Forum › Posts by erana

joined Jul 8, 2019

Not to be all uhmm akschually but Chiru is only 16 herself (with Senri being 18) at the start of the series, don't quite remember how much time has passed since then. So adult might be, at least for the former, a lil generous.

Joey DeMaio wants to know your location

joined Jul 8, 2019

couple of idiots

erana
Mermaid Bay discussion 12 May 14:36
joined Jul 8, 2019

wat

joined Jul 8, 2019

Hundreds to thousands of people died this chapter. A skyscraper just got cut in half. In HALF. That's an international tragedy. Years of cleanup, restoration, legal battles. Mecha anime is a gift.

It's Manga!Tokyo. They have kaiju/mecha fight evacuation drills weekly, and they consider it a failure if total evacuation takes longer than one off-screen panel. They are fine.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Oookaay, this chapter was so cheesy, it somehow wrapped all the way around the cringe and came back out on the side of epicness again.

My thoughts exactly.

Also, I really, really hope that giant lily is now a permanent fixture of the planet.

My thoughts exactly, too.

joined Jul 8, 2019

I'm a little creeped out that it's conceivable that they let a girl get married while she is still naive about how babies are made.

Sorry to break it on you, but that was actually the expected, in fact in too many cases the normal, situation. We're living in the XXI century, but there have been a lot of centuries before that. So, in fact, it is perfectly conceivable, and not so weird as to have to be "creeped" at it. You are, however, perfectly entitled to shake your head disaprovingly while thinking of how much we have improved.

I wouldn't be shocked if she knew a thing or two about baby-making.

her reaction at the "can we have a baby?" seems to indicate so

last edited at May 2, 2022 4:07AM

joined Jul 8, 2019

This isn't ending next chapter is it? I need to see them dating some more...ok, a lot more.

"つづく" means "to be continued", so it's fortunately not the end

Of course. For it to end, they need to wake up and know it was all a dream!

joined Jul 8, 2019

I know this series most definitely doesn't deserve an "idiot couple" tag, but goodness, does it deserve a couple of idiots one...

I'd say it's closer to Lots of Idiots

seriously consideing to formally request the creation of those tags.Would be applicable to a surprisingly large number of works.

last edited at Apr 10, 2022 7:52PM

joined Jul 8, 2019

I know this series most definitely doesn't deserve an "idiot couple" tag, but goodness, does it deserve a couple of idiots one...

erana
joined Jul 8, 2019

What

the fuck am I reading

joined Jul 8, 2019

Whelp, that chpter was a redefining of the "idiot couple" termn. Somebody, bonk those two on the head with a baka-mallet, STAT!

joined Jul 8, 2019

The only power greater than yuri: Yuri marriage!

I TOLD you all, those girls are heroes, didn't I?

joined Jul 8, 2019

Can we take a second to apretiate how in the middle of a world-ending crisis that may or may not be solved by a yuri marriage-themed giant robot, all our heroines still find time to actually ACT like heroines? That "first we save the world, then we see what you have to say for themselves" line...

erana
Milktea discussion 05 Mar 07:59
joined Jul 8, 2019

There are so many reasons people grow apart, especially when it comes to high school crushes. It does not have to be "I was just experimenting".

True.

Also, for those who said "I wish they had left a bit of hope", any tale of past loves which ends with reminiscing without explicit mention of the separation being indeed forever (past love now hating / dead / married to another person, etc) do, in fact, end with a bit of hope. The reminiscence MIGHT be what makes the reminiscing character to try to eventually, sometime, reunite.
You don't NEED to have listeed to The Moody Blues to understand, but it does help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmmPFrkuPq0 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjImFYf2Vzc (yes, those two songs ARE meant to play in order)

last edited at Mar 5, 2022 8:00AM

erana
joined Jul 8, 2019

Do we have a mutually yandere for fun and profit tag? If not, WHY?

joined Jul 8, 2019

I agree. Yori is a passive idiot that can't say what she wants - but that's actually her strong point. You can relate with that kind of character.
Shiho, however, is such an inmature drama queen that gives me the wish to strangle her (no small feat). No two ways around it.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Page 34:" The Beginning"

joined Jul 8, 2019

ngl, was not caring that much for that second part- until last two pages of chapter 28. So we are AGAIN at her singing for her love, for real.
Let's see how this continues.

erana
joined Jul 8, 2019

THIS IS AMAZING!!!

joined Jul 8, 2019

Any day where this is updated is a good day - and a good day for yuri. Even if it brings us closer to the end of this story.
That is, folks. THIS is the final battle. Anyone REALLY surprised Hina and Makoto Fujigami are returning for the final battle? Because that was a given.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Idiot power!

joined Jul 8, 2019

Chapter 29 be like...
One flesh, one bone, one true religion
One voice, one hope, one real decision
Give me one light, yeah
Give me one hope, hey
Just give me, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme
FRIED CHICKEN!

joined Jul 8, 2019

Itou Hachi Sensei please stop lewding your lolis !

This. Master and Mel is masterful. This is... not.

joined Jul 8, 2019

They were both rock bottoms

joined Jul 8, 2019

If those with power to create custom tags are watching, I humbly-yet-formally request lots of idiocy couple or even insane amounts of idiocy couple for those two.

I mean, yes, we're repeating ourselves with the "they are idiots" comments, but the WHOLE POINT of this series seems to be taking their couple idiocy and turning it well past eleven - to try and elicit from the reader the "let's facepalm harder than a Patric Steward impersonator showing the famous Picard facepalm in a con" reaction. And, judging from the comments, the mangaka is bloody well managing to attain it. Respect. Bonkara DESERVES that custom tag here.

last edited at Jan 16, 2022 2:15PM