Forum › I Wanna Quit Being a Hitman! discussion

naschyamamoto
Alit%20rider%20kick!
joined Jun 22, 2022

I am growing increasingly worried about the priest dad's odds of survival in this story.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I am growing increasingly worried about the priest dad's odds of survival in this story.

Three words: Poor Communication Kills.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Besides, the thing about trains is that they have known destinations. They kinda are the worst getaway vehicles ...

Well, yeah, but we're talking Japanese high speed trains here. They're faster than anything else, so it doesn't matter if you know where they're going, you can't get there first. Even with a plane, when you add time at airports you only catch up if it's a pretty distant destination.

If you have a big organization, you call ahead to have someone meet the train. (Cue initial plot of the Lensmen universe.)

Of course that applies less when your target is some daredevil athlete literally on the train, rather than in it.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The priest is spoiling his daughter so much he won't even tell her what's wrong with the "divert the trolley so it kills the fat man in the cave" dilemmas. Which may spell his death. Clearly, they should team up: the priest, to find out who in the hierarchy is gathering the data, and why, the hit-woman to get herself and Benika and father to safety.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

damn, this is excellent so far, the latest chapter really turned it up. i always suspected the government was running the hitmen but now i'm almost certain.

i've never read a manga that felt remotely so politically timely and vital before (possibly excluding lgbt issues), it's very refreshing.

here we go again people think everything is american politics lol

here from were I live in EU there is jack of politics not the same way US seemns to boil every time the president forget’s were he is, or the talking orange ex-president says something and twitter boils over

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Lady Lamperouge
__c_c_code_geass_drawn_by_creayus__865456f1cfacc546b5861bbfed2beb26
joined Jan 22, 2023

damn, this is excellent so far, the latest chapter really turned it up. i always suspected the government was running the hitmen but now i'm almost certain.

i've never read a manga that felt remotely so politically timely and vital before (possibly excluding lgbt issues), it's very refreshing.

here we go again people think everything is american politics lol

here from were I live in EU there is jack of politics not the same way US seemns to boil every time the president forget’s were he is, or the talking orange ex-president says something and twitter boils over

Sir this is a website for cartoon lesbians

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

For some reason this chapter made me think of Priest Cop

joined Mar 4, 2017

The tone of the manga's title and the man get itself is definitely dissonant.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

The damn priest had the answer right then and there,and might actually happen too,they team up to fight off both the priests who gathered all that intel and the hitman agency itself.

Might end up with him passing away,leaving his daughter under the care of the hitlady,we'll have to see.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Here's a deep cut reference for you.

Now I know you won't refuse
Because we've got so much to do
And you got nothing more to lose
So take this number and welcome
To Operation Mindcrime
We're an undergrond revolution working overtime.

Points to anyone who gets the reference

Queensryche

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
This story reminds me of the Operation Mindcrime album. Especially the part where the hitman is ordered to kill the priest and the nun he is in love wirh.

joined Jan 22, 2015

Agreed, but no tragedy tag (yet) so maybe a happyish ending?

joined Feb 20, 2023

Also, I have a problem with the girlfriend asking her to quit her job so they can hang out more. Like wtf?! That's VERY selfish and controlling. I get wanting to not be an assassin but to ask your s.o. to quit their job for you to hang out more??... wth. (Also, she's a student so she must be busy herself =/.)

I personally think this is genius in the story for her to be a high schooler. This makes her naivete and optimistism make sense as she's still a teen and the closeness with her dad make sense. But more importantly... this is a grown-ass woman dating a high schooler, getting her romance and only reciprocal (unlike with the priest) human interaction from a teenager. This signals the tragedy and creepiness of the character : even if no one had to die, the "desired" outcome would be a fully adult woman who's deeply traumatised and alone consuming a relationship with a teenage girl, which is messed up!

Do we know how old the Rose is? When it comes to the underworld it's not unusual to have characters that dropped out / never went to school because they had to work instead. She definitely looks older than Benika but depending on what the author has in mind I can see the gap being as low as a 18 and 20 situation.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Do we know how old the Rose is? When it comes to the underworld it's not unusual to have characters that dropped out / never went to school because they had to work instead. She definitely looks older than Benika but depending on what the author has in mind I can see the gap being as low as a 18 and 20 situation.

Rose is ex-military, so I wouldn't place her that young. Although we don't know how long she served, in what kind of military, or the age where she signed up

last edited at May 12, 2023 3:48PM

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Considering the soft cyberpunk-esque setting, she probably could have been a child soldier

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Sucks to be you, dad...

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

something tells me the Tragedy and Aaaaaangst tag will be added soon

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

So uh everyone dies except Benika ending???

Although this chapter was pretty hopeful feeling so maybe there is a happy ending to this after all?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I can't really see this playing out the way she wishes, especially with the plan now explained to take everyone out at once, but it might not go as badly as feared either, depending on what she does and how the priest acts now that he's been warned...

joined Apr 16, 2022

The priest saying he'd rather kill himself than let his daughter bear the burden of guilt feels like an obvious death flag, but this manga has maintained a fairly lighthearted tone despite the extremely brutal subject matter so far, so it's hard to know for sure.

joined Mar 26, 2021

So how bad are things going to get? That new rosary the priest got from the archbishop is almost certainly bugged, so the whole plan is leaked to the targets... Rose is a professional, but she might get ambushed. And the priest dad isn't safe either, he might get killed for being a traitor because he, individually, was warned by his would-be assassin...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Rose is a professional, but she might get ambushed

Archbishop seems to be pro-refugees though, while the shady organization (and the country in general) seems to happily abuse them. So I wouldn't be surprised if he sacrifices himself so she can do her job, but gives her a piece of information (or somesuch) that'll turn her against the organization.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Yeah, like I feel I've watched this movie before. Where the hitman finds someone they care about and try to get it both ways.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Just to give people a little piece of mind

I found the raws, and while I haven't read them because I am poor, from the thumbnails it seems like priest dad surives. Here's the link to see yourself https://comic-days.com/episode/3269632237268449361

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

The damn priest had the answer right then and there,and might actually happen too,they team up to fight off both the priests who gathered all that intel and the hitman agency itself.

Might end up with him passing away,leaving his daughter under the care of the hitlady,we'll have to see.

She figured it out on her own,hot damn.

And this comment section has provided the few key aspects,but seeing how those aspects get there is going to be neat.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

As a person of faith, I really like the Priest's portrayal in this series so far. It strikes me as the kind of things I'd hear from pastors I've met in real life.

To reply you must either login or sign up.