Forum › Posts by Ehhhhhhh

joined Jun 17, 2021

What a weird Mother.
I'm not even mad that romance didn't make an appearance here.

joined Jun 17, 2021

Awww, poor girl.
Mitsuki is losing cool points. Even if she's beautiful when playing sports.

joined Jun 17, 2021

Ooh. Some advice that can be applied to more than one thing.
Thanks for being so wonderful, uncle.

joined Jun 17, 2021

Only if it means the two of them will sleep in the same room finally.

joined Jun 17, 2021

Hmm. Doesn't that seem like Satou's perfect job? Time to get married and let the wife have that job.

joined Jun 17, 2021

Looks like next time they'll actually talk.

Hmmm. Maybe?
Or, maybe Aya is just going to take her opportunity to get to know Mitsuki better without letting on that she knows she is also the "oniisan" she knows outside of school.

joined Jun 17, 2021

If that's how you feel about it you are welcome to that, but from my perspective I think anyone should be allowed to lie about their gender, or rather than say lie, I don't think anyone has a right to demand to know your gender.

It's not a question of "rights." Mitsuki has obviously not committed a literal crime. What she's done is (a) deliberately misled another person (b) in a way she knew, or should've known, would cause them great pain if they found out (as we saw happen in this very chapter) (c) purely in order to preserve this pseudo-friendship pseudo-romance thing she had going on with her. What precise information Aya had a "right" to know about is irrelevant. Mitsuki hurt her. She did a mean thing. She should apologize! (And I'm sure she will.) And that's all I have to say about this.

If you take it upon yourself to make assumptions about me and cause yourself some emotional, mental, or other harm by doing so, it is not my obligation to apologize for your self-harm caused by your assumptions. It is not a "mean thing" done to others by not correcting their assumptions. Especially if you don't know if you'll be safe if you do so. The only person responsible for the thoughts and assumptions you come up with in your head is you. So the only person who needs to apologize for making assumptions is the one who made them, not the one they were made about.

This is ridiculous. Everybody makes assumptions constantly in everyday life and we require them to function. When I go to McDonald's, I assume the guy behind the register wearing a uniform is the cashier and is gonna take my order, nobody in the history of ever has asked that guy, "Hey sorry, are you the cashier?"

Sorry to say but 99% of the time assuming someone's gender works fine IRL and people do it constantly. Even if someone isn't gender conforming, they must be aware of this. Even the term non-binary in it implies the existence of the binary. Mitsuki is not wrong because she's not disclosing her gender, she's wrong because she knows that Oosawa thinks that she's a dude and is deliberately letting her keep thinking that she is one for her own benefit.

Phew. I thought this was closed as of the last few chapters, but since it's still ongoing, I need to say what's on my mind.

The issue here is not that Mitsuki has not disclosed her gender. It's that Mitsuki has not disclosed that the "two" people Aya knows are actually just one person. At-school Mitsuki is basically spying on Aya under a different identity. Whether she started doing it intentionally or whether it's because of Aya's assumptions is beside the point. She has concealed not her gender, but her identity so that she can interact with Aya as two different people. (whether she originally interacted with Aya at school or not is beside the point, she is listening in on conversations that aren't as vague as Aya thinks they are because Mitsuki has insider information.)

Ehhhhhhh
joined Jun 17, 2021

Kozakura needs hugs. And better friends.

And true that, shes still traumatized and they dont give a shit

Kozakura isn't exactly a great friend herself.
And she seemed to be kind of traumatised before they even met her, so it hasn't really made a huge difference in their relationship.

joined Jun 17, 2021

Baha, the heated discussion on fashion now is just reminding me of the complaints about how there are so many comments on this manga.

There's just so much to argue about, lol.

joined Jun 17, 2021

I like her more after this chapter, but dang, she's just so creepy.

joined Jun 17, 2021

So, although Kurumi's reaction may seem forced from the reader's perspective, it's actually not that hard to believe when viewed through the lens of the character.

I feel like commenters forget this like 90% of the time. Getting annoyed at how characters react to situations when they only have half the information needed to make the decisions that readers think "should be obvious" or something.

joined Jun 17, 2021

It tends to annoy me when someone is tricked in this way. She could have just surprised her during their trip. Keeping it a secret just to see her shocked face at the office was just unnecessary.

Agreed.
Someone above made some quip like "unless Noa is a sadist" and now I just have to have that as headcanon or I can't accept that she'd do that.

joined Jun 17, 2021

It's one thing to fall in love with your boss/employee, another thing for an established married couple to start a business, and yet another (imprudent) thing to hire someone you're barely dating as your employee.

What a strange thing to call them "barely dating".
The relationship they had was client/service provider. Amano was already paying her for company, she's just going to ... continue paying for her company.
AND, I don't imagine it'd be hard for Noa to go back to her old workplace if it doesn't work out, it's not like she'll be in the position where she "needs" the job.

last edited at Aug 19, 2022 1:32AM

joined Jun 17, 2021

If you are one of those three, you never "take off" your clothes or makeup.

There's no real indication that she is part of any of those subcultures though. She could just be wearing what makes her happy and/or matches the aesthetic of her workplace without being part of a given subculture after all. Someone wearing dark clothes and nail polish and having piercings isn't automatically a goth after all. Just like wearing jeans with holes and baggy flannel shirts doesn't automatically make you grunge.

She wears clothing that matches the aesthetic of the music she listens to, isn't that part of the defining traits of a subculture? Subcultures aren't clubs, they're ultimately just categorizations of people with similar interests.. I do agree though that she isn't a goth or uhh "grunge" (i hate that word).

Depends if your definition of "subculture" is the same as the OP's in this opinion.
Seems they think that being part of a subculture involves following specific "rules" - those being you can't ever project an image of something else. Forgetting, of course, that some people just want to suppress their individuality at school and be "themselves" at home, and that's okay, actually.

joined Jun 17, 2021

54 pages in the forum...

I know this is just me being negative but I'm kinda scared of how good and popular the reaction was with this manga, with just a few chapters with few pages and we're almost 10 pages in the forum.

It was bad when it was 10 pages, now we're at 54.
ngl I feel you, it's kind of irksome that so many amazing series only get a limited number of reactions while this with a few 4-page chapters of silliness boils such fervor. In ex. Lilies, Voice, Wear Wind at four whole volumes doesn't have even half the number.

What a weird thing to get upset about, people liking a thing, they don't like to discuss your thing. Just because you think something else is a masterpiece, doesn't mean everyone else does.
Aaaanyway, here's my two cents. There have been a lot of people posing "reasons" for this, and I feel most (or all?) of them are spot on.
Here's another one:
Read the comments. The comments are about so many different things. Some polarising things. A lot, actually.
People are having arguments about whether Mitsuki is "deceiving" Aya or not (very heated), the author said some stuff about yuri/not yuri, and that ... discussion ... has gone on way too long. And look, you're even inciting controversy (also, real discussion) about whether this manga is deserving of the pages of comments it has. Add to that nostalgia and comments about musical taste in general (good and bad ones), and you've got ridiculous amounts of discussion going on in just this one manga's comments.

Generally, there's no real rhyme or reason as to where accidental arguments start, as it depends on the readers. It being so short, with weekly updates, and a unique art style has brought in a lot of onlookers, and a lot of us seem to have some really strong opinions, so it seems like exactly the place so many discussions would start.

joined Jun 17, 2021

Why is the author always so darn cute. She gets in the last word, and it always just makes me completely forget what revelation I just had about the end of the chapter.

joined Jun 17, 2021

Oh, she got herself a wing ... man...
I'll see myself out.

joined Jun 17, 2021

Am I the only one who thinks a school trip is actually not the ideal place for relationship announcements?
Just go out to karaoke, people.

Ehhhhhhh
joined Jun 17, 2021

I kinda really really like the way the yamanoke scene is depicted in the novel, so maybe not my favourite chapter in the adaptation, but I have to admit that it was actually done quite well. It felt a bit weaker perhaps, because there were—inevitably—panels from an outside perspective, which ruined the effect somewhat.

I was thinking removing the possession seemed a lot more dramatic in the novel.
Everyone had been saying they though that Yamanoke was one of the weakest stories, but I really loved it because it was the first time Toriko really had to go all-out to save Sorawo. The manga made it as uneventful as the commenters had been saying though, haha.

last edited at Jul 25, 2022 4:27AM

joined Jun 17, 2021

Well, that was certainly weird. Definitely not what I was expecting after the first chapter.

joined Jun 17, 2021

Warning: Manga character manifesting non-optimal behavior; do not attempt at home.

Bahaha, so much this. Do we need warnings that everything we read is fiction and only a bare-bones representation of reality, not actual messy reality in all of its complexity?
I thought just by engaging in a story in the first place, we'd already agreed to this "it's not real, take everything with a grain of salt" contract.

Don't get me wrong, it's good - great, even - to discuss morality as it relates to real life - we should absolutely talk about how fiction isn't an excuse for acting a certain way.
But we should also be clear that a story isn't going to show the nuance of everything, it's just going to show what it's telling the story about. Is this story about an abusive relationship? No. We can talk and be thoughtful about these things, though, without hating on the story.

If it was hardcore on questionable things and pretending that they aren't wrong, then I'd understand the outrage, but being so angry about things that are just basically hyperbole is something I just don't get.

joined Jun 17, 2021

Lol. I hadn't realised there was so much drama about this manga. But I suppose consent is always a hot topic if it looks like the story is condoning a certain action.

This recent chapter did kind of settle the matter of what to call it - trying to pressure your GF into sex when she doesn't seem to want it at all. It kind of walks the line of "consent", and as long as it ends before it goes too far, and there's an apology rather than resentment that they didn't give in, I think it's just a depiction of navigating relationships (albeit in an unacceptable way that you learn from).

joined Jun 17, 2021

I dont know how Riri lives with herself. She is conservative yet she sells pics online. She doesnt kiss before marriage but fondling legs in sleep is fine? What is she planning to do in the future? Introduce Mei as her boyfriend to her conservative parents? Most illogical.

To be fair, she didn't mean to do the leg-fondling, she just couldn't control herself. I did like that detail.
But everything else, yeah.

joined Jun 17, 2021

Ahh, I'm disappointed that this chapter didn't end with registration.

I mean, I'm good with the non-plot sexytimes, but when you introduce a plot that absolutely will not move forward until the registration is done, it is as frustrating as being teased for four days.

joined Jun 17, 2021

Its cute how people here are still applying real life logic in these fictional stories. Haven't read a single spoiler but judging from how people are reacting it'll be a fun read. I will continue to enjoy reading this

It's cute how people come into the comments section and tell them how to enjoy a story.

Personally, I'm a fan of a bit of non-con in a story. That doesn't mean I have to come into the comment section and be like "no one should object to this content because it is not RL."
I like to both enjoy a story, and ponder the reality and real-world implications of consent.