Forum › Posts by Kundara

joined Feb 17, 2018

Wakaba not realizing that Komaki is just into her and really jealous/immature sure is a dynamic lol. I'm not sure who's the less mature one between the two of them at this point

Two characters, both alike in dignity, which is none

Kundara
joined Feb 17, 2018

Why there are many writers here criticizing an ecchi manga lol. Just enjoy the cute kissing and art.

I think it's because there's enough of a thread here that it could have been good. Stuff that is extremely one dimensional doesn't attract the same ire because there's nothing to work with, the most frustrating media is always the stuff that's on the cusp of being good with a few changes.

joined Feb 17, 2018

So she fell off a building, got hit by a car and drowned at the same time ? xD Is this the secret to time travel

Kundara
Still Sick discussion 09 Jan 01:30
joined Feb 17, 2018

Rereading this after going full time as an artist was interesting. The characters are all personifications of the conflicting motivations you have as an artist and the need to balance them to be successful. Mangaka writing about making manga is always a bit funny to me because, as Tudou says,people don't care about the process or how much you suffer for it but a bit of homosexual realism and a romance plot carries you through the whole thing without the series feeling like just navel gazing by the author. I think this is one of the better series that explores the artistic process because it's more grounded about it too, a lot of these manga about manga series are terribly romantic about what we do. Every group of people has some self flattering story about how they're the centre of the world and what they're doing is the highest good, as do artists, so the acknowledgement that making manga isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things was kind of nice.

There's a lot of nice moments in this story, very worth rereading

joined Feb 17, 2018

This is clearly destined for a het ending. When Diana starts slaughtering commoners, Lapis is gonna be like "oh damn, I don't even need to steal your jewel lets just team up and crush these people." Diana accepts, this shocks Natori out of her "I can fix her" trance and finally makes her wrestle with her moral conscience over serving a villain. She teams up with Gran instead who gives her a job she can be proud of without moral guilt. Lapis is shocked that the person she thought accepted her doesn't, and finds comfort in Diana's simpful arms, before they are both killed by Gran. Natori and Gran get together in the end.

0/10, terrible manga, Neko Tarou why would you betray me like this, remove the yuri tag

(this post is a joke please don't get mad at me)

Rubeus also dies because once he realizes Gran is terminally straight his depraved homosexual heart decides he'd rather kill him than see him with someone else

joined Feb 17, 2018

OK, so hang on . . . in the absence of Elsa being there at that time, the curse would just have gone to Yvonne. And OK, the curse gradually eating her up could turn her into a villainess, fine, fine. But as far as I can tell, in the timeline before we did the time shenanigans, there was no particular sign of either of them bearing this curse, although the future-Elsa, or, um, the Elsa from SOME future, plausibly maybe did. Well, unless the curse manifested to isekai-ed Yvonne as the game villain system (remember that?).

So now we're going to try to change the timeline so one of them DOES have the curse? Or what's going on here?

I dunno. The feeling of the earlier parts of this story being connected to the more recent parts of this story is getting more and more tenuous for me.

The way I read it, in the original story line her mother dies, she gets the curse, and turns into the villainess. Then in the first isekai timeline, the same happens, and then time travel shenanigans are pulled and she goes back in time and takes the curse on voluntarily, sparing her mother. Second Isekai timeline (the one the comic started in) has yvonne growing up in the timeline altered by the first time travel.

but hell if I know. Time travel is always a headache of causality and I've never seen a story not strictly about time travel that has been improved by its introduction

joined Feb 17, 2018

Not everyday you see Arabic in a manga
But it has the typical problem when people who don't know the language try to copy paste a bit of text, the letters are unconnected and backwards
اعتقدت انها كانت قطة لكنها كانت كيساً بلاستيكياً
^how that bit of text is supposed to look
the meaning is sound though it sounds like machine translation, which kind of works with the joke tbh

Cute and nice to see another work from this artist.

last edited at Nov 25, 2023 2:38AM

joined Feb 17, 2018

[extra 3] that door does not open the right way to shut it in her face, she'd have had to shove her out of the doorway to do that lol

joined Feb 17, 2018

I kind of feel like Natori became the MC when she was transported into the world. All the story beats seem to revolve around her and everyone is vying for her attention, like she's the main character, all the while she thinks it's still Diana because that's the version of the story she's familiar with. I'm less familiar with Japanese Isekai specifically but usually stories about being transported to a fantasy world are escapist fodder where you can leave your boring life and go become a big deal somewhere more exciting with bigger stakes but in this case Natori is uninterested in the genre she lands in and is like a lead actor trying to dodge the spotlight.

Also interesting how Lapis and Diana both have the same kind of generic motivation to protect the people you care about. Lapis's sister probably saw a future where Lapis would die and sacrificed herself instead, so Lapis is out for revenge believing she already failed. Possibly leaned into learning barrier magic as a reaction to the loss. Diana meanwhile is like a powder keg and wants the power Lapis developed through suffering. End game is probably Lapis realizing she does have that power now and cares more about Natori than revenge, which is of course made possible by Natori rejecting the story she's in and putting herself in a supporting position/being willing to sacrifice herself in the same way Lapis's sister did which Lapis definitely has strong feelings about.

I love this comic. Thank you and I look forward to being wrong about everything

last edited at Oct 29, 2023 1:16AM

Kundara
joined Feb 17, 2018

I'm sure we need a tag for these types of triangles, but how calling it? Double Love Triangle? Love Square? Love Polygon?

it's more like a line really. Uda->Riri->Nanjou->Hayakawa though I guess the latter two becoming a couple changes it

Kundara
joined Feb 17, 2018

seriously one of the cutest smooch panels I've ever seen

joined Feb 17, 2018

The intrusive thoughts won, gg. I'm up 2 hours past my normal bed time waiting for the chapter to drop so I can post this garbage I came up with while proofreading.

real shit posting dedication

last edited at Sep 8, 2023 2:43PM

joined Feb 17, 2018

"I can fix her" <<< "i can accept her for the messy bitch that she is"

They're both messy bitches but in a sort of complementary way and I absolutely need more of this.

Genuine romance between messed-up people is the best kind of romance fiction, and that's a hill I'm ready to die on.

We'll die together, friend.

Guys i realized I'm into these things too, they are too good.

Hurt people finding comfort, belonging, intimacy with each other is beautiful, why let a little genocide sour the mood

joined Feb 17, 2018

"I can fix her" <<< "i can accept her for the messy bitch that she is"

They're both messy bitches but in a sort of complementary way and I absolutely need more of this.

joined Feb 17, 2018

this is one of those times where it feels like the author is writing fanfiction of their own series

joined Feb 17, 2018

I gotta be that person
where's the second one from

joined Feb 17, 2018

ahh, the force of chaos has arrived. Lets go jealousy arc, I guess.

Kundara
joined Feb 17, 2018

Appropriately enough to the title, that sure is addict logic

joined Feb 17, 2018

reversal haha
Mitsuki lets Aya feel less alone with regards her music taste
Aya makes Mitsuki feel included in school
Circular healing

joined Feb 17, 2018

It's baaaack! The world's greatest, most precious self insert comic.

joined Feb 17, 2018

EDIT: I also wonder how many people would see Ayaka as "pushy" and claim "she's not respecting boundaries", if the story was from Hiroko's pov and we were introduced to her emotional baggage first.

I mean I already do lol
But not really because its operating on romcom logic, this is this story's gimme, otherwise yeah if this were a more grounded story Ayaka's behavior would be very inappropriate and Hiroko largely blameless. Lying to another gay person about your sexual orientation isn't great but you're not obligated to be out to other gay people, especially if you don't trust them not to blab about it when you're living in a homophobic society and closeted for good reason. And her reasons for turning her down are also sensible, just because you like someone doesn't mean it's automatically a good idea to date them. Mostly people are mad because they want the catharsis of seeing them get together, just like every other series

joined Feb 17, 2018

Noo Mitsuki don't go to L.A. That's urban design hell

Kundara
joined Feb 17, 2018

"This kind of thing is not allowed to happen"

Falling in love is haram, casual sex only - sahih bukhari

last edited at Jun 10, 2023 7:11PM

joined Feb 17, 2018

There's a number of contradictions that I'm waiting to see if we get an explanation for. Elsa doesn't know who Yvonne is when they meet at school but remembers her from childhood. Yvonne can't tell Elsa her name but takes her back to her home with her so she obviously knows who she is. Time travel is always a headache of causality and while this isn't the worst example by far I'm of the firm opinion no story not specifically about time travel has ever been improved by the introduction of time travel

joined Feb 17, 2018

By this point Akira is the only single one

Being Akira is suffering