WTF?

What the fuck?

What the fucking fuck?

My thoughts exactly.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Lmao i was expecting a negative reaction, this is gonna be good

joined Jan 11, 2014

I get how Ruriko feels. She's convinced that Kurumi doesn't love her romantically, or in a special way. She's convinced she values their interaction more, that it's skewed and one-sided, and swore to take this to the grave. So being kissed by Kurumi, especially whilst the woman is drunk, feels callous. She's thinking "Oh no I'm taking this way to seriously and she's just doing this because she's whimsical and independent and feeling it in the moment but not actually deeply in love with me the way I do her." Her knee-jerk reaction to GTFO makes sense. Also like, regardless of how she feels about Kurumi, it makes sense to react negatively if someone sprang a kiss on you if you aren't ready for it, which Ruriko isn't cause she's yknow, unrequited requited gay yearning.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Ok, never been in love or anything with a straight girl or someone who I was sure didn't like me back...but do people really slap others outta surprise? Like, what? I have backed away and pushed people away, but not slapped anyone. It just has never happened to me. Anyway, if irl, I'd like her to leave, one hit, I'm out, but since this is manga...let us see how they will solve this and talk about their feelings already!!!!

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

RURIKO YOU IDIOT THIS WAS YOUR BIG CHANCE

joined Aug 21, 2017

I get how Ruriko feels. She's convinced that Kurumi doesn't love her romantically, or in a special way. She's convinced she values their interaction more, that it's skewed and one-sided, and swore to take this to the grave. So being kissed by Kurumi, especially whilst the woman is drunk, feels callous. She's thinking "Oh no I'm taking this way to seriously and she's just doing this because she's whimsical and independent and feeling it in the moment but not actually deeply in love with me the way I do her." Her knee-jerk reaction to GTFO makes sense. Also like, regardless of how she feels about Kurumi, it makes sense to react negatively if someone sprang a kiss on you if you aren't ready for it, which Ruriko isn't cause she's yknow, unrequited requited gay yearning.

Nice analysis, I agree with you.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

We're no longer Useless Lesbians

We're now Destructive Lesbians

last edited at Jul 14, 2023 11:53PM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

lots of people who aren't turbovirgin lesbians hopelessly in love with straight friends for years over and over in this thread complaining about the slap

@Yasako LOL YUP MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. Like jeez have you never had totally repressed emotions for someone you shouldn’t like even with LGBTQ+ modern day?

What jarringly specific circumstances necessary to apparently opine on this.

Like, yeah, people have different experiences. Some people literally can't be in similar situations, and reading about them/discussing them/ posting about them is one way to be shown and process them.

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

How can she slap!?

HOW CAN SHE SLAP HER!?!?

canihavekith
142220480_1294910914226700_370792848566403998_n%20(2)
joined Feb 3, 2021

NOO BUT ALSO YES BUT ALSO NO BUT ALS-

joined Nov 22, 2019

She couldn't of just....pushed her a way?

joined May 3, 2014

it’s more dramatic with a slap since it HURTS phisicaly with the emotionaly pain

joined Jul 21, 2020

it’s more dramatic with a slap since it HURTS phisicaly with the emotionaly pain

It's a pity she's so drunk. If she was sober, she would sit there for a few seconds, shocked, then she would walk to Ruriko's room and demand an explanation.

Communication would ensue.

But, drunk as she is, it's a sure bet she ain't gonna do it. She's gonna do something stupid, irrational and dramatic; anything but the common sense thing. :/

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

It's a pity she's so drunk. If she was sober, she would sit there for a few seconds, shocked, then she would walk to Ruriko's room and demand an explanation.

joined Mar 25, 2019

Angst means development. I see this as an absolute win.

Feather
joined Feb 4, 2017

That slap sobered her up and made her absolutely miserable. Ouch.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Ok, never been in love or anything with a straight girl or someone who I was sure didn't like me back...but do people really slap others outta surprise? Like, what? I have backed away and pushed people away, but not slapped anyone. It just has never happened to me. Anyway, if irl, I'd like her to leave, one hit, I'm out, but since this is manga...let us see how they will solve this and talk about their feelings already!!!!

My ex was not straight by any means but she did react react badly the first time I kissed her by surprise. Granted that my timing was also really bad but still. I got an earful not long after the fact.
So yeah, that happens. It's not something that's completely out of the ordinary.

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

come the fuck on rofl

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

Love your analyis there. Hate how there is so many negative comment about these two. I am rooting for them so bad,they just need to actually confess TvT

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Love your analyis there. Hate how there is so many negative comment about these two. I am rooting for them so bad,they just need to actually confess TvT

I obviously can’t speak for others, but I suspect that a lot of the negative comments are from people who also are “rooting for them so bad”—we first see their clinch from the side, so it looks like they actually are, or might be, kissing, then we switch around to see it’s a kiss on the cheek followed by the slap. IOW, our hopes are raised to the highest point then completely dashed.

It would have been possible to frame that sequence completely differently so as to remove that initial misdirection about how that kiss was being delivered and how it was received.

joined Apr 14, 2022

IOW, our hopes are raised to the highest point then completely dashed.

In other other words, just like Ruriko! Ruriko had a brief moment of hope before being utterly crushed by her interpretation that Kurumi was just fooling around while drunk. Funny how the forum denizen's vehement reaction to disappointment almost perfectly mirrors her own kneejerk reaction.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

IOW, our hopes are raised to the highest point then completely dashed.

In other other words, just like Ruriko! Ruriko had a brief moment of hope before being utterly crushed by her interpretation that Kurumi was just fooling around while drunk. Funny how the forum denizen's vehement reaction to disappointment almost perfectly mirrors her own kneejerk reaction.

I don't think anybody is complaining about Ruriko reacting negatively to the kiss. Reacting negatively to the kiss makes sense in context.

I think people are reacting specifically to the fact that her negative reaction included physical violence.

I'm 55 years old. I have never slapped anybody out of shock/surprise in my life. It's completely foreign to my way of thinking. I can't imagine doing so in that context unless I thought the other person was a genuine threat to my physical well-being.

So when I see Ruriko slap Kurumi, I don't think "Wow, Ruriko must have been really pushed to her limit." I think "Wow, Ruriko really needs to work on her impulse control." Which is probably not the reaction the mangaka was hoping to provoke.

last edited at Jul 2, 2023 6:44AM

Looking East
45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Oh no!

Girl, you done f*cked up.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Oh gosh, I nearly cried when she slapped her. What a thing to do, and with no conversation about it afterwards. This is all the steps back. I wouldn't be surprised if Kurumi doesn't come out of her room for a while now.

To reply you must either login or sign up.