoe-624839-office_ladies_-_performance_review

Yes! Finally!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

He-llo? Evil Editor still alive, girls! Priorities!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Jejeje, coraje! Armarse de paciencia y esperar! Aunque lleve tiempo!

Al fin de cuentas, con la pandemia/cuarentena, tiempo para esperar es lo que nos sobra...

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Amusing how people keep talking about Tsuruta. Me, I was looking at Rika all chapter long.

As far as I'm concerned, this chapter is all Rika, Rika, Rika. Every stance, every gesture, every word she says, every cute face she makes. When she said "I wanna feel what it's like to be loved that hard, just once..." I was so moved I wanted to jump into the manga just to hug and comfort her. Sniff, Rikaaa, my sweet baby, please don't be sad!

Tsuruta? Who's Tsuruta?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

You mean get back to the scheduled murder of one Evil Editor (™) in a certain manga company?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Our Holy Bible, Yuri Hime.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

My prediction:

1) Akira goes to Mayuki and tells her that she has found about the kissing lessons with Rin. She says that she will be the one giving Mayuki kissing lessons from now on.

2) Mayuki totally freaks out -- because Akira is the one she loves, and she wanted to become a good kisser for Akira's sake! But since she can't bring herself to admit that, she accepts Akira's suggestion.

3) Akira has actually never kissed anyone in her life, and doesn't know the first thing about how to teach kissing. Thus, when the lesson starts, Mayuki (who has become pretty good thanks to Rin) ends up being the one giving a very thorough kissing lesson to a dumbstruck Akira.

4) The karmic retribution delivery boy says: "Miss Akira? One large order of humble pie for you!"

I believe this is how it's going to go.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

HANAKO YOU PIECE OF SHIT.

That was bratty and just plain mean. RIP her image as a serious, adult-like child.

Well now we know Sakurako's Dynasty account name.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

La cara de Sakura mirando a Chiaki en el último Suito-to...

"¿Y con esto es que el autor quiere emparejarme? Pero la rep*tísima madre que lo..."

Nene
Suito-to! discussion 19 Jul 16:20
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I don't get the impression Sakura romantically likes anyone. Well maybe Yuzu slightly after this chapter.

Not romantically... but if you join a fan club for one of your schoolmates, because you think she's SO beautiful and kind and perfect, there's no doubt that you are, in some ambiguous way that doesn't need to be romantic, crushing on her.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

HANAKO YOU PIECE OF SHIT.

That was bratty and just plain mean. RIP her image as a serious, adult-like child.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The part about how "carnage was avoided" made me think that, actually, violence is surprisingly rare in these manga. (Well, 'surprisingly' if we go by American-European standards, of course.) In a yuri love triangle, you'll practically never find a scene where a girl attacks her rival in love and tries to scratch her face or yank her hair off or something. Japanese people sure are civilized, huh?

Nene
Suito-to! discussion 19 Jul 11:43
Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The initial third wheel may be a more realistic romantic interest for Yuzu at this rate...

If you mean Sakura, she's kind of crushing on Momo. She doesn't care for Yuzu.