Forum › Posts by White Rose

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

i can't tell if i'm elated or more frustrated than ever

I'm elated. This manga has taught me to celebrate these small victories whenever I get them and not worry about the long term.

(I mean, look what happened with Haruka and Kanae: there's a chapter that ends when one of them gets a love letter from the other... and next time we see them, a zillion chapters later, they are already a couple. Would it have killed Kishi to show us what happened in between??? But that's all that was bestowed on us, so we better be happy about it and don't complain.)

last edited at Mar 2, 2021 9:36PM

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I missed that adorable Scottish accent. /not sarcasm

White Rose
Kill Switch discussion 25 Feb 18:25
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I was expecting the hate and I see I wasn't wrong.

MC is just like Maki from Liberty: soft butch with short blonde hair, cute, innocent, and a giant sub. She'd prolly be happy to sign a slave contract with motorcycle girl. And, as we've seen, she's ok with being slapped.

No surprise, then, that the crowd who hates Liberty would dislike this manhwa as well.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Ok that big bro is dead. cracking knuckles
Nao doesn't have to do anything. Someone point me in the direction of Toudai, I'll take care of things. ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'̵͇̿̿з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Haruki: "It feels like I'm doing something really messed up."

LOL Ya think?

I'm usually not a fan of emotional-trainwreck yuri, but I'm kinda loving this one. I just hope the "who's a good person" readers don't blow a gasket trying to identify the admirable moral center character in this situation.

(❋⊙‿⊙❋)
Blastaar-san, did I mention that you write the bestest posts? 'cause you do.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I've heard about Girls Gone Wild producers practices of isolating girls and pressuring them into doing things they don't want by waving money in their face.

That's like... the definition of Gay for Pay ?

It's more like the definition of capitalism.

Guy with dough pressuring people into doing things they don't want (like work for him) by waving money in their face. Do it, you get the green. Don't do it, you can't pay your bills. (Let's see how long you survive without home and food!)

Sex work is mainly different in that it pays about five times more than an average job.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I LOVE IT!!! Glad to see it here finally

Wowie I finally read all nine chapters. You're right, it's so good!!!
I love middle or high school stories as much as anyone else, but I wish there were more college life yuri manga. Listening to vinyl records (Kraftwerk!) in your dorm room while drinking absinthe or Brewdog's IPA, then having a drunken lesbian orgy, hell yeah!! It doesn't get better than that!
(Ok so the chapter ended before the orgy but one can imagine, right???)

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

If it has a long metal blade and cuts, it’s a sword. Not a good sword, mind, but a sword.

I'm down with that, but there's no way that thing is made of metal. It's obviously a cardboard sword. The guy who said he had "forged" it was full of shit, he was just trying to look cool in front of Nikaidou.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I've heard a lot of "compensated dating" in Japan is in fact like that? $100 is low for any actual sex in a developed country.

I've read many manga with girls doing enkō, and the accepted standard seems to be two strawberries for one sexual date of 90 minutes at a love hotel. Dunno if it's reality in fiction or just a generally believed trope.

(The "two strawberries" thing is slang: it means 30,000 Yen. Strawberry in Japanese is "ichigo" which sounds just like ichi-go, or one-five, and since 15 x 2 = 30... well, you get the idea.)

last edited at Feb 9, 2021 8:21PM

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I'm a bit confused by "a new coat with thick dark fur."

In this chapter, the only coat with thick fur is, I think, the one Kyouko is wearing when she kisses that blonde woman. But it doesn't look dark at all; it's either white or a very light color.

If there's a symbolic meaning in "a coat with thick dark fur" I'm not getting it.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

So wholesome.

I'll fight anyone who says this isn't wholesome.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

So Lin Luxi and Zhao Yan are both lesbians and know about each other?

And it's more or less safe to assume (judging by Zhao Yan's reactions) that they don't know of any other gay girl in their school — besides them?

This is a So, Do You Wanna Go Out, Or? situation. (⁰͡ ͜ʖ⁰͡ ) Zhao Yan says she and Lin Luxi are besties but I wonder if they ever considered start dating and see what happens? (⌒.-)

last edited at Feb 7, 2021 11:53PM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

And this is supposed to be a real story from the author's school years?

I disbelieve. (rolls dice to check)

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Tong Tong's mom gets the Mom of the Year award.

Heck, give her the Best Mom Ever award too, since we are at it.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Everyone deserves a second, third, fourth, fifth chances, right?

You made me laugh out loud with this comment. Well done! (⌒▽⌒)

Indeed, when you put it that way, it really looks like Mio is letting Shizuka walk all over her... like she should dump a lover that keeps screwing up no matter how many new chances she's willing to give her...

It comes to show that you cannot summarize a complicated relationship on a few lines and actually cover the whole gamut of subtleties underlying it.

Eagerly waiting to see how their sexy abduction purei turns out. (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

White Rose
Image Comments 26 Jan 16:07
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018
Erxlxqyvcammttm-orig

Minran, thanks for the explanation!

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Just imagine if comedies posited unrealistic scenarios as part of their setup—there would be things like one sloppy person and one over-the-top neat freak being roommates, or a male actor disguising himself as a woman to get more acting jobs, or a random group of tourists on a three-hour boat tour being shipwrecked for years on a tropical island. Stuff like that.

It would be so unrealistic.

The horror.

Thank goodness we do not tolerate such barefaced fiction in our comedies.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Is it just me, or Hanna is another isekai'd girl — one who also played the game in the real world, and went for the "normal" hetero heroine route?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

God's in His heaven, all's right with the world.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

That special moment when your otp becomes canon...

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

MC be like okay but where's all the kinky H-doujin stuff? am dissapoint

Normally a baby lesbian who gets her kicks from being dommed & humiliated would be played as the perverted comic relief.
It's refreshing that in this story she's the level-headed protagonist.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

The Japanese Miss Worlds 2015 and 2016 were both multiracial (half-AA and half-Indian respectively), and the place is far more diverse than anime and manga initially suggest.

Are you sure Chika Nakagawa is multiracial?

I suspect you are thinking of Miss Universe Japan 2015 and Miss World Japan 2016 -- Ariana Miyamoto and Priyanka Yoshikawa, respectively. These two are, indeed, multiracial beauty pageant titleholders.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

^ I swear I saw this comment over an hour ago. Did you somehow screw up the space-time continuum?

Lol, resend accident.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

It's all fun and games until his friends have their first period. I imagine they will be far less grateful to MC when that time comes lol

Well yeah... I reckon that's why Cloy552 wondered if they'd still be happy after a month.

Cute manga girls don't have periods.

Check the tag and you'll see: six entries in 29,000 deal with menstruation.