Forum › Posts by Ehhhhhhh

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Sorawo calling it "something weird" definitely brought to mind how weird it is when 'it' actually does happen between them.

last edited at Jul 24, 2024 9:29AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I'm glad it didn't end. There's so many shenanigans they can still get into!

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

That's actually a pretty logical way for it to have started. Way more natural than the regular old, approach them at school and offer them money plotline.

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

why does the bath toy look so worried?

I was thinking, where was there a bath toy in any of these chapters? So I clicked, and it's for Citrus, not Sugar Meets Girl! Lol.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

...I swear, for a solid minute there I thought she called the song "Maths 3-3 Koga Mitsuki"

This made me cackle. I'm imagining the confused look on your face.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Aww, Made for each other.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

The giant turtle covers while they were tiny underneath during the smexytime made me giggle.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Nevermore and The Greenhouse (I'm on her Patreon)! Those are great too and wonderful examples of plot focused stories with great GL romance. I think Muted on par with those and since you've read it you'll know what I mean when I say it offers a unique and underrepresented relationship dynamic when compared to those other two? That's part of why it gets some extra recommendations from me now.

I mean, that's a fine reason to recommend things, sure. But I'm more likely to recommend things based on their quality (story and art) rather than just the characters, so Muted falls down the list for me in that sense.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Speaking of series with romance as a sub-genre, I just recently found Muted, has anyone read that series on Webtoon? It was very popular but I hadn't heard it mentioned much. Such a good story. It has a form of relationship people seem to clamor for here a lot (without spoiling) and a really nice depiction of it too.

I thought I recognised the title but couldn't remember, but as soon as I clicked it I remembered.
Tbh, I've read GL Webtoons I've enjoyed more than that one, too. There are so many good ones.
Atm, The Greenhouse is stellar.
Mage & Demon Queen was probably my favourite comedy-wise. (finished)
Nevermore (also ongoing) has amazing art and a great story.
Everyday by Day is a great episodic SoL cute series with a range of characters.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Sometimes it feels like there's a little bit of resentment or dissatisfaction when a yuri story focuses on other things than just the romance. But I agree with you. I've loved their progress and the world around them creates a lot of valid reasons for why they'd both feel inadequate and unsafe to form or think about relationship at the moment.

I agree and I think it's sort of natural, considering that we are all here on a page for yuri manga, a genre whose literally sole unifying feature is that its about girls dating girls. That naturally makes people hyperfocus on the girl dating girl aspect, which works well for romance but less well for everything that doesn't strictly want to be a romance.

Seems to me that people just don't know what "romance" is.
It doesn't mean they're instantly together. All romance stories include the story of how they were bonded together and the struggles they took to get there. Many romances don't even have a couple "getting together" until the end, depending on the type of story.

This isn't about it being gay or straight, that is just how romance stories go.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Aya hasn’t been doing that. Aya is just easy to read and her feelings for Mitsuki is obvious (from a readers POV).

And yet, we have this whole comment section ;)

last edited at Jun 12, 2024 9:09AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Naori better watch out because Hinata plans on "reserving the hell" out of her when she gets the confidence and that sounds like a looong night.

On a serious note, it's interesting that both women are worried about being unworthy of the other and both women are simultaneously working to improve themselves for each other. They both fear they'll be unable to protect the other well enough (although Hinata's fear is that she'll subject Naori to more danger and injury). It's cute.

Also, I always assumed Tsukasa was Aju's bartender (and likely more than that). Can't forget that he was introduced sitting in front of an Aju poster and that Aju only asked for Naori's help because she missed her bartender. Now we'll get to see how that goes.

Seconding this, because everyone right now is just way too disappointed at the progress. Hinata knows what she wants. It looks like she knows how to get it. I don't know if Naori may have to grow herself and realise what she wants before there's a natural point where these two come together.

I think this was the most natural and un-contrived backing off I've ever seen in a romance.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

They really should go back and get her that future washing machine.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Gosh, seeing Sena smiling on that cover was everything that I never knew I needed in life. It's so amazing to see her smile after all of her depression.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

That great luck didn't help her find Mai though.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

That's when you fall into teacher's trap and go "uh... her! She brought us here!"

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

So it's okay for Mei to be fawning over multiple girls, but it's not okay for Karin to have multiple girls fawning over her?

This is really starting to aggravate me about this story. The hypocrisy that Mei is allowed to get away with just because she's main girl.

She's literally not dating them, though. She said she couldn't date Karin because of that potential jealousy. She's still hot for her, though.

i assume that if she would pick any one to date, she would not be intimate with other girls.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Omg, this is a battle manga arc I'm down for. Good to see them all acknowledging it.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

If the confession was something like teasing, I could understand it still going this way, but Komaki has given her a deep look into her mind and how she sees love, and Wakaba is just like "you do not".

Like, girl, you know she's messed up, and she straight-up told you she has messed up feelings for you, so I'm just sitting here reading like, ???

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

You don't need to give Makino anything. She's a scumbag, just sex will do.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Everyone's worried that the date promise is a "death" flag, but isn't it just a trouble flag? The system is on its way back. If they do have a date uninterrupted by it, I don't think it'll be for a while.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

That question at the end makes me think the answer is ... no.
It'd be funny if it made the sensory sharing swap between people.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I love that Miina's reaction to this is, are you dumb? Why didn't you tell me she was your girlfriend.

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

The flashbacks reminded me of Mashiro's illness. What ... happened to that? Like, I don't need death flags or hospital visits or anything, just some indication that she's still a somewhat sickly person instead of being like "she had a bit of time off school and now she's in perfect health and we'll never speak of this again".

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

"If you ask me, I'm more into..."
Watching, right? Please say it's watching, haha.