Forum › Posts by rkkn

joined Jun 25, 2021

On an unrelated note, for as pretty as most of this chapter was, I couldn't help but think on this page that the pair looked like a couple of aliens XD. I think it's the glossiness of their eyes.

bottom panel of page 026 stood out more to me

joined Jun 25, 2021

I mean this is an entirely complimentary rather than critical way - holy shit, this did not need the supernatural element. The dialogue and characterization and expressiveness is so freaking good that even as somebody who rarely reads het romance, the hook provided by a gimmick was completely unnecessary because I was already completely captivated. This feels like it's in an entirely different class of quality than 95% of manga.

big agree. This was very impressive.

Also I wonder if that cat bag thing was also something supernatural. Blood on the bag and dude picked it up and carried it for several blocks without feeling that it's empty?

joined Jun 25, 2021

Are we ever gonna get a real hardcore villainess for these types of stories? Less "Oh I am just a misunderstood cinnamon roll" and more "You and your kingdom and your dog is going down" type of gal. It is easy to love a "villainess" with puppy dog eyes. Lets see how heroine deals with her feelings when her lover goes through soldiers like tissue paper.

if you look to korean villainess comics, while still the minority, you'll find a few that are much more on that side

joined Jun 25, 2021
Eus_ing-1645093387446669313-img1

that is the best thing ever. who drew that one?

joined Jun 25, 2021

Also,that kitchen is too small?,really now?

Me mum and her two sisters crammed into a kitchen that small before and cooked several dishes,and they didn't even have that convenient table to use.

She gotta step up her space management game.

hm, really?
Initially I was pretty confused about her kitchen complaints until I realized that one of the panels shows her mom's kitchen. In hers she's got... basically nothing, except a sink. No oven, and what I thought was a scale is probably actually her one burner. So she can't move it anywhere else while it's on. So that little bit of countertop there indeed has no space for a cutting board. But she does indeed have non-kitchen space she can make use of.

joined Jun 25, 2021

please apply blacklist to stuff on the front page side bar
specifically, the "Most Popular of Past 7 Days" section

joined Jun 25, 2021

looks like it's gonna be super het

more importantly,
did I miss something, or did we not get any background info on who this guy is and why they are meeting up?

joined Jun 25, 2021

what is up with that molesting scene? Is that normal? That someone getting groped doesn't think to just turn their head around and give the culprit a stern look. Just any kind of non-verbal "stop that" signal.

I suppose that it is indeed not normal, and the message being sent here is that protagonist is so starved for gender affirmation that she'll even accept getting molested.

last edited at Feb 19, 2023 2:40PM

joined Jun 25, 2021

"If I let go of the lolicon I'll die!"
is not a line I ever thought I'd see
I love this manga

joined Jun 25, 2021

mmm? chapter 0 they were... high school? or something. but then in chapter 1 they are fresh out of elementary school? Is this the main setting? when does it get back to the older timeline?

joined Jun 25, 2021

"lots of tentacles" -> only one page

joined Jun 25, 2021

haven't read it yet, but the cover art is beautiful

joined Jun 25, 2021

She almost let it slip. She said "ri..." and immediately stop. chapter 33, page 6. Eiter motokura say it and then stop, or somehow it is Maron who said it and stop. Someone says "Ri..." Remember Rina always address herself as a third person. People say "I go to ... but for her it is Rinarina go to..."

naw she was just gonna say "ah right"

last edited at Nov 26, 2022 1:51PM

joined Jun 25, 2021

I miss this. was great. needs way more

joined Jun 25, 2021

oh dang. things got a lot darker than I signed up for

joined Jun 25, 2021

I'm still following this, but I think it's impressive (not in a good way) that this story manages to feel really dragged out while being served only 4 pages at a time... and sometimes said 4 pages don't tell what is happening too clearly.

I want to like it, with cool art and all that, but it keeps falling short for me.

I feel ya. I am impressed as well

With each chapter, much of the time I'm left thinking "That's it??". Often covers very little and then jumps to the next day with the next chapter.

Gotta say I'm not feeling what you folks are. I don't really have expectations that a lot is going to happen in a 4 page chapter. If you took 8 of these chapters and strung them into a single 32-page monthly-manga style chapter, it would be a chapter where a bunch happened.

a chapter with jarring skips and gaps, yeah
I guess that's my issue with it. While the amount of progression per page is not slow, it's chopped up into many very separated scenes (usually each chapter is on a different day), and the amount of progression per scene is slow.

In most manga that have very short scenes like this, a lot gets packed into them such that there isn't any less going on than in a manga that has much longer scenes. That's not the case in this one, so it feels dragged out.

joined Jun 25, 2021

I'm still following this, but I think it's impressive (not in a good way) that this story manages to feel really dragged out while being served only 4 pages at a time... and sometimes said 4 pages don't tell what is happening too clearly.

I want to like it, with cool art and all that, but it keeps falling short for me.

I feel ya. I am impressed as well

With each chapter, much of the time I'm left thinking "That's it??". Often covers very little and then jumps to the next day with the next chapter.

last edited at Nov 13, 2022 8:36PM

joined Jun 25, 2021

yeah, the other one is inferior but still good. worth a read

joined Jun 25, 2021

Midorin is kind of adorable
too bad the TL on this is dead

rkkn
A Cute Guy discussion 28 Oct 03:40
joined Jun 25, 2021

this is one of the best things ever

coincidentally, I was recently looking for a good het femboy story. It seems to pretty much not exist. Femboys are always either gay or not actually femboys (trans girls).

last edited at Oct 28, 2022 3:51AM

joined Jun 25, 2021

more likely to be like the skirt lift incident. resolved immediately at the start of the next chapter and then forgotten

joined Jun 25, 2021

I love how the title at the top of the page gradually becomes more and more squished so that it all fits

Titles like this should be the only titles we ever get

big agree

There's also the fact that's really reaaaaaaaaaally hard to take this story seriously

well, you're not supposed to

joined Jun 25, 2021

that's really the end? a disappointing end. oh well
I guess you can kinda pretend that it wasn't the ice cream that was licked there at the end

joined Jun 25, 2021

I find it much more interesting that no one seems to acknowledge the horns as unusual (never mind that one is broken), does no one apart from Yvonne see it? The kid only remarked on the hair color, not the horn... Or is it just normal to encounter demons in this world sometimes and people usually aren't too bothered about that (but then why would Dahlia make such a big deal about hiding her identity?)

yeah, I was waiting for someone to mention the horns. even if just in passing? but... nothing. at all.

joined Jun 25, 2021

yuri isekai, and fantasy with adult protagonist are both pretty rare for manga, so that already makes it plenty enough non-generic for me

last edited at Aug 28, 2022 9:27PM