Forum › Posts by Nekomancer47

Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

Almost thought the prostitute never got naked for some reason since she’s fully dressed again like seconds after they finished

Nekomancer47
Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

You know what, I just realized I don’t really like any of Mikanuji’s characters, actually. They all kind of suck now that I think about it.

The only ones that are fine are the mangaka and her editor that play games together in the other series. The rest all have this weird, unrelatable edginess to them, unrealistic drama they make for themselves, and for the most part kind of shitty attitudes/personalities that I just can’t really seem to vibe with at all.

Kinda disappointing since I like their art and do want to like their stories and characters. But even as someone who’s fine with and can enjoy flawed/“bad” characters, Mikanuji’s just don’t seem very well written to me.

As another person wrote above, it feels like Mikanuji’s just trying to be the next Kodama Naoko.

Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

Aggressively gay and honest

Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

Edit: That was just her fantasy right? if so then its not bad

Yeah, just something Yuuna was imagining.

Which is a nice moment of irony since she was telling her girlfriend earlier that there’s no reason to get scared of anything fictitious or imagined since it’s not real, yet when she imagines herself and her girlfriend in the position of the characters in the movie, she becomes terrified at even the prospect of losing her girl in such a way and realizes that fiction can indeed induce real terror.

Nekomancer47
Rough Maker discussion 21 Nov 11:54
Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

Haven’t even read Bloom Into You, and I kinda love this pair. Nice, relaxed dynamic, and it’s clear they’re very comfortable with each other. Almost reminds me of the two from “So you wanna go out, or...?”

last edited at Nov 21, 2020 1:17PM

Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

Maybe a controversial opinion, but black haired girl seems pretty damn selfish and cold hearted to me. Actively says how great it is to be with her girlfriend, yet still hangs suicide over her head so casually. Feels like that would put a ton of unfair pressure on blondie to try to keep her alive, consciously or subconsciously. Can’t imagine how draining it would be for BLONDIE to have to put up with someone constantly going like “hey, which do you think would be quicker? Noose or jumping off a building? Teehee!” Just seems generally insensitive to how she might be making blondie feel, despite supposedly caring for her.

That being said, if blondie hasn’t properly expressed how much black haired girl means to her, then maybe black haired doesn’t truly know how much she’s actually loved and valued. Maybe that would make her reconsider her stance on life and actually want to stick around a bit.

But idk, this was too short to really explore more in depth than that, I think. Would’ve liked to have seen more, looks like a thought provoking premise just nipped too early.

Nekomancer47
Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

would pretty much be perfect if there was no smoking

what do you have against smoking ?

I find it disgusting and it takes away from a character's value. This is just my opinion of course.

Wow. I mean, I’m not a fan of smoking either, but this seems a bit extreme to me, especially in regards to fictional characters. Not sure exactly how it “takes away from a character’s value” to have a bad habit/vice like that. There are a lot worse things that (fictional) character could be doing instead to “devalue” themselves.

To be fair though, as you said, that’s just your opinion, and that’s totally fine. I guess I’m just confused cuz I just can’t really see where you’re coming from with all this.

Nekomancer47
Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t care for the art style.

Really? I think the art style is quite good actually! Maybe not the absolute greatest I’ve ever seen, but it’s nice.

Softer, rounder faces, and there’s something really expressive in the characters’ eyes and mouths. And the hair is just nice, I especially like Kokono’s hair for some reason.

It’s a bit different, but it’s nice. To each their own, though, of course.

Nekomancer47
School Zone discussion 16 Aug 19:08
Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

Boo-fucking-hoo.

Such a short and simple comment, yet I have never agreed with a sentiment quite so much.

Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

I'm pretty at starting series on chapters that don't give away too much information. I came in at chapter 10, skimming through, wondering where the creepiness was, and thought it was some sort of SoL manga, then I got to the end and was like, "What's going on here??" That made me read chapter 11, and reread 10 all the way through and then go back to the beginning. I didn't know why they weren't talking to each other, what kind of relationship they had, or who spread their picture around. Although, I did notice the glasses girl in the background in 10 or 11.

I mean, maybe you’d be less confused if you read chronologically and started at chapter 1 instead, but you do you...

Nekomancer47
Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

Oh it's Neji not very found of this author

Why?

Nekomancer47
Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

Damn, that was a LOT of saliva! These girls be messy af

Nekomancer47
VAMPEERZ discussion 20 Jan 11:15
Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

Idk why, but I keep imagining Yanyan with Gilbert Gottfried's voice, like that parrot from Aladdin.

I hope you do too, now.

Nekomancer47
Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

This is really interesting so far, but there's this undercurrent to it that I can't quite place, but makes me worried.

Yeah, I got that too! I think it was around when that old lady was talking about her friend passing away, and our MC mentioned she had never thought about that kind of thing before and she was worried her gf might disappear someday.

I don't really think the story will go in such a direction, but like that moment alone and the general "too relaxed that it's eerie" vibe makes me feel like some bad thing could pop up out of nowhere and totally throw things for a loop...

Nekomancer47
Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

Did you really have to respond to a week old pissing match?

Sure, why not?

last edited at Nov 2, 2019 8:39AM

Nekomancer47
Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

Nezchan posted:

Y'all aren't owed any sort of explanation for why someone feels the way they do

Nope, but when they make a big deal in public about it, they're entitled to ask.

You mean forums are actually for discussing topics and not just dropping your opinion and bailing on the thread? Wtf.

Right--evidently the proper reply to the question, "Could you tell us why you think this is shit?" is "You're not the boss of me."

Never asked that though, jumped immediately to insults, I don't entertain ppl who insult me.

Thumbs Down
Your replies have gone down hill.

Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

This makes my heart the big heart

Nekomancer47
Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

"Wanna be friends?"

rolls Persuasion: Natrual 1

"No."

"Alright. How 'bout girlfriends then?"

rolls Persuasion: Natural 20

"Okay."

Nekomancer47
Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

Man, I do love this manga. It's really wacky and the art style is cool.

But...every chapter just makes me feel so frustrated with every character besides Lucas. I just feel so bad for him, putting up with everyone's shit despite trying his hardest to help and keep everyone safe. Yet he just gets kicked around. And, yeah, he's sort of a pushover, and I guess the whole point of the manga is to feel bad for Lucas, but still. It's just so brutal, back to back, every chapter...

Still enjoying it and gonna keep reading it, but poor Lucas is like the Squidward of this story: a sort of stick in the mud, but the only real rational and sane person among a bunch of crazies that keep stepping all over him.

Nekomancer47
Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

I think this deserves a "What the fuck am I reading" tag.

Nekomancer47
Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

People NEVER change

Who hurt you?

Nekomancer47
VAMPEERZ discussion 21 Apr 18:05
Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

This first chapter seemed decent enough to me I suppose, but after reading some of these comments I'm getting a little worried. What's the issue people have with this author, exactly?

Nekomancer47
Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

Love her Splatoon shirt

Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

Wow, didn't think so many people would like this. Personally, I really wasn't into it at all. I know it's a 4-koma and all, but the relationship made no sense and moved really damn fast. The characters barely felt like characters to me, and what little I did know about them didn't endear me to them at all. Main shy girl is oblivious and innocent to the point of being roped into a relationship in literally seconds with a complete stranger, yet she claims she loves her anyways. The delinquent girl is literally a rapist who seems to have done this with other girls in the past, even developing a liking for when her targets protest against her advances. I don't care who someone is, rape and sexual assault is not okay by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm no saint so even if someone tries to swear that shit off I could never forgive them. So many people are saying it's cute, and yeah, it's a short little comic that probably isn't meant to be taken too seriously or anything, but it's all so creepy and frankly disgusting to me.

I'm not trying to shit on anyone who does like this story. If you do, that's completely fine and I respect that. But to me, this was honestly a chaotic train wreck. Maybe I am taking this a bit too seriously, but that's just how I felt.

Nekomancer47
Img_4398
joined Sep 8, 2017

It has confirmed yuri ending. MC is comicsexual anyway.

Thanks for the confirmation!