9c22079b5cf7eec50059a2cf68a7cf53--hiyoko-small-animals
joined May 25, 2017

looking forward to how this plays out ~

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

poor priest lol

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

So this is sorta the Yuri version of Barry? SIGN ME UP. Well I guess sorta she never said she wanted to stop being a hitman but I would guess it's leading that way if she wants to keep her adorable little GF. What an interesting concept didn't expect the whole thing with the priest and the daughter plus agegap stuff is always my favorite. Actually surprised Daphne didn't translate this one for that reason alone xD

Really looking forward to this one so thank you for this translation <3

last edited at May 1, 2023 7:34PM

Lisa Bouzane
Unknown
joined May 29, 2022

Idk if I feel worse for the daughter or the priest.

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Something a little rarer. Very promising.

joined Jan 22, 2015

Omg this poor father.

joined Jul 14, 2014

Just a fun fact: while it may be true that a priest can't tell anyone about confessions, they are also not required to give absolution. They might withhold it if, for example, a confessor shows no intent of actually stopping the behavior or if someone else is being punished for it.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I was just thinking. The dad knows her voice. The first time he hears her voice talking to his daughter is gonna be very fun to see.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Just a fun fact: while it may be true that a priest can't tell anyone about confessions, they are also not required to give absolution. They might withhold it if, for example, a confessor shows no intent of actually stopping the behavior or if someone else is being punished for it.

I believe they are also allowed to report a confession to police if it will prevent a crime from being committed (which it arguably would, in the case of a hit man who comes back every time they kill someone). In this case though, I imagine the priest is afraid of the hitman coming for him and his daughter if he says anything.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

The titling makes me think comedy but the story makes me think introspective lmao

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Reminds me of spiderman homecoming.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I believe they are also allowed to report a confession to police if it will prevent a crime from being committed (which it arguably would, in the case of a hit man who comes back every time they kill someone). In this case though, I imagine the priest is afraid of the hitman coming for him and his daughter if he says anything.

Or if not the hitman herself, Yakuza more generally; this is clearly mob-connected stuff as he would know from the headlines.

Many in his position might think it's less of an issue, or at least less urgent, just because the victims seem themselves all to be organized crime figures--partly because such people dying is a bit of a (shrug), partly because it's like, they have their own almost alternative society and what happens in it isn't really the business of outsiders. I'm not sure he, as a fairly serious-minded priest, would think that way mind you.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wheeeew this is a heavy plot! quite original too, hard to tell how's going to go.

joined May 24, 2014

I hope it ends in tragedy.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

I wonder if the daughter is worried over nothing. It's too early to tell now, but individual priests often have their own views and interpretations. Even within the same synod or parish, some churches are more decentralized than others

joined Aug 21, 2017

I feel bad for the dad lol

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

I believe they are also allowed to report a confession to police if it will prevent a crime from being committed (which it arguably would, in the case of a hit man who comes back every time they kill someone).

Nah, you're thinking about shrinks. Catholic priests aren't allowed to report squat shit. Even if the guy making the confession says he's with a suicide terrorist group and they're building a nuclear bomb to wipe out the city, the priest must keep mum. If the bomb eventually explodes and millions die, too bad: it was God's will.

If you ask me, the two things about the priest that seem unrealistic are: one, he has a daughter; two, he doesn't appear to understand penance.

The daughter can be explained if we assume that he's a widower who was ordained only after his child was born and his wife died... but there's NO FUCKING WAY a Catholic priest would absolve someone like a hitman, a serial murderer, without giving them a truly grueling penance.

Here, where I live, the priests usually make you say padrenuestros and avemarías as penances, and no absolution for you till you're done. I know of children who had to recite fifty padrenuestros just for picking their noses. Our lady hitman, even with a lenient confessor, should have been forced to recite nonstop padrenuestros and avemarías until next year Friday, lol.

LackLustre09721
joined Apr 26, 2022

I WAS LOOKING FOR THIS, WHAHAHAHAHA

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Wow, this is some really well executed premise, with some actually fleshed characters for once, that look and sound alive, looking forward for the rest

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Catholic priests are suppose to be celibate That means dear old dad joined the priesthood later in life, after he had her. Wouldn't be crazy if the priest had a dark past he was trying to atone for as well.

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

Sorawo whatcha doin' here?

Fjavttcwyaqbvef
joined Feb 3, 2023

I can fix her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.