Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

kuroyurihime00
Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

this villainess is such a chad

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Eating her pie on a first date? Yvonne is a bold one!

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

No Villainess choices is really red falg as it just means whatever being is controlling it is just waiting to screw them over as hard as possible. Glad they were still able to make the most of the day even with the inconveniences.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Eating her pie on a first date? Yvonne is a bold one!

It was a steamy hot pie too, is- is that a good thing in that context?

Userpic-128-white
joined Jul 21, 2015

Vilainess System, the greatest yuri wingman

really good news if it doesn't... it really is the greatest yuri wingman for this story

Now I'm wondering whether the villainess system got fed up and decided to pick a new girl to order around that would actually pick the nasty choices

last edited at Apr 19, 2022 8:28PM

joined Mar 25, 2021

Vilainess System, the greatest yuri wingman

really good news if it doesn't... it really is the greatest yuri wingman for this story

Now I'm wondering whether the villainess system got fed up and decided to pick a new girl to order around that would actually pick the nasty choices

Only for that girl to become gay again

joined Nov 22, 2021

Just as I said, the misunderstanding only lasted until she explained where she got the tickets. No need for any long drawn out drama here. And the resulting good mood only brought them closer. ^_^

Where is your pfp from?

Bloom Into You volume 1 cover (or more specifically, clean version from the author's pixiv).

Thank you

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

The author said the story will be wholesome all the way through. With a bit of suspension thrown in; the type that will not lead to future angst.

last edited at Apr 20, 2022 2:36AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I wish they hadn't done the "eat the messed food" bit. It's so... old and tired and done to death.

For real, I wish they hadn't used such a silly (un)dead horse trope in a yuri manga that I like. There's no need to go there, dangit: Elsa is already head over heels for Evie and this for a long list of very good motives that have nothing to do with the old tired clichés of shounen romcom.

I went on a picnic for my 6 year anniversary with my girlfriend. Cooked food and everything. Some of the food got messed up in transport and she did something similar. It still made me smile and think how much I love her. So yes, it’s a trope, but it’s a good one, IMO, cause it happens and people can relate.

This chapter teaches us another important life lesson about relationships: it takes two to tango. Elsa did her best to protagonize the heck out of their date, but in the end, it was up to Evie to carry it to success, and all it took was just to reach out and to take a bite. You cannot make a date or a relationship work all on your own... but you can make it as easy for the other person as you can, and if they simply choose to reach out to you, everything will snap into place.

So no, I didn't find this scene trope-y or trite. Tropes are just tools, and this was the right tool at the right time, with Evie fully committing to making her relationship with Elsa work (even though, dense as she is, she still probably isn't consciously aware of it).

last edited at Apr 20, 2022 9:19AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

[...] she still probably isn't consciously aware of it

Certainly if you also read the added web novel context notes.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

[...] she still probably isn't consciously aware of it

Certainly if you also read the added web novel context notes.

Welp, as long as her Schwarzschild radius remains bounded by the dimensions of her body, we'll still have a story to enjoy. :-)

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

I think they do it at least once in every romcom in the shop. I have read some really old romcoms in my day, hetero for-boys stuff like from 30 years ago, and it's the second or third most used trick when they try to come up with a reason for the cute and popular girl to fall for the dumb nerd mc: she tries to cook something, messes up, but he eats it nonetheless and her heart goes pitter-patter for him. The only ploys that are even more commonplace are "she falls for him after she sees him feeding a stray kitten" and the absolute most popular "she falls for him 'cause one time he did for her some random everyday thing that was kinda nice" which ranks number one in all the charts.

I understand where you're coming from—and I have to agree, the youthful romantic comedies featured in shounen manga magazines are cringy beyond belief and they all seem to have every inch the same plotline done again and again. Worst thing is the hero always defined as a "nice guy" who gets all the popular hotties just because he's "nice" and that seems to be all the needed reason. The school beauty drops a pen, the hero was passing by, picks it for her and leaves—and she immediately starts thinking "oh wow I want to have his babies!" I call this kind of manga wish-fulfilling fantasies for incels. Incels who dream of beating the chads without putting any real effort, who think they're entitled just for being self-proclaimed nice guys.

Sometimes readers complain that yuri manga plots are unrealistic. Syah right, they make me lmao a lot. Next to shounen manga's romantic comedies, most yuri series read like Dostoyevsky. Even the ones who are self-satisfaction fantasies and not to be taken seriously.

last edited at Apr 20, 2022 4:01PM

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

I see, I see. It's good that after all this time she's built up a tolerance, huh? Otherwise she'd melt into a pasty goo at the sight of Elsa's devastating cuteness. Right. Ok.
... And she still doesn't get it?
I want to kick something.

I know, right? I also want to break things.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
How long till that dense dense thing gets a clue and kisses her Elsa?

joined Mar 25, 2021

The person Elsa likes is Evie?! No way who couldve seen this coming!

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

It feels… worrisome, in several ways, that Elsa’s traits are so Evie-centric.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

It feels… worrisome, in several ways, that Elsa’s traits are so Evie-centric.

Well, she is a romance-game protagonist after all, probaply a self insert one. So she kinda does define herself by who she likes

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Sometimes readers complain that yuri manga plots are unrealistic. Syah right, they make me lmao a lot. Next to shounen manga's romantic comedies, most yuri series read like Dostoyevsky. Even the ones who are self-satisfaction fantasies and not to be taken seriously.

Worst two things about your average garbage rom-com with male protagonist are:

1) He's really average or below average looking man with little to no redeeming qualities.

And yet for some reason every woman within 10 kilometers wants him, and is willing to go incredibly degrading lengths to make that happen, regardless of what their characterization should be, based on their age / education level / general personality.

It's way worse than reverse of this is in shoujo, there the worst problem is that all men are "perfect", more like gods than real people.

2) Harem aspect. Women may compete for a guy, but most of the time it stays unnaturally civil, and often even the most jealous woman will end up being happy to share with other competitors, even though none of them is getting any real satisfaction or attention from him. Nobody ever walks away from the competition either in anger after feeling rejected. They all stay in the plot, and sometimes are still after this nobody even when he managed to force himself to "choose one".

Yuri harems are rare, and usually lampoon the concept or make it seem more plausible. Like "She Gets Girls Every Day", where the protagonist is incredibly attractive and sweet girl, who arguably really could charm every non-straight woman she meets.

last edited at Apr 21, 2022 5:05AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Does anyone else think it is possible that Elsa is ALSO a person from the real world reborn into the game?

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Uncultured swines can't appreciate both, smh. I get the best of both worlds!

The sillier the better.

last edited at Apr 21, 2022 6:34AM

joined May 23, 2013

Worst thing is the hero always defined as a "nice guy" who gets all the popular hotties just because he's "nice" and that seems to be all the needed reason.

Compare this to the superior yuri harem manga Watamote, in which Tomoko gets the girls because she's a scumbag weirdo.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I wonder, now that I'm looking at the character details I notice Elsa's doesn't have her birthday on it.

joined May 1, 2015

Yvonne Smollett...
There is nothing "small" about her lmao.

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

I wonder, now that I'm looking at the character details I notice Elsa's doesn't have her birthday on it.

The eternal question of ‘is this plot relevant, or did they forget?’

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Yvonne Smollett...
There is nothing "small" about her lmao.

Yvonne Jugganorks is more accurate.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

The eternal question of ‘is this plot relevant, or did they forget?’

haha, yes exactly.

To reply you must either login or sign up.