Forum › Posts by elfcrisis

elfcrisis
joined Jan 25, 2021

UGGGH it's so nice to see more MariYuu (≧▽≦)
I think this chapter showed us more insight into their relationship and its really cute to see Mari getting some of that reciprocated love

also....that "ghost" kiss. Do you think that represents like even though we saw Yuu giving her 100% it still shows Mari's passion is stronger?....or is this just a representation of Yuu's desires?
or did I completely misinterpret that and Mari /actually/ kissed her?

I feel like she actually kissed her? They call it "a momentary opening." Mari saw an opportunity and kissed her, then plays it coy. She's feeling bold because the sniff made her realize her feelings aren't as one-sided as she thought they were.

She didn't kiss her, it was just Yuu's imagination. We had a big conversation over how to present this so it would be clear but eventually decided it just wasn't clear in the original. We were all confused at first and just had to accept that other people were going to be confused, too. Alas.

elfcrisis
joined Jan 25, 2021

The translation or typesetting, seems a bit... off, for ch287

How so?

joined Jan 25, 2021

It occurs to me that these fish can read and somehow that strikes me as pretty bonkers, despite all the other bonkers stuff about the entire premise.

elfcrisis
joined Jan 25, 2021

Are the chapter 282.4 "notes" official from the author?

Those are translator's notes, sorry for the confusion!

elfcrisis
joined Jan 25, 2021

The actual sentence is これエリ絶対好きだわ

Which, if you paid attention to context, means something along the lines of : Eli will definitely love this.

If I break down the sentence, it's:

"これ" = this
"エリ" = Eli
"絶対" = definitely/Absolutely
"好きだ" = Love
"わ" = wa, particle for emphasis (female speak)

When you translate Japanese, you have to pay attention to the context. The これ has the same meaning as "this" in English, which points to something close from the speaker. Here, she's talking about the muffins or the recipe. The current context. So, since she's talking about that, the rest of the sentence is obvious.

She's thinking about how Eli would/will definitely love this thing she just made. And so, she calls her.

Yeah that makes sense. We discussed it internally and came to the same conclusion, so we're on the same page. So to speak. Anyway, we'll publish a corrected version when we get the chance.

Thanks for the breakdown and confirmation!

elfcrisis
joined Jan 25, 2021

So she finally admits, that she loves that chicc thicc alabama jezabel?!

Now go eat already!!!!

No. The translation is completely wrong.

We work hard on every translation but it's also possible to miss something.

Could you give some details?

elfcrisis
joined Jan 25, 2021
Foxtrotfridays-1595438971407982593-img1

mmm, nice job on the Les Paul.

Er, the girls are super cute, too. c.c

elfcrisis
joined Jan 25, 2021
Notziegler-1524706528644657152-img2

I don't think Mumei and Kronii are actually asleep...

elfcrisis
joined Jan 25, 2021

26 is middle aged?

She was talking to her boss, the one who got her the gym coupons. Took me a second to figure it out. c.c

elfcrisis
joined Jan 25, 2021

Like all she said to say was, "Yeah I'm taking my neighbor's kid to see a movie." but that A N X I E T Y lol.

joined Jan 25, 2021

Whenever things start going well, I find my anxiety building at the absence of the villainess system. What horrible action will it force Yvonne to perform next? And now it looks like it's done something even more horrible! Like it glitched the heroine out of the scene entirely or something. Is it going to cause a reset to get things back on track??? ;.;

elfcrisis
joined Jan 25, 2021
97295473_p0

I read this to my wife and she was all, "Fuck a dragon? I'd be down with that."

elfcrisis
joined Jan 25, 2021

Yuu has Aqua on the brain? Or is Aqua-like? Makes me giggle either way.

The art in this is just lovely, it's got this dreamy quality all over the place and is somehow relaxing.

elfcrisis
joined Jan 25, 2021

What's a little cunnilingus among friends? :D

I was literally about to say this, hahahah

Also, I like the way her eyes clouded over in the last panel, like she was under a spell.

elfcrisis
joined Jan 25, 2021

Can an adult love a child or children in general In a pure and platonic way? Absolutely, just look at teachers or people who adopt each other as siblings. Is that what's going on with OL-san? No, no it is not.

She may not be sexually attracted to Koharu or children in general, but her love is strongly romantic and therefore inappropriate. Sorry OL-san, just because you're not a lolicon in general doesn't mean you're not a lolicon for Koharu.

joined Jan 25, 2021

I'm having trouble imagining Miko's voice when she's speaking perfect English, but this was still cute.

joined Jan 25, 2021

Really nice to see a story where the girl gets cuter /after/ putting on glasses.

elfcrisis
Image Comments 27 Sep 05:05
joined Jan 25, 2021
Okakoro

More recently revealed that they do, in fact, kiss a good deal in person. Korone like, "Hey let's kiss" and Okayu like, "k".

joined Jan 25, 2021

Thanks for all your work in translating this. Whether anyone else picks it up or not, I've really enjoyed it.

Best of luck at university!

elfcrisis
Image Comments 14 Aug 01:34
joined Jan 25, 2021
Wife

I don't know the setting or characters at all, so would someone be kind enough to explain what happened at the end there? o.o

joined Jan 25, 2021

"As you wish."

elfcrisis
Image Comments 28 May 19:02
joined Jan 25, 2021

There were tears, and they were mine.

elfcrisis
Image Comments 28 May 18:58
joined Jan 25, 2021
E0xbqucx0amg8f8-orig

The tentacle hug on Gura's arm, though...