Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

Who the guy end up with?

It is very likely that you are the only person on this forum to care. :D

Koveras
Kill Switch discussion 24 Feb 09:11
joined Jul 15, 2016

I can't get behind this logic,

Because there is no logic behind this plot, just pure emotion and hormones. Let go of any expectation of consistent, consequence-aware behavior, and you may just enjoy this particular ride.

Also, I agree with everyone above that the biker girl is the only character worth my attention so far.

joined Jul 15, 2016

Austerity politics, in a thirsty-magical-girls comic? Oh Japan, what are you doing...

joined Jul 15, 2016

I wonder if the big theme of this story turns out that Kuzuryu's grasp on physical reality is particularly tenuous, which is why she can slip into imaginary roles so easily, and also perceives animals as sentient humanoid creatures.

joined Jul 15, 2016

ISEKAI TRUCK KILLER CONVOY

Finally, the show about Truck-kun has been green-lit.

joined Jul 15, 2016

ladies and gentlemen, the definiton of a useless lesbian.

I don't know if you could call someone who asked her crush out first truly "useless"...

joined Jul 15, 2016

Guys, I think we've reached peak yuri. Pack your shit and look for a new favorite genre: it just won't get any better than this right here.

last edited at Feb 16, 2021 2:34AM

joined Jul 15, 2016

If this story has a central theme beyond the Yuri, I would say is to find one's path father the one forged to you is no longer an option.

"A future is not given to you. It is something you must take for yourself."

I swear, they talk in this series so much, and explanations for everything seem so long-winded... I wonder if it's a translation thing or the original also felt that way (maybe it shouldn't surprise me, it's an adaptation of a novel :P)

That's pretty much standard fare in every work of speculative fiction I read outside of manga. This one is actually quite decent with its exposition, having delayed it until chapter 3 (I think) and gradually expanding it as the plot requires, instead of infodumping it all in the intro like 90% of mangas out there.

joined Jul 15, 2016

They worked so hard!

The problem with talented people is that they are often so focused on a long-term goal that they don't take the time to enjoy all the progress they are continuously making, burning themselves out emotionally and physically. I really hope the MCs don't end up that way...

last edited at Feb 5, 2021 9:35AM

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

Based is essentially recognizing someone for a strong yet principled take that you can see comes from within someone, typically with the implication that you agree with their take, or think it’s good.

So it's like saying that you agree with the principles someone expresses and/or lives by?

last edited at Feb 5, 2021 6:52AM

joined Jul 15, 2016

I gain more sympathy for the floating eyeball each episode

It is basically the beleaguered manager tasked with overseeing a horny, anti-social teenager at work that risks her life and social standing. I wouldn't want to be its (metaphorical) shoes.

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

In any case, Teru's got issues.

Darn, that first page hit too close to home for me.

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

People that are obsessed with someone should never actually become a lover of that person. That's a recipe for total disaster. Shannon and the werewolf girl would be adorable together, and Maria and Dorothy just need to fuck already.

Based.

I've been meaning to ask you, what does "based" mean? I am really not up to date on internet dialects lately...

last edited at Feb 1, 2021 5:22AM

joined Jul 15, 2016

Azusa is just an adorable bundle of gap moe while Ruby is an ara ara cinnamon roll of culture.

Best summary of the series so far.

joined Jul 15, 2016

imo you're either a real couple or you're not. Clean emotional lines save future hurt.

That's certainly an opinion you can have. I'm personally committed to "clean emotional lines" myself

But I've also known any number of "not really a couple/off-and-on as a couple but always together/we prefer to leave it ambiguous/you thought we were together when we weren't but now we are," etc, couples, and the degree of hurt involved, if any, was (mostly) known only to them.

To add to that, if the couple is actually good at communicating, there will be regular reassessments of the current relationship status, with accompanying changes in emotional and behavioral commitment. Granted, communication is hard, and romance fiction is all about lack of it...

joined Jul 15, 2016

Sakuma: praises the sun first thing in the morning
Me: Ah, I see you are a woman of culture, as well.

Koveras
Collectors discussion 24 Jan 03:29
joined Jul 15, 2016

Can we just appreciate for a moment how masterfully the right half of the first page in this chapter establishes the relationship between Takako and Yuki in just three frames? This is the first time we see the guy (or I have already forgotten about him), yet by the time he opens his mouth for the first time in this chapter, we already know roughly who he is and what his relationship with Takako is.

Koveras
Chocolate discussion 21 Jan 08:13
joined Jul 15, 2016

tfw you buy a box of liqueur chocolates knowing your significant other is a lightweight and will pass out after eating just one, leaving the rest of the box for you to devour.

Koveras
joined Jul 15, 2016

As we all know, your life in Japan ends once you graduate from high school. :-(

Koveras
Misaki discussion 18 Jan 07:52
joined Jul 15, 2016

Do we have a tag for Truck-kun, that old workhorse, delivering tragedy to us since 1900?

last edited at Jan 18, 2021 7:53AM

joined Jul 15, 2016

And it even says non-alcoholic on the bottle...

Imoko was just looking for a convenient excuse to drop the charade and let her true self shine through, pretending not to remember anything afterwards. She is really a scary woman, in an awesome way.

joined Jul 15, 2016

Also, did she murder her mother in cold blood at some point? Cause I dunno. I'd be at or about that point. Asks what I'm doing as I move sinisterly closer? "I'm having you scrapped."

Sana: "I'm having you scrapped. You are a bad influence on me."
Mom: "...well played."

joined Jul 15, 2016

The author likes animals huh

My working theory is that Neji has gotten themselves a pet hamster and is now itching to tell everyone everything they've learned about caring for it. That seems how most cat(girl) mangas come into being nowadays, anyway...

last edited at Jan 12, 2021 2:41AM

Koveras
SHY discussion 10 Jan 12:10
joined Jul 15, 2016

Why do I feel lie I'm gonna need to dig out my old copy of Kitaro Nishida for the next chapter...

last edited at Jan 10, 2021 12:10PM