Forum › Posts by Koveras

Koveras
SHY discussion 21 Sep 17:32
joined Jul 15, 2016

That is a surprising lack of blood for what seems to be a pretty deep chest wound.

That katana is probably magic or some such.

joined Jul 15, 2016

This needs to be serialized.

And then probably axed after one volume without a proper resolution...

joined Jul 15, 2016

Your trash talk can't reach Sakuma behind the fluffy walls of this healthy, adult relationship.

It's almost as if intimate relationships can be a source of strength and confidence, rather than exclusively misery and insecurity.

last edited at Sep 14, 2020 4:24PM

joined Jul 15, 2016

"You're not a nuisance. You never were."

The manga could have ended right there -- the most poignant line of the story.
Having experience living with a disabled significant other, it hit me right in the feels.

last edited at Sep 14, 2020 4:12PM

joined Jul 15, 2016

NSFW?

Of course. They're doing the double hand-holding on the last page. NSFW is the least this site can do to warn us of the lewdness.

Koveras
Roid discussion 12 Sep 03:49
joined Jul 15, 2016

Getting Ergo Proxy vibes from this.... Some cogito-virus ass shit happening right there

Ah, I see you are a person of culture, as well. Didn't expect people to still remember Ergo Proxy...

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

I feel like Kisaki is lying or just doesn't know better on the last page. The real reason she doesn't say anything is that prejudice against other-than-us won't go away just because she blows up once or twice. That'll just result in more ostracizing. But, of course, she can't tell that to her kouhai who is too pure for the harsh social realities ATM.

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

Moe Gyaru are kind of frightening. Is it legal to be that cute?

No, but who's gonna report her to the police?

joined Jul 15, 2016

It's been almost 3 years since chapter 1 and I feel this is going nowhere for now. I'd be glad to be wrong, but in my eyes, everything that was happening in the past, carried almost nothing into further chapters.

The high concept of this manga is basically "let's point fingers at Neeko's mental problems and laugh", so of course there is no development -- if she made any progress, the story would be over.

No disrespect to the translator's work, but I must admit, I read these chapters on fast-forward by now. And the only reason I still do is a vague hope that when the series eventually gets axed, the author will be gracious enough to give Neeko some kind of healthy resolution.

last edited at Sep 10, 2020 3:55AM

joined Jul 15, 2016

I read the web novel recently and I was quite surprised at how the mc became at the end of the story. Great story though.

Just out of curiosity, which of the two MCs do you mean?

Koveras
SHY discussion 07 Sep 04:04
joined Jul 15, 2016

OK, now I am definitely getting the Batman and The Ace vibes from the Pepesha and Khufu's dialogue.

Koveras
Roid discussion 05 Sep 03:26
joined Jul 15, 2016

So the person in the hood is the hacker who's making robots attack people. Probably the voice in Anna's head discouraging her from helping. A human who hates robots (attacked like Yui)? A robot fomenting an uprising? Whoever it is will probably want to destroy Anna if they can't control her. This is getting deep in more ways than one.

I don't think she is a hacker, but rather a fellow android (perhaps even another human copy?). This chapter is basically a hint of why regular droids go on rampages: they talk to a human-like android and contract a "logic virus" that makes them first realize the depths of mistreatment they are subjected to and then question and eventually bypass the no-fighting-back restriction. The droid in this chapter was inspired to rebel by Anna, but I think the mysterious hoodie girl at the end was the origin of the previous outbreaks.

joined Jul 15, 2016

yuri where the love interest is anthropomorphized suicidality

That legit sounds like one of those overly-long titles the mangaka give their Twitter-only one-shots written/drawn on a whim, the ones that contain the entire plot of the story...

last edited at Aug 31, 2020 10:58AM

joined Jul 15, 2016

My theory: Hinako and her family (parents + older brother) were driving down a seaside road when their car crashed into the ocean and everyone drowned, except Hinako, who was helped to escape by one of them. Now she is suffering from severe depression and PTSD, but because this is Japan (or, at least, the drama manga version of it), mental health does not exist, so she is left to cope with her trauma on her own.

Slightly more far-fetched supplementary theory: A monster (perhaps even Shiori herself?) caused the car crash because it wasn't just Hinako who is extra tasty, but her entire family, that's why the monster let her go while it was busy eating the other three.

last edited at Aug 30, 2020 4:06AM

Koveras
SHY discussion 24 Aug 13:59
joined Jul 15, 2016

And here I almost thought that Khufu was the Joker of this universe...

joined Jul 15, 2016

True Useless lesbians :D

I'd say by the end they are very useful lesbians, since they are now going to work and being useful.

Rather than Useless lesbians, I believe it should be Too gay to function in this case...

joined Jul 15, 2016

Yuri is the strongest power-up.
Can't really get much gayer than physically fusing into one being.

Hayate, Reinforce, Signum, and Agito all nod approvingly

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

I was hoping the Gyaru would be the dominant one in the relationship.

Is a dominance hierarchy necessary in a romantic relationship, though?

joined Jul 15, 2016

Okay. I know this is meant as a joke, but it's not very funny.

Very little about this manga is genuinely funny, actually. Not for someone who suffers similarly, at least.

I am only continuing to read it because I hope, against all hopes, for a healing conclusion for Neeko, even though it will most likely end with "and then Neeko got a job as an OL, got married with kids, and lived happily ever after" a.k.a. the way that the normative Japanese culture expects women to "grow up". :-/

last edited at Jul 30, 2020 10:52AM

Koveras
SHY discussion 28 Jul 09:44
joined Jul 15, 2016

First the cute boys, now Pilse and Ai... this arc is launching some good ships.

I just hope that Ai doesn't sacrifice herself at the end of the current arc. The whole "Japanese maiden with an unspecified, but debilitating condition" trope is a popular death flag IIRC... :-(

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

Sigh. Oh well. Let's see whether there's some actual plot at some point.

Isn't the plot Dolores and Maria have to team up in order to achieve their own goals of exterminating all vampires and finding her sister, respectively?

ya

I am partial to plots where badass people team up to advance their respective clearly-defined goals.

joined Jul 15, 2016

Oh shit, this is hilarious! I can't believe how pure this roommate is. And the older sister couldn't be more casual about the whole situation.

I bet she knew exactly what kind of people those two are and was looking forward to the hijinx.

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

That that, folks, is why you should always check the tags before reading the next chapter of anything. :-/

Koveras
SHY discussion 20 Jul 11:45
joined Jul 15, 2016

Is it because the car didn't have a dashcam?

joined Jul 15, 2016

And that's how Communism starts. :-)