Forum › Posts by Eggon

joined Mar 25, 2019

People talking about Akira and Satsuki but really the unresolved conflict is the one they have with their dads.

joined Mar 25, 2019

She's literally Shai Hulud

joined Mar 25, 2019

It makes me really happy that multiple people read Yuhki Kamatani's manga because I recommended it here :D That series is one of the rare ones I've sought out physical copies of to have displayed on my bookshelf because it means so much to me.

Here's hoping this manga can be half as good? The second chapter only establishing "this wasn't a one time quirk" is a little disappointing though, of course it wasn't a one time quirk or we wouldn't have a story, we just learned something we'd assume to be true already. Aren't there more interesting questions you could focus on with this story author-san?

what in hell is that even supposed to mean?
like did you learn up until now in life that what you find interesting ain’t the same for others?

Yes, I am aware that there's plenty of people out there with minimal to no standards for fiction who would be happy with a chapter that's just spinning the plot's wheels, congratulations on being one of them if that's you. However, I am entitled to have my own more complex preferences that are different from (and superior to) yours, such as not wanting a story's pacing to stall out as early as chapter two.

This newest chapter was better. There's something that feels very off about the pacing but I suspect that's intentional, as they're deliberately attempting to speedrun finding closure to lifelong hangups. The talk of "lingering attachments" feels like they're thinking of themselves as ghosts even, which is fascinating.

adjusts glasses
"Heh, nothing personal kid my tastes are just too complex for you"

joined Mar 25, 2019

As much as I like this development for Komachi, it's 100% a retcon, right? Absolutely nothing indicated she was excited to talk to Satsuki in the first chapter, the opposite seems to be more true.

joined Mar 25, 2019

Chapter felt shorter than usual. Anyway, I don't think any amount of backstory will save prez as an antagonist really. He just doesn't have that spark you know? He feels more like a nuisance than an actual threat even after the Zeus kill.

Man if they had made someone like Tokiko as the antagonist it would be super awesome. I think someone who is very unempathetic and almost has zero regard for human life is a more compelling foil to Satsuki. The opposite of love is indifference or something along those lines. Her curse would be a better way to handwave the amount of potential deaths than the prez's Wile E. Coyote plans. Satsuki's ideology would still be challenged, now she has a foe who is causing all these deaths but is not really culpable and at the same time completely indifferent to the impact she has to those around her. What does Satsuki do to stop this? Can she just follow the Tokiko around for the rest of her life or will she finally break and kill her even though Tokiko isn't even guilty? She can't even be sure that it actually is Tokiko that's causing all the deaths.

Right now Satsuki's main challenge is outsmarting the prez. The story tries to present it as an ideological battle but really it doesn't work. The prez's ideology can work in concept as a foil to hers but the way he implements it is absurd and completely untenable. If he were to have his way, it's more likely the school would be shut down instead or he'll get caught setting up a piano to fall on someone or something.

Oh and the VP is dying 100%, calling it now. This chapter is an obvious death flag. Villain's stoic sidekick gets a tragic backstory chapter? She dead.

Also, I called it so hard. Except the VP dying part.

joined Mar 25, 2019

The Walk to Death cinematic universe is real yall

joined Mar 25, 2019

Wait if the exorcist new Michiru when she was young why didn't she say anything to her when she went through that window? Or even react at all? Throughout the excorcism she didn't act like there was anything special with Michiru or that she knew her at all until the very end.

joined Mar 25, 2019

Hilarious lol. Really earning the comedy tag with these last few chapters. I'm interested in finally seeing more about Komachi though, so that'll be fun.

This series abandoned logic since ch 1, she jumped off a roof to perfectly hit a falling billboard and was mostly unscathed. It's always been Conan tier shenanigans. It's all about the drama and the yuri baby.

joined Mar 25, 2019

October 18th??? Wake me up in 2 weeks

joined Mar 25, 2019

Dynasty readers and taking things way too seriously. Name a better duo.

Eggon
joined Mar 25, 2019
G_witch_m-1675421047527739393-img1

Are people saying this?

Literally the comment that started this chain. Scroll up.

Eggon
joined Mar 25, 2019
G_witch_m-1675421047527739393-img1

Many people in this site are really fixated on sexual tension to validate a romantic pairing when it really doesn't have to be that way. The show simply isn't very sexual (unless you count Secelia's mere presence sexual). You can see it in the het pairings too, they didn't have any sexual tension either. Norea and El5n, Petra and Lauda, or even Guel's crush on Suletta, these are clearly romantic (it's a more ambiguous with El5n and Norea because of their extraordinary circumstances but I think it's pretty clear that the show is trying to convey it) but there was no sexual tension at all. The closest we have to anything sexual is El5n creeping on Suletta. It's just how the show is, you could call it prude sure, but Sulemio completely falls into what this show categorizes as romance.

This doesn't mean the characters are ace either (god the absolute shitshow everytime there's an ace pairing on this site), some relationships in media simply don't explore the character's sexuality and that's completely fine. When you watch "Inception" or some shit, do you question that Leo and his wife's relationship was romantic just because there wasn't any explicitly sexual scene? And if you walk away from Ep 17 thinking, "Ah these 2 are just platonic" I have no idea what to say to you.

Ask yourself this and answer honestly, if these two were a het pairing, would there be any doubt that their relationship is romantic? I just "love" how if we were watching a show like SAO, there would be no question that Kirito would end up with Asuna from the very first scene they are together but if the pairing is gay we second guess even when they are married.

The show IS most definitely rushed though. Just another season would've made it a truly great anime I feel.

last edited at Jul 6, 2023 4:17PM

joined Mar 25, 2019

Angst means development. I see this as an absolute win.

joined Mar 25, 2019

There's something so nostalgic about this art style. It makes my heart ache.

joined Mar 25, 2019

I'm locking in my prediction. Satsuki saving Komachi that first time is the catalyst for all the corpses, universe wants Komachi dead LiS style. The endgame is Satsuki will have to confront her "save everyone" worldview, she'll have to choose between sacrificing Komachi or risking everyone else. It's gonna be interesting to see what the author wants to say at the end, should Satsuki let go and accept death or is it better to keep raging against the dying of the light? So far her obsesssion with saving everyone has not been presented in the best light.

joined Mar 25, 2019

What's with the dogs? They show up everywhere

joined Mar 25, 2019

Catelyn Stark ass motherfucker just sat there next to a kid's corpse

joined Mar 25, 2019

Feels like a blast from the 2000s. Not a bad thing though, it's nice and done pretty well so far.

joined Mar 25, 2019

Good thing they didn't go for that first draft lmao

joined Mar 25, 2019

Just kiss already dammit

joined Mar 25, 2019

I would bet money that if the story ended with them not being ace but just as abrupt there would be whole lot less salt in the comments. Seems like some of ya'll are just hiding behind the abruptness when in reality your problem is with asexuality. At least people like motormind has the self awareness and the guts to straight up say it with their chest.

joined Mar 25, 2019

Bro lots of people on Dynasty hates aces seems like. Everytime they appear it's always a trainwreck in the comments. Empathy isn't in abundance around here I guess.

joined Mar 25, 2019

Fuck dude the mom chapters weren't a lot but it's super relatable and human. Someone else said that this series has a way of taking tried and true or even cliched concepts but somehow conveying it in a fresh and really relatable way and I agree completely. I think the final chapter is a bit too short and neat, it could've used a few more pages especially the final confession but not a whole chapter. I also think the lightheartedness in the "Yay we can communicate" scenes undercuts the emotion a bit too much.

joined Mar 25, 2019

I just realized that the only explicitly gay character is dead

joined Mar 25, 2019

Satsuki rn is that "the world is an unjust and cruel place, OMG Akira" meme