Forum › Posts by Chikaon

Chikaon
Liberty discussion 19 Dec 03:47
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Fun fact: Liz's real name in Japanese is 橘花 いづみ.
Kitta Izumi in Japanese is written 橘田 いずみ.
The first kanji is the same. Also 橘花 can also be read as Kikka, but I'm not sure how widespread it is as a surname.
Kitta Izumi isn't even trying to hide that Liz is basically her self-insert and I'm pretty sure that some situations like having to hide her sexuality in order to attract male fans are based on her own experience.

Oh so interesting! But i dunno how to feel if Liz is supposed to be based off on her. I don't wanna think of Kitta Izumi as a yandere asshole :(

Chikaon
Still Sick discussion 19 Dec 03:42
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Yikes she pisses her off, that's not a good sign.

Anyways I'm guessing Shizumu pisses her off just because she works hard as a mangaka and as a software developer or whatever she does, whereas it seems like Maekawa had to sacrifice drawing manga for her real job instead

I think it's more like Shimizu is still able to find joy and passion in her work and interests vs Maekawa has probably already become jaded by her career as a mangaka. So she probably envies Shimizu.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I really like how conflicted Fujishiro has been. SHE'S NOT ALLOWED TO BE CUTER THAN ME. FUCK YOU SHE'S CUTE!!!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Gf can put up with this behavior because it's only been 2 weeks.

Chikaon
Citrus + discussion 18 Dec 20:54
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I actually liked this first chapter. Wasn't what I expected the spin off to be. I thought it was gonna be like some 4-koma slice of life thing. I'm hoping the tone of the series stays like this since the first series had enough drama for a lifetime.

Since it's going the "season 2" style route, I kinda wish they saved the marriage scene for the end of this series. It's kinda weird that "s1" showed the future, but s2 is a direct continuation.

I'm personally crossing my fingers for proper Mei character development this time, but I'm keeping expectations low. More Harumin/Matsuri scenes would be great too.

Chikaon
Image Comments 16 Dec 13:15
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
Tumblr_181035997056_combined

Lmao last panel got me good

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Cuuuuuuteee

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Come on Yuu x Nagi endgame. Come on!!

Chikaon
Image Comments 10 Dec 03:36
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
Yatsuo_1032612826005688320

And there's no shortage of cringe later on.

True, but early cringe was on a completely nother level. You gotta admit it's so much easier to stomach now when you have a great supporting cast + a more mature Tomoko.

Chikaon
Image Comments 10 Dec 01:56
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
58701831_

Damn this looks canon

Chikaon
Image Comments 10 Dec 01:56
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
Goma_71990367_p0

PPFFFT

Chikaon
Image Comments 10 Dec 01:51
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
Yatsuo_1032612826005688320

Should i read this? When will stop from being cringe

Yes.
Stops being cringe around ch 60-70ish (kyoto field trip arc).
I recommend reading through the cringe anyway. You'll appreciate the current stuff more because the story is about Tomoko's character growth and without it, it is just another slice of life (a good one though).

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I guess that's our source of yuri

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Aw you can do it Miyuu!

I see a lot of complaints, but hey this is better than BOTH of them keeping their feelings locked up. At least we have Miyuu who hasn't given up, but I do feel like they're gonna figure it out because of a 3rd party.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Seeing this author do so much yaoi just makes me feel like Nanashi no Asterism was really doomed from the start to end up completely unsatisfying, since this seems to be their main focus. Not that I have any issue, it's adorable, but it's disappointing a potentially good series got shafted cause of it.

Yeah it all makes sense why the yaoi pair was so much more interesting and developed than the main triangle. Author's heart was never really into the yuri from the start.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Also, this seems to be a prequel instead of a sequel. Or is it just me?

I also go prequel vibes from it. In the original pages, they seemed like they were pretty close compared to how they are here. Well i guess it doesn't really matter since the author prob writes them in a general universe sorta way.

Chikaon
Image Comments 05 Dec 02:38
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
Dqeoclbvsaagdlk-orig

Blessed image

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Should I read this manga? When does it feel less cringe what chapter?? Everyone talking about it

It varies depending on who you ask. For me it was about chapter 51, for others it's the start of the field trip arc in 69.
But yes, you should read it, it's great!

I recommend pushing through the cringe chapters too because it makes the current chapters all the more worth it. It's so satisfying and heartwarming to see Tomoko grow up.

It's also great to see these seemingly plain background characters that have been there since the beginning, begin to have personalities and integrate themselves into her life.

last edited at Dec 4, 2018 2:27PM

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I think that's the sweetest Ucchi content I've seen. Usually she's depicted as some yandere psycho. Poor Ucchi =[

Well cause she sorta is in canon...

But i agree, less creepy and more cute ucchi please.

Chikaon
Image Comments 03 Dec 17:39
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
71856270_p0

No yuri, fanservice sub-subtext, but damn are they great characters (and look hot together).

Chikaon
Image Comments 03 Dec 17:37
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
Dtld6n9uwaeylij%20(1)

I can see this happening

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

This was cute but not that haircut

Chikaon
Soralaylaff