Forum › Posts by rainbow8

rainbow8
Frostbite discussion 26 Jul 18:25
joined Jan 14, 2020

yurifan97 posted:

Our mc sorta rarted aint she?

Don't use the word "rarted," thanks.

I had never heard the word before; seems to be new slang? You might want to explain why it's banned.

joined Jan 14, 2020

There are 85 English GBC fics on AO3 right now.

Link

joined Jan 14, 2020

Well that Westermarck effect failed just like their parents' marriage.

Interesting article about this subject I dug up from the archives of yesteryear: https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2003/may/17/weekend7.weekend2

Lol that article was exactly what I thought it would be.

I think the twins were old enough at separation that Westermarck should still have taken effect. But I am not one to nitpick a hot incest story with boring reality.

last edited at Jul 26, 2024 3:02AM

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Nagisa may be unused to drama of any kind. These are teenagers. Could have been going "??? DOES NOT COMPUTE, OUT OF CHEESE ERROR" at what Glasses was doing.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

I forgot about that one year timeskip. Jeez.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Kase-san vibes yeah, but Nagisa avoided the trap. No stupid competition.

As for the last page's "I'll just cause her pain, I don't want to be with her right now", I think those are Mashiro's thoughts. She's picked up the idiot ball, but somewhat justified given her past insecurities.

But on reading the comments and re-reading the pages... I'd say it's unclear whose thoughts they are. But, the closeup on Mashiro's face (last page) is after Nagisa has moved behind her (previous page), so it's not a Nagisa-POV view of Mashiro, just us.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Citrus can be classified as pseudo-incest. Partly because them being (step)sisters does tickle similar naughtiness receptors, and partly because there are similar "dating in the family" risks with 'true' incest, like possible power imbalance (less an issue when they just met at age 15) or being trapped in the same family after a bad breakup.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Trivial similarity: the presentation of barley tea to guests in both works.

Probably this is very basic and default in Japanese culture, with the only drama being the fight early on over Sendai's drink. But I hadn't heard of barley tea (mugicha) before living in Japan a few years ago, and it doesn't come up often in fiction. At least not in anime and manga: perhaps it's because drinks are rarely visually distinct, and barley tea is so default that it's not worth highlighting in dialogue (unlike strawberry milk or caramel milk, or even offering coffee). I don't think it came up in the Arioto manga either, but it did in both sets of novels. Pure text format leads to more specific descriptions of some things, i.e. "barley tea, huh she's treating me like a proper guest" vs. simply seeing cups on the tabel

joined Jan 14, 2020

I think Shiori is the landmine.

Also, Unix man page credits, whaaaaa

joined Jan 14, 2020

I'll throw out the insane idea of a threesome sequel where the mom joins in lol

Given that they seem to both kind of hate mom, that'd be new levels of toxic threesome.

Maybe a punishment thing? "You're a bad mom and we'll make you pay."

joined Jan 14, 2020

ChatGPT would also say you can use bleach as lube.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

After trying to unalive herself she instead murdered someone else?

No, I think Maika sacrificed herself to undo MC's spell.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Art style keeps making me think of Can't Defy the Lonely Girl.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

I only said she was selfish "in my eyes".

What should Fuwako have done to not be selfish?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Jun-chan is Interested in Lesbian Brothels

rainbow8
Citrus + discussion 16 Jul 11:54
joined Jan 14, 2020

Oh, a lot of us would want to see them fuck! It's just not the root of the complaints and criticism of Citrus+. Or put another way, we'd like to see it but it's not a "demand". The demand is "some sign of affection? Any? Please?" Which the wordless special delivered better than the entire rest of the series.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

How is Fuwako being selfish?!

joined Jan 14, 2020

"NTR marriage trap" lol wot

Foreshadowing.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Funnily enough lil sis has a higher chance of getting her sister's attention by starting to date MC since big sis has a thing for taken women xD

poly ending when

joined Jan 14, 2020

I wonder what the over-under is on Kanna lying about Miyuki proposing to her.

Ding.

Maybe Miyuki helped Natsuko realize that she likes girls?

Semi-ding. Natsuko knew, but Miyuki helped her stay strong.

there's just something really weird about these stories I suppose?

They are pretty dumb as stories, running on sheer audacious energy.

she's literally expressed zero romantic interest in anyone but Kan-chan

Not sure she's expressed romantic interest in Kanna yet, but Kanna is the one person she really remembers and feels at all close to.

rainbow8
Picnic discussion 13 Jul 18:55
joined Jan 14, 2020

Clearly the short girl should become her girlfriend cum personal manager.

"Gimme your pay check and I'll give you some spending money while paying off your bills."

joined Jan 14, 2020

Japanese law that minors are restricted on the hours they can work per day and per week, and there may restrictions that they can’t work at night time and restrictions on hazardous taskes they are asked to perform.

Well the footnotes aren't MTL...

joined Jan 14, 2020

why are all of my favourite artists and content creators getting sick?!

It's almost as if we're in an ongoing pandemic of a highly contagious and potentially crippling disease despite the attempts of most of the world to bury their head in the sand.

joined Jan 14, 2020

The so-called "incest arc" has barely started.

I'm expecting more of a "siscon" arc, Miki being a bit obsessive/jealous of her sister's attention but not actually masturbating to thoughts of her, and the drama being about getting Miki to grow up and let go.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I don't think her goal is to run away at 18, it's to get a clue about love by 18. If her sister ran away, she can at least do that much, right? (Her thoughts, not mine.)