joined Jan 9, 2017

It's uncommon that the personal maid is the bad guy

Skywallker
(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Can someone translate the afterword?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

So... When was the movie nerd a pain in the butt?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Are people really getting put off by this?

last edited at Nov 23, 2022 5:11AM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The assumption that your teen years are the best, more shining and radiant part of your life—and that as soon as you reach legal majority you become a decaying thing that can only crawl in the rotting morass of adulthood all the way to your death—is very much a common Japanese idea... but it isn't at all a Western idea; more like the opposite, in fact. I'm surprised nobody felt offended by this strip and reacted with anger.

I guess we've all already been mentally colonized by the Japanese. :P Come to think of it, I haven't read any rants against lolicon manga in a long time...

Why would we feel offended?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I’m ace so my perspective on this may be off, but I feel like eating someone out is a step above fingering them

And that's not relevant, Registering is a quandary for Akane because it's taking ownership of something she perceives to be sentient

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

lool I have a feeling that dumb inventor plan will just backfier really hard :3

My guess is that it will Push Akane over the edge and finally have a conversation with Nadeshiko about what a couple is

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Uuuggghhhhh
THE ARTITS IS TOO GIOD AT DRAWING, ITS NOT FAAIIIRRRRRRR!!!

Skywallker
(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

What we learn in chapter 3 is that whenever MC makes contact with a ghost then the ghosts regret comes out which she finds quite scary

Now she is in a big dilemma because she now has to deal with a ghost that is scary when she ignores it, what to do what to do.

last edited at Nov 15, 2022 5:12PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Chapter 13: I just realized from this chapter that a relationship has love going both ways between two people like a two lane road. In Minami’s case, there happens to be a expensive toll both in the middle of that two lane road… but it’s not a two lane road—it’s a multi-lane interstate highway driven over by many trucks… at least that’s how I view prostitution.

I personally think it’d be better if prostitutes changed jobs to be psychologists—for there’s a shortage of psychologists, the work is less physically demanding, and the hourly rate is about the same.

It would be neat if a judge allowed that for a more lenient sentence—get arrested for prostitution, work off the sentence with community service as a psychologist. It’s a great idea… but I’d think they’d rather go to prison than listen to other people’s problems. I mean, Tony Soprano is an example of a patient mind-screwing the doctor.

Because you can just become a psychologist no sweat

last edited at Nov 14, 2022 2:04AM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

She actually said she wanted to buy her love, even though she meant something else she said that and didn't go "wait a sec"

Silly Asakura

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

So, i want to add my 2 cents to the story so far as a whole....

This story is kinda similar to Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl, in that its esentally a trans story but without actual trans characters. Mitsuki's situation feel kinda to me, as a transfem, like if a trans person didnt tell their potential new partner that theyre trans, for any of the diffrent reasons trans people sometimes act like that. Obviously, mitsuki isnt trans and probably wont be, but you get what im saying, right?

Oh I totally get you. It's part of what makes "low-end" gender fucky premises like this so silly on their face.

I do appreciate the clear representation of Mitsuki's attractiveness correlating with her level of comfort, and the ways certain public spaces are regulated to make that more difficult for her.

Gender confusion is an old trope, much older than trans being taken seriously

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Here wondering at folks who are lamenting Ouka-senpai's customer. She's the nightmare case: prevents the worker from expanding their clientele, tries to dictate more and more of their lifestyle, actively pursues them when they try to cut things off, and eventually makes it impossible to continue working.

The way I read it, Ouka was kinda leading her on - she never outright said no or made any indication of discomfort until she switched to a different branch.

Lead her on? She was a sex worker, it should be obvious that's not a love date

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

As an aside, for some reason, it bothers me that their boss seems to have been a dude. Like, not enough to lose sleep over, but enough to actively comment about it. That is all.

Yea id have wished the lesbian brothel is run by a woman but its not a big deal i guess. And who knows, maybe its a shorthaired woman (the original text might have an answer to that).

Don't be weird, managing and accounting is dry work

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

That could have been a Main chapter

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

So the villain is Hentai, trying to kill the Ecchi

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Are the girls based on the 5 senses or am i thinking too deep

Nahh, they are based on the 5 stages of grief

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I think the professor just lost

Mei looking at Riri while saying it has been a really Lovely day

Riri true pairing

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Moronsexual. Gotta be one of my favoutrite genders.

Bricks are my favorite kind of tree

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

It's funny that I'm not grossed out by female peeping toms...

Male peeping toms however I absolutely dispise.

Sounds like a desire

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Man, I cannot believe this is over.
Kokeshi is my spirit animal.
Too bad she didn't end up with elf girl.
However, I am glad she is still a pervert.

We all know deep inside that she ended up with fallen angel

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The art is good but the story is fuck up, and Nakano is just a manipulative creep actually feel bad of Miyako because that prostitution reservation thing started without her consent and get corrupted by it.

Let's be clear about one thing here, Miyako is not a victim.
Had Nakano gone about things in a bad way? Yes, definetly.
Has Miyako gone along with it on her own will? Yes, yes she has.

Because miyako put in a spot since nakano already spread to 15 people what they did which is supposed to be secret if Nakano is a descent person but she wasn't so she had no choice bruh,
And the start of the story kinda lowkey emergence tho they are both got manipulated by a women player type of guy then got used by that prostitution thing the difference is this is yuri so it less fk up

She has had all the choice, she never had to accept anybody's money, she is not under duress, she is willingly going along with it. Nakano's chat group is not binding for Miyako, she's under no obligation to take the money from anyone just because they made a reservation Nakano.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I kinda agree with Draco, you can't use something you're not as your gimmick

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

hmm different than what I thought and also some surprise one sided incest but whatever, I do like the explanation of how her sister wanted to find someone she could trust and how Maron wanted to be that person so badly all her life but it's right exactly this moment that it becomes clear to her that she's just not, which like all for the better honestly, find yourself a girl you're not related to and have a nice relationship with her I'm sure you'll be happier in the end haha.

It's interesting how now both Makino and Satou has had to face that they weren't that special to the one they are pursuing.