Forum › Posts by Akiji

joined Jul 21, 2020

The cishet men readership of yuri manga: not the target but it's there.

I don't know what the point of overstating it like this is.

Didn't you read Zeria's article? The point is that there's a fuckton of people out there who claim that yuri is made for the MALE GAZE. And it's a BIG FAT LIE!

This discussion has made it abundantly clear that the vast majority of yuri is created for girls by girls. Men can read it if they feel so inclined, but they're not the target segment.

joined Jul 21, 2020

^ I kind of had guessed that you were one of the few men in the forum, and now I've confirmation.

joined Jul 21, 2020

I don't think rainbow8 posts political rants in every manhua thread out there. He's just one of many, many people who seem to have an obsession with China and jump at chances to bring up their political ideas in a thread. "Oh, this GL manhua reminds me of the evils of communism, let me explain, blah blah blah." And if they are told that what they are doing is WRONG, as they're polluting a thread about yuri romance with political prattle, they reply with:

Engaging in a discussion about history and giving facts is hardly "babbling".

Or other such garbage which ignores the issue, to wit: no one cares about the nature of your rant, only that you're ranting in the wrong place! Go to a political forum to debate whether your tirades are factual or stinking propaganda!

This is a problem that keeps growing. In the MDL thread, not too far ago, some guys compared the PRC with Hitler's Reich and started posting pics of nazi camps and Jewish victims. I can't recall if rainbow8 took part or not (all the messages were deleted). When OrangePekoe told these guys to stop they were indignant and talked about negationism! In the end people were banned and the thread was thoroughly purged. I wonder if perhaps a rule should be made to specifically bar anticommunist speech from manhua comment threads? Just to make moderating and moderation calls easier.

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

Nao, Onibi, Mask, Kaoru, Hibiki and Midori

I like the way you listed them, hehehe, I see what you did there. (⁰͡ ͜ʖ⁰͡ )

Nao x Onibi x Mask x Kaoru x Hibiki x Midori

Kaoru x Hibiki??????? wtf have you been smoking?

As far as I can remember, Kaoru was all about Shizuka for a long time and then her interest switched to Mayoi. I don't know at which time she could have gone after Hibiki. Rereading the series from the beginning would be needed to perhaps find something but it's a lot of work.

IIRC, when she first showed up, Kaoru was hitting on Hibiki. It was our first clue that Kaoru was a player.

https://dynasty-scans.com/pairings/hibiki_x_kaoru

Thank you so much! Your post is exactly what we needed, all of us who have been discussing for two days if Kaoru and Hibiki went thru some kind of romance or not.

Sniffle I'm so moved that there are still people in the forum who want to talk about Virgins' Empire, instead of ranting endlessly about ethical wrongs and the civil rights of pixels.

You're going to laugh at me: I actually had myself the idea of searching for a tag about Hibiki and Kaoru... but I searched for Kaoru x Hibiki, not Hibiki x Kaoru. Doh. I guess I've internalized the Japanese way of tagging couples, active seductor always first and passive seduced second. No wonder I didn't find anything.

So their flirt spans four chapters? Good to know. Imma off to reread 'em and refresh my memories!

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

Let me emphasize that point: this is an attitude towards men in fiction and has nothing to do with real world behaviors and real world people. One should be able to tell reality from fiction. Some writers in this forum have an inordinate amount of trouble with that.

Expressing revulsion at a simple act of intimacy between two people in love because they happen to be men is exactly the same kind of abuse that lesbians routinely suffer at the hands of patriarchal society. I don't really care what someone's justification for their bigoted behavior is. If you treat people poorly because you've been traumatized, that makes me sympathize with you, but it doesn't make the behavior any more acceptable.

Thx goodness she said this was about fiction not people! rotflmao

But at least you illustrated her point: some writers in this forum can't tell reality from fiction. Indeed they can't.

You should launch the PJLM, the Pixel Jumbles' Liberation Movement.

last edited at Sep 9, 2023 11:00PM

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

Kaoru x Hibiki??????? wtf have you been smoking?

I'm almost sure that Kaoru and Hibiki had a thing at some time... I'm almost 100% sure as memory tells me that... just don't ask me to give chapter and verse.

joined Jul 21, 2020

You don't want an exact copy of you, you want someone to complement you.

I'm reminded of a humorous cartoon I saw in a journal: some guy who had a face just like Groucho Marx was getting married, and the bride in a white gown who stood next to him also had a face just like Groucho Marx.

The caption read: "Narcissistic? Who? Me!? How dare you!"

last edited at Jul 19, 2023 2:04PM

joined Jul 21, 2020

I think Jiang might be a little bit somewhere in the autism spectrum. Perhaps.

joined Jul 21, 2020

She couldn't of just....pushed her a way?

it’s more dramatic with a slap since it HURTS phisicaly with the emotionaly pain

It's a pity she's so drunk. If she was sober, she would sit there for a few seconds, shocked, then she would walk to Ruriko's room and demand an explanation.

Communication would ensue.

But, drunk as she is, it's a sure bet she ain't gonna do it. She's gonna do something stupid, irrational and dramatic; anything but the common sense thing. :/

joined Jul 21, 2020

You understand why it took me 9 months to do that chapter, lol.

It's never pleasant when something you're working on is shat on at every turn.

I'm sorry about that... but keep in mind that this is also a way to appreciate a good story. Seriously! ^_^

Some stories are all about fluffy love between nice people, and everyone will squee and claim the story is like happiness balm for the soul. Some stories are about bad guys who gets punished for their evil deeds, and everyone will feel schadenfreude at their misfortune. Some stories are about good girls who are victimized because the world is mean and unfair, and everyone will go "Aww poor baby!" on them. And some stories are like this one, and make the readers so angry they call for torches and pitchforks and death and blood. That's okay, too! As long as the story doesn't leave you completely indifferent, it's a job well done.

joined Jul 21, 2020

I have also seen absolutely nothing in this series that would in any way constitute a retcon; nothing of what has happened has been in any way changed by the later chapters.

First chapters Mai is a completely different character from final arc Mai.

Mai changing due to her experiences, whether we like it or not, whether we agree with it or not, does not make it a retcon. It does in no way invalidate the events of the early chapters. Do you even actually know what the word retcon means?

Do you even actually know who you're talking to? It looks like, of the half a dozen people who refuted you, you've lost track of who's who and just lash at random.

This is what happens when you made your story into a tangled mess of retcons and you can't tell anymore what the feck you're writing.

A classic screwup. Happened a lot to Rob Liefeld, if memory serves me right.

joined Jul 21, 2020

I have also seen absolutely nothing in this series that would in any way constitute a retcon; nothing of what has happened has been in any way changed by the later chapters.

First chapters Mai is a completely different character from final arc Mai.

joined Jul 21, 2020

https://mega.nz/file/07Jm0aTJ#JqHr9ulNyIBIFMeExTMmZvjfRPnNTco8GT8IztI2Wak

cough cough Enjoy and yes I made an account here just to share it.

We're all very grateful! Thanks for sharing!
And yeah, I agree with previous comments that said that the sounds of Sayaka x Asumi making love aren't exactly right for relaxation. I don't think listening to this will make me relax. But otoh it definitely has, uh, other utility. (cough cough)

joined Jul 21, 2020

So many chapters at once! We're so blessed! Thank you, Black Rose!

joined Jul 21, 2020

Too little too late.

It was kind of weak tbh.

Like I get it but c’mon. There must have been better ways to handle the situation with Ayaka. But yeah, sucks to work in Japan, especially being gay. Big oof.

And even if you're not gay, sucks to be a career woman. "Only way for a chick to get this far is humping the bosses!" Seriously?

joined Jul 21, 2020

the Yuri edition of Spy vs. Spy have arrived

(naive eyes) Eeh? But we don't know for sure if she's an agent too!

joined Jul 21, 2020

Yuki is sweet but god I'm getting so much of a Risa vibe from her.

Best message so far! XDDDDDD
Risa's character has been examined, analyzed, scrutinized and vivisected to the tiniest detail in the AIILWH section of the forum. I don't think any character has been reviewed so exhaustively before. So yes, I agree with you in that Yuki has the same vibe: she's a good one, she's in love with Nanase, and it's not gonna work because Nanase is in love with a toxic person and has no room in her heart for Yuki. Sucks to be her tbh.

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020
106680942_p0

Looks delish.

joined Jul 21, 2020

This post is very disturbing, the author seems to wish for a nuclear war and the extermination of billions. It disturbed me, at least.

Also, perhaps more relevant, the post continues the discussion on English language (that Cogito mentioned before) after moderation stated it should stop. This is the Mod Note by OrangePekoe asking for the end of that discussion; NARESH4444 posted hours after that—and also triggered new replies.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Was this plotline axed? I get a feeling like somebody told Sal Jiang to rush through this arc and move to the next posthaste - to try and salvage the story.

Didn't work very well then lmao. One more vol and it's over.

joined Jul 21, 2020

I remember a guy, he once wrote that a certain girl from a certain manga, if she turned real, could seduce any man in the real world. Any man. They would all be powerless to resist her and simply had no chance against her. This made a lot of people very angry. Questions were asked: "What about married men, would they forget their love and break their commitment? What about gay men, would she convert them? Was this girl the cure for homosexuality? What about celibates by choice? What about Catholic priests? What about...?" The guy replied in a huff that when he said "all men in the world would" he of course meant "all men except those who wouldn't" and we were all stupid for not reading his mind and getting that. After several comparable gaffes, always blaming others for his mistakes, he was banned from the forum.

Write clearly. Reread before posting. Mind ambiguity. Remember implied is not the same as stated and context is not the same as text. Don't expect other people to intuit your meanings. Say exactly what you want to say, in no uncertain terms; no more, no less. And if you fail, accept your responsibility; don't throw the blame onto others.

Great message, excellent advice. Will it get through to the people who need it, that's another matter. But don't feel bad, you did your best.

joined Jul 21, 2020

ah Risa, you really deserved the W but you're not getting it, yeah Ayaka just isn't into you which sucks but. I hope Risa gets a W by the end of this, there's so many other lesbians around Risa and they'll love you I just know it.

How about Ms. CEO who told Hiroko to go kiss a duck?

joined Jul 21, 2020

It's extremely mean, and unfair

Risa is a fictional character. She'll be okay.

This comment is dumb. Really. Dumber than dirt in a box of rocks.

Eh, it's just words in a forum. Vankomycin'll be okay.

last edited at Jun 16, 2023 7:14PM

joined Jul 21, 2020

The order of uploading has me a bit confused. It went from 9 to 16 and 17 and now they uploaded 10? And there's even a extra 15,5 somewhere in the middle?

Is this a conscious choice by the uploaders, or did they hit a snag? Am I missing something?

joined Jul 21, 2020

"Gay people don't exist IRL haha."

That blondie wasn't very well informed about the things in life.