Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^IF you mean Yuzu, a lot of people really like her and the slow build up with kaede. In fact personally I liked every pairing- and STILL liked the the main pairing best by the end.

I thought it was very emotional how Yuu got so serious and forced Haruka to face her fears and emotions to move forward.

I really loved Kotone and Suzuka as well, and how they straight forwardly faced down Kotone's father and confessed.

It was a great series overall. I'd love another season of the anime but doesn't seem likely :( and with so many chapters I can't see the manga carrying on to college either unfortunately. Maybe we will get a few little one off's following on?

last edited at Feb 16, 2019 9:56PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^But it sounds like what comes next wont be lol

elevown
Image Comments 15 Feb 00:30
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
_dragonling_au__nap_time_by_silent_shanin_dcy2sua

Its strange to say Kobayashi is the only adult when the dragons are all MUCH older

elevown
Image Comments 14 Feb 23:26
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
73184132_p0

^Except for Sakuya's spelling lol.

elevown
Image Comments 14 Feb 23:20
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
_dragonling_au__nap_time_by_silent_shanin_dcy2sua

How come all the dragons are kids and Kobayashi is the mom lol?

elevown
Image Comments 14 Feb 23:06
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
61534831_p0

^Lol- some circles' versions of her yup. Not like the Millet soup or other ones tho.

elevown
Slow Start discussion 14 Feb 22:54
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^I agree in general, but you add elements to stories for the stories sake- because they have a role or point- otherwise why go to the bother? Token inclusion? I don't think a story having a 'token' lesbian or trans character adds much from a representation point of view either - just like Nishimura could have been a guy but only the writer knew- and they never told anyone- it doesn't add much to the story or the conversation / normalizing it, unless it is visible and used to some effect I think.

So I think this fact WILL be raised again and have some significance - it doesn't need to have big deal made of it, but even if it's just to show trans / crossdresser (whatever he is) in a better light (they are often just joke characters in anime/manga) the writer will want to do a bit more than just stick a male symbol by their name. And I think you are right, it will presumably involve Eiko learning more about Enami.

last edited at Feb 14, 2019 10:58PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ Lol - I think that tag is like marmite - you either love it or hate it :)

The only manga I have come across with that tag that I really like is Yuri Mekuru Hibi.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Ok figured it out when I noticed there was LOTS of extra posts under i.e. It WAS tags but not quite what you suggested Drpepperfan (chrome was logged into my account too but not i.e) It was the whitelist.

I assumed white list meant 'always show stuff with these tags' - and I had yuri tag in it.. But it actually meant 'only show stuff with these tags' right? So I wasn't seeing anything that didn't have a yuri tag- like slow start.

Lol- So how much stuff have I missed going up over the last year or 2 with subtext or just no romance that was great lol? Its not like I only read yuri.. gonna have to do some general searches for yuri crash and subtext for the last few years lol.

My mistake- but glad I caught it at last. I bet it explains somewhere what the whitelist does too right?

P.s- I REALLY can't see slow start as not yuri any more.

last edited at Feb 14, 2019 10:15PM

elevown
Slow Start discussion 14 Feb 21:28
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ Lol- that's why I looked over it first time- at a glance it's not clear what it is due to the brackets being so close in to it- but you take a close look and it's clear what it is. I also didn't pay attention to the first name- which is a guy only name.

I wonder why the mangaka made the point of including this info but has yet to make it relevant? Well- I guess it lets us know Enami is fine with gender/sex related things that differ from 'the norm'.

last edited at Feb 14, 2019 9:28PM

elevown
Slow Start discussion 14 Feb 07:49
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Eiko, make certain you are never alone with that girl.

4) Nishimura is a crossdressing male (see ch24). He hasn't really gotten enough focus thus far to determine what his deal is (ie. sexuality/gender identity/etc.) but he seems to be an LGBT ally if Enami's comfortable getting drunk around him.

I just read through chapter 24 again, and there was nothing in there that made me conclude ANYTHING like this. At all.

You missed it, like I did too till it was pointed out - it has not been raised in the story

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/slow_start_ch24#11

After the name, in brackets - the male symbol can't mean anything else. (Hajime is also a common male name)

last edited at Feb 14, 2019 9:32AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

yup -

Futanari
Het
Tragedy
What the fuck am I reading?
Yandere

And it would show under chrome if it was a tag doing it, because the reader isn't logged in to my account on it.

Its weird- no idea what makes it show on ie but not chrome or firefox.

last edited at Feb 13, 2019 4:24PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I just noticed Slow start had been adding chapters but I hadn't seen them going up.

People tell me they see it in their recently added list- like on the 11th for example- but it isn't there for me- I only see 4 releases that day- none are slow start. I go back multiple pages of recently added and it's not there.

It dosn't have any blacklisted tags - and I don't think it's firefox add ons interfering because I tried chrome too, and it also doesn't appear and that has no addons. I tried then using I.E and it magically appears.

Isn't there weird? I've no idea if I've been having other releases not show in the lists for some reason too.

Anyone any ideas?

last edited at Feb 13, 2019 2:12PM

elevown
Slow Start discussion 13 Feb 14:04
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Thanks- it's not my blacklist - after testing, it isn't there in firefox or chrome, but IS in I.E - isn't that weird? Gonna make a post about it in case anyone's got a clue lol.

elevown
Slow Start discussion 13 Feb 10:51
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@luinthoron How come it doesn't show on my list? So this last chapter appears for you on recently added under 11th feb? I have 4 things listed there, no slow start.

@ Goggled Anon Thanks for the info :) I totally missed that male symbol after Nishimura's name in ch24 - I think because it's not drawn very clear it didn't register.

But I still don't get why Nishimura is saying adults are filthy (or dirty cheaters)- who cheated at what? If he is talking about Enami saying she wasn't drunk, I dont get it- she isn't- and hasn't claimed to be.. I thought Nishimura might be talking about how Enami was teasing her young student- though thats not much clearer.

elevown
Slow Start discussion 13 Feb 04:14
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

P.s How come when chapters for this appear they are not mentioned on the front page OR the recently added page?

last edited at Feb 13, 2019 4:15AM

elevown
Slow Start discussion 13 Feb 03:14
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was amazing :)

But there was some stuff I didn't get on page 73 -

The 'even a kitten can scare off it's prey' - who is the kitten? Tokura wasn't really scared off, but Sensei certainly wasn't. Tokura was a lot more the innocent one in this exchange- and calling sensei a kitten doesn't fit her- and she isn't the one doing the hunting. Well, she might be, I guess? So who is the kitten and the prey?

I wonder too what Enami meant by 'it wasn't a play'? Does she mean it was serious?
Why exactly does her friend state Enami hasn't got drunk at all today, and Sensei make a point of saying she has been saying that all along?

And what's with the last panel? What is her friends 'Arrg, adults are so filthy!' line about? and Enami responding with 'I was just telling the truth?' I don't get these at all- they seem to be talking about different things.

And wtf is the 'it's falling off' and 'my wig!' line about? Is that background chat or them? Why would she be wearing a wig and it be mentioned in passing in the last panel? I don't get this panel at all?

last edited at Feb 13, 2019 3:19AM

elevown
Image Comments 12 Feb 10:13
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
73060211_p0

I always mistake this girl for Alice in thumbnails.

elevown
Image Comments 11 Feb 23:28
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Lpuugot

Just tell her lol.

elevown
Image Comments 11 Feb 23:23
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Araara

Lol- I can't see these 2 hooking up. In fact I have trouble imagining either of them hooking up with anyone.

elevown
Yuri Moyou discussion 11 Feb 11:29
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Calm lol no- she is always instigating stuff - the main 'gimmick' of that pair is the girl who is meant to be the school prince is actually nothing like that - in reality she is shy and girly, but only her gf knows. And its her gf who takes the lead.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_moyou_ch04#2

Check it out- from the 2nd page after meeting them for the first time - we see the youngest sister being the dominant one and her senpai begging for more.

last edited at Feb 11, 2019 11:33AM

elevown
Slow Start discussion 10 Feb 00:26
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ I meant to ask what that was about- you mean panel 5 & 6 of the last page of chapter 56 right? Eiko realizes something or sees something on her phone (not sure if she was is looking at it or not) and says is that so? And has a bit of a blush before saying lets go.

I didn't see any specific reason for her behavior. Is the shop being near the station significant? That's about the only thing Tama mentioned- besides it having a rep for making yummy food.

Her expression didnt suggest she just wanted to go eat nice food.

last edited at Feb 10, 2019 12:29AM

elevown
Slow Start discussion 09 Feb 11:16
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ & ^^ Since there looks like no reason to redraw those bubbles I guess the text was just accidentally put in the wrong bubbles? It's hardly a big deal, just happened to notice and was curious.

You guys do great work- & I'm just happy people are working on bringing us this great manga :)

elevown
Slow Start discussion 09 Feb 01:09
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Chapter 55 page 53 last panel - did they use the wrong speech bubble types for the last 2 bubbles?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/slow_start_ch55#2

Seems like the 'indeed' should be spoken, and 'she became defiant' should be thought.

last edited at Feb 9, 2019 1:10AM

elevown
Image Comments 09 Feb 00:31
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
62981814_p1

What does the black rectangle in the top speech bubble mean?