Forum › Posts by Astraea Hill

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Aya and Mitsuki are getting "in-tents", lol... Well someone had to say it.

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012
G_r_s__-1776369502764057006-img1

GRS has been turning out fantastic work recently, love seeing posts on Twitter (yeah, yeah, it got renamed - don't care)

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

As an aside, I thought the little shoulder bump (at least that's what it looked like to me) was cute

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

"was this manga always like this?", ha, ha, nice breaking the fourth wall there Mitsuki.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

That was nice, cute little one-shot

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

"To be continued ..." That's good, that's very good.

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

This is nearly at WTF Am I Reading levels, lol.

Ha, ha, I agree with you on that one :D

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

I honestly have never looked at a human person and gone "Wow, she's just like a cat." Or "He reminds me of a puppy!" But I see this all the time in manga. Maybe all these manga characters have more imagination than me...

really? ive been called a puppy half my life lol

Yeah, its typically an energy and personality thing.

I honestly have never [interacted with] a human person and gone "Wow, she's just like a cat." Or "He reminds me of a puppy!" But I see this all the time in manga. Maybe all these manga characters have more imagination than me...

Perhaps it's a cultural thing. Personally, I've never heard anyone compare a person with pets in my life.

In the UK, comparisons to animals are usually negative - saying a girl is a dog would be... not nice. So it's probably a cultural thing.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Love the way Narita shoves his way in at the end lol

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

My day is always better when I see these two

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

It's a little vague, but I think this implies Chizuru hasn't picked up that Aya was talking about Mitsuki.

Unless I'm completely forgetting a scene, Aya only told some of her friends about '' Onii-san'' to begin with and she didn't tell anyone about finding out that it was Mitsuki all along. Narita might be the only other character who's been privy to the whole thing.

Whilst I think you're right, there's always the option that Chizuru has made the connection but as Aya hasn't explicitly said that Onii-san & Mitsuki are the same person she's going along with the idea that they are two different people to avoid any social awkwardness

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

I like the "don't smirk, don't smirk" lol

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

It's not "VS".

It's a X, meaning it's a ship.

Aya's the perceptive one, ie, she can read the mood.
Mitsuki's the oblivious one, who can't read the mood.

My interpretation of this chapter is that Aya looked at the relationship of Joe and Kanna, thought it was nice they could talk so freely and made a parallel with her own relationship with "Onii-san", obviously wishing it would be the same.

And she blurted it out to Mitsuki, forgetting for a moment that Mitsuki=Onii-san. When she realized, she ran away, but it flew over Mitsuki's head completely.

Yes, that's pretty much my take as well.

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

I renumbered the chapters as 1,2,3 as in the volume, instead of the raws site numbering.

Apologies for the confusion.

With this, I can put their title though.

Thank you for your work on this, it's really appreciated.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

What's peoples take on Mao's little hearts when Narita appears (and she's looking at him)? Maybe a side couple?

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Also what the hell Aya, how can you be a fan of all those western artists yet not understand English well enough to figure out the lyrics to Mitsuki's song were wedding wovs?

I listen to a lot of J-Rock including Aldious, Band-Maid, Nemophila, Mutant Monster, and Esprit D'Air but really don't understand any of the lyrics ... I only understand Lovebites because they sing in English.

So it's not surprising in the least that Aya didn't understand Mitsuki's lyrics.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

When I saw the title my mind immediately went to "Restaurant At The End Of The World" as per Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Ha, ha, love it.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Horrifying, disturbing, and kinda cute... What a weird but entertaining mix. Curious to see where this goes.

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

I just don't know where it's coming from. Have the early chapters actually been changed in the tankoubon? Did the author say something about it somewhere? Or are people just making assumptions because the aunt started showing up in the last few chapters, and the uncle hasn't been seen since the early ones?

Translator here. I have the tankoubon and I can confirm that the "uncle" doesn't exist anymore.

Or rather, he never existed in the first place. It was always an aunt. Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

Literally 1984

The early chapters have been redrawn for the tankoubon and some scenes changed a bit (not the plot itself).

Edit: Here, page 10 of chapter 8 in the tank to compare to https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kaijuu_iro_no_shima_ch08#10

Double good plus

Astraea Hill
Love Bullet discussion 19 Jan 13:39
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Okay, these couple of chapters are a little heavy, but we get (hopefully) closure on Aki and Koharu's relationship so that both can move on and allow the story to get back to the slap-stick love gun (yes, that is a deliberate Kiss reference lol) and grenades.

Wonder if we will be getting the backstories of the other Cupids or if it's going to be Koharu centric?

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

That was cute. Thanks for bringing it to us

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Well, it took a while but I'm now caught up. What a fantastic story, I love it!

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Whilst we didn't get a story this week, the picture was... well just check out Twitter and/or IG! (well I'm sure it will turn up here but why wait?)

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Ha, that's a good start... I'm leaning towards the "idot couple" tag appearing at some point (whilst certainly not there yet, there's elements that could lead to it going that way. It depends upon whether it goes the more serious story route or the comedic route)