Forum › Posts by elevown

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Can't say I liked it, but it is good, and rare, to see a more realistic yuri manga.

elevown
Image Comments 22 May 13:46
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Eftynmg

Such a cute couple :)

elevown
Image Comments 22 May 13:42
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Hanna__barbara____pls____by_vnixxir-db8v368

@KalzCarvalho oh get a room you 2 and you other 2 get a room too! (though it sounds a bit better if that last too is 'as well'.

Nice pics though :) Not sure why it has the dialogue listed in the top panel though - it kinda takes away the impact some.

elevown
Image Comments 18 May 21:13
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
66887660_p0

The hair is too shiny - like metal - but it looks great anyway :) Whats up with Sakuya's hands? Some kinda weird gloves?

elevown
Image Comments 18 May 13:14
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Dqcp_5cumaaiqu7-orig

^Yup me too- it was clearly cannon in the original short too - though Akko was clueless Diana had a crush on her.

elevown
Image Comments 18 May 05:15
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Dqcp_5cumaaiqu7-orig

@Midnightgunner Its weird hearing about seasons - there was only one right? At least in Japan. Netflix just split up the season for some reason. (My Japanese releases run 1-25).

I didn't hate Andrew as much as you though I wish he was in it a bit less. By the end though it almost seemed like they saw each other as 'one of the boys' as it were - he didn't seem much beyond a bit fond of her - and she never seemed to think anything romantic at all. If I remember the Director was clear Akko would not get a boyfriend, and was actually a fan of Diakko but was not allowed to go as far as he would of liked. That could change if they do any more and it still is popular with the fans I guess?

By FAR the most and best Diakko stuff is in 'S2' - though ofcourse nothing overtly yuri - but they become pretty close and there are quite a few big bits about them both - and being there for each other and relying on each other etc.
You will at the very least understand why the ship grew so large so easily.

And you are right, it is a great anime even setting aside any yuri. Also, Trigger always do good animation!

last edited at May 18, 2018 6:29AM

elevown
Image Comments 14 May 06:32
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Little_scars_by_yuri_murasaki-dbpb1fz

^Most people have at least a few insane and irrational beliefs.

elevown
Image Comments 13 May 22:04
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
[shirosato]%2057436434_p0

Lol

elevown
Image Comments 13 May 22:03
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Eilasanya

Its a nice pic but they aren't really acting like themselves -almost seems alt reality.

elevown
Image Comments 13 May 22:01
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Little_scars_by_yuri_murasaki-dbpb1fz

That was sweet :)

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^Lol - I'm positive that is not what it said.. has the page been updated since I looked? It said the person who bites their opponents side first wins. I'm sure? Maybe I'm loosing it lol.

But if that is the case, it seems a very easily abused and silly game since you are in charge of your own bites and they happen out of sight, it just boils down to who can bite the most minuscule amount off when they loose a roll. Or even just moves their mouth a bit but doesn't bit it at all.

You would have to have a rule saying each loss required you to eat a set amount - though again it would be impossible to check and easy to abuse.

last edited at May 12, 2018 6:30PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I don't know the series but this manga seems fun so far :) How is the anime? I'm guessing like this but without the yuri?

P.s one page 31 Ch4 - is the Image drawn wrong or is the translation wrong? (the pac-men diagram).

It says the first to reach /take a bit of the opponents side wins - yet we see the cho side remaining but the bread side looses? By those rules it would be impossible for choco side to win while any choco remains right?

elevown
Image Comments 10 May 07:08
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Ddne8dfuaaaulp_-orig

^ Totally agree :)

It's a nice pic but I wish the lines weren't so messy!

last edited at May 10, 2018 7:09AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I liked it overall.

As for the art, I think calling it 'really bad' is a bit of an exaggeration - stuff like Plica is bad - this overall is fine imo - and I am often a bit critical of art here. It's not really GOOD, and some stuff is off, but not so much it spoiled it.

One thing I'd point out as bad with the art is sometimes the figures look like cutouts stuck onto the picture. (see panel 1 on 404) its hard to pinpoint why exactly - outlines being too thick, shading is different, perspective is not matched? - they just don't seem to be quite IN the scene.

As for Pyoro's list - a fairly good shot at typical manga/anime plots :) But I'm surprised at something you missed-
am I the only one who got slightly supernatural vibes at times? Something felt a bit off to me - like some slight danger or supernatural element - maybe it was her traditional dress or how inside her house was drawn?

Like she might be some kind of Youkai woman, witch, ghost etc - there are many variations.

If I'm totally off there, and I think chances are I am, then I have to wonder why it felt a bit like that to me, and if it was deliberate by the author - or they messed up somehow and gave off a vibe that they were not aiming for.

last edited at May 10, 2018 1:35AM

elevown
Tapestry discussion 07 May 23:36
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^I agree - and I'm a total romanticist and believe we can have one true love for life etc (if we are lucky). It will hut her and be hard, sure, but only the same as it is for the rest of us if we loose a loved one - and most of us can carry on - and even fall in love again after enough years. It is sad to think on though.

And also, on the loli thing - I'm of 2 minds - you can call it loli from OUR external reader perspective in that the writer chose an immortal young girl for a specific reason - maybe to give some justification to the loli.

But from the perspective of if it was a real situation, then it would not be loli - though it would LOOK like it was. If the young looking girl was way older than the adult looking person, way wiser and more experienced in the world, then It would hardly be fair to say they can never have a lover just because they look like they are 12 - and you would certainly not be taking advantage of them.

The only remaining questions for me that I'm not sure of there is, would you have to be a lolicon to fall in love with them, even after getting to know them as a person who was very mature and intelligent? Would your knowledge of how old they really are and how mature mentally, let you ignore what they looked like or would you be unable to see past the little girl and be unable to desire them (if you were not lolicon). Or maybe if you fell in love with the person you would grow to like the body too even if you were not lolicon?

Lol - All kinda pointless questions that have no use in the real world - But I do think the idea of a young immortal girl / adult, relationship is interesting and would cause unique issues to think of. Whenever I see a young immortal girl like Maggie or Remilia I think on it.

Would you say someone taking a say 500 year old vampire for a lover - who looks like she is 13, is doing anything wrong? I'm thinking no - at least from her perspective.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm just trying to figure out how twins were born a day apart. They were born at midnight?

They don't need to be born at midnight - giving birth often takes many hours - and I don't know how it works with twins or more but I doubt popping one out means all the rest will automatically be born within a short time.. You could easily give birth to twins hours apart I guess?

So one was born one night, and the other early the next morning.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Always struck me as quite telling that a relationship where neither partner has to do anything beyond being "the fated one" is considered to be more romantic than one where the partners actually have to work for their love ...

I don't get the idea that is how it works in these scenarios. The other person being a soulmate or tied with the red thread etc just means that you were fated to meet, and maybe they are the perfect partner for you.

BUT- like any relationship, they still have to work at it - get to know each other, make the normal kinda compromises and sacrifices that come with a relationship. They might fall in love fast, but they still have to get to know each other and then fall in love with that person - they are not just in love by default the second they meet.

And

Realistically it'd mostly be creepy af. Some kind of... unfathomable supernatural mechanism just pairing people up in practical terms at random?

It would not be randomly pairing 2 people and then 'forcing' them to love each other via magic or whatever, but more simply, you could look at it as the red string ties you to the one person you are most perfectly matched with? All it is doing is removing the need to search for a suitable partner. You still need to build your love / relationship up with them.

Anyways I really liked this :) I love how normally it would be considered a taboo for twins to hook up but they are basically given the OK, and nobody can complain about it if it was literally fated lol.

I will hope for a follow on or 2!

last edited at May 7, 2018 1:32PM

elevown
Image Comments 06 May 17:58
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Eggs

I love Re: Cutie Honey :) Reminds me of kill la kill in some ways.. One of the first yuri I saw - and it's pretty blatant for how old it is. (15 or so years ago?).

That is Natsuko? She looks quite a bit different in this version! Which I didn't even know existed lol so going to go check it out. p.s juanelric The main pairing are not foes at all (These 2 characters).

Anyone who has not seen Re: cutie honey should watch it - it's only 3 eps. Then you can check out other versions if you like it. Don't know how this new version is yet - but will shortly!

last edited at May 6, 2018 11:45PM

elevown
Image Comments 06 May 14:00
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Dccwdeku8aatdir-orig

Are we sure it is Diana and not her and Akko's daughter? After all, logically there would be no reason for an Akko doll if it was baby Diana. (Not that logic need apply to fan art lol).

last edited at May 6, 2018 2:00PM

elevown
Image Comments 06 May 12:16
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Hibino_nozomu_68566477_p0

^Apparently 5th of any month can be considered Remi day - I couldn't figure out why. And I guess Mei = May so 5th of May = Remi+Mei. Meilings actual own day is 15th of may.

elevown
Image Comments 06 May 05:24
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Dahpvrpxcaawssy

Very nice - though I have a hard time believing Kay wouldn't be the dominant one!

elevown
Miyakodori discussion 05 May 05:53
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ Fairly sure it is set in Kyoto given the TL note on the Maiko term. Also You can see high rises and neon signs etc. Only Kyoto is famous for Geisha as far as I know (maybe Tokyo too?) You are not gonna have Geisha schools out in the country - you need to be where all the rich guys are.

last edited at May 5, 2018 9:56AM

elevown
Miyakodori discussion 05 May 03:19
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I thought it was set a good while ago at first but it seems contemporary. Do they really still have Geisha who dress and live like that? There can't be many surely.

Is it set in that historical reenactment area of Kyoto? Seems odd how everyone is always dressed like they are from the Meiji period or older.

I also found it a little confusing / disjointed in places.

last edited at May 5, 2018 3:26AM

elevown
Yuru Yuri discussion 03 May 18:26
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was super sweet :) I just wish she had verified it.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Btw is the title right? When I'm you? Not when I'm 'WITH' you?