Forum › Posts by Marion Diabolito

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Klice posted:

Seriously?!! It just ends in two chapters?... Fuck that's sad, the potential was big!

I don't know like, what about the number one fighter's story (the flower <3)? What about big ear girls fights in tourney? Like, the author established a world, they teased a end goal with several level to passe and stuff... They teased a long story about mma and they stop right there... Why? :(

The most likely explanation is. It didn't sell well so got axed. Alternatively author only planned to go that far, but that is rarely the case.

This is why I read things like Comic Girls, Watashi no Taisetsu na Tomodachi etc. with such interest.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I am just glad Pop Team Epic gave Nico a new job :) Go Team Soramaru.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

How...is that a good thing? If kisses become more normal between pairings it kinda ruins the yuri.

The romance would definitely diminish.

Marion Diabolito
New Game discussion 15 May 13:55
joined Jan 5, 2015

The cover page implied Momo was bustier than
Hajime, and the second panel corrects that.

Largely just an effect of everyone standing at different angles relative to the viewer methinks...

Also fun fact, breast size isn't static throughout a woman's life, even after puberty. The cast is largely in their young adulthood, and the younger of them (Momo, Aoba, Nene, etc.) aren't even 100% done growing. Beyond that, a woman's breasts can go up and down in size over large enough periods of time.

...not that I think that's what's happening here.

We should probably ask Hazuki Director, as she's said to be an expert in women's breasts going up and down.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's a joke I picked up from another series I'm doing, Hinamatsuri. There, end of story.
I did it cause I was in a fun mood at the time.

I liked it!

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I agree with all of the above.

In English it would be like you said "Wha-!?" the dash there is not an elongation dash, it's like you didn't even say the "t" sound, just a glottal stop. The chain would be like "Whaaaaaa?" and still not end with a t.

I've looked ahead and Arisa is the biggest dork in manga except the girl who keeps trying to bribe her classmate into dating her

last edited at May 14, 2018 4:52PM

joined Jan 5, 2015

What's truly odd: This anime is by two mangakas - YuruYuri's Namori and Yuki Yuna's Takahiro. But two others are doing the manga version.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Yeah, it's very good. Pity that didn't bring Alice and Flan together more.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I like how the secret weapon ... failed.

And I like even more that Hana was like, eff that, let's try it again! And that time, Nana, who thought Hana was too whipped, actually fell into it.

You can't say the auithor didn't put some thought into making the hamster's holding her own plausible. She had the Rocky-like training montage, she had the planning sessions, and also - Nina is not that big - she doesn't outweigh Hana by very much, she's taller but equally slender. Against a real bruiser girl a lot of Hana's stuff wouldn't work as well. Who'd have thought an author could get us to root for a cute, tiny, cuddly little hamster of a girl to go get the crap beat out of her?

Marion Diabolito
Yuri Danshi discussion 09 May 11:06
joined Jan 5, 2015

This is yuri chuunibyou, basically. I agree it's too bad it ended early, but it was always pretty bold and conceptual.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's definitely a romantic friendship. A lot of Story S yuri is. Neither of them seems to be aware of being in love or anything.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

This one is really good - they've really captured the essence of New Game!

Marion Diabolito
New Game discussion 06 May 11:45
joined Jan 5, 2015

Let's throw some raw meat to the shippers!

The cover page implied Momo was bustier than
Hajime, and the second panel corrects that. I
would say the busty girls pairing off with the
less-so girls is a theme.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Something like Romantic Girl Friendship or something is probably necessary.

Marion Diabolito
Tapestry discussion 03 May 21:13
joined Jan 5, 2015

Historical, Supernatural, PWP.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

In some ways i guess a precursor to Gakkou Gurashi!?

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

That was nice. I liked nabe's character evolution.

We're we supposed to take something away from the stomach pains? I thought it was just some kind of trigger to show the audience that sebody was about to either care for Nabe or blow off her needs. Was there an actual medical condition or something?

No, like a lot of us that happens when she's upset and can't do anything about it.

It hurt her again, worse, when her mother said they'd get rid of the stuffed dog. Not to be maudlin and cliched, but at that time it was probably her only friend and comfort.

Your question reminds me of something that happened in Japan. A bunch of teachers killed themselves over a short period of time, mostly foreigners. So we had a kind of conference about it. One guy said you can always rationalize your feelings and make them behave, and I said, well, what do you rationalize when your stomach hurts a lot because you feel so bad? I remain convinced that his attitude is a perfect set up for disaster.

I love this story and I think both lonely girls are doing exactly the right thing for them. It's very believable with their characters they'd both be isolated in a Japanese high school of the time this takes place. The art of storytelling is to tell a lot with a little, and this author can do that. It also reminds me of a less flluffy, hence more realistic, The Real Her.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

When does the trap come in?

sometime after most of the girls are killed by mushrooms, slowly and painfully, and before they go on a dick quest. Oh, wrong manga.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Yan-san and Dere-san have a great relationship, and it would be a shame if someone messed up and caused a bloodbath.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Harem maybe?

So far it's just the Shizuma clone and the Tamao clone, though. Well, everyone in class did say she was cute, petite and pretty, so you may be on to something.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Somehow this manga brings some of Strawberry Panic aura.

But better: Like Shiritsu Ririan Jogakuen in Marimite, St. Miator Girl's Academy (the school of the main characters) is purely for making its high-status girl students into desirable brides, and keeping them away from men until then. Hence all the despairing lesbians.

The other two schools are more diverse, though still with a marriage emphasis.

But yeah, the relationship stuff may be similar.

How do they keep the species going? Send out to Saki for science babies?

last edited at May 2, 2018 9:04PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

"Thank you, old me." Isn't that Bright and Cheery Arisa's line?

And I love Nurse Yuu's "tough love" therapy for people with profound cognitive injuries--a karate chop to the head for fibbing.

Then if Yuu is your nurse, maybe you wanna think about taking your medications ON TIME, huh?

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Haruko is used to being alone and doesn't like it, she just accepts things, I think. In fact, this is the first year the possibility of not being all alone and friendless has even occurred to her, I think.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I absolutely loved the play. Touko's showing no signs of being disaffected from Yuu. Yuu's caretaker role is self-assigned, after all. She just has to decide if she'll still be close with Touko "for no reason," or for a reason. The obstacles are 1. her anitpathy to romance and 2. that Touko already has a devoted girlfriend waiting in the wings if her infatuation for Yuu ends.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I see no reason to change my opinion on Haruko and Natsuko. Just like the other couple they know, they both want a relationship with each other, and DO feel very close. The key problem is still that Natsuko is very pure and wants lots of reassurance from Haruko. Haruko won't be able to stop staring at other women, so they have to work that out. Natsuko has to realize that's sucn an ingrained trait, it doesn't mean she isn't special to Haruko. Haruko would only quibble over having to have just one girl. So when both of them admit they like girls, Haruko agrees to be faithful, and Natsuko agrees to ignore Haruko's girl-watching, they'll live happily ever after! Simple! Should only take a few minutes.