Forum › Posts by erana

joined Jul 8, 2019

Subtle. Very subtle. But maaaaaaaybe it could be that this witch might be kind of... gay?

last edited at May 6, 2024 5:22PM

joined Jul 8, 2019

drama CD mini-manga: we should be VERY glad she is not into Manowar

joined Jul 8, 2019

Well played, Roodypatooti. Well played.

joined Jul 8, 2019

That ending felt a little rushed. It seemed like a complete 180% without earning it? Like there's a part missing towards the end, almost. (Not talking about the scan job, but the story itself.)

All that is there to say about this oneshot, right at first post.

joined Jul 8, 2019

The second edison yukata hit me like a freight train

maybe that's the reason my sugestion to tag Thomas Alva Edison on page 7 was rejected. I totally should have suggested to tag Moderate amounts of Edison instead.

joined Jul 8, 2019

That Yukata deserves its own tag
Thomas Alva Edison on page 7

last edited at Apr 29, 2024 9:18AM

joined Jul 8, 2019

Well, that escalated quickly
Mission failed sucessully

joined Jul 8, 2019

The real curse was the friends we made along the way.

this manga in a nutshell

erana
joined Jul 8, 2019
joined Jul 8, 2019

I must express my most energic repulse to the translator's work. I mean, telling someone off while wearing cool shades should have, for quasi-religious reasons, translated as "...deal with it." The inferior line used is unaceptable.
Tsk, tsk. Kids today.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Well, I'll be damn, a Comic Soundtrack just showed up...

thank you

joined Jul 8, 2019

the TV Tropes guys are gonna have to change the trope image for "determinator" after this chapter...

last edited at Apr 20, 2024 3:26PM

joined Jul 8, 2019

"It's Norwegian, a cheerful yet lonely song"
She's totally listening to Burzum

joined Jul 8, 2019

"nothing good's going to come from falling in love with a dead girl"

...oof that hurts

You'll understand me disagreeing :-)

erana
Love Bullet discussion 14 Apr 07:04
joined Jul 8, 2019

It's entirely possible some, or all, of her suitors were shot before Koharu even arrived, as was the case with the first chapter, so there's no need for them to be shot now. Koharu's here to shoot her friend so she'll [i]reciprocate[/i] someone's feelings. She could also create a new suitor, if she feels the need to, but that isn't actually necessary.

Fair point. However, somebody actually willing to make a bet that she won't also shot heart-eyed girl in the same chapter that she shoots Aki? Because it's a losing bet, I think.
Just pointing out what seems to be a minor inconsistence betwen the actual action and the internal rules, which as I've explicitly stated, is likely done deliberately by the mangaka in the name of storytelling. Which is a good thing. Storytelling should reign supreme in, you know, story telling.
Of course, if Koharu does not shoot the girl in the next chapter (let alone, if someone actually mentions the girl was already in love), the whole point will be moot :-)

last edited at Apr 14, 2024 7:04AM

erana
Love Bullet discussion 13 Apr 20:45
joined Jul 8, 2019

Unless I'm forgetting some exposition from the previous chapters, I think one has to go into this series under the assumption that Love (that is, actual mutual romance) is not a thing that just happens in the organic way we think of it but always by the hand of a cupid.

based on chapter 5, where we see characters being clearly lovestruck without cupid intervention, it follows that love is something that can happen, and the work of a cupid is to ensure it does happen.

The "rules" of Love Bullet's universe are being doled out in in small chunks, and from what we know love must be sparked by Cupids. But whether those feelings last or fade away afterwards is up to each human and their interactions with the person they fall for. The author mentioned in her interview that she made a world "where love is only possible thanks to Cupids". So we can assume that anyone who shows up in already in love has had those feelings triggered by another Cupid's love bullet/bomb in the past, which was stated to be the case for Aoi and Daito in Chapter 0's love triangle.

That might be what the author tries to depict. That is not what the autor does depict.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/love_bullet_ch05#10
Clearly already in love waaaay before being shot by anyone.(1) (Unlike https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/love_bullet_ch05#5 who is clearly shot from off-panel by someone else).
If those are the setting rules, then the author ignored them (an author, ignoring the setting's rules in the name of the actual story? OUTRAGEOUS!) :-)

(1) I mean, with the whole point of the chapter being that it's going to be Koharu the one that will match that girl and Aki, to say that she has not yet being shot is a safe-ish bet.

last edited at Apr 13, 2024 8:51PM

erana
Love Bullet discussion 13 Apr 17:27
joined Jul 8, 2019

Unless I'm forgetting some exposition from the previous chapters, I think one has to go into this series under the assumption that Love (that is, actual mutual romance) is not a thing that just happens in the organic way we think of it but always by the hand of a cupid.

based on chapter 5, where we see characters being clearly lovestruck without cupid intervention, it follows that love is something that can happen, and the work of a cupid is to ensure it does happen.

joined Jul 8, 2019

I won't lie I would prefer it ended on ch30. With non-chan moving on with her previous owner who was the source of the whole curse and Akari, through non-chan, finds actual friends.

would have been the best ending.
But of course, with Akari around, we WERE bound to have the WTF ending instead.
Anyone actually surprised?

joined Jul 8, 2019

was this manga always like this? should be a real tag

joined Jul 8, 2019

Mission failed sucessfully

joined Jul 8, 2019

Like whatever it is that killed her also wants Michi dead, or was maybe even going through Aizawa to get to Michi in the first place.

I have a feeling that the "going through Aizawa to get Michi" part was not an accident

last edited at Apr 4, 2024 8:16AM

joined Jul 8, 2019

tragedy of a different, maybe more terrifying kind than we thought. For the love of God, don't look at page 12!

joined Jul 8, 2019

tragedy

joined Jul 8, 2019

Please do not feed the wildlife
And now you're reading this whole chapter in Sir David Attenborough's voice,
Lesbians in their natural habitat

last edited at Apr 3, 2024 7:37AM

joined Jul 8, 2019

Thanks for the recap. [Urge to re-read with QFG4 OST as BGM intensifies]
I have a feeling that Aizawa just miiiiiiiiight have something in common with the character whose name I'm using. Let's leave it at that.

last edited at Apr 4, 2024 8:08AM