Forum › Posts by Chikaon

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Sigh another update, another day of sadness. It really sucks because as a chapter on its own, I think Akiyama is doing a great job with what she's been given. Even though rushed af, it's still a good chapter. Just gonna forever lament about the lost potential.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
103161961_p49

^It's pjsk because these designs of Luka and Miku are originally from the game pjsk (specifically Leo/need's world versions). The vocaloids appearances change depending on the pjsk band.

last edited at Nov 30, 2022 5:00AM

Chikaon
goodnight discussion 29 Nov 05:37
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Cuuuuute

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
85526775_p0

^Ooooh interesting to hear.....I've decided to not read the manga til the anime ends so I hope it'll cover up to that point!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I loooove this author's NicoTori works so looking forward to what the series has in store!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I really liked how Shiho was the one who seeked Hima out to apologize for her behavior. I also think her mindset of finally breaking things off with Aki is actually a good and healthy decision. Of course it would be best if she explained everything to Aki before breaking things off, but as she is now, it is healthier for her and everyone around her instead of her being a constant piece of shit to everyone lol. Aki would be hurt, but she'd move on.

But since it's happy manga land, I'm looking forward to how they'll pull the off the happy end. I feel like SS Girls winning would be too predictable so I hope there ends up being a little twist somewhere.

last edited at Nov 21, 2022 9:04PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Damn that was a sudden turn even though we knew Satou was going through some shit. So not unexpected based on what we know of the characters, but the tonal shift in those last pages is kinda bonkers.

I guess we are finally seeing how Satou can start forming feelings for Makino. Never expected the story to go in this direction for it though lol. I just hope Satou won't fall in love just because she finds she's wanted by someone and she actually leaves that toxic mindset.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Interesting premise! I leaning towards a "they die together end" for now. Kinda feels set up for that direction. The last page gives some really ominous feelings. I feel like the funeral parlor girl revived the zombie somehow. Maybe they were already girlfriends before she died?

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
85526775_p0

My ship!
(was pretty bummed to see Kita end up being head over heels for Ryo tho lol)

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

This was a really good chapter that balanced the typical wackiness with real sincere moments. I liked how Miku kept bouncing back and forth from being sensible to her usual crazy self in a single sentence lol

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Giftnova posted:

So is it finished? Or hiatus?

There haven't been any new online raws since ch. 6.5 and the vol. 1 tank is coming out this week. will probably continue after is my guess

The author is working on it, you can see in his youtube channel he's drawing random panels from time to time or the colored cover https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh_SoocXJfE so I presume the next update might be next month? or who knows, it's probably self published without a fixed date.

I think you linked the wrong youtube vid xD

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Damn this chapter got dark. So that's what she meant by taking care of them both at once. I didn't think she meant to actually kill both of them.

Also dat bewb on pg 7

last edited at Nov 7, 2022 6:14PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Very cute

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

What do you mean it's ending? But Octave lasted FIVE VOLUMES!
What did poor Brides Of Iberis do wrong??

too much het, probably

I think the problems tackled in this series are probably too ahead of it's time.... (or maybe needed a different marketing strategy)

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Agh I just can't help feeling sad reading this chapter. It's a good chapter, but you could see there were a lot of things Akiyama Haru wanted to delve into more before getting to this current point. The pay off of Tsuzuki and Mizuki finally sleeping together didn't feel as satisfying. Also Mizuki realizing she wanted to marry Tsuzuki didn't hit as hard as it could since we didn't really get to explore what led her feelings to this. She's already always been swept up in her emotions when it comes to Tsuzuki, but sigh just wished we had a bit more time with the two of them learning more about each other to make the pace feel bit more natural.

Chikaon
Angel Ranch discussion 31 Oct 15:01
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ngl kinda confusing premise, but the ending definitely peaked my interest. Was not expecting the reversal and spanking to come in like that lmao.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Great fun chapter. Laughed a lot. Loved the focus on Magenta (not just physically!). It's nice to see her being the one to slowly piece everything together showing her capabilities as a leader.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Aw this was cute. Good amount of angst with a happy hopeful ending.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Does this really need the age gap tag when it's only 6 years and it seems like they are both adults? There's no mention to indicate school age or anything which is usually what I associate with age gap.

Cute story although I feel like Tamaki shoulda made a move earlier instead of right before she left since she was interested too? 6 months of waiting is a long time especially since she knew about the crush for months lol.

Well that brings up whether age gap SHOULD be only when it's child x adult. Personally i dont want that. I think two adults with a gap in age is a nice story element to have in romance even tho i wish i could find more stories with 30+ being the younger age of the gap. I do tend to avoid this tag bc of that tho.

I agree that it shouldn't only apply to child x adult, but I didn't mention it in my original post because it would just bring up a lot more issues like how many years does it take for it to be considered age gap as adults. I personally feel like 10+ years is when it's considered age gap, but I know it varies from person to person. Maybe even 8 years is age gap...but 6 just doesn't feel that big a gap to me by the time you hit mid 20s because by then most people have hit the main big life events that occur around then (finished school, have had a job, dealing with marriage expectations, etc) and are in a similar place in life.

I think the tag just really took me aback with this one shot since it didn't play any part in the story or dynamics and it never really established how young the mc was. Like would 30 and 36 still be considered an age gap? Age gap stories to me are usually about characters with a power imbalance due to different maturity levels caused by their life experiences (or lack of).

The only story I can think of an age gap where the younger person is 30+ right now is this one: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/water_coloured

last edited at Oct 27, 2022 6:23AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Finally picking this up again after putting it on hold around vol 2 (so before Shiho showed up), I'd have to say I'm glad I was able to binge up to the current chapter. There was definitely a weird tonal shift in the series after HimaYori got together and if I had to wait for chapters coming out and finding most of them dealt with Shiho, I'd also probably be annoyed like other readers. Like it was pure wholesome fluff for 2 years and then suddenly became a series about band melodrama lmao.

I picked it up again since I was curious what was going on and saw there was Shiho and Aki relationship drama which peaked my interest and since I knew what to expect, I didn't find Shiho to be too grating. She's definitely a really dramatic and irrational person and honestly doesnt really deserve to "get the girl", but I still can't really help but cheer for Aki and Shiho to get together. It's always a nice feeling for everyone to get their happy ending and as long as the story properly have Shiho apologize, truly acknowledges her wrongs and grows as a person, then I think it'll be ok. Shiho's problems have always been about not properly communicating and letting her pride overwhelm and destroy everything around her so it'd be nice to see her finally realizing her wrongs.

But yeah gotta see how the story will handle the end of her "redemption arc". I hate it when stories have the character apologize for their shitty behavior and everyone waves it off with an "It's ok! We understand, it's not really your fault" so i hope it doesn't happen here. So far the series has been really good about promoting proper communication with HimaYori, so fingers crossed it'll do well with the rest of the story.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ughhh what a great epilogue. The previous one was great too seeing all the side characters' loose ends getting wrapped up like seeing Hidesuke reconnecting with this daughter. That was such a heartwarming moment.

But yeah seeing time skips from the perspective of the kids all grown up just hits the heart in that special way. I really liked how it was from Hiyori's perspective as a 3rd party. Hiyori grew up to be so tall! Which I guess makes sense seeing how tall and lanky her grandma was haha. I like how it didn't brush Yuuta's problems he faced while growing up under the rug, and showed him taking the time to figure it out on his own with this supportive family behind him.

Wish we got to see more of this future, but I'm so happy to be able to have finally finished reading this series. Hard to believe it's already been 10 years, but it was worth the wait. Thanks again for everyone who worked on scanlating this series and for Gouma-den for picking it up so we could finally see the end!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I wonder if "big sis" actually means biological sister, vs. a school/senpai sense of "onee-sama"

Like in Railgun, Kuroko is calling Misaka "onee-sama" all the time but they're not related.

They are not biologically related, but I think are still family. Satou said she was abandoned as a child so either she was adopted by Sena's family or they were both orphans in the same orphanage. I'm leaning towards the latter since Sena wants to build a childcare facility as her dream and that would make sense as the catalyst for her motivations.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

The peek into the author's work schedule is so interesting! I'm glad she seems to have found a good work life balance with 3-4 hr work days that gives her enough time to take care of the children.

Was not expecting this to be where the story is going for Satou, but I feel like things will finally progress from here?

Chikaon
Anime season 22 Oct 20:26
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I think if Eve is revealed to be Aoi's mother's daughter, which is very possible, it'll be paired with the reveal that Aoi is herself genetically unrelated to her mother. Partly for the ship, partly because it would make her mother's eugenicist ideology extremely ironic.

This is where I'm thinking the story is going. The themes set up by s1 and plus some of the trailers for s2 with Aoi wondering who she is make me think it is supposed be about the irony of Aoi's mother's eugenicist ideology

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Does this really need the age gap tag when it's only 6 years and it seems like they are both adults? There's no mention to indicate school age or anything which is usually what I associate with age gap.

Cute story although I feel like Tamaki shoulda made a move earlier instead of right before she left since she was interested too? 6 months of waiting is a long time especially since she knew about the crush for months lol.

last edited at Oct 20, 2022 8:25AM