Forum › Posts by Ehhhhhhh

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

We've come so far from people doubting whether this manga was even yuri, lol.

I dunno if you're reading the same comment section as me, but people were arguing about it not long ago saying it was yuribait. I'm sure it'll come up again.

To be fair, there's still a pretty good chance that we won't see anything definitive as far as confirmed romance goes. It all depends on how you define ''bait'' in the end.

Look, this might come out as harsh, but it's not about "how you define bait".
If you want to read an out-and-out full-on romance, there are stories for that.
Don't go reading the slowburn, will-they-won't-they stories, and then complain about it being "bait". You've baited yourself, with your expectations. No one else did it to you.

If you really hate when it turns into "won't they", then hold off reading something until you know for sure. Again, don't go splashing around in the comments section attacking the story just because it's not exactly what you want to read.
Dynasty has both kinds of stories, you don't need to get hung up on the ones that aren't your type.

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

That was a really strange way to end it, causing a bunch of arguments in the comments section (per usual).
Look, I'm a fan of really close female friendships, but this 100% was not like, 'we're just super close friends'. Nothing in the dramatic action of quitting because you want the other person to be the centre, and telling them you only want to smile for them is a "just friends" thing (especially because there was no discussion of it beforehand.) Like, I understand not getting subtext sometimes, but this was just piled high with it.

And latching onto the word "raised", my gosh, you ... know she's not an orphan who went to live at the idol company, right? She meant "raised" as in, into an idol, as her mentor. That's not grooming, ya weirdos. She wasn't a teacher, just a (slightly) older idol she looked up to.

last edited at Apr 17, 2024 8:08AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Yep, definitely don't dump that girl, she's a keeper.
And her being dense is just a bonus, it seems.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Maki witnesses how the men at the mixer treat Mei: asking creepy and invasive questions, trying to get her drunk, showing a total lack of respect for her as a human being. It seems like she realizes that something isn't right, and though she doesn't confront them directly, she diverts their attention to herself, possibly saving Mei from trouble.

And yet, a few days later she calls the men "bastards" not for being massive creeps... But because she failed to hook any of them. She is even excited at the possibility that one of them might be texting her, and doesn't even seem to know what Mei is thanking her for. Which draws into question whether she indeed realized what was going on at the time, or if she was just jealous of Mei getting more attention.

I'm only making note of this because the oneshot presents it without comment and just kind of leaves it on the table. Maybe there is no other point to it than Maki being an airhead and in denial, but even then she lacks awareness on a level where it's more concerning than funny. And maybe there is something unpleasant about a yuri work using men's misogynistic behavior as a setup without confronting it at all. I have seen the trope of woman A saves woman B from trouble at a mixer, but when foul play is involved there's usually at least some gesturing at the wrongness of it, but the protagonist in this one seems entirely oblivious to it.

Yes yes, it's not that deep, I'm ruining the wholesome gyaru yuri with my yapping, etc. Feel free to throw any stray rocks at me

Maybe it's less about them being creeps, and more about being uncomfortable about the behaviour and the other redirecting it because she was completely fine with it? You don't have to object to the actual thing happening to protect someone from how it's making them feel.

last edited at Apr 14, 2024 10:31AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I get's it's romantic and yuriful, but that's such a huge nerf.

Yeah, very strange. I kind of hope they come up with another explanation, something about the provisional alcohol not being ... enough any more? I dunno. It's just a bit strange that she'd suddenly be absolutely powerless without a specific type of alcohol now.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

We've come so far from people doubting whether this manga was even yuri, lol.

I dunno if you're reading the same comment section as me, but people were arguing about it not long ago saying it was yuribait. I'm sure it'll come up again.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Wakaba not realizing that Komaki is just into her and really jealous/immature sure is a dynamic lol. I'm not sure who's the less mature one between the two of them at this point

Two characters, both alike in dignity, which is none

I'm cackling. Thank you.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

They've been teasing the amnesia for an incredible amount of chapters, then do it all right away, not slowly, haha.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Speedrun to the festival day. Just as we like to see.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

A brothel tour? I suppose that's how this story is going to stop being so same-y.
Hopefully this is where she meets Mai so we can have some real drama.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Honestly, with AI being where it is right now, the "can robots have feelings" debate is actually pretty important to be having. I mean, people are already in the present day getting deeply emotionally attached to chatbots. Personally, if I started having romantic feelings for a robot it would prompt a deep existential crisis...

Nadeshiko and similar androids have been in fiction forever but we're not really any closer to them being real. The current crop of "AI" isn't remotely like a thinking feeling consciousness, it's all just a bunch of glorified filters, and it takes up way more space than a human body does. State of the art is basically 1% of the thinking and 10,000% of the size, lol. I would be genuinely very surprised if a Nadeshiko could be made within my lifetime. So I don't think the silly sex comedy manga is actually relevant to today's issues lol

I agree with you that today's AI are still shitty. However, unfortunately, there's a very real trend of some people using AI chat bots to replace human contact or even using them to fulfill a boyfriend or a girlfriend function. "Replika" is one AI app that multiple people -- if you can trust the internet -- have reported "falling in love" with. While that doesn't necessarily say much about the quality of the AI, I think it speaks to the human capacity for developing connections with non-humans.

There's also the curious problem of AI bots making up stuff when they don't know the answer to something. There have been hilarious examples, like one lawyer who asked an AI bot to find authoritative precedents to reinforce his position in a certain legal case -- and then discovered that everything the AI found for him was fake information and complete bullshit only after he presented it in court.

It's not such a curious mystery though. An AI's function is to answer our questions. We get it to answer questions by cobbling together information all the time, AI doesn't think, and so doesn't understand why cobbling together a bunch of information to make up something that sounds like it really happened is the wrong thing. The idea of "not knowing" something is kind of unfathomable to an AI, because as far as the AI is concerned, it has all of the answers to everything we could possibly ask within the database.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021
  • He admitted it in front of a full class after Kaye called him out, I want to see what sort of BS the author contrives to make none of this matter

Since Kaye literally said "get me alone", I'd guess that Caroline grabbed her properly once she was already out of the classroom, and this is not happening in front of the class.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

kiku’s a really good character too but ive already written so much its cringe

No, write more!

Absolutely. That was their first post? One of the easiest-to-read "long" posts I've seen on here. And not all that long in the grand scheme of comments here.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

And that is how you clear up a misunderstanding, expert level.

Having read through all of the comments about this and the previous chapter just reinforces my notion that a lot of Dynasty Reader commentators don't like stories at all. "oh no, there's been a story crisis, not realistic, I hate this, I hate the author, I hate it when [insert their own prejudice against storylines here]."

I have an intense dislike that all ya'll can't just trust the author. If the story goes bad, complain about it then, don't complain about completely normal plot points the instant a story decides to have even the slightest bit of conflict. I was as mad at Tsukushi at the end of the last chapter as anyone, but I was mad at her as a well-written character we've gotten to know over the course of this whole story. Totally not out of character at all for her to be so dumb as to not notice that failing to react to a kiss (for whatever reasons she had) could be construed as dislike and avoidance of the whole thing.

Suffice to say, the way you all turn on a writer the second things don't go exactly the way you want them to is pretty gross.A tiny bit of understanding and trusting the writer who has already given you 30+ chapters you enjoyed wouldn't be too much to ask.

last edited at Mar 8, 2024 5:16PM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Gosh, I love dubcon. And with 65 comments before mine on this first chapter, I'm sure all the dubcon haters will be out for blood, haha.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I love that she even has a scummy way of coming out to her mum.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Yo, at this point, the author seems to just be straight up trolling us. :D "Look, it's just a filler chapter about Baiser and Kiwi messing with Tres Magia again... psych, it's actually the start of the Dark Magenta arc! ...except psych! It's actually about Alice having a robot kid with Utena, and she is now part of Enormeeta! Arc over, see you next time!"

...I am not complaining, just pointing things out. :-)

That is a wonderful explanation of how all our expectations were railroaded, haha.

It was indeed a fun ride.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I have no idea why everyone is getting so angry at the poor girl. She tried to talk about it, it really isn't her fault she was interrupted both times. It is possible that the apology may cause some misunderstanding, but that should be solved the next time as well since obviously she's not going to just run away now.

Um, maybe because you don't have to accept that you've been interrupted? The chapter ends with her just sending Hinoka home like she's disappointed in her. Poor Hinoka, that must be devastating.

Despite me being able to accept that Tsukushi is confused, it doesn't change the fact that she hurt the girl who went out on a limb and kissed her. You don't need to have an interruption-free moment to just say "we'll talk later."

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

That was a bit unexpected from new girl. I was expecting her to try to move in on the relationship, not straight-up steal some blood, haha. Looking forward to the reveal here.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

People have been asking why these girls would like Akane in the first place, but it seems to me to be because she lacks common sense and the ability to say no.

The only thing that Itou was missing was just the asking part.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I love how this whole manga is terrifying and sad. Such an intriguing story, and I just want to know what's going on and I want everyone to have a happy ending.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

My loud "ohhhhhhh" when Momo's fetish was reveled, haha.
Could work out for all three of them?

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I love it so far.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Well, um, look. I'm conflicted. This is nice and all, but I really do hate being given the run around of coincidentally missing one another all the time.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Classic "I'm so ugly I can't be cute takes of glasses what do you mean I'm gorgeous?!" Trope. Same with freckles.

She didn't think she was ugly though. She knew that she wasn't stylish and purposely wanted to accentuate her cuteness. Which she did. Big success.