Forum › Posts by Chikaon

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Bro the childhood friend has no chance after that backstory lol

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Erika is best girl, ever since chapter 1. She is the most interesting character out of the three (probably because we have gotten the most insight to her as a person) and I really hope she gets her happy ending (not with Koto).

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

LMFAO this just took the most unexpected turn and I fucking love it. Just love how it gets crazier and crazier each chapter

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Prob just a co-worker who walked her home because she forgot her umbrella. Although I wouldn't mind if older sis found herself a hot gf too

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Not gonna lie. I don't think it stuck the landing. Also, every single time a yuri has a little flashback to show why one character likes another the reason ends up being really dumb. She liked Shizuku because she reached for something off a shelf and then insulted her? What? Also it relies on way too many coincidences.

I don't think Kaori liking Shizuku after that meeting was dumb or unrealistic. People have fallen in love for less lol

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Thank you for the hard work on this translation. Absolutely loved the ending panel. The final title drop that doubles as a message to the readers was masterfully done.

I'm glad Kaori answered a lot of questions that were left and explained why she didn't confess herself even when she knew about Shizuku's obvious feelings. I think it still doesn't completely make up for dragging out the confession the past few chapters, but I feel better about it.

Looking forward to any extras. I hope there is a happy one showing Shizuku living a fulfilling life in the future.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Man I dunno what they were thinking having Aya try to just be an adult right away. She should have at least started home schooling or something...

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Damn I feel bad for Gotou...but you know so far this is looking to be one of Kodama Naoko's more grounded works and less despicable love interest lol. I thought it was pretty nice that Gotou offered to step up and pull her share of the costs. Hope everything works out for her before too much goes to shit.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Just 1 more chapter to go. It's kinda shame they couldn't say each other their feelings tbh.

They did. The last words is Shizuku's novel were "I love you," which was her way of confessing. Kaori understands this and replies with "me too" via text.

I know that. What I meant was to say they love each other not in written way but spoken.

Shizuku did tell her in person on page 30. The small bubble says "I love you" https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kimi_to_tsuzuru_utakata_ch31#30

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Omg! Awesome news! Definitely getting it when it releases

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I'm glad Shizuku was able to confess in person, but when she said she was gonna send the novel once she got home, I groaned because it getting dragged out again was getting so annoying. I hope it was Kaori who actually read the novel before she passed and not like her sister taking pity on Shizuku and responding in Kaori's place.

I absolutely adored the text messaging panels with their reactions drawn next to it. The brief moment of joy before the inevitable pain. Again glad Shizuku was able to confess in person and the symbolic hand kiss to Kaori placing her hand to her mouth was beautiful (still woulda preferred a full kiss, but I can appreciate the artistic direction). I just really wished they were able to spend some time together after the confession.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Cute one shot! Too bad it ended just as it was going somewhere tho. Sugi wins best wingman of the day!

Tbh the only reason I checked this one out as fast as I did was because of the insane amounts of scanlators. Gave me a big laugh when I saw it on the release page. I had to click on it to make sure I wasn't hallucinating or it was a glitch lol. Then that credits page LOL. Thanks to all the scanlators for the hard work you guys do. Seriously bless you guys for always filling up our years with yuri (and other interesting stories!). HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Oooo from the author of Swap Swap!

So far this chapter was cute, but nothing groundbreaking. I'm curious what the author has in store though since I adored Swap Swap.

so the story wasn’t bad for a first chapter, but you needed to day some bad about the story anyway! the majority of the Yuri stories aren’t “groundbreaking” in the LEAST, do you remind every one that every time you read a story?

it will had been something else if some one was praising the story to hell and back so you can remind them this ain’t “groundbreaking”

Lmao take a deep breath buddy and chill out, it's gonna be ok.

I just settled on "nothing goundbreaking" because I was kinda underwhelmed after getting my expectations raised from knowing it's Swap Swap's successor. With such a wacky premise, it played out like a typical story that is about babies did. I thought this chapter 1 lacked the impact I want from a first chapter.

Swap Swap is similar where they had something crazy happen, but the MCs just lived life as normal and used the power for stupid things. That was what made Swap Swap so charming so I'll give this series a chance and see what else the author got up their sleeves, but the characters didn't grab me from the beginning like Swap Swap did. I don't really have as good of an idea of who these characters are compared to the end of ch 1 in Swap Swap since most of it was there to set up the living situation and the MCs feelings about the baby. I went back to reread Swap Swap's chapter 1 and found it funnier too.

I also hope the story is gonna be more than just about raising a baby because most of the time I find that kinda boring.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Oooo from the author of Swap Swap!

So far this chapter was cute, but nothing groundbreaking. I'm curious what the author has in store though since I adored Swap Swap.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I can already tell we are gonna get into abuse and aaaaaangst territory.

I usually like my stuff pretty Fluffy, and I really don't think this author does Fluffy. If it's ANYTHING like Brides of Ibris, it's gonna make me anxious to read. Also if it's anything like Brides of Ibris, this forum thread is gonna be a toxic nightmare to navigate.

Well the forum thread was a toxic nightmare because Brides of Ibris had men in it and any series that has bisexuality in it becomes a toxic cesspool here unfortunately.

This new series seems to not have any men (yet) so we'll see. Akiyama Haru could always pull an Octave and have the dude be a one off plot point. I doubt this'll be as experimental as Brides of Ibris since it didn't sell well.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Yasss been looking forward to Akiyama Haru's next work. My body is prepared for whatever she has in mind. Loved all her works so far and I'm sure I'll enjoy this one too.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I mean, it's really not all that different from how our first couple started.

Yeah, the lines and sentiments are very close as well (Yori & Shiho's). There's been loose main couple parallels it's been pushing (i.e Yori to Shiho, Hima to Aki).

Yes, it's supposed to parallel HimaYori's relationship, with a key distinction. HimaYori's relationship doesn't have the messy history of one them already running out on the other one when her love did not pan out. Hima did not have the pressure knowing that could Yori potentially ghost her and act like an asshole again when she doesn't get her way. So while there are structural similarities, it's not the same dynamic in context.

She's not afraid of losing a friend. She's drawing a direct comparison between a potential romantic interest and her current closeness to Shiho, which she's still struggling to confidently label. She's not worried that Shiho would abandon her. She's worried that their current level of closeness and intimacy would not be the same.

I feel like this conclusion requires more reading between the lines than I'm comfortable with. The explanations in your comment feel like assumptions based on context that wasn't provided in text. The author could have completely left out page 25 and it would have been a fine confession that conveyed the same feelings. By including page 25, the author is bringing attention to a critical issue that Aki's worried about, which is that Shiho would abandon their friendship if things remain as they are. In your interpretation, you feel like that's not actually what Aki means. If that's the case, then this is poor writing on the author's part, because that leaves so much open to interpretation in a scene the readers meant to feel good about. This is a reoccurring problem with this series and that's why Shiho is such a polarizing character, because readers can easily interpret the scenes in drastically different ways. (Another scene that comes to mind was when Aki said "The one at fault is me" after finding out about Shiho's feelings.)

"I don't have romantic feelings towards you, but I don't want to be apart from you."

We can see it as something wholesome because of the gorgeous art and because we know that Aki is a great person with no bad intentions, but it's a dangerous game to play, especially when on the other side is such a mentally fragile person.

You left out the most important parts of that segment. She said "If I were to think about whether I have romantic feelings towards you right now..." and "I'd probably thinks it's not that kind of feeling just yet."

With the heavy emphasis she's putting on the "not yet", it's pretty clear that she isn't "just" asking her out bc she's desperate to keep her around as a friend. She absolutely goes into this confession with the expressed intention to come to love her romantically as well.

Even if it's not "just" because Aki is desperate to keep Shiho as a friend and Aki is expressing the desire to eventually love Shiho romantically, page 25 still leaves room for the interpretation that keeping Shiho in her life is one of Aki's main motivations for asking Shiho out. Shiho's reaction to the line, "If we were just to remain friends, and I found myself another lover, would you still stay with me as we are right now?," indicates that she hasn't completely grown out of the same mindset that caused her ghost in the first place. That's why I feel this confession happened too quickly. Yes, Aki didn't have the time to figure out her feelings yet, but she pulled the trigger before she was ready to prevent Shiho from running off again. I'd just feel better about this confession if the author had shown a time period where Shiho was friends Aki without expecting anything romantically out of her before Aki asked Shiho out. The time period doesn't even have to be that long. I'll even take a month (I know time is subjective), but it's only been like a few days (a week?) since everything happened.

To be clear, I like Shiho as a character and was rooting for AkiShiho to happen. I just wasn't happy with the way it happened. Not that I wanted the author to drag out this arc any further, but it would've been nice to see a few more chapters of the cast living their life (maybe start a new arc) while AkiShiho's repaired friendship simmered in the background before they got together.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I loveeee all the Ruka thirst trap horny shots. Ughhh they're so good

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I have to disagree, a lot of relationships start from one side and the other person thinks "hey maybe I'll give it a chance, it might work and I'm comfortable with this person" of course just giving it a chance is not enough and Shino knows this so she ask "Can you kiss me too?" which implies things like "do you find me attractive in a romantic short of way?" and looks like she got her answer... I think they'll be fine, I mean surely they might fight and break up and then go back together again, but that's life and true love has friction from time to time.

They can make it work

While it's true plenty of people start dating with a "why not, I'll try it out" mentality, I think my issue with how this situation played out is how Aki made it seem like she only asked Shiho out because she knew Shiho would continue to avoid her if they were just friends. I think it's purely this part that makes me a little uncomfortable because it makes it seem like Aki primarily asked Shiho out out of fear of losing a friendship over genuine interest in her as a girlfriend.

So out of the gate, in this relationship we have this weird unhealthy cycle where one person is waiting for the other person to return her feelings and one person feeling pressured to return those feelings out of fear of losing that person.

(Which, again, usually I'm all for this toxic dynamic in stories, but the way it's portrayed as wholesome without acknowledging those issues is weird for me)

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I'm kinda disappointed that Aki asked her out so fast, but I do like that she's up front about the current state of her feelings. Dunno why they couldn't just stay as friends while Aki figured out her feelings. I mean, I know why they did it this way because they acknowledged that Shiho would most likely run away again if Aki got into a relationship with someone else, but ugh I really don't like this ball chain situation they got going on. Which is funny since I normally really enjoy toxic codependent relationships like this, but I think since this story always inserts some realistic, healthy portrayals of relationships, it's a bit harder to turn the brain off.

I think I just have to accept that they won't ever address everything that's wrong with Shiho in a way I'd like and just enjoy whatever fluff the author has for the couple going forward.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Nanase really is doing her best and I don't really have any complaints about how she's handling the relationship. First I did kinda side eye her bringing along Yuki to their "date" but she did ask Yuni how she was currently feeling which Yuni again lied about and you really can't blame her for wanting her gf and BFF to get along.

I didn't like how Nanase forgave Yuni and got back together with her at first, but you know I'm glad they showed that sometimes it just won't work out no matter what you do.

Chikaon
Ikoku Nikki discussion 20 Dec 19:02
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I'll check out the live action even if it most likely won't be a fraction of how good the manga is. I really hope we can get an English license for this story though.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Erika-sama my beloved!!!

Erika and Aya interactions are so much fun. Rivalries ftw! Ugh I ship them, but alas they're both so focused on Koto.

Hope to see more of what's going on in Koto's mind since it always feels like looking into a dark foggy night watching her. She's almost like a blank slate so it's hard to find her interesting as a character right now.

Edit: well I went back to reread chapter 5 and forgot we did get a look from her perspective, but I still want to see more of Koto that isn't about her feelings for Aya. She feels pretty one note and maybe that is the point: her will to live is constantly influenced by Aya and the story is telling us about how unhealthy her fixation on Aya is...but yeah hope we see more from her soon.

last edited at Dec 20, 2023 6:27PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Leaders being down bad the chapter

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

So good to see Makino make progress in her life even if her main motivation is because she's horny.