Forum › Posts by kimou

joined Mar 20, 2012

By the way, this one got licensed and will be published in Mexico next year

And you have no idea how excited i am for this.
Never thought i could have this manga in my hands, and ¿in spanish? Dude, not in my wildest dreams.
I am not a fan of Panini's translations, they have no... "soul" so to speak, but at least it's gonna be here and its gonna be GREAT

I am going to try my hardest to get it in my country. This is great!

joined Mar 20, 2012

the sapphic urge to write characters bleeding out and experiencing immense physical pain and trauma

I was going to laugh and say "Pshaw, what an exaggerated statement!" but then I remembered novels like Clear And Muddy Loss Of Love and Female General and Eldest Princess.

Aaand I guess I have nothing to say after all.

i hate Female General and Eldest Princess spoilers—> i can’t believe people praise this as great Lesbian Romance when the supposed romance is just……UGH like we have 1/5 of the novel being romance AT THE END AND THAT is garbage fast forward because the author forgot this is supposed to be an romance novel

In their defense most Chinese novels I have read are just like that, at this point I think it's cultural. I just finished reading a series that was 4000 pages and they started holding hands like at 4/5 of it??? And it was portrayed as lewd and not in the reddit way, in the serious way. They take their slow burn VERY seriously. Just take Mo Dao Zu Shi, the most famous BLB of all as an example. Most of the series is just worldbuilding and very well written angst approaching the tradegy that killed Wei Ying in his first body.

I liked reading the female general and eldest princess but I don't know if I would recommend it.

joined Mar 20, 2012

I love that when he genderbends he is still as tall as before. Wonder if they are going to change pronouns when the transformation happens.

kimou
joined Mar 20, 2012
Fpqdeo6acaaxowr

There is a well-known fic called social skills that does their romance pretty well with a lot of action scenes mixed in. It has been worked on for like two years.

kimou
joined Mar 20, 2012
99242346_p3

This completely fits them, so cute

joined Mar 20, 2012

TL;DR: this version on Dynasty is meant to be a polished retelling of the entire story that will hopefully continue as long as possible into brand new adventures. Kamejiro's said if the serialized version fails she'll try to go back to self-publishing the rest, but ideally it won't come to that.

Thanks a lot for the explanation! I just got a lot more excited about the serialization that is being published here now then if it's mean to be a more explicit romance too.

joined Mar 20, 2012

It's not translated, though here it is on the author's twitter. Heavy spoilers of course.

I won't say I'm not considering translating it, but it would take me a while. And I'm not sure how worth it that would be if the serialized version truly does end up being a greatly revised version of the same events.

I just gave a try at reading it with a ton of google translate (sadly I haven't learnt japonese by osmosis from manga/anime yet lol) and from what I understood the mangaka said it was just chapter 1 and everything else is in the fanbox. Is the prequel (what is here in dynasty) what is being published at the moment or it there a direct continuation too?

kimou
joined Mar 20, 2012

What a good recommendation, that girl is demon catnip lol

joined Mar 20, 2012

Very cute, like the art style too. I just want the protag to drink some coffee so she can open her eyes xD

kimou
joined Mar 20, 2012

This last chapter was horrendous. Sorry I’m always talking shit but damn, I need to let these emotions out bruh.

The last few chapters have been great and I have to agree with you this was rough after them. Really hope the author does a one shot or something in the future.

kimou
joined Mar 20, 2012

Finale???? NOOOOOOO

last edited at May 7, 2023 3:41PM

kimou
joined Mar 20, 2012
Denimcatfish-1651408084030615553-img1

It's insane how good this looks, though it was from the mangaka for a second but it looks even more polished. The headphones tying them together are such a nice touch.

joined Mar 20, 2012

I loved how they drew Bocchi and it was so cute. Wonder if the mangaka ended up doing the longer work they mention in the notes.

joined Mar 20, 2012

I somehow missed that this ended, god it was cute. I'm excited for whatever this mangaka will do next.

last edited at Mar 29, 2023 6:20PM

joined Mar 20, 2012

For anyone that wants healthier BDSM (this could actually be it but they aren't any scenes establishing boundaries so it looks weird) I recommend Sunstone.

joined Mar 20, 2012
Mittsumia-1629768856628760576-img1

Wednesday's face in the last panel is just precious

joined Mar 20, 2012

Really excited for the time travel!!!

Argh I hate that the light novels don't have an official translation I can just pay for. I want to read ahead and I already tried the google translate / deepL route and they utterly failed :(

joined Mar 20, 2012

isn't this how mage and demon queen started

I was about to say no and just remembered that the queen saved her as a child. You know what someone get Faye some magic powers right now.

joined Mar 20, 2012

...were they just playing mario kart on a ps5?

Weird the author didn't draw a switch instead, overcooked 2 is on ps5 at least.

The games in the manga style looked super cute.

joined Mar 20, 2012

I was so sure this chapter was going to be super angsty with a fight or something, this was great!!!!! What an awesome way to start a new week.

Looking forward to the novel translation catching up to the manga on the hiatus.

joined Mar 20, 2012

Can someone from the future (a book reader) tell me in spoiler tags if the horns are metaphorical, demon ancestry, the system, etc? Like I didn't expect that at all.

you don't need to be from the future to remember the past. The horns are an lingering side effect of the "love potion" that Elsa used which got her possessed by a succubus.

Oops totally forgot about that effect, thanks!

joined Mar 20, 2012

Can someone from the future (a book reader) tell me in spoiler tags if the horns are metaphorical, demon ancestry, the system, etc? Like I didn't expect that at all.

joined Mar 20, 2012

Everything is Fine has traumatized me. I thought this was gonna have a horror ending for sure D:
Thankfully it was just cute :3

I ended up reading all of it because I wanted to get the reference and then got hooked. Now I can't see this one shot with the same eyes, if it was a reference on purpose it was creepy as fuck.

joined Mar 20, 2012

The fanfics for this in Chinese must be amazing

last edited at Oct 25, 2022 9:53AM

joined Mar 20, 2012

No way... Is she finally realizing.

THAT THE GUY SHE WAS INTERESTED IN WASN'T A GUY AT AT ALL!

I'll leave now.

You genius, I laughed so hard I scared my dog.