Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

b l e s s

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Ignores whatverthehellthatcoversation was I;m glad Hino and Koguma are able to still wind up in ridiculous situations, even after the relationship upgrade. Also, it sounds like they need a wet-nap after all that kissin'

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

The story has explicitly thematized characters looking and/or acting older and/or younger than their physical ages, which is precisely what I recall about the first year of high school—some people looked like they were about ready for marriage while others (probably me among them) looked like they were only recently allowed to cross the street by themselves. And everyone, big and small, fairly crackling with adolescent hormones.

I just find it quite hard to believe that anyone could read this series in its entirety and think that anything objectionable is going to happen between Omichi and Rin.

I'd also like to add that it's rather clear reading this, that Omichi was not attracted to Rin because she's a child, but quite the opposite, because Rin is possibly the most mature character in this entire manga.

Look, I've got no skin in the moral outrage game on either side, but I have to disagree with you on the point of Rin's maturity.
Sorry, what kind of falling in love with a random older girl who helped you once, only taking no for an answer in word, but still wanting to find out who they liked so you could "beat" them, and only giving up once you saw that other person was similar to you, makes you think Rin is "the most mature character in this entire manga".

People keep saying she's mature, but to me, that looks like a childish crush.

Edit:
Maybe that's what this is, not that Rin is mature, but that Omichi is so immature she's on the same level. They both had the same kind of "have an admiration moment for this person you just met and think it's feelings of love and you have to date them."

last edited at May 3, 2023 4:36AM

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

The story has explicitly thematized characters looking and/or acting older and/or younger than their physical ages, which is precisely what I recall about the first year of high school—some people looked like they were about ready for marriage while others (probably me among them) looked like they were only recently allowed to cross the street by themselves. And everyone, big and small, fairly crackling with adolescent hormones.

I just find it quite hard to believe that anyone could read this series in its entirety and think that anything objectionable is going to happen between Omichi and Rin.

I'd also like to add that it's rather clear reading this, that Omichi was not attracted to Rin because she's a child, but quite the opposite, because Rin is possibly the most mature character in this entire manga.

Look, I've got no skin in the moral outrage game on either side, but I have to disagree with you on the point of Rin's maturity.
Sorry, what kind of falling in love with a random older girl who helped you once, only taking no for an answer in word, but still wanting to find out who they liked so you could "beat" them, and only giving up once you saw that other person was similar to you, makes you think Rin is "the most mature character in this entire manga".

People keep saying she's mature, but to me, that looks like a childish crush.

Edit:
Maybe that's what this is, not that Rin is mature, but that Omichi is so immature she's on the same level. They both had the same kind of "have an admiration moment for this person you just met and think it's feelings of love and you have to date them."

The reason she comes off as mature (rightfully so, imo) is that she's highly considerate, well spoken and thoughtful. Her feelings may be immature and she's clearly too inexperienced to understand and contextualize them fully, but her approach to- and analysis of them are quite advanced and eloquent.

By contrast, Omichi's own expertise is more technical knowledge and less analysis and deeper thinking despite being older, which makes her come off as childish by comparison. (Which is entirely realistic actually, some people really are just late bloomers and Omichi is only about 12)

IMO, it seem clear that the thing which attracted Omichi to Rin romantically is how maturely, honestly and deeply she analyses, approaches and lives by her feelings. On the "physical" attraction level, there seems to be some level of "Moe" appeal to the concept of a small child displaying maturity and wisdom beyond her years at play, which is a very Japanese culture thing that it's not entirely fair to analyze from a purely western viewpoint.

Still, I maintain that the dominant factor to Omichi's feelings is not Rin's age but rather, her mature and considerate personality. Omichi herself rationalized that what provoked her emotional attraction was how much she felt that Rin deserves to feel loved after all the hard work and thoughtfulness she puts into her feelings.
The only character I'd say is arguably more mature than Rin in the story tbh is Hino herself, but that's debatable since she very much treads the line between being deeply thoughtful and considerate of Koguma versus childishly indulging in a LOT of immature shenanigans on a daily basis.

last edited at May 3, 2023 6:30AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

It's baffling how people in here of all places ascribe a moral quality to people over who they fall in love with, as though they were responsible for it and deliberately chose it. (edit: or maybe rather "ascribe a moral value to the act of falling in love based on who falls in love with whom") So what, "Ez fix, just don't fall in love with a minor/someone younger than you"? Omi's situation couldn't be handled in a more "by the book" way than "welp, gonna have to wait until she's of age".

In a place like Dynasty you'd kind of expect people to understand that you're not in control of who you fall in love with – only of what you do about it.

last edited at May 3, 2023 1:08PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I mean, have you seen the other characters in this manga?

(Ba-dum-tish)

last edited at May 3, 2023 5:08PM

Bbg
joined Dec 19, 2014

Wait, finale? Series is coming to an end??? NOOOOOOO

joined Mar 20, 2012

Finale???? NOOOOOOO

last edited at May 7, 2023 3:41PM

joined Jan 21, 2020

Ok after a chapter like this, itd be criminal if we dont get to see them fuck.

joined Mar 18, 2018

Noo! It can't end now!
Sure it's been over a 100 chapters... But we can go for a hundred more right?! Right?!

My_ankle_fell_off
joined Jan 8, 2020

I kinda disliked this chapter. I didnt like how pushy Hino was wit the sex thing, like ik that’s how she is but it still would have been nice for her to atleast be considerate of that. I also wish she would have said she would have been interested in her no matter her height, just my opinion though.

last edited at May 7, 2023 3:55PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Straight to the point. :D

Wait, finale? Series is coming to an end??? NOOOOOOO

Exactly my reaction as well...

I kinda disliked this chapter. I didnt like how pushy Hino was wit the sex thing, like ik that’s how she is but it still would have been nice for her to atleast be considerate of that. I also wish she would have said she would have been interested in her no matter her height, just my opinion though.

Eh, I really wouldn't call that pushy... A bit more direct than most people, but she made it abundantly clear that while she would, of course, want to do it, she's willing to wait as long as needed until Koguma feels OK with it as well. As for Koguma's height, again, she made it quite clear that it was not her height that she fell for, it's just that due to her having decided to shut everyone off, she would have treated Koguma the same, had she not initially mistaken her for someone much younger.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I just laugh at "when will we have sex" right in front of the stuffed animals and other cutesy-room aspects. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hino_san_no_baka_ch133#1

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

EMOTIONAL FINALE!? NOOOOO!
But also.

SEEEEEEX!
That was being forward with your desires, finding your partner's comfort level, and finding a time that works for both of them whilst not being disappointingly long or put off forever due to low confidence levels. It was really fucking cute.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I enjoyed the chapter, but knowing it is ending soon leaves me feeling down. I don't like coming to this point with series I like.

joined Aug 29, 2019

So. Just one more to go eh? Don't think Kinniku Tarou-sensei is gonna pull a fast one on the meta level, sadly, so unless we maybe get an epilogue, that'll be it.
I'll be travelling across the country next weekend by train, so I may use that time to re-read the manga from the start once more. That'll be a good send-off, then.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Nooo conclusion!? I do hope we get some bonus chapters like Jyoshikou Dakara where it's them after High School. No reason not to keep this adorable train rolling right?

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

I'm not ready for this to end...

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

FINALE?!?! Nooooooo

runrin Staff
Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

so bummed it's ending, but i'm sure it'll go out with a bang

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

so bummed it's ending, but i'm sure it'll go out with a bang

Possibly literally.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

p.s Hino-san seems to be really loosing it- how long can she be THIS into Koguma before she realizes whats what?

My guess would be in the last chapter. Let's face it. The only way for this manga to end is with them fucking.

Welly Welly Welly Welly Welly Welly Well...

I called it all the way back in 2020.

joined Apr 28, 2022

I ain't got the money to throw down the bet, but all my chips are leaning towards if it does come to Doing The Sex either in final chapter or some omake, Koguma's gonna instigate

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

p.s Hino-san seems to be really loosing it- how long can she be THIS into Koguma before she realizes whats what?

My guess would be in the last chapter. Let's face it. The only way for this manga to end is with them fucking.

This series has been running for that long? Damn, I feel old now.

last edited at May 7, 2023 6:11PM

joined Oct 23, 2022

This series has been running for that long? Damn, I feel old now.

Mate, this manga has been running for 6 years by now, since 2017.

To reply you must either login or sign up.