Forum › Posts by Koveras

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I think I'm probably stupid - I've read this, barely understood what happened and why, read the comments and now I understand even less. Didn't get the feeling that Myia and Saki were dating or are hinted that they will start to, and a reread doesn't convince me... but I feel like you guys must be right because then why even include Saki in the story at all?

For me, the biggest clue was page 5, where Saki wakes Kanade up in the present timeline (evident in the latter's hair being long). How she wakes her up (basically crawling all over her and giving her an implied kiss on the lips) that, to me, just screams "roommates" "best friends" "couple". You don't wake a regular colleague up like that, even when you are sex workers sharing an apartment for some reason.

last edited at Aug 13, 2022 8:59AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Paradoxically though, doesn't this development actually reduce the likelihood of Nanao and Asumi actually hooking up in the story?

If there is anything that this manga has established so far, it's that randomly making reservations renders it absolutely certain that you will never book your actual crush.

last edited at Aug 13, 2022 6:23AM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Saki is best girl. She set up Miya-Kanade to meet her old flame to give her a shot at closure, despite knowing full well that she could lose her as a result. That takes guts, and the fact that Kanade was able to move on from Izumi and appreciated the risk Saki took for her makes the ending that much better. The story is melancholic but not sad, if that makes any sense? Yes, everyone has lost something, but only things they didn't need and were holding them back.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Pretty much anything Powered by the Apocalypse or Forged in the Dark. :-)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Have you ever wanted to be with your ex so bad that you read fanfiction shipping the two of you together?

No, but that does sound like it would be great for mental heath. ^__^

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Maria-sensei is way too smooth for her own good.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This author is a beacon of hope for all those struggling with life.

She's a housewife. Her main occupation is caring for her family and doing housework while her husband goes out to work. (In her free time she draws manga.) It's ok, nothing wrong with that, those are her life choices and all's fine with them, power and respect to her! But she's hardly what I call a role model.

She is a well-adjusted person who lives a life she built for herself and lives it to the fullest, enjoying every day of it. That's far better than 99% of people I know can do, so she is a goddamn role model (and a beacon of hope) in my book.

last edited at Aug 6, 2022 6:32AM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Well, they are obviously very good friends. The real question is, could they actually be, and I hesitate to say it, but... Roommates?

Koveras
Kill Switch discussion 06 Aug 06:20
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Here the protagonist was, happily adjusting to a life without emotional manipulation and abuse, when suddenly a wild Hwayeon appeared and used the "pretend like nothing happened, so the target of your manipulation is too confused and bound by social convention to resist your demands" technique from the Gaslighting perk tree.

Don't get me wrong, Hwayeon is the best-written character in this story, but whenever she appears, disaster follows, and I just want to see some guilt-free Romance with the protagonist and Jisoo...

last edited at Aug 6, 2022 6:21AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Housework and child-raising fell like hobbies

Is she a superwoman?

A magical girl who kept her powers past 16?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I mean.. Just look at her.. That transformation sequence too.. Really really nice.. What do you call her clothes?

That's just a riding attire (not even a uniform, just a set of practical clothes for a specific task), though the lack of an overcoat gives me pause -- I assume it gets quite chilly on a dragon at top speed. :-)

last edited at Aug 1, 2022 4:29AM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Actually curious: Has there ever been a school council vice-president in the history of the yuri genre who wasn't at the very least crushing on the (current, former) president? Cannot think of any off the top of my head. :-/

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Page 2 is the most erotic thing I've seen on this site in a very long while.

Fingerlicking is hot, I'm aware it's technically hand licking but it's close enough.
Honestly I feel like Elsa was like "You're not putting your thumb in my mouth Evie? Fine, I'll just lick it myself." here

It's not just the licking, but also the hand-holding, the caresses, the disheveled hair, the misty stares, the eye contact, etc., etc.

Honestly, I really like the contrast between fantasy!Elsa and real!Elsa. It’s poignant. Not sure how exactly, but it is.

Fantasy!Elsa comfortably offers all of herself to the person she loves. Real!Elsa holds back on both because Yvonne keeps blocking her. I am not sure whether the real!Elsa is actually as thirsty as the fantasy!one, but I wouldn't put it past her, given what she said at the end of the last chapter...

last edited at Jul 25, 2022 10:13AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Page 2 is the most erotic thing I've seen on this site in a very long while.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Screw whatever is happening in the story,we're here now for the author herself!

After all, she has been the real waifu all along. :-)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So uh, with the magical girl hunt, are we just supposed to accept the fact that the two girls on the team literally committed mass genocide against highschool girls and then just...said "sorry?" Are we not gonna talk about that?

"Kiwi-chan, are we the baddies?"

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Oh Yvonne, you silly child. You cannot "steal" something that is practically being shoved into your face on a silver platter. :3

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Yeah Luoluo is 100% a victim in all of this. I want Song Li to understand just how bad she screwed up and apologize.

She will, eventually.

Feels like this one has taken quite a few chapters to get to it's basic premise. I guess the reason these two didn't like eachother needed to be set up.

Have I mentioned that this story is the slowest of all the burns I've ever read? :D We haven't even seen the final (?) main character, the streamer and Luoluo's childhood friend Chilly, yet.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Welp, this has been a wild ride that I have mostly enjoyed. I wish this kind of story was more common in the wild ocean of blushing schoolgirls yuri...

Dragonaz posted:

the 'modern-family ending' is expected, not that I'm complaining tho.

Aka the Nanoha way

This is the way.

Can we have an F for best girl Cool-chan?

She only got like one panel on the last chapter.

But at least she was doing the Evangelion "Congratulations!" thing in the panel, so that's... something? Anyway, F. :-(

Y'all zoomers got no concept of cringe. Bit a cheese and they go cryin' "cringe cringe" to the hills. Back in my day an archaeologist could punch nazis while rambling about cultural appropriation and we liked it.

Very much this. With a little practice, one can thoroughly enjoy the cheese, especially paired up with ham. :3

For the record in japanese meme is spelled メメ in katakana, which the tl mentioned looks a lot like XX. So it’s pretty clear what her true ending was

There is also the XX-shaped pin in her hair, which cannot be coincidence. :-)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Reminiscing about your ex while drowning in a double marshmallow heaven? Being Mei is suffering...

Oof. I was doubtful that the highschool crush would return, but now I’m convinced she’s definitely coming back later.
Actually, I bet that’s gonna be the endgame. Mei either abandons these weirdos to be with her crush, or she’ll turn down the crush to date all 5 of her weirdos.

Or she'll end up dating those 5 and her crush. Can't discount that possibility

The crush actually represents a secret sixth sense.

last edited at Jul 11, 2022 3:54AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

A wild Jerkface appears!
Jerkface uses Charm!
It's not very effective...

Jerkface uses Save Face!
Aya uses Counterspell!
Jerkface takes 69 Ego Damage!

last edited at Jul 11, 2022 3:46AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Oh, I thought Yvonne was getting sus last chapter, but it turns out she was just starting to baby-zone Elsa. Thank Madoka that Garth was there to drop some science on that. XD

And yet in all of that time despite the pair getting married having a long story arc of getting science kids and being able to transmerge into the real world to kill the game developers behind the game, Yvonne still thinks that Elsa is only married to her due to the fact she can't date any of the male protagonists. Weird

You know, that sounds very in-character for Evie.

Wow, I didn't even make the connection that the redhead from ch. 36 was probably time-traveling Elsa. That's a crazy plot development.

She's not time-traveling. She is on the New Game+ cycle...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

"I Caught A Tuna And Brought My Best Friend To Help Me Carry Her But Now The Tuna Is a Cute Girl Who Wants Me To Eat Her (Out) To Live With Me??!"

last edited at Jul 10, 2022 6:54AM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

A nice, wholesome palate cleanser after the previous chapter. ^^

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

How many bonks would it take to get the horny out of her?

Yes.