Forum › I Wanna Quit Being a Hitman! discussion

joined Jan 14, 2020

Assassin ends up marrying the priest to get citizenship, a passport, and status as Benika's "mommy".

(Yes, Catholic priests aren't supposed to marry, but not like it's illegal in civil law.)

last edited at May 19, 2023 11:02PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Hmm, so the manga does seem to be set in Japan. Someone is killed in his Shinmachi residence in chapter 1, the priest is Shirafune...

But 'Benika' doesn't seem like a Japanese name, and the girl is given much lighter hair. A refugee girl herself?

Edit: then again, after a search, it does seem to be a Japanese name, if rare. Though maybe also Indian.

last edited at May 19, 2023 11:08PM

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Rare case of misunderstandings and miss8ng information enhancing a story instead of taking away from it. I can't wait to see how it develops

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, looks like things are going in an entirely unexpected direction with the church...

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I'm glad they adressed the "didn't recognize each other voice", as it was kinda bugging me. ^^ Looking forward to next chapter, it looks kinda light hearted so far, considering the theme of the manga, but I expect things to go downhill fast at some point.

Screenshot%202024-04-26%20233149
joined Jan 17, 2021

Assassin ends up marrying the priest to get citizenship, a passport, and status as Benika's "mommy".

(Yes, Catholic priests aren't supposed to marry, but not like it's illegal in civil law.)

That's a shitty theory unless you saw the raws.

My theory is when they meet, the priest would say something like "Rose, my daughter. You may not be a child of god, but surely you're a child of peace." Then pulls out derringers and shoot her.

joined Jan 14, 2020

It's an amusing theory, and that's what matters!

If I'd seen the raws I wouldn't be posting spoilers.

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

it wasn't a mic at all

Well damn! How 'bout that?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I'm just looking forward to all the listeners realizing what they're actually spying on. :D

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I love the incredibly dense room full of spies for this Father - daughter-in-law chitchat. With the father only having been marked because the Assassination agency cannot for the life of them get documents on Rose.

It's just hilarious to me how the church is spying on them because the guy the bishop has offloaded his crucial evidence onto has been marked literally for no good reason, and the agency marked him because they cannot find any documents on Rose because she's just that good at hiding her identity.

joined Jan 22, 2015

I love the incredibly dense room full of spies for this Father - daughter-in-law chitchat. With the father only having been marked because the Assassination agency cannot for the life of them get documents on Rose.

It's just hilarious to me how the church is spying on them because the guy the bishop has offloaded his crucial evidence onto has been marked literally for no good reason, and the agency marked him because they cannot find any documents on Rose because she's just that good at hiding her identity.

Wait I thought it was Beniki-san they couldn't find any papers kn?

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Wait I thought it was Beniki-san they couldn't find any papers kn?

well Benika is the daughter and she's just a normal documented japanese person, it is specifically Rose who is the assassin in disguise that they can't find any documents on because they don't realize she is their assassin.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Lmfao this chapter was great. The humor was on point

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

i know! it was so well done, too, the cut to the awkward pause had excellent comic timing (if a comic can be said to have that)

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Honestly I'm enjoying that this is basically a comedy

joined Aug 21, 2017

It's like a comedy disguised as a drama. That scene where they are tailing each other could've come right out of a comedy if the tone was different. "Even now, he's the picture of an unsuspecting citizen!" That's because he IS one. "His talent for disguises far surpasses my own!" That's because it's not a disguise! Love it.

joined Jan 11, 2014

LMAO. Seeing these two interact makes me think....Benika fell for a woman that's exactly like her father. Expressionless and solemn.

Ava%20baby
joined May 5, 2013

I'm kinda scared that Rose would have to kill Benika's father at some point.
I feel like the 3 of them could be a happy family.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Now I expect them to have a perfectly enjoyable talk where they discuss Benika's good points, while the listeners get increasingly awkward about what they're listening to.

joined Jan 14, 2020

It's like a comedy disguised as a drama. That scene where they are tailing each other could've come right out of a comedy if the tone was different. "Even now, he's the picture of an unsuspecting citizen!" That's because he IS one. "His talent for disguises far surpasses my own!" That's because it's not a disguise! Love it.

Tone, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOe-6j8s-L0

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

The perfect way to communicate with your father in law.

Now all she needs to do is realise that she's also the father in faith.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Oh my god they're both idiots
I love it

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Slowly any tension is leaving this series, and it is becoming a comedy. I love it

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

You thought I was an action drama, but it was me, Love Comedy!

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Quietly hilarious chapter. Nicely done.

To reply you must either login or sign up.