Forum › Posts by White Rose

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

And she wants to somehow make amends. This matters a lot, by my book. I hate the notion that when you grow up and become an adult you have to forget all the things that happened before because it was just unimportant children silliness. You know, like those assholes were saying in the chat? Thx god Tianli doesn't think like that.

I agree with you and I'm extremely glad that the author is making a point of conscientiously and resolutely rebuke that moronic notion. You find a lot (in comics or films or tv shows) characters who have been hurt or bullied when they were kids and still carry the scars as adults, and everyone tells them "What, you're still sore about that? You pathetic loser. It was just children stuff. Get over it. Grow up." It makes me so mad. It's basic textbook that repressing childhood traumas wrecks you as an adult and takes you straight to the divan of a psychiatrist.

And you thought the author was making a point of it last chapter...

I liked chapter 48, but I didn't like chapter 49. Too heavy-handed.

If an author wants to push an author's message, there are better ways than this.

last edited at Mar 4, 2024 3:18PM

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

“You gotta change something so that everything stays the same.”
-- Lampedusa, Il Gattopardo, 1958

I wasn't expecting a quote from Il Gattopardo here. A person of culture, I see. (ღˇ◡ˇ)b

The quote originally mocked so-called progressive politicians who make a big deal of cosmetic changes and actually help protect the establishment. I guess it can be applied to the plot development of certain works of fiction.

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/c7cd2894d234213b1deee4cacda3065ea600a27f9adecd7d32eb58e942b43998.jpg

Jajajajajaja, "amiga"...

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

What's with this wholesome internship business?

Where's my raunchy scandalous sex?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Poor Hinoka. I wonder if Tsukushi realizes she has just hurt her horribly.

I wonder if she realizes Hinoka can only take her attitude as cold rejection.

Probably not.

White Rose
It's You! discussion 04 Feb 22:20
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I just looked at the Yuri Crush tag description and this is what it says:

Tag › Yuri crush

Also known as Schoolgirl Crush

Soft feelings of amorous interest in another girl, as pure as a lily is white.
A feeling present mostly in young adolescents - often triggered by bear print panties, handsome women, or a case of mistaken identity.

For instances in which a non-yuri story features some form of yuri crush. Should not be used in any story with a yuri tag. When an entire story's narrative revolves around one-sided yuri love, use the yuri tag instead.

If Yuri Crush must not be used in any story already tagged as Yuri then somebody made a mistake when they tagged this oneshot.

Also, wth they mean by "triggered by bear print panties"??? Is it a reference to some yuri manga where something like this happens?

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

People talk about Groundhog Day. Bah. I'm a bit irked that nobody seems to remember Been There, Done That. This manga's plot has much more in common with that Xena episode than with the film, as in both cases (the Xena & Gabrielle story and the manga story) it's a suicide because of thwarted love that brings about the time loop.

The murder of Otome is a definite possibility ONLY if the plot goes the comedic way and the two mcs start trying to break the time loop by doing every random crazy thing they can think of — thus repeating the loop again and again hundreds and thousands of times... but I daresay that's not where the author wants to take her characters. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I lol'ed at the pinnacle of sloppiness that is Xiaoen in the last panels, sprawled on the sofa, texting. Poor parents, that's not what you want to see when you look at your unmarried 27-year-old daughter. (⁀ ᗢ⁀)

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Yay Akiyama Haru! I loved Octave and Brides of Iberis, and I know I'm gonna love this one!

So far poor Kon has had a horrible time, having to put up with the humiliation of repeated failures at finding a job, haunted by memories of her evil mom's constant harassing, peppered with insults and abuse by a scumsucking rapist-wannabe... but we know everything will be ok because Ai, her knight in shining armor, has just arrived to rescue her! Right?

Right?!?!?

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018
Gimmie20dollas-1697926477587648710-img1

Just concede and give in to your inner demons again.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I keep thinking the title refers to Sakura's total lack of boundaries.

I've always thought it's because everyone else keeps pushing at her boundaries—getting her to be ok with more and more closeness!

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Page 7 gave me a little scare. All previous pages were dedicated each to an established romantic couple—girls who are dating now or who (we all know) will be dating in the future. Then page 7 came and there's Kaoru linking arms lovingly with... Honoka. Σ(꒪ȏ꒪) Eep!

Remember y'all, this is a character guide, not a couple guide. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Are the chapter 282.4 "notes" official from the author?

Those are translator's notes, sorry for the confusion!

That's why it has "Character Guide by the Chads" in the name, lol.
The parts that start with "From Kishi-sensei" are by the author himself and thus official. The rest is translator's notes.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Golden Orchid is really spoiling us with all the Chinese yuri they are releasing lately.
Thank you so much! ( ꈍᴗꈍ) ~♡

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

ZORRA-CHAN!!!!!!!
Nobody expected her but she's arrived!
I can't believe Tracy Hu just decided to drop this bomb on us. If there's a yuri work I was certain would never include a Zorra-chan in its cast, it was this one. And look now.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I'm so glad Golden Orchid is releasing new chapters of this! <3

According to a Chinese source there are 15 chapters so far... so there's still a lot of goodness to come, yay!

Oh and I lol'ed hard at Xiaoxing'd perspective drawing of the school with a huge sign "CITY PRISON" and a small note "this sign to be deleted later" hahaha.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I bought the book.

I can see why! I love the art to bits! <3 The story is entertaining, the dialogues are lighthearted and the characters are funny, but for me it's the art that carries the story along. The soft, delicate touch of the artist makes every scene enjoyable.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I haven't laughed this hard reading comments in a long time.

Same here. I came to the comments section thinking "Knowing the peeps in this forum, I bet I'll found a hysterical chorus screaming transphobia!" I wasn't disappointed. ¯⧵_( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

I loved this manga so-o-o much! ♡ I give it 98 out of 100 points. The two minus points are because:
1) Why was Yuma there, right on time to save Sayori from the predator? It's too big of a coincidence! It makes me lucubrate weird theories... (like "Was Yuma stalking Sayori?" or even "Did Yuma paid the guy to scare Sayori just so she could play hero?")
2) Where's my sex scene?!?!? I wanted ten more pages with them fucking like rabbits and then becoming girlfriends!!! Yukiko, I swear...

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

¿Están leyendo Mi Querida Enemiga? Espero que sí... porque sino se están perdiendo algo muy bueno, jejeje, por la misma autora de That Time I Was Blackmailed By the Class's Green Tea Bitch.

Enlace:

https://lectortmo.com/library/manhua/75694/mi-querida-enemiga

¡El traductor español sacó al mismo tiempo todos los capítulos del 11 al 29! ¡Hay para disfrutar mucho! (⁠♡⁠ω⁠♡⁠ ⁠)⁠ ⁠~⁠♪

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Oh wow, the Spanish scanslator of this lovely manhua has just bulk-released all chapters from chapter 11 to chapter 29. Those who understand Spanish are in for a treat.

https://lectortmo.com/library/manhua/75694/mi-querida-enemiga

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I can't believe that, after 7 chapters, there haven't been enough comments to fill even one page.

What did this poor manga do wrong? ^_^;;

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

If anyone continues this asinine argument, I will ban them without hesitation.

At last.

Maybe now we'll be able to go back to our discussion of VE without trolling or flaming or bitching on unrelated matters.

Thank you, id=3! (⁀ ᗢ⁀)~♥

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Reading them one after another is like reading a short yuri oneshot! It starts when Kaoru honeytraps Hibiki when she's at her lowest, shows how they start going out, their festival date, the problem with Shizuka, Hibiki finding about Kaoru's unfaithfulness and Midori's spectacular rescue of Hibiki (purely by accident teehee) from Kaoru's clutches! No wonder we all thought Midori x Hibiki was official after this!

Looking back, Hibiki is the second biggest flirt in the manga (after vamp Kaoru). So far she's had episodes with Kaoru, Kanae, Midori and Nao, to say nothing of a boy or two. And we still don't know where's her endgame!

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Nao, Onibi, Mask, Kaoru, Hibiki and Midori

I like the way you listed them, hehehe, I see what you did there. (⁰͡ ͜ʖ⁰͡ )

Nao x Onibi x Mask x Kaoru x Hibiki x Midori

Every one of these "x" has had scenes and moments that seemed to imply it was a possibility—and the pairing tags for the chapters confirm it!

Kishi-sensei loves teasing the hell out of us, doesn't he?
Oh well... ¯⧵_( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Everyone is entitled to their tastes so they're right to express their views. But you know what's not right? Personal attacks and insults. That's bad and wrong. It's against the rules as well.

And yet it happens a lot in this thread. The last time we discussed Kaoru, and it turned out that most of us don't like her, a couple of dudes (Kaoru fans) went hysterical and started hurling abuse at all the other commenters. Some people can't tell fiction from reality; they don't get the difference between reviling a fictional character, or a situation in a comic, and attacking a real person.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

AAAAAAH great chapter! Kohana got patpatted on the head and then got to eat Harukaze's homemade food!! They are getting closer little by little!!!

And drunk Kohana worrying that she can't be a yome anymore was too kewt, hehehe. Don't worry, silly girl, Harukaze will make you her oyome-san.

Daphie always picks the best mangas to translate! (⌒◡⌒)~♥

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I'm surprised nobody asks what they're gonna do about sex now.
For me, that's the main question.

The one big problem with Nanase x Yuni, as it's been extensively discussed before, is that Nanase doesn't seem to have any desire towards Yuni's body. She's a teenager, full of raging hormones; she got herself a cute girlfriend; she should be desperate for time alone with Yuni, to hug her and touch her and kiss her and fuck her! But nope, all they have done for the last six months is exchange texts. Oh, and greet each other at school if per chance they meet. That's it. No weekend dates, no secret trysts, no quality time together, nothing. And Nanase was a-ok with this.

Now that they're back together, will Nanase suddenly find that she has a sex drive? Or is her idea of being a better girlfriend taking Yuni for strolls at the park and gifting her flowers and bonbons? And a sisterly kiss on the cheek from time to time?