Forum › Posts by rainbow8

joined Jan 14, 2020

If you're asking how to download a chapter, it's the little left arrow to the left of Resize.

If you're asking how to record that you read it, eh, there's a menu-looking button that pops up lists: To Read, Read, Favorite, Subscribed, and you can mark there.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Presumably that's not an easy mistake to make in Japanese.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

it's okay, the class pres can take care of her diabetic mob boss wife

joined Jan 14, 2020

Hmm. Mostly I haven't felt incipient drama, just bumbling teen fluff. A few things do worry, though. Most obvious is the "moderate luck" fortune that Umi drew. Not that I believe in fortune-telling but the author seemed to be putting her thumb on things there. Umi seems very lucky so far, so what's the downside...?

I can also imagine some problems. Umi seems to be Shou's first friend, ever, as well as first girlfriend. Um has been lusting after Shou more, but Shou needs Umi emotionally more than the reverse. That could go some bad places; maybe the "don't tell your friend" is shuffling toward that.

And while I've liked to imagine Nae as a latent bisexual who happens to have arranged her own perfect marriage, there's no real evidence of that; maybe she would turn out to be homophobic and Umi be pulled between best friend/friend group and girlfriend.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Yeah, re-read or bookmark my notes. :p

I wonder about Shou's reluctance too, but don't think we know enough to really guess. Fear of homophobia, fear of standing out, some idea of wanting to keep Umi to herself (doesn't really make sense but feels plausible in a hazy way), fear of the school separating them... maybe having a more negative impression of Nae given the latter "coming on" to her the first sleepover night. :)

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

There's also the shoujo romance bubbles in the "only one person" panels. The forehead bonk is really close, and then we end on a beautiful moon.

Also feels "probably yuri" given the similarity to https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/what_i_want_to_do_now_that_im_no_longer_an_idol even if it's technically a different couple.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Just found this. Hot.

Now to reply to 10 year old comments:

Has anyone ever peeled tape off their skin? That shit has got to hurt.

They make medical/skin tape for that.

Now it begs the question: could this really work in real life.

It could, yes. Making strong associations with things is a common mnemonic practice in general, and making associations with places is the venerable method of loci. It wouldn't be guaranteed to work on a single pass, without rehearsal, but I don't think it's that implausible.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Nice work!

joined Jan 14, 2020

Cute fluff on re-read.

joined Jan 14, 2020

My puberty was long ago, I have no idea what 'realistic' sexual awakening is, apart from a research websearch on same.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm just worried someone official will cotton on and make them stop sharing a room.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Shou's useless-lesbianess reached peak levels this chapter

Hey, she's been good.

"That's fine. I don't want you to ever stop liking me."

"Kiss me, now, before you change your mind."

joined Jan 14, 2020

I have to conclude that either Nae has a killer poker face, or she has utterly failed to connect Umi's dots, namely "Umi likes someone she won't tell me about" and "Umi has gotten really close with Shou".

joined Jan 14, 2020

did she step on her foot when they were kissing?

Given that Umi's feet seem firmly planted, and given Shou's later behavior, I think it was something else. Like having a spasm of desire and freaking out. Baby's first horniness.

last edited at Apr 9, 2024 2:22AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

I wouldn't say I outright agree, but I did wonder.

Also the nurse seems sensitive to the possibility of escapades. "Why are the two of you out here by yourselves."

last edited at Apr 8, 2024 10:38PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Can we get some claps for a blackrose upload (they scanlated it better than me imo)

claps

joined Jan 14, 2020

So much for "Chinese censorship doesn't allow sexy yuri"

Unless the author actually lives in Taiwan or something.

joined Jan 14, 2020

given speculation about the boy

it'd be a twist if spiriting away happens regularly in this world, at some low rate, but people don't talk about it, because it's not frequent enough to be "not crazy".

joined Jan 14, 2020

I miss this so much, my favorite manga dropped

It's still updating officially (up to 147 here https://global.manga-up.com/manga/33 ) Unofficial sources exist but only up to 145.

joined Jan 14, 2020

An alarming development for Umi, having her gf run off without explanation. But maybe she'll get some sleep tonight. Or maybe she'll stay up worrying. (Or maybe she's exhausted enough she could have slept even with Shou there.)

joined Jan 14, 2020

Yay!

Links to past notes if anyone wants a refresher:

me on Blue Star cast https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/887545

me on Blue Star notes https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/887984

me on 15-17.1 side characters
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/891193
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/892034

me on Blue Star 17.1 notes
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/891061

ch 17.2
dinner time! Nae and Umi together as usual. Umi glancing at Shou and blushing.
Makki chowsing down. Yosshi picks up on ingredients.
table: Yosshi, Makki, Ibu, Zumiko
guide tells Yosshi to save room for dessert. we learn her family name.
3rd day, flight home tomorrow
oh right, Yosshi's birthday, cake brought out for her.
we finally see Ibu's face. "Nice cake, huh? happy birthday" smile and blush.
Yosshi says she'll make a cake for Ibu, and not lose even to Umi. Ibu makes non-smiling side-eye back.
Umi asks Shou to meet her in the lounge.
Yosshi goes for it! Asks Takahashi for his number. Denied. Ken and
Makki look at her. Zumiko closed-eye/sweat, maybe relieved. Ibu glancing away.
Photo okay. Zumi takes it. Ibu blah, others smile. That pattern continues.
Yosshi complains about how she looks, Zumi angry.
Umi: I'm going to see Shou. Nae: Do you want me to come with you? Umi: Hell no.
Zzz... yay, Shou wakes her up. Date time!
"Nakano likes to shop", so I guess that was Shou's group back in 13.2
the aggressive brown-hair who lectured Shoul about gifts.
present! glass cup. "gentle and comfy, like you"
Umi: "I love you. And can I tell Nae about us?" Denied!
Shou says "I really love you" back, cut off by kiss.
teachers almost catch them, find it suspicious. Nurse is suspicious.
Shou: "wait, do you mean? ... nothing". Then goes to sleep in her room.
last panel, Shou awake in bed. maybe she's finally conscious of Umi?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Do we have to wait till fall for 17.2? I would have thought 17 would be entirely in one volume...

joined Jan 14, 2020

She also has the ability to contact Asumi but is being very lax about the whole thing.

Does she? How?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Mother has a nuclear option: "if you take me down, I reveal you're a woman"

joined Jan 14, 2020

Calling her her crush? GOOD.

From Discord, the Japanese is still "oshi", so it's a translator choice.