Forum › Posts by DY4Y

joined Jan 6, 2017
4wysq9

You can click on the "source" button in the upper right corner, it redirects you to the pixiv page of the image. Or on dynasty go to the author page and you'll find a link to their pixiv

DY4Y
Anime season 13 Mar 18:05
joined Jan 6, 2017

Well, the anime did tone up the yuri a little bit, but no. The novels continue to have subtext-adjacent stuff but they're not yuri. Laika is still her "little sister", Beelzebub is her "older sister", Pecora is her Class-S little sister, etc

joined Jan 6, 2017
116630101_p0

New YukiAri content in 2024? Hell yesss

joined Jan 6, 2017
Etbeythuuaa-f5y-orig

The Secrets of the Scroll short

joined Jan 6, 2017

Apparently, very few otoges have actually featured villainesses in direct competition with white lily heroines -- rather, that trope was something that the Angelique series used and had an outsized impact on the Japanese pop-culture at large.

Sadly that tracks with what I looked up as well. Still the biggest problem with this manga is that the isekai premise is...completely pointless. You could likely remove it and have to change very little to make the plot still work. This manga feels like it's another thing trying to cash in on the trend and adding little to nothing. Also as others have noted: The villainesses of these premises being just tsunderes.

I mean, the whole point of this manga is that it's gyaru x villainess, doesn't really work if it's not isekai since the gyaru wouldn't make any sense within this setting otherwise. And, as that last page tells us, the otoge part of that isekai is there for a specific reason as well. It's a simple and fairly generic reason but it's still a reason.

joined Jan 6, 2017
Vcream_unknow-1744184396649988246-img1

The caption in the source of this on Twitter reads 「ご成人おめでとうございます」("Congratulations for becoming adults") so probably

last edited at Mar 2, 2024 7:35PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

I generally prefer BoKita but this was cute. Also, I think I just want Bocchi to have a loving girlfriend more than anything else, homegirl deserves all the happiness in the world.

How about 2 girlfriends? (3.5 if we include Yoyoko and Ryo)

joined Jan 6, 2017

I need to say, i want Nanao losing,xd

it's less about wanting Nanao to lose and more about wanting the prostitutes to win. Hell, forget about Mai, just let Asumi's true love be the lesbian brothels.

Yes. Absolutely. It's even in the title

joined Jan 6, 2017

two chapters ago Yuzu's personality inexplicably switched

Did you miss that part where Kamiya forced Yuzu to stop bottling her feelings? It is a very explicable switch

Long buried feelings begin welling up once more

I didn't miss it, I just don't buy it as an explanation :P

Well, in that case you're just deliberately missing the point

Yuzu's character changed in the exact same way as Minami's did at the start of the series for mostly the same reason (forced to acknowledge their romantic feelings after being confronted with the possibility of their crush dating someone else) and before that they weren't at all thinking about the way they were behaving toward one another, Minami because she wasn't aware of her feelings and Yuzu because she was repressing them.

joined Jan 6, 2017

two chapters ago Yuzu's personality inexplicably switched

Did you miss that part where Kamiya forced Yuzu to stop bottling her feelings? It is a very explicable switch

Long buried feelings begin welling up once more

last edited at Feb 10, 2024 2:17PM

joined Jan 6, 2017
Rityulate-1738567907007967278-img1

The anime was a bit of a disappointment. It cut out a lot of fun stuff like Nelia wanting to make Komari her maid, the production quality was pretty shit, and it reduced a lot of good moments so they didn't really hit much (the entire finale for instance)

joined Jan 6, 2017
Slowrider88-1723353166886948987-img1

Well, a 4 person marriage is illegal so adoption's the next best thing

joined Jan 6, 2017

The implication seems to be that it's healthier because Nanao has feelings for her and their relationship isn't based on paying for sex, which sure, that is healthier.

Not really, there's nothing unhealthy about using brothels if you like it. If she wants to have sex with multiple partners and enjoys the relative ease of a brothel experience and is using her money responsibly then it's all perfectly healthy

They're being really intimate, and Asumi is still thinking brothels would indicate, if anything, that she has not become more emotionally vulnerable with Nanao.

Or Asumi could be fully in love with Nanao and still desire to have sex with more people than just her. Which is perfectly fine and honestly, regardless of who Asumi ends up dating (preferably Sayaka and/or Serina but sadly we're stuck with Nanao), that is the way this series should end.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Oh welcome back Mai. I'm sure she can rescue this trainwreck....

joined Jan 6, 2017
Xmyishipi-1622854717046161410-img1

It's red and black. What's not to love?

joined Jan 6, 2017

Oh my god they're...Italians!

I'm not 100% sure what this means but for some reason, this gave me the biggest laugh.

Italians will say things like "Ciao, bella" while they kiss you on both cheeks

joined Jan 6, 2017

I know yearning for the poly route is a yuri trope at this point, but come on. That's really the ideal endgame for this series, isn't it?

only poly? she should just get all the girls!

...That is poly

poly has a different connotation from "having a bunch of girls you can fuck whenever you want", the former being a relationship and the latter being the wet dream of some incel who still uses 4chan in 2023 and thinks Fuck Quest is peak fiction

No it doesn't. Every relationship that consentually features more than two people is poly

joined Jan 6, 2017

I know yearning for the poly route is a yuri trope at this point, but come on. That's really the ideal endgame for this series, isn't it?

only poly? she should just get all the girls!

...That is poly

joined Jan 6, 2017
Centuriic-1728408951497326598-img1

She's not using the press part of the French press so she's getting a mouthful of coffee grounds from that.

joined Jan 6, 2017
113471943_p0

Takina's blush is so bright I love it

joined Jan 6, 2017

^ Personally I'd take Cockney over Americæn any day.

This is like if an American scanlator wrote every line of dialog from every character like a rootin tootin cowboy lmao

"Beautiful" is the word you're looking for

joined Jan 6, 2017

^ Personally I'd take Cockney over Americæn any day.

joined Jan 6, 2017
Rityulate-1717896104736706802-img1

@Shina010615 Sucking each other's blood which is apparently the most intimate thing a vampire can do to another vampire

joined Jan 6, 2017
Chan_omy-1712986554342244832-img1

I believe it's from the new Fionna and Cake series

joined Jan 6, 2017
Maqy6wr36qs91

They did...