Forum › Posts by Yasako

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I think the point is she's trying to out her family line as cursed and therefore end it. Nothing to do with society as a whole

And how is revealing the curse gonna do anything about that? At worst, no one believes it, at best, they end up revolutionizing HRT.

It's a genderbend romcom manga published in a shounen magazine that has already established the lengths to which the clan will go to conceal the curse. While it may seem stupid to you, with familiarity with gender issues, it is still internally consistent.

I wouldn't say this is forced drama so much as the catalyst to the family realizing "Oh hey it's not the Edo period anymore, cool!" and letting Hodaka and... I forgot her given name because it's not said enough LOL Akizuki go ahead with their relationship a bit more proactively.

After all, once the news is out, they won't have to hide that Hodaka just randomly becomes a busty babe sometimes, so he won't have to stress over having a skirt on hand when they kiss.

last edited at Mar 22, 2024 9:13AM

joined Oct 14, 2014

I think the point is she's trying to out her family line as cursed and therefore end it. Nothing to do with society as a whole

joined Oct 14, 2014

Owie...

Remember, kids, don't compare your suffering with that of others. We all have different kinds of suffering we're better or worse with.

joined Oct 14, 2014

fuuko is having her growing up arc. she can now become either the weird lesbian aunt (evil, has left countless maidens destroyed in her wake, almost died on at least twenty occasions) or the weird lesbian aunt (settled down with another woman, dual income, gives too many gifts, probably would instantly die without an emotional support female)

joined Oct 14, 2014

Moe up the butt...

joined Oct 14, 2014

my favorite part is how Mumei's segment has her kissing the painting and that counts as her kiss, so Kronii kissing her at the end is something entirely separate from the "Kiss the Warden Day!" feature

joined Oct 14, 2014

Think I'd half written a post sometime (ended up getting eaten by a browser crash) wherein I theorized little Michi was a sentient guardian that real Michi poured her memories into intentionally (or accidentally while making it as strong as possible) to guard Aizawa while she wraps up her ghostly business of finishing out the school year, which normally would be a perilously long time for a ghost to linger without becoming twisted or coming to a bad fate. This made me think that more strongly.

That would be cute AND prevent scope bloat. I like it.

joined Oct 14, 2014

pet peeve: someone translates スタイル as "style"
Given how often the shopping date with a fashion show crops up in yuri manga and how often "sutairu mo ii shi" is said it's kind of an embarrassing faux pas at this point

Calling it now btw, next chapter is gonna be the "You need to get your bra fitted properly" lecture

By the way, Minori Chigusa did the illustration for a vtuber model and her pre-debut teasers were literally just "Look I'm Kafka from Honkai Star Rail" lmaoooo
I forgot her name already. Sorry

last edited at Mar 8, 2024 9:54PM

joined Oct 14, 2014

The credits page indicates someone headcanons that Nadeshiko can perform medical procedures including embalming. Which makes sense given how many sex acts are downright dangerous, but damn.

joined Oct 14, 2014

I'm subscribed to Masatsuka's fanbox.
They post some extras and also food photography (it's the national pastime ig)

The lowest tier is like a dollar, so I recommend subscribing if only to show that people care, especially given how a year or two back they were about to give up

joined Oct 14, 2014

Komachi is gonna survive the attempt and then kill the entire hospital because that would be diegetically awful but extremely amusing for the audience

joined Oct 14, 2014

Komachi is upsettingly relatable

joined Oct 14, 2014

I can't stop saying in my head "Wow this autistic girl is rizzing this other autistic girl up" while reading, watching, or listening to like 80% of yuri media anymore. Where's the lobotomy pick rizz?

joined Oct 14, 2014

"Okay."

Chad...

joined Oct 14, 2014

Ah... Makino... you don't understand how obsessed Asian moms are with continuing the family line...

(armchair psychologist voice) I have reason to believe Asian mothers force the burden of childbearing on their daughters because they themselves had to suffer that pressure, and sunk cost fallacy about bloodline carries intergenerationally.

joined Oct 14, 2014

Based on what I'm seeing in this first chapter, this is a pretty pure dom/sub story. People who are into that will like it, people who aren't won't.

There's the surface level plot of "oh I want to get one over on her so she realizes she isn't so perfect and can have equal relationships with others" but the whole bets thing is just an excuse for them to do romantic DS stuff, both in and out of universe. I assume eventually Wakaba will realize "Hey wait a minute, I keep agreeing to bets that inevitably end with this hot girl ordering me around and making me kiss her and stuff, and that makes me feel good, what could this possibly mean?"

Anyway, I like the way they position the characters, with Komaki above Wakaba, wrapping her legs around her possessively. It was also a good choice to have Komaki be taller and fuller figured. I don't expect this to be an especially clever or original story, but they're getting the core appeal stuff right.

Did you read in rice to get that idea about the plot? like this ain’t the first time we got this kind of weird plot in romance were we have the biggest cunt act like that and we are supposed to think “she has feelings so she is gonna humiliate her out of love”

this is FAR from BDSM! this is the Japanese weirdo concept of “bullying out of love”

I think you're approaching this all wrong. It's normal to think “oh this is unrealistic, it would be impractical or immoral or unhealthy or toxic to do this in real life” when you see something like this, but if you want to enjoy this kind of media you have to be able to turn that part of your brain off. You have to enjoy this kind of thing on a completely libidinal, illogical level. You have to ignore your logical brain and go with your gut: “do i find this kind of interaction enjoyable or intriguing?” For a lot of people the answer will be no. That's fine. Different strokes for different folks. That's why we have tags on this website. This one's for the freaks (and frankly it's pretty light so far).

I always felt weird about people complaining about 50 shades of gray. They'd roast it for having a shitty plot or being an unrealistic unhealthy depiction of BDSM as if the target audience had any reason to give a shit about that. The middle aged women who read that crap just cared if they found it hot. Enjoyment of low-brow edgy romance fiction is a totally id-based thing, you don't need cerebral moralistic concerns.

I hate the idea that every piece of media has to be some kind of moral instruction manual for how to live your life. Like yeah, if I emulated the actions of these fictional cartoon characters it would go horribly for everyone involved, but who cares. I just want to see a toxic relationship in a comic book and go “oh that's freaky I like that” and if you can't relate, that's just a difference in taste isn't it?

TLDR: DLDR

I don't even think you need to turn your brain off (and in the case of the person you're replying to I don't think they need that advice lol), more just abstract the level from which you're looking at the story.
It seems very likely to me that for this manga you're not supposed to be looking at these characters and judging them as people on moral standards (almost no media is written for the audience to morally judge it, just like Chick tracts and garbage like that basically lol), but rather feeling these characters as bundles of emotion and conflict and desire. Of course Komaki looks like a haughty bitch, we're not seeing any sort of "objective" portrayal of a character, we're seeing her through Wakaba's subjective perspective, tinted by her emotions.

the person you're replying to probably can't figure that out between the blood rushing to their head and the blood rushing to their lower half

Yuri is generally written from an abstracted point of view where the audience is not necessarily intended to involve themselves personally in the media at all. Even wall-kun otaku are getting too personal with it. ofc people don't tend to think that spicy media can also have other aspects and that's where we get antishippers and (the worse kinds of) proshippers

FYI, you can read and enjoy incest stories on the regular and not be a proshipper, it's called critical enjoyment

last edited at Feb 25, 2024 4:51PM

joined Oct 14, 2014

Huh, all the weirdly introspective internal monologue brings this from a "wow, she is losing bets and has to play gay chicken howwww original" to "omg this is kinda cool actually"

Also in Japanese losing is a euphemism for like subbing or something LOL they really baked the Reversal tag into the premise

joined Oct 14, 2014

not pictured: makoto talking her out of it two weeks later because yui's social skills are so bad she can't even manipulate makoto into doing anything for her so it's just boring as hell

joined Oct 14, 2014

wait why was this chapter kind of awesome

Yasako
joined Oct 14, 2014

I'm more confused why this 10 year old has anxieties about the crushing reality of society and not being good enough

joined Oct 14, 2014

Just because a manga is a horny manga doesn't mean the same type of horny has to apply to every part of it. The fact that the horniness in this manga remains grounded in "lmao why are female villains so sexual" combined with the (downplayed) internal conflict of Utena being obsessed with the genre yet messing with it herself keeps it a step above.
I tried watching the anime for the first time today. It was unwatchable. This isn't even about animation; the people who did the storyboarding and series composition are just utterly incompetent. Spending an extra gushillion dollars on very drawn-out, smooth, detailed cuts of frankly boring shit and making it take way longer to adapt has to be made illegal or something. Like, this is the kind of manga that would do well adapted into one of those anime with effectively 500 unique frames an episode.

SHAFT wouldn't have done this so dirty, but they're high on monogatari bucks and we're never getting another pani poni or puni poemy ever again

joined Oct 14, 2014

most of these manhua are frankly incomprehensible despite the relatively high quality translations due to very, VERY poor paneling/understanding of sequential art anyway
I'd be more interested in finding out how many of these were adapted from webnovels and getting those licensed

joined Oct 14, 2014

I'm a bit surprised that we still are going with the Moderate amounts of sex tag.

This manga has "moderate" amounts of sex?!?!?!?

I'd love to meet the taggers who made that choice and ask them exactly what it is that they call lots and heaps and truckloads of sex.

The Dynasty sex tags have always been about the vibes of the sex as opposed to the amount tbf

joined Oct 14, 2014

Oh, we're getting back to where we were, but with more players in the game this time. I get the feeling Tania here is gonna trigger some sort of possessiveness in Natalia.

joined Oct 14, 2014

This is like a slapstick comedy on Mai's side LMAO