Forum › Posts by White Rose

White Rose
Yuru Oyako discussion 27 Nov 20:41
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I love how elegantly the problem was solved.

Indeed, the whole issue of marriage between parent and child is a problem only if you think about it in Westerner terms (going to a church, asking for divine blessings, all that stuff). If you think about it in Japanese terms, marriage is not different from adoption: someone who wasn't in your family register goes to the city hall with you and enters your family register — and from that day on, you're family. Thus there's no need for a family member (a child, a sibling) to marry you: you're already like that since the day you were born. Brilliant!

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

"Asumi-chan wa rezu fuzoku ni kyoumi ga arimasu!" es otra que está más adelantada la tradu en español que en inglés. El título quiere decir "A Asumi le interesan los burdeles lésbicos" o algo así. (Con un título como ese dan ganas de contestar "¿¡¡Y a quién no!!?" lol lol)

https://lectortmo.com/viewer/934a906c48d9b3a0c8cc60abdd701de4/cascade

Aquí el capítulo 3.
Esta vez, a diferencia de los dos anteriores, el argumento no trata de Asumi que alquila a otra nueva chica del burdel para tener sexo. Esta vez el argumento es que Asumi se quedó sin dinero por tanto pagar prostitutas lesbianas en los capis anteriores (y ahora no tiene ni para comer) así que debe conseguirse un trabajo para llenar de nuevo la billetera. Por supu que el trabajo que consigue también es en el mundillo del lesbian entertainment de Tokyo (como no podía ser de otra manera, jeje).

Entre esta serie y "I Wouldn't Mind Being Loved" de Amano Shuninta estamos de parabienes los que nos interesa el tema de los burdeles lesbianos. (⁰͡ ͜ʖ⁰͡ )b

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Knowing usui shio, this will be quite the ride

So what do you predict the future holds for these two?

White Rose
Image Comments 22 Nov 15:25
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018
Tumblr_164576317241

Insuline plz.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Hehe, is there actually a proper word? Timothy Sly once wrote an interesting article on that subject. I'll paste it here:

The eternal problem is the exasperatingly euphemistic nature of polite English discourse. Simply put, we do not have a correct term for such a place. Not one.

“Toilet” denotes the act of cleansing/washing. So do “lavatory” & “washroom”, but no mention is made of the real reason for the visit. “Bathroom” would be valid if we needed a shower or a soak in the tub. “Powder room” suggests a place exclusively reserved for adding talcum or scented corn-starch to one's skin. “Ladies' room” or “men's room” is curiously evasive about what these gender-overconfident folk actually do in there, to say nothing of the folk who identify with other categories included in the LGBTQ spectrum.

“Rest room” is even more obscure from any accurate label; one wonders who actually enters such a facility to enjoy a rest. “Water-closet” hearkens back to early days of flushing in Britain, and it is getting close, but “public convenience” could equally apply to a drinking fountain or park bench, neither of which would invite excretorial emissions in their proximity.

“Loo” dates even further back to the 17th century when contents of “chamber pots” (yet another rich topic for euphemistic debate) were flung from upper floors onto the street and it's unfortunate occupants. The cry would go out “Guardez-l'eau!” (watch out for the water), followed by the unsavoury contents being unceremoniously hurled upon passers-by. “L'eau,” became “Loo” to the local denizens, and thus it evolved into the current meaning.

Even more confusing to overseas visitors is the reference by older British people to “I'll just go and spend a penny!” This of course refers to the cost of one penny to enter the door of the stalls at that time. Men were mostly able to avoid this, representing an early form of gender discrimination.

The “bog” was a term much beloved by schoolboys, and may have reflected the squelchy nature underfoot.

The French at least are to be congratulated for one terminology in as much as “la pissotière” was nothing less than a public urinal on the sidewalk of the busy street in which the heads and feet of the usually male occupants were still visible to those passing by, but the purpose of the facility as its name suggests, was not in doubt.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Yori is a little bit too dense. Kinda makes suspension of disbelief difficult.

Not even a jock like Kase-san would screw up this much.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

¿Se acuerdan de Iwami Kiyoko? Es la autora de Luminous=Blue, una artista extraordinaria, sus dibujos de mujeres son fabulosos. Ella ganó hace poco el Concurso de Novelas Gráficas Yuri "Eikyuu Shoujo Shinkou" con su manga "Sore wa Shoujo no Zettai Jouken" que dsp fue publicado en el último YuriHime. Es un oneshot largo (50+ páginas) y el tema es de fotografía como en Luminous=Blue, jejeje se nota que a Iwami le gustan los romances entre fotógrafo y modelo.

Que yo sepa, nadie lo había traducido a ningún idioma... hasta ahora. Acaba de ser traducido al español con el nombre El Credo de la Chica Eterna! Tumanga link:

https://lectortmo.com/viewer/d54d766e762f5a02a74830fb79282a6b/cascade

Advierto desde ya para que dsp no me puteen: es una historia seria y madura, no esperen azúcar, mejor preparen desde ya los pañuelos.

last edited at Nov 21, 2020 1:43PM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

There's only one thing to say in situations like these: "It's just normal."

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Rin is some kind of angel.

The body language says it without a doubt. d(´∀`)b

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

"Por vos, shusheta, cana, reo y mishiadura
Se hicieron voces al nacer con tu destino.
Fuiste compadre del gavión y de la mina
Y hasta comadre del bacán y la pebeta."

Jejejeje, me encanta el rioplatense, tiene un sonido inconfundible. Cuando una dulce colegiala va a visitar a su sempai, y la sempai la hace sentar en la cama, y de pronto se inclina sobre ella y la empuja hacia atrás, y la colegiala se imagina que su sempai está por hacerle algo pervertido y sexual... y la traducción de sus pensamientos dice: "Esta mina me quiere coger!!!" looooooooooooooooool me gusta mucho como suena. ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^ )

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Les dejo una dirección. "Sol Azul" es un grupo que traduce yuri al español:

https://solazultrad.wordpress.com/

Muchos de sus proyectos son originales, por ejemplo se acuerdan de 'Satou-san is on the Left' que fue traducido al inglés hace poco? Ya había sido traducido por Sol Azul dos meses atrás.

Lo que tiene especial es que es un grupo rioplatense, basado en Argentina (o en Uruguay, no estoy segura), y todo lo que traducen está en español rioplatense, que los que lo conocen saben que tiene modismos y palabras muy propios. A mí me gusta, tal vez a otros no.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Gracias!!!!!! \(ᗒ▽ᗕ)/

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

"No dad in my place, I live with my mom. Yeah, just two women living together."
"Same here! Just me and my mom. That's the life I know: two women living together."
"Oh wow! We're like foreordained to yuri, aren't we?"

White Rose
Yuru Yuri discussion 10 Nov 10:31
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Ikemen Kyoko! She steals kisses from you under the pretense of removing crumbs from your face! She looks so serious and cool you just can't resist her!

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

But, in the American version, the strip of paper had this written on it in big characters:

---- DEFEAT ---- DISASTER ----

--------DESPAIR----DOOM--------

--------------------- Sorry, kid! -------------------

Am I a person of bad taste if I think this is really amusing?

Yes! You are! (⌒.-)=★

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

It’s hard to “agree to disagree” with someone’s opinion when that opinion depends on:

• Ignoring or hand-waving away multiple examples of specific evidence from the text itself.

• Ignoring or dismissing what the text itself says about labels on relationships or about how people show affection for each other.

One of these days, when I have the time, I'm gonna compile a list of all the times one of them, Kasumi or Sakurako, said something that can only be explained in a context where they are lovers. Not chaste friends, or platonic girlfriends, or sister vestals: lovers. Like when Kasumi suggests she's ok with making out as long as it's not in public. Or Sakurako asks Kasumi to sit on her face. Or the many times Sakurako wonders if Kasumi will make her pregnant, and Kasumi tsukkomi-replies that it doesn't work like that. Oh, speaking of which:

Whee! They keep coming! :P

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

So maybe it's going in the direction of both editors having a say? It would feel weird to just now drop the "evil editor" altogether.

I feel the same way. If the old editor tries to sabotage the work of the new editor, Nikaidou would have an excuse to go against him without making trouble for the publishing company. The new editor would shield Tadokoro, so no problems on that side either. I think there's a chance it goes this way.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Indeed. The second approach is the traditional one in fan-translating, and originated as a reaction to the gross excesses of rewriting that happened in manga released by American publishers. SAD was at first one of the TL-teams who worked that way, sticking to the original texts almost word by word, but recently they have started taking some liberties to make the dialogues flow better and the reading experience more enjoyable. I see it as a proof of maturity... and the results so far (WGO, I Wouldn't Mind Being Loved) have certainly been impressive. In the end, imho, it all boils down to this: domestication/localisation in translation is something better left to the loving fans who really care about the original; they are the ones who can and will do it right. (Again, this is imho, and ymmv, m'kay?)

Haha, I remember when American publishers first started releasing ecchi manga in English.

In those olden times, they didn't translate the dialogue: they did a complete rewriting from scratch. Like, they took the pages with the Japanese text cleaned off, they got someone to provide them with an outline of the plot, and then they wrote something completely new, trying to make it as quirky and zany as possible.

I remember one issue (in the ST series, if I'm not mistaken) where a guy went to a shrine and prayed that his love life would become less complicated.

You see, he was banging a lot of nymphos, but he was tired of it: he wanted to have a normal romance with just one girl!

So, after praying, he got an omikuji at the fortune lottery, to find if his wish would come true. When he checked the strip of paper, there was (of course) the kanji for Big Bad Luck... meaning that his wish would not come true!

But, in the American version, the strip of paper had this written on it in big characters:

---- DEFEAT ---- DISASTER ----

--------DESPAIR----DOOM--------

--------------------- Sorry, kid! -------------------

This is what I call going too far with the localisation: sacrificing everything specific to the original for the sake of a joke. This is what fan translators rose up against when scanlation became a boom. But SAD's work has nothing to do with this sort of exaggeration; it's unfair to blast their work when it's a completely different can of cookies.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I also don't like it when they act like they have to say it out loud to make it real when they have been macking on each other for presumably more than two months now.

It's a Japanese cultural thing. It's reality in fiction, and it's extremely common.

I've watched doramas where a guy and a girl have been living together for years, they have sex every day, they are in everything like a married couple... and then one day, bam, big conflict: she asks him to say loud and clear that he likes her!

That's right, he had never said it before! But she wants to hear it! Now!! She demands it!!!!

To which he reacts with utter shock and bewilderment, and totally panics! And when he eventually calms himself, he stutters something along the lines of: "It's difficult for a man to say that kinda stuff. You gotta give me a few more years to mentally prepare myself!"

Japanese culture is a culture of reading the context and reading the atmosphere, where you regularly imply things rather than stating them in an explicit way — and trust the other party to get your meaning without further clarification. In manga and tv shows it often leads to hilarious situations when someone tries to do this "imply not state" thing to a kuuki yomenai character who can't get a clue even if it's driven into their skull with a hammer.

Shiine and Ichika have a lot of this in their relationship.

They first kissed as a sort of test, out of curiosity.

Then one said that they should keep kissing every time they had a chance, and the other said okay.

Then, after a long time of this, one suggested that they should become friends, and the other said okay.

Then, again after a long time, it looks like Shiine is finally ready to say the words: "I love you!" Good for her! It took long but it didn't take years, lol.

It this seems extravagant to you, keep in mind that it's been only 10 regular chapters. In "Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki" Chiaki needed 42 chapters to drop formal address and finally start calling Hana by her personal name. And even now she still keeps denying that Hana is her romantic partner...

White Rose
Image Comments 06 Nov 14:37
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018
Ekraw6cxkaavpmb-orig

These girls sure are flexible. I'm so jealous...
Btw, I'm pretty sure the black-haired one is not "Masako" but Misako.

Also, Kyoko and Yoko are looking into each other's eyes, and Kyoko is winking and emitting pink hearts. Very suspicious. I smell netorare.

White Rose
Weird Love discussion 06 Nov 14:22
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Komichi has a knack for putting her foot in her mouth with every little thing she says.

A normal gf would have been scared away after ten minutes of that.

Luckily for Komichi, Mai is NOT a normal gf, lol.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

It's like she was looking at walking garbage.

A strong feeling of disappointment can make your face like that, I guess.
Poor Hana.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

No traigas drama de otros hilos del foro aquí. Sorry for bad spanish but maybe it's needed.

last edited at Nov 7, 2020 10:39AM

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I don't remember BugDevil as denying those two? The closest thing to that that I saw BugDevil do is deny your pet peeve that they already got laid off screen.

It's mildly amusing that you call the idea that these two are lovers "my pet peeve." There are many, many people who write in this forum who think that way — like Blastaar, Nene, Heavensrun or anim8tur, to name only some of the most active. If something is a fandumb pet peeve, it's your pal's idea that they are chaste. Or his universally mocked notion that Sakurako is an unearthly beauty — don't get me started on that one.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

It's the same with Sakurako and Kasumi: they live together, sleep together, never showed any interest in boys, have already decided to buy a house together & live happily forever like a married couple... and we have seen them kissing and doing other sexy things too!

Oh, but they never adopted a kid, so perhaps in their case that's the missing part of the equation?

Whut? There are people denying Those two? Where? They are literally the least useless lesbians, period.

There were some guys like that in the Futaribeya thread. However, the most vocal of them got a permban (he went one bigoted commentary too far) and the others have been rather quiet since then.