Forum › Posts by Marion Diabolito

Marion Diabolito
Tremolo discussion 19 Feb 16:25
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/001/420/Needles_and_Oranges_103.jpg There should be a page like that in some manga, but for bisexuals instead of (non-Japanese fellow East-) Asians.

Marion Diabolito
Tremolo discussion 19 Feb 16:14
joined Jan 5, 2015

Non-moe art ? Just pondering. Even though the old-school art had somewhat large eyes for everyone.

Marion Diabolito
Untitled discussion 19 Feb 12:07
joined Jan 5, 2015

Poor drunken Reimu - it's not meta-cheating, at least, because normally it's Marisa in the middle of Alice and Reimu. So think of this as Alice and Reimu's accidental revenge.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

With the slow pace I think this is a story where once the mystery is solved, it's over.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I knew Azusa reminded me of Nico.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

It might seem jarring if done incorrectly, but what this series could really use is the addition of a couple of cute girl characters, doing fluffy, cute things. Just saying.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

No one's perfect - I don't think either of them are bad or unlikeable. The school they're at pushes them very hard - they made one girl who loved track hate it. They also pushed her to be first (as they do all of them) and that's likely a part of why she had a career-ending injury. Sure, her rivalry with Mutsuki had a part to play, but she is thinking that she'd already given up on beating her by the time they both got to this school. Some of what the others call unlikeable, she calls being perceptive. The only unlikeable thing about Mutsuki for me is, given her insight, there's no point in calling the other girl a quitter - she didn't deliberately get injured, she just made the most of it. She realized she'd come to hate track because of the pressure - not because she doesn't like running - and though her life would now become much harder in general, she could enjoy it.

Also, Kodama Naoko heroines who are going to fall for girls typically act distant and as if they don't care about their boyfriends, which should be a clue. They're typically beautiful, and that's the reason the boys want them on their arm.

last edited at Feb 16, 2018 11:49AM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

This is classic LLSIP doujin-mono. All the common ships, an early appearance by the Idiot Trio. Maki not buying anything.

And the Nozomi filming. After Love Live ended, they broke into Nozomi's house and wiped all her devices.

last edited at Feb 15, 2018 11:58AM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think Mimika was telling the truth when she said she'd love Yuzumori as she grows up ΑΝD that she wished she was older already. So Mimika CAN be attracted to Yuzumori, as she was, but also to older girls. In other words, Mimika's probably going to be fine. She has a long time to work through her obvious arrested development.

tl;dr Mimika and Yuzumori move to France. The End.

last edited at Feb 14, 2018 9:38PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I've seen this trope used a lot in manga, but I must ask. Do teachers really not care when two students join their desks together?

from my experience there, no, they wouldn't mind at all.

Basically this series is the mature girl wooing the immature, prickly girl. If that girl wasn't a handful, there'd be no plot.

last edited at Feb 14, 2018 12:32PM

Marion Diabolito
Yuru Yuri discussion 13 Feb 19:05
joined Jan 5, 2015

There is hope for Sakurako! Home Ec Teacher was basically Sakurako in HS.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

This is why in a proper Story S they always say "but we're both girls!" "It would be wrong!"

See what happens when you let yuri get out of control? The whole world gets destroyed by an asteroid. So leave it to notes in the shoe locker and occasional hand-holding, girls!

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Not only that, her mother dresses her funny! This is an outrage!

People should try drawing at her level before judging it.
There is vastly worse art on Dynasty Reader, so I dunno how this one is the standards-breaker.

They can't all be Gensou Kuro Usagi

Also this one was so cringeworthy I am not sure it had anywhere to go. Leaving it where it did kept it funny.

last edited at Feb 12, 2018 6:42PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think having your parents say all the time that they hate each other, hate you, and wish you were never born is pretty traumatic. Also, now we know why Haru fell so obsessively in love "at first sight" it was her memories coming back without her knowledge.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Plus, remember Mimika thinks so, too. So even in-story, it's a HUGE deal, and it's the driving tension of the whole story. If this series went on a long time, I predict they'd have to part ways for a while.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

for what it's worth this is clearly the Mature Girl in Love with the Girl Too Immature to Have a Sexuality Yet genre. Shades of "Last Uniform."

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

"Hey, Mari, you won't mind the part where we get absorbed by Dagon and regrown as fish beings, right? If you're worried, just stare into the blue light for a few hours."

Marion Diabolito
Their Story discussion 08 Feb 19:46
joined Jan 5, 2015

What I love is how helplessly in love Sun Jing is. It renders her powerless.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I am surprised no one's commented on the similarity to Wakatsuki in Himitsu no Recipe by Morinaga Milk. In both cases, the stupid girl decided "a girl, like the girl I love, could never love me back, so I have to trick her (Wakatsuki) or buy her (Hishikawa) into at least physical affection." Hishikawa seems to have low self-esteem right from the start, but Wakatsuki, recall, fell so low she was washing her hair in the janitor's closet and couldn't bear to go to school. By the way, this girl is actually dumber than Wakatsuki, I think.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I can't remember how Wife and Wife altered its "fufu", but this is the base phrase with kanji: "未来の夫婦ですけど?" I believe.

The wanting to be more adult is a big deal for Aoba and Nene in new game, they're constantly competing to see who's more grown-up. In their case, though, they've stayed friends but their romantic interests seem to be Hifumi and Kou for Aoba and Umiko for Nene as they actually matured.

last edited at Feb 8, 2018 12:18PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's been a long ride, but I feel that this is the beginning of the end.

Right, at least Akina has had Kaede's face on her breasts two nights in a row. So all the embarrassment, humiliation, sleep loss, etc. is totally worth it. I am surprised she couldn't sleep second night, though. It's not like Kaede nibbles on them, or anything, is it? You'd think the first night would be enough to get used to it and even help Akina sleep.

Now I see another reason I like this series. Mangaka inside baseball is one of my favorite things ever. I already knew that, like with Chihiro in Secret Recipe, I loved how Akina has to earn her happy-ever-after with Kaede, partly by sacrificing her popular girl pride.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's depressing being always super-negative about it and these stories clearly also are a bit of escapism, but just my personal preferences - I also find it a bit annoying if they completely ignore homophobia as if it didn't at all exist, especially in a country like Japan. So a gentle reminder like this (it's not exactly looking as if it's going to be a huge subplot that'll take ages to resolve) that even if things are going well for those two not all is well in the world is I think appropriate.

I agree, I knew about my students if they were socially anxious, had to work, what their hobbies were, who their friends were, etc. but which among them might have been gay ... not so much. Just not discussed, except by the really advanced, more progressive students.

Then again, the teasing that goes on, some things come out between the lines.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Glasses girl is us.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

If Citrus, NTR, Kobayashi, and Chio-chan can get an anime I sure do pray that this does as well.

If Kodomo no Jikan got one, I guess I can't see why this wouldn't be able to. Of those four, I think Kobayashi-san most lends itself to anime though.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

So they turned out to not be related once they met IRL? That's some ass-pull, breaks my suspension of disbelief

The first job she gets, mechabu will turn out to be her boss. Then she will join a different guild and they'll be mortal enemies, but kakeru will subdue her and make her marry her. They will meet again IRL at a video shop far from where either of them live, and go to a hot springs inn together. I learned all this from my Yurija board. Also: tsunderes.

last edited at Feb 3, 2018 12:41AM