Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

I like narita,hes a cool guy trying to help his friends
I wish i had a nice friend like that in my life

Do you best narita!!

joined Apr 10, 2023

I'm not even sure where you'd get the idea that Narita is straight. His interactions with girls were entirely about him exploiting their attraction to him to get stuff from them. This did not include any hint of sex or romance, just like ... homework answers and favors. He changes from this selfish approach only after realizing two girls in his class are probably gay and he wants to encourage that. I'd way sooner assume this boy is himself gay than straight. "Guy who flirts with women only to get stuff from them but is really into homosexuality instead" is a pretty common BL character archetype even.

Also, I don't think Koga's behavior is nearly as "accidental" as it may seem. Remember that she heard Aya repeatedly talk about how much she likes a guy, even if she was mistaken in that gender assessment. And Koga's already a very low self esteem person, although she's getting better. She's probably still operating under the impression Aya is straight and so Koga gets close to her in little ways that are plausibly deniable. This is a pretty common GL trope lol

last edited at Jun 11, 2023 8:58PM

joined Aug 20, 2022

Aya's face, last page, top right lmfao

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

NRT wingmaning both of them when they get too useless. :'D

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

She is so dense.
Also this is foreshadowing that Airport-kun is gonna become a hairdresser in the future

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Straight to the point straight wingman.

If you ever get them as buddies,hold onto them for dear life,because they'll save you for sure.

joined Sep 25, 2022

The amount of rizz is unfathomable

joined May 26, 2016
  1. I don't like the guy character. I don't really think he need to be there anymore and is sort of just third wheeling the main two

2. I can't beleive we're still in the "totally don't even recognize our relationship as ever being possibly romantic" and "getting overly blushy over an indirect compliment" stage. Plus, the whole "I don't actually have a crush on her, I just admire her because she looks cool and I think she's brave" bs. I thought we were over those sort of stereotypes in yuri, but I guess this author wanted to do a period piece.

This chapter title got me all excited for finally some sort of development away from the usual sterotypes of the last 20-30 chapters, but it ended up just being gross. I don't care that the token straight guy thinks the girls are cute. Who gives a shit.

You sound like the type of person the love live creators cater to

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Girls are cute, yo!

allmarbleslost
So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

Aya and Mitsuki immigrate to America so they can get legally married arc when

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

Okey~ I like this hahaha not only the problem "Who is Kanna?" got resolved easily but now the other issue about future is being confronted~ Interesting too the option Chizuru and Mao are taking and Aya being shocked by this hahaha, we never got Aya and Koga ideas for their future (not talking like a couple~) but from Aya reaction maybe it wasn't Uni first choice or is just shocked by Chizuru and Mao change of plans~

Don't know if it's going to be confrontation next chapter or we will have an "interlude" with one of them thinking about all these; but there are a few ways to take this; I mean, Aya and Koga they still didn't fully resolve the problem "talk to me, we are friends" or the author can choose the "the choice is still not taken, so still not talked about it". And both are okey since normally while studying I remember some of us already had plans for future and talked about it, some didn't or sometimes we didn't ask so it was a mistery, so it wasn't strange to find some surprise.

And I am like others that wish, in some way, Kanna can take both Koga and Aya in a vacation to LA to explore the idea before choosing hahaha

last edited at Jun 18, 2023 9:03AM

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Yeah if Uncle moves, Mitsuki moves with him (unless I'm wrong, and he's not her guardian?). So, Kanna isn't wrong, even if she's having a whole lot of fun teasing. Can't see them separating though and I don't think Uncle would forcefully move Mitsuki.

last edited at Jun 18, 2023 9:07AM

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

Ah and Kanna totally knows what is going on hahaha, so she telling this to Aya, I doubt is not to provoke something in both of them

last edited at Jun 18, 2023 9:12AM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I don't think there's much of an actual risk of Mitsuki leaving , but it will be cute seeing Aya get all crestfallen about it for a minute. I hope we'll get another smooth Mitsuki moment out of it , where she'll be ''why would I leave if you're right here with me'' and Aya will just melt in a puddle of gay emotions :P

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't think there's much of an actual risk of Mitsuki leaving , but it will be cute seeing Aya get all crestfallen about it for a minute. I hope we'll get another smooth Mitsuki moment out of it , where she'll be ''why would I leave if you're right here with me'' and Aya will just melt in a puddle of gay emotions :P

Yeah, this series has been one “feathers get ruffled for the pleasure of smoothing them down again” event after another. I see no reason to expect anything different this time.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Pfff Aya is totally in love, no joke XD I think she's starting to realize so herself we just haven't heard her internal monologue yet lol

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

Sorry, Kanna-san, you may be very cool, but I'm still gonna have to call the yuri police on you.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Sorry, Kanna-san, you may be very cool, but I'm still gonna have to call the yuri police on you.

You know, I gotta ask, what's the Yuri Police's mandate and jurisdiction?

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Nice to be finding out a little bit of Joe's backstory

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

You know, I gotta ask, what's the Yuri Police's mandate and jurisdiction?

Mandate, preventing crimes against yuri. In this case, attempted breaking up of a yuri couple.

Jurisdiction... uh... most of Yurasia?

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019
  1. I don't like the guy character. I don't really think he need to be there anymore and is sort of just third wheeling the main two

2. I can't beleive we're still in the "totally don't even recognize our relationship as ever being possibly romantic" and "getting overly blushy over an indirect compliment" stage. Plus, the whole "I don't actually have a crush on her, I just admire her because she looks cool and I think she's brave" bs. I thought we were over those sort of stereotypes in yuri, but I guess this author wanted to do a period piece.

This chapter title got me all excited for finally some sort of development away from the usual sterotypes of the last 20-30 chapters, but it ended up just being gross. I don't care that the token straight guy thinks the girls are cute. Who gives a shit.

Tropes are not stereotypes and stereotypes are not tropes.
One is "preconceived notions or expectations about a particular subject without proper basis to actually make such assumptions" the other is "commonly used narrative scenarios regardless of accuracy; the defining criteria is simply that they are commonly used."

IE stereotypes are bad, tropes are not inherently good OR bad, they merely are.
The examples you "list" in this manga are tropes, not stereotypes, there's a world of difference and there's nothing wrong with them in themselves.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Jurisdiction... uh... most of Yurasia?

LOL

Also, I came here to say that I hope everyone is appreciating Aya’s cheek shine, because it deserves appreciation!

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Our major drama rears its head once again

If I had to guess the way this'll go, Aya will eventually confess and it'll keep Mitsuki there. I hope. Please confess lol

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Ha! I figured she was Joe's ex....

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Our major drama rears its head once again

If I had to guess the way this'll go, Aya will eventually confess and it'll keep Mitsuki there. I hope. Please confess lol

I dunno, I’m not too fond of “since you confessed and we’re together now I’ll stay”. If an opportunity comes a knocking you should take it. I thought maybe from the original images mitsuki might go to LA then come back and run into aya again but probably not

To reply you must either login or sign up.