Forum › Posts by Heavensrun

Heavensrun
Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Her friend said that her gf is not romantic, so why didn’t Nanoha react to that part???

She...did react? She's the one that said "For Real?!"

Heavensrun
Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Giving her the taxi fare struck me as a power move. Like, it's all nice and polite, but it's saying "I'm the one who lives with her, I'm the one who pays for her taxis, she is mine, you are just an acquaintance so don't try to do anything that looks like taking responsibility for her".

The fact that the very next step the girl moves on to is to find out what Iori's income is - so she knows what goal she has to surpass - means the message was sent and received.

Yeah, Iori gave her a 10k yen note. Her cab fare was probably less than half that, maybe way less, depending on where they live. It was a total flex.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

And here I'm expecting that Asumi will insist on going even if she doesn't feel well, cuz as we see, she pretty much expecting it to be Mai herself, and yet she just cancelled it without saying anything.

It was more like she was fantasizing about it being Mai, she didn't really have any reason to expect it any more than any of her other visits.

Heavensrun
Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Even in the credits gag, they're useless. But they're so cute.

I kinda want to see these two remain as "bffs" without ever becoming an official couple.

Only if they do it like it's Room for Two and they live together and go and do all the stuff in Kishi's Glasses and Gyaru series and Ayano still doesn't know if they're dating or not.

Oh definitely. I love seeing them together but I dont see either of them confessing without a painful plot contrivance and I definitely dont want that.

Or just an epilogue where they're middle aged, sitting together on the couch, petting their cats and watching the new years programming on TV, when suddenly Miyoshi goes "Wait.....Are we married?"

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Yes,ditch the biggest lead to the love of your life that you've been seeking for nearly forever over your fever.

Remember, Mai knew it was Asumi, but Asumi didn't have any particular indicator that she had the right one this time. To her it's just another roll of the dice, no more or less likely than any of the other girls she's already hired. Since it's nothing special from her perspective, and she doesn't know Mai is going on vacation, it's not like there's any reason not to just cancel and look after her health.

Heavensrun
Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

That's what I heard!? Is the Kase-san we knew a long time ago now acting childishly? Just because she fears that your girlfriend is in someone else's hands?

What a shame! This is not the real nature of the story! The author can only be wrong!

I repeat it: A SHAME!

(snip)

The message is given, Kase-san.

Your shitty rape culture meme made me hate Emo-suke even more. Thanks for that.

Yeah, what's even the point of that? are they just trolling? It doesn't seem in any way relevant.

Heavensrun
Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Won't get a boyfriend gardener, nothing mentioned about a girlfriend gardener if a university full of them.

that dialogue sounded weird for some reason like she could've said that she wouldn't date the prince or smth

She's reacting to Kase's worry that their interests are different. Kase was worried she would leave her for someone she has more in common with, Yamada was responding to that by pointing out that they don't have to have the same interests to support each other. "I can't run, but I can support you, and I don't want to date someone with my interests" It was actually a pretty targeted response from Yamada.

Heavensrun
Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

So.....does this make the list?

Heavensrun
Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Am I the only one that gets the impression that editor toraiwa is the type to try and rig the competition?

He may be the type, but I don't see how he could actually pull it off in his position.

He's the editor for a very successful manga. He probably has the boss's ear and the ability and inclination to use that to put pressure on the other editors.

Heavensrun
Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

That fact makes me feel old, despite me being 19yo.

(dead eyed stare)

Heavensrun
Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

gee I wonder who got 2nd place in general votes

I bet she was actually tied for first.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Are they graded on a curve or something? 80 is not bad but I wouldn't go showing off to my mo... oh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_grading_in_Japan

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

ow my diabeetus

Heavensrun
Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

It's already completed at 8 fucking volumes.

This release schedule is torture.

If I remember correctly, that's because there is no release schedule. No scanlators have committed to doing the series, we just get occasionally commissioned single chapters.

Heavensrun
Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Let's be frank here, is not over... Thanks to the Mochiverse, somewhere sometime they'll show up again ... Maybe in Avengers

Tsubomi will return....

(music builds)

Heavensrun
Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Just when I thought Tsubomi caught a break, that last panel got me. Does she not like happiness?

Not really surprising, when we see her in the original sister on a dating site manga, she's clearly still hung up on Daidou and bitter about the breakup. It wouldn't make sense if she found happiness this quickly after the breakup.

Heavensrun
Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Man, I kinda dislike the roommate. I dunno, her whole arc seems really unnecessary. When she was first introduced, I though I was gonna like her since she's got that kuudere vibe going. And I thought she and kase'd be good friends. Instead, she's just one of the many girls that have a cruah on kase- and I don't hate her for that- but she was also kinda a bitch to yamada which honestly, really came out of nowhere.

You need to look at it from her perspective instead of the reader's.

Yamada was instantly needlessly hostile to her. We know it's because Yamada was feeling threatened and jealous over somebody getting close to her girlfriend, but she doesn't know that. From her perspective, this girl just sidled up and started giving her death glares and getting confrontational and possessive over the fact that she has a perfectly normal sense of distance with her college roommate. People pick up on other people not liking them, and tend to respond accordingly.

Heavensrun
Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

So I proposed a change of the tags on this series. I've never done that before, and I don't really know the protocol, so hopefully it's not out of line. This series hasn't been about office lady roommates in a long time, it's not even really "adult life" as it feels like it's more about the sexual misadventures of a series of lolis than anything. No judgement toward anybody that's into the series as it is now, but the original tags just don't seem quite right anymore.

Anybody agree with me on this? If those tags are going to exist anywhere, I feel like they should just be put on the chapter tags for the first, like....What was it, five chapters before it went off the rails?

Heavensrun
Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

She probably just broke his nose or gave him a couple black eyes. I'm assuming this will set up for Yui to have take his place on tv but damn it be something if if the author said fuck it and Kase got in legal trouble. It probably be bye bye to her scholarship.

Eh, she's a runner. Her bag probably has some sneakers and a change of clothes. I wouldn't want to get hit in the face by it, but I doubt she's caused him any serious injury.

Doesn't make it acceptable, but still.

Heavensrun
Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Yeah, I'm gonna say that was uncalled for for Kase to immediately jump to attacking the Prince; there are lots of innocent explanations of why this might be happening besides "Yamada is cheating on you" ranging from "this guy is overdramatically confessing to Yamada and she hasn't turned him down yet" to "Hey, can you hold this bouquet for me while I get something out of my pocket?"

Given the context, he's probably making her responsible for it in some way. Either caring for it or putting it somewhere, or modifying the arrangement.

Even in the case that he's asking her out on a date, that's not a valid reason to literally attack him for it; he very likely doesn't know she's taken.

Even if he knew, it still wouldn't be a justification for assault. Yamada's a grown woman, she gets to make her own decisions, and Kase's jealousy has just been getting uglier as time goes on. At this point, I'm kinda starting to want them to break up. At the very least, Kase needs a serious chewing out and some real self-reflection.

Heavensrun
Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Uhh, Kase? That's assault.

That's not assault. That's a bag.

(rimshot)

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

To be fair with Mai, Asumi has also been fantasizing about her in middle-school form, since she can only remember her that way. So they're both lolicons for now xD

Also the age difference between the two is less than I thought, i was thinking 2-3 years but Mai is 22 and Asumi has recently turn 21(she can drink now), only they're only one year apart (1.5 maybe? )

Drinking age varies by region in Japan. She's probably 18, since she was in elementary school when Mai was graduating Middle school.

Drinking age in Japan is 20

Huh, looks like you're right. I'm not sure why I thought it was modified by local statutes. I must have misread something somewhere.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

They better not cut to the aftermath.

What else are you expecting? A hentai 4koma chapter? It's not that kind of manga.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED!

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

To be fair with Mai, Asumi has also been fantasizing about her in middle-school form, since she can only remember her that way. So they're both lolicons for now xD

Also the age difference between the two is less than I thought, i was thinking 2-3 years but Mai is 22 and Asumi has recently turn 21(she can drink now), only they're only one year apart (1.5 maybe? )

Drinking age varies by region in Japan. She's probably 18, since she was in elementary school when Mai was graduating Middle school.